test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase ?? What wrong with it

Comments

• zurganuszurganus Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im not going to answer this (there is no need again, if you want bug reports go to the bug section of the forums). Its obvious that you played another completely different game than STO in the past 3 years.

So you are choosing to avoid the question and continue to complain, fine, your choice. But no one is going to take you seriously considering you will not answer a simple question. But I didn't ask the forums what the bugs were, I asked you, since you are so adamant about them fixing bugs instead of making the game more inviting.

Seriously though, I am trying to understand your point of view, which is why I asked you. Not to mention I am having to semi translate your posts since in your fits of anger your posts are very garbled and your grammar is lacking.

As for what I have played...I have been here since day one, have been thru every incarnation of the game. So yeah you could say that after so long things become stale and need a refresh, like ESD.

But continue on your rant, I obviously cant stop you as you are locked in your point of view being the only right answer and everything else is the wrong one.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Yes. Art, Programming, Design, Production, QA

Many of the programmers at the company work on all games, so they aren't counted as STO.
    Audio is the same way.
    Cool. :) Thanks you for assuaging my curiosity!
    edited March 2014
    I am not "threatening" with quitting STO. Because there will be no need since in 2015 im pretty sure the game is almost on the ground already. But in the moment Star Citizen launches, im almost sure i will be out of here for good (and any reasonable person will as well). The forums of STO are like a cryptic compendium with everybody making positive comments and "good jobs cryptic" everywhere. I honestly think this must be the most false community ive ever seen in so many years lol. People talk about the ones that never write in the forums, im pretty sure those ones are the ones that have more common sense than the majority of people writting in the forums. IM PRETTY SURE.
    I'll probably play both this and SC.

Though I'm not overly interested in SC outside of it being a space sim, which I miss.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I am not "threatening" with quitting STO. Because there will be no need since in 2015 im pretty sure the game is almost on the ground already. But in the moment Star Citizen launches, im almost sure i will be out of here for good (and any reasonable person will as well). The forums of STO are like a cryptic compendium with everybody making positive comments and "good jobs cryptic" everywhere. I honestly think this must be the most false community ive ever seen in so many years lol. People talk about the ones that never write in the forums, im pretty sure those ones are the ones that have more common sense than the majority of people writting in the forums. IM PRETTY SURE.
    You know what you talking about is completely false? You have contradicted yourself in this thread more than a few times. You even failed to acknowledge the dev who posted in here, proving that you were wrong. I guess some people do not understand the concept of change.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zurganus wrote: »
    So you are choosing to avoid the question and continue to complain, fine, your choice. But no one is going to take you seriously considering you will not answer a simple question. But I didn't ask the forums what the bugs were, I asked you, since you are so adamant about them fixing bugs instead of making the game more inviting.

Seriously though, I am trying to understand your point of view, which is why I asked you. Not to mention I am having to semi translate your posts since in your fits of anger your posts are very garbled and your grammar is lacking.

As for what I have played...I have been here since day one, have been thru every incarnation of the game. So yeah you could say that after so long things become stale and need a refresh, like ESD.

But continue on your rant, I obviously cant stop you as you are locked in your point of view being the only right answer and everything else is the wrong one.

So, you want me to explain those thousand of bugs that are already commented in the forums?? no thanks. Im done with it. Im not chosing to avoid anything, its you who seems to live in a different world.
    Take me seriously?? lol. Well, that will be a new, really. Thats what i am waiting, someone to act like a reasonable person and see things how they really are.

You play since day 1 and you sayiing you dont have a clue about all the bugs that the game atesorates??? well, sorry you are a complete LIAR and there is no reason to listen to you anymore. People like you, that only writes things to pump up cryptic makes me sick. Bye.
    edited March 2014
    You know what you talking about is completely false? You have contradicted yourself in this thread more than a few times. You even failed to acknowledge the dev who posted in here, proving that you were wrong. I guess some people do not understand the concept of change.

Show me why what i said is false. LOL, i dare you hahahaha.

I never contradicted myself, that is what you probably want me to think. And who cares about the dev??? it doesnt matter if it is pete or john, or watever. You didnt understand anything at all lol.
    edited March 2014
    So, you want me to explain those thousand of bugs that are already commented in the forums?? no thanks. Im done with it. Im not chosing to avoid anything, its you who seems to live in a different world.
    Take me seriously?? lol. Well, that will be a new, really. Thats what i am waiting, someone to act like a reasonable person and see things how they really are.

