test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #5: Changes to Reputation Powers

Comments

• swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    It is logical that with ANY game, the more time you invest in playing, the better you get, the easier it becomes. But, not with STO thanks to the whiners.
    It now defeats the purpose of bein a vet

i guess that brings it to the point
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's so much that they do things at random... as they tend to take an iterative approach to the game.

I do think that they need to put a little more thought into how these passives are going to combine and I'm afraid that 4/4/4 is too limiting if the Rep system grows anymore. On the other hand, going with 4/4/4 means they can raise those limits later if there's good justification. They don't like putting the genie back into the bottle, so I can see why they wouldn't go with 8/8/4 out of the gate.

I recall a comment by DeAngelo that the Dyson Rep progression was a little faster than they had intended. Well, this slot system means they can now pull out all the stops. It doesn't matter as much that someone's figured out how to blow through the progression. They still hit a cap and have to choose what to slot and what not to slot.

Dyson was perfect, it was exactly what rep progression should be. And I saw this as a long time game player. There was still the 20 hour wait time even if you got all the marks you needed. It was fine. The problem with the rest of the reputations were clear.

You go do the ground missions for borg on defere for example, come out of there with huge disappointments on what you get, how few marks and how few items you can craft (imagine my surprise as a max crafter seeing that I have to go through yet ANOTHER grind to get items that are mostly consumeable on the borg defera ground zone. Really?)

Romulans were just plain exploitable. I saw people doing the same patrols over and over to get their marks or scanning radiation anomolies like crazy mad and turning those in over and over again until the place was empty.

Dyson at least made you have to work for it. It was perfect. As a long time player and a long time mmo player, this moved as quickly as other titles that weren't trying to make me log in just to login. I hate that! I'm almost done with dyson rep.

I also loved the fact that Dyson rep GAVE me the stores. There wasn't this extra side grind to get the gear I wanted out of the stores like the other reps. They did Dyson perfectly imo save for the space zones.

As far as these trait changes, they can have them because as a science captain I'm HIGHLY disappointed that once again science has to take a hit in PVE because someone whined in PVP.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, get a life loser.
    Hey i dont mind you cry babies that cant hack the pace and cant play sto for peanuts wrecking the game, cause there will be a day where someone else will wreck the game for you with their whining......ahhhhh karma has its ways lol
    Besides, ive already stated what my intentions are going to be. But, its ok cry baby, we all know now you cant play sto, so you gotta have a temper tantrum to get devs to change things to suit your handicap:P

Its all good my friend... really though if your going to go the Karma route I guess its my duty to help you out.

Hostilities aren't stilled through hostility,regardless. Hostilities are stilled through non-hostility this, an unending truth.

Unlike those who don't realize that we're here on the verge of perishing, those who do: their quarrels are stilled.

In other words. Peace to you my brother, life is short its just a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    genada wrote: »
    I have not seen a game with the passive rep rewards such as STO has. The best solution for pvp could be to just have no rep powers and no rep passives. Then further limit pvp to fleet gear. That would place everyone on a much more lvl playing field and limit the need to grind to getting fleet marks and dil for the fleet gear needed.

With that type of solution you could then provide fleet marks as a reward for doing pvp to help people along that are just wanting to pvp.

Completely agree 100%!!!!! This!

This would have been a far better solution to the problem of PVP than to take away powers that certain careers need in PVE!
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have not seen a game with the passive rep rewards such as STO has. The best solution for pvp could be to just have no rep powers and no rep passives. Then further limit pvp to fleet gear. That would place everyone on a much more lvl playing field and limit the need to grind to getting fleet marks and dil for the fleet gear needed.

With that type of solution you could then provide fleet marks as a reward for doing pvp to help people along that are just wanting to pvp.

I wouldn't necessarily go that way. I'd basically make 2 PvP modes: Normal and Simulation. In normal you could bring everything you have while in simulation you would get a random ship with more or less random build. So here you would find balanced teams... most of the time at least. And