test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's been an honor and a privilege. May you all LLAP! \\//_

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Erm ... Brandon ... , there is this podcast ... you may have heard of it ... Priority Two or something ... -- they are always on the lookout for a Few Good Men (or women) . :)
    So how about it ?

In the mean time ... -- while I don't quite understand why this is your last post on the forums ... -- I still wanted to thank you for all you've done for us !!
    I may not have agreed with all of it , but I always tried to recognise your truth -- and separate that from the "company truth" (even tho sometimes they turned out to be one and the same) .

All the best , and wishing you many special moments ahead !

Keep on trolling (oh wait , that's me) --- errr , keep making your voice heard (if possible) .
    This game could use more positive ... stuff . ;)

Thanks again !
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Branflakes, you were possibly one of the best CM's in the gaming industry, and admittedly one of the few employees to consistently answer questions to the best of your ability. I will definitely miss seeing your name on STO-related announcements.

• coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by to let you know that this coming Friday (4/11) is my last day with PWE/ Cryptic, as I have made the tough decision to move back to Southern California.

Earlier this year, I stepped down as your Community Manager to accept a new position at work that was not only a promotion, but was an incredible opportunity to help the PWE Community Team and company as a whole by becoming their Team Lead. (You can read about that transition here.) In just a short amount of time, the team has reached new heights and I'm excited to say that our games' communities are thriving more than ever before.

For STO, Smirk and Trendy have taken command and have pushed the community's warp engines to 9.9. They are doing amazing, and I am so proud of them. Not only are they continuing to carry the torch that I ignited just about 2.5 years ago, but they are also breaking the mold. You're in the best of hands with them at the helm of the U.S.S. STO Community.

So… why am I walking away from my dream job? My career that took years and years to actually make a reality? Family. Life is too short to miss out on some very important family moments coming up (my sister is having her first child, my grandmother -- who is one of the most important people in my life -- is turning 90, weddings, birthdays, and much more), and with a few exceptions, my entire family is in SoCal. It was a very tough decision to make, but the support from my colleagues, as well as my family and friends, has been extraordinary.

And honestly, please know this: if transporters* existed (or if it would really be feasible to fly up on Mondays and back down on Fridays), I would do it in a heartbeat. Perfect World and Cryptic have some jaw-dropping things coming up, and it's sad to think I won't be a part of it. The team will move forward, as strong as ever, and I can't wait to watch their success and celebrate from the other side. *I did ask the team to see if they can get real life transporters on the schedule for next year, so you never know :P

Where am I headed next? Well, all that is still in the works. I'll be keeping my BranFlakes twitter account, so I'm sure you'll find out where I go once I know where I am going.

I definitely plan on continuing to go to STLV each year, as that was a tradition of mine before I worked here, so I hope to see some of you there! I will also still be playing STO. Remember, I was a community member and player long before working here, and a Trekker since I was a young boy. (Want to take a trip down memory lane? Check out my original CM intro post here.)

While this will be my last post on the forums, please don't be a stranger. Hit me up on Twitter, in-game (if you know my personal @handle), or by carrier pigeon.

The STO community -- each of you -- has helped made me who I am today. You've helped my dream come true, and for that, I am forever thankful. I will miss you all, and sincerely thank you for your support.

To the Dev team: I'm really going to miss working with each of you, and thank you as well for playing a huge part in my dream coming true -- I'll never forget it. You are all unbelievably talented, passionate, and hilarious. Keep up the epic work, and I can't wait to play what you have planned in 2014 and beyond. Especially REDACTED.

Until we meet again, Live Long and Prosper \\//_

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Does that mean you might return to Priority One Podcast?

Also, welcome back! I never did accept job offers in Silicon Valley for the same reasons you are moving back down to SoCal. And LA has prettier boys to look at on Santa Monica Pier. :)
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Brandon,

I look forward to seeing you in game. I know in that regards, you are still with us, so this is not goodbye.
    Maybe you could resume your Priority one Podcast activities? (CROSSING FINGERS)

If Cryptic/PWE were smart, they would leave the door way open for you, so you can come back whenever you wanted.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ... but wait ... who ... who will now fulfill the quest ... the quest that was started by Bran's predecessor ... ???

Is there no champion left for this noble cause ???

'Cuz I had to troll , just a little ! :P

Safe journey Captain ! :)
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bran, I'm gonna miss you lots. You were/are great and it's been a joy playing STO with you.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a Bay Area exodus going on or what? First, Adam Sessler leaving Rev3, followed by Anthony Carboni leaving Discovery, now Bran's headed back to SoCal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awww. Sad day. :(
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just as sad as the final scene from Star Trek - Undiscovered country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPK2tTx0tc

Good luck to you.

"second star to the right, and straight on to morning"

I always get that tingling sensation when watcht that scene
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As im English my shock be will expressed by the following: well bugger me! ( take that as you will ). What can I say but, thank you. You have been an a amazing community manger and person, you have put up with our floods of crocodile tears, have braved the doom and fought for us no end, thank you. I have one last thing to say.... You are our community manger. You are also our friend. We have been and always shall be yours , Live long and prosper.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    take care branflakes and know that the entire sto community will always remeber you and ill hope you keep in touch with us

this is not farewell ... only another journey in life
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I always get that tingling sensation when watcht that scene

Me too - one of the best scenes in ALL of the Star Trek movies - new and old.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,<shortened>
    To the Dev team: I'm really going to miss working with each of you, and thank you as well for playing a huge part in my dream coming true -- I'll never forget it. You are all unbelievably talented, passionate, and hilarious. Keep up the epic work, and I can't wait to play what you have planned in 2014 and beyond. Especially REDACTED.

Until we meet again, Live Long and Prosper \\//_

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No no, wait, tell us - Tell - Tell Us What You Know!

Just kidding. :)

Good luck on your future endeavours, and congratulations on becoming an uncle shortly!

I don't know if Mimey or Kolln posted here already, but until they do: as a coach for PvP Boot Camp, I thank you for supporting us in training new players and having more fun in this game. And also, as a Foundry author, thanks for hosting the foundry challenge(s). They are a blast. :)
    eazzie wrote: »
    I feel I really need to speak from the heart, as some of you guys have really no idea how much of an angel Brandon really is.

I got to know Brandon through tragic circumstances. Mark Valentine had recently passed away, and my own mother had recently been diagnosed with cancer. Feeling really low, I reached out to Brandon thinking he would know exactly how I was feeling, and he did. Brandon stood shoulder to shoulder with me daily as I saw my mom go from worse to worse, giving me the strength and support every single day. But I kept asking myself why is this guy I barely knew giving me such support, well we all know why, because Brandon didn't lead a community, he led a family, he would always be there for anyone of us regardless of where we were in the world.

When my mother lost her fight, on that very same day Brandon was there as a shoulder to lean on. He's still being that shoulder today, because through my own personal issues, a friendship bloomed and has thrived. Brandon is a unique individual, selfless, caring, compassionate, putting the needs of others first.

I am truly honored to have Brandon as a friend. Yes I can call him a friend not just because of STO, but our friendship has grown away from everything STO.

Brandon I know how much of a difficult decision leaving PWE has been on you, but I personally know why you have made the decision you have. You know you will always have my continued support in everything you do now, and go onto to do in the future (Rob included).

Although this is goodbye in the game environment, but it is certainly not goodbye for good, you know that.

You are so going to make a brilliant uncle when your sister gives birth. With an uncle like you that lil one will grow up knowing the value of integrity.

For everything you have done for me personally in you capacity as CM and CTL a mere thank you will never suffice (but you know I'm grateful)

Brandon you may of created a family forum, but PWE created a legend.

Good luck buddy

P.S. my three words Truth and Honesty

Eazzie TRIBBLE

You're making me cry...!

Brandon, please give your nephew/niece the proper Trek upbringing. They had better know that First Contact is 49 years away, and we should all be prepared for the T'Plana Hath to land in Montana.
    EDIT: Oh, and can someone confiscate Cochrane's rifle?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't say goodbye, because this never works out good for me.

Instead I wish you all the best and much love in your family, your wedding and each and everything planned in your live.

Thanks for your time and energy and endurance you put into the Community.

Just a thing: Worffan never loved you really. He just wanted you for your money, body and access to an all-items cheater console.
    It was ME who really loved you.

Mach es gut mein Freund, pass auf Dich auf..
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by to let you know that this coming Friday (4/11) is my last day with PWE/ Cryptic, as I have made the tough decision to move back to Southern California.

Earlier this year, I stepped down as your Community Manager to accept a new position at work that was not only a promotion, but was an incredible opportunity to help the PWE Community Team and company as a whole by becoming their Team Lead. (You can read about that transition here.) In just a short amount of time, the team has reached new heights and I'm excited to say that our games' communities are thriving more than ever before.

For STO, Smirk and Trendy have taken command and have pushed the community's warp engines to 9.9. They are doing amazing, and I am so proud of them. Not only are they continuing to carry the torch that I ignited just about 2.5 years ago, but they are also breaking the mold. You're in the best of hands with them at the helm of the U.S.S. STO Community.

So… why am I walking away from my dream job? My career that took years and years to actually make a reality? Family. Life is too short to miss out on some very important family moments coming up (my sister is having her first child, my grandmother -- who is one of the most important people in my life -- is turning 90, weddings, birthdays, and much more), and with a few exceptions, my entire family is in SoCal. It was a very tough decision to make, but the support from my colleagues, as well as my family and friends, has been extraordinary.

you really have nothing more to defend on your decision past this, i understand your concerns, please dont wait on our account, indeed family is more an issue and wish you well brandon.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    NOOOOO!!!! no one appreciated my Snarkyness more than you

I am a Dukat without his Garak :(

I wish you all the Luck

Live long and prosper
    GwaoHAD.png
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I am a Dukat without his Garak :(

LMAO!!!!! This made my day, Neo.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No no, wait, tell us - Tell - Tell Us What You Know!

Just kidding. :)

Good luck on your future endeavours, and congratulations on becoming an uncle shortly!

I don't know if Mimey or Kolln posted here already, but until they do: as a coach for PvP Boot Camp, I thank you for supporting us in training new players and having more fun in this game. And also, as a Foundry author, thanks for hosting the foundry challenge(s). They are a blast. :)

You're making me cry...!

Brandon, please give your nephew/niece the proper Trek upbringing. They had better know that First Contact is 49 years away, and we should all be prepared for the T'Plana Hath to land in Montana.

Sorry, but I spoke the truth.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

This clearly marks the beginning of the end for STO!

It will be difficult to go on without you Brandon, but I'll try.

LLAP Buddy. See you in Vegas.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't be a stranger Brandon, Ten Forward will always greet you with Orion Girls and Bacon!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Don't be a stranger Brandon, Ten Forward will always greet you with Orion Girls and Bacon!

Oh come on :/

Ten Forward greats everyone with them ;).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • applepipapplepip Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh my sorry to see ya go Brandon. Hope all goes well for you you do deserve it
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can think of nothing to add except, good luck to you and your loved ones, and good fortune attend you in all your future endeavours!

Peace and long life.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

This clearly marks the beginning of the end for STO!

It will be difficult to go on without you Brandon, but I'll try.

LLAP Buddy. See you in Vegas.

Ohhh behave lol. :P
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Happy trails :cool:
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

But but but...

Oh, very well then: Permission to leave granted.

*Second star to the right, straight on til' morning.*

LLAP Brandon.