You play since day 1 and you sayiing you dont have a clue about all the bugs that the game atesorates??? well, sorry you are a complete LIAR and there is no reason to listen to you anymore. People like you, that only writes things to pump up cryptic makes me sick. Bye.
    Well. That's that then!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Current ESD is not at the top of the station, it's in the "Bell" below the mushroom top. If you look out the windows, and up, you'll see the underside of the mushroom. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/13219597305_b934543802_o.jpg (I made a mistake in that image, the bell is 6000' across, 3000' diameter. Current ESD still has a 400' diameter)

Right, sorry. That's what I meant by "top of the station". I just phrased it badly lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You complain about the game yet still give them money, if those ships in your signature are yours anyways.
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    You complain about the game yet still give them money, if those ships in your signature are yours anyways.

What are you talking about. The first one is the kumari, i bought it with no real money just trading dilitium for zen (and it cost me about 1 month, nothing more) and the second one is the science destroyer.. free.

Anyways, im done writting in these forums. I know a lot of people will be really happy to "hear" this, but i dont care lol. I just want u guys to mark my words that in the year 2015 the game will be in a drop down road to the doom. Remember this. Because it seems that im the only one in the forums that thinks clearly. Bye everyone and good luck. And "good job cryptic" xDDDD.
    edited March 2014
    Well. That's that then!

I know right? I honestly don't understand his way of thinking. Was just trying to get a straight answer out of him, but that aint gonna happen.

And yeah, I've been here since closed beta waaaaaay back when. In fact I have sitting on my shelf right now the Collectors Edition of STO. Got lifetime the very first time they offered it. But then again he says I am a liar, so it must be true. :P
    edited March 2014
    I think this thread should be closed now, it has obviously run its course.
    edited March 2014
    And yeah, I've been here since closed beta waaaaaay back when. In fact I have sitting on my shelf right now the Collectors Edition of STO. Got lifetime the very first time they offered it. But then again he says I am a liar, so it must be true. :P

Oh hey, me too. Though I got my Lifetime and game for my birthday so I've been technically been playing free since launch, bar the occasional C-Store purchase.
    edited March 2014
    I know right? I honestly don't understand his way of thinking. Was just trying to get a straight answer out of him, but that aint gonna happen.

If you say you dont know everything about any bug, yes you are a complete liar, sorry (or stupid, but i dont think is the last).

Forgot to say, before i say goodbye that i predict that this weekend will be a server shutdown... again, just saying.. xD.
    edited March 2014

Been here since beta, LTS, collectors edition. I know nothing about STO apparently. :P:confused:
    edited March 2014
    Been here since beta, LTS, collectors edition. I know nothing about STO apparently. :P:confused:

No, obviously you dont. You better be sure you played STO and no other game. xD.

PD God, is any mod going to close this soon or not? xD
    edited March 2014

He somehow thinks that the only thing that can keep a game alive is if it fixes bugs. Pretty sure if you could get a look at Windows 8 bug list, you'd still see things there from Windows NT.
    edited March 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    If they don't work on missions, who is creating the environments used in the missions?

I think he means the story
    edited March 2014
    No, obviously you dont. You better be sure you played STO and no other game. xD.

PD God, is any mod going to close this soon or not? xD

Who uses 'xD' when talking seriously?
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What are you talking about. The first one is the kumari, i bought it with no real money just trading dilitium for zen (and it cost me about 1 month, nothing more) and the second one is the science destroyer.. free.

Anyways, im done writting in these forums. I know a lot of people will be really happy to "hear" this, but i dont care lol. I just want u guys to mark my words that in the year 2015 the game will be in a drop down road to the doom. Remember this. Because it seems that im the only one in the forums that thinks clearly. Bye everyone and good luck. And "good job cryptic" xDDDD.

Better people than you have made more dire predictions than this over much bigger issues.
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Who uses 'xD' when talking seriously?

Apparently he does. He looks so smart when he does it, doesn't he? /Sarcasm
    edited March 2014
    Apparently he does. He looks so smart when he does it, doesn't he? /Sarcasm

Well i can tell you that im not so smart, but im not a 10 years old kid. Something that a lot of people here seem to be. But again, it is a waste of time to write in a forum full of cryptic employers. Bye, arrivederchi, Adios amigos xD.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    regardless what some people are ranting about the negativety of esd. it looks awesome.

what i dont understand is noone talking about this is not the first overhaul of earth space dock. i read a post by an artist that compared this new one with the existing one as if it was here since launch. this is not true. the esd that is currently on hollow deck is better then launch esd and tribble is awesome to hallow deck.

what i enjoyed about last over haul was the envasion, we had crystal entity, klilngon, romulan, undine, and every enemy of star fleet attack esd and it was super cool.

so dont get me wrong fabulous job on the work. just dont forget the history of the game.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Then maybe someone should show them how to work on storylines, and missions, either that or lay them off, and hire people who can work on storylines, and missions. Doesn't make sense to add stuff you don't need to an ailing product, it's a waste of precious resources. The one trick pony has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur, in all successful companies in the current business model.

Really? Is that why WoW has done two engine upgrades, and then redid the entire look of the game two years ago. And while CoH was sunsetted after 8 years; it two went through two major graphics engine upgrades and zone reworkings. EQ, LoTRO and the majority of Western MMOs have decided to rework/redo zones as they can and PC technology on the graphics front advances. Of course none of the MMOs I mentioned had any measurse of success,right?

(Oh, wait, WoW is still the population moster against which all other MMO populations are measured by most MMO news sites; and EQ is going on it's 15th year in operation.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Edge I love they way you said you would stop posting about 3 pages back, but you can't seem to help yourself. Classic.:rolleyes:

Anyway this thread should have been closed about 6 pages ago. It's getting pretty toxic.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To illustrate further...

This is the pre-Season 9 ESD interior, as seen from the outside. Notice how there is no structure that could possibly be correlated to this on the external view. especially with those humongous windows completely encircling the stem.

This is the Season 9 ESD interior map, as seen from the outside. (Note this image was from the earliest TRIBBLE build that was before they added the extended shuttlebays) Now you'd probably be hard pressed to find windows and shuttlebay doors that line up exactly like this, but you can see how the new interior MUCH more feasibly correlates to the exterior. Especially when seeing cutaway views like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited March 2014

Anyway this thread should have been closed about 6 pages ago. It's getting pretty toxic.

I agree with you, but like Edge, I can't help myself. I guess I am just waiting to see what he says next. :P
  • mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EDIT: The docking bay will hold an Odyssey without issue, and with plenty of room to spare for other ships. However, the Odyssey won't fit through the docking bay doors.

Will the Odyssey not fit though the doors even when rolled a bit? I'm thinking of how we sometimes get couches through narrow doorways. They're too wide to go through when sitting straight up, but when rolled a bit they can be gotten through. I'm just wondering if that wouldn't be enough to get an Odyssey in there.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/stardestroyer001/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Photos/Untitled-1_zps8ed07356.png

Basically, the summary is:

Yeah, Sovvie can fit... Canon Sovvie though. (I stand corrected.)
    Anything wider/longer than a canon Sovvie cannot fit. Including the Regent.

Also, STO Sovvie has some major scaling issues.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The actual ESD confusing¿?????????????? hjahahahahahahahahaha, seriously, well, you could just post really big letters along the hallway. How the hell can be confusing the actual ESD?? seriously. The only thing you need to do is to go to 1 of the 4 spoted places on the station. Really, there are 5 spots, one in the center and 4 along the corners. If people get confused with that, seriously they have a big big problem.

I suposse those people still didnt create a klingon toon. Or they will be crying by now lol with Q'onos.

As i said, waste of time on useless things. As always, sigh. I wonder if someday i will be able to say "good job, cryptic". For real, i mean.

Speaking as someone who has multiple characters on both FED and KDF factions, and who has played since before STO launched in 2010:

Go to bed!

The new ESD (currently on Tribble) is above and beyond the old ESD (on Holodeck). While you might not think "running around in a circle" is confusing, there are people who legitimately find it confusing. Not to mention, having to look at walls/map just to find which quadrant of the station are currently in. I've gotten lost quite a few times on old ESD, and I don't consider myself to be in any way, shape or form mentally deficient.

While you might not think revamping ESD was necessary, I find it highly likely there are atleast a dozen more who DO think the revamp was necessary. Myself included. What Taco said, was that (as environment artists), they could've made more missions instead of revamping ESD. But that requires the assistance of other developers, who already were preoccupied with things like REVAMPING KITS. So they compromised, and decided the best way was to revamp a social zone. In this case, ESD. They didn't need to. But they did. Not revamping ESD, would not have made them make more mission maps instead (since it still requires other developers in addition to environment artists).
    Thats the problem. People think its not serious. I dont care about ESD, i dont care about walking through a different ESD. You dont get it, guys.

What i dont get it, is why cryptic is wasting time on this. When we have so many troubles out there waiting to be solved. Why the hell are they focusing efforts on this and not in fixing bugs??? ?for example??? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME?. Why is this so damn important????? is people really blind out there?? seriously??? zzz.

Yes, I'll EXPLAIN IT TO YOU (responding with caps):

Tacofangs and the other environment artists have ZERO involvement in fixing bugs. That's the work of the programmers. Not the map makers. Fixing bugs and making maps are handled by two separate departments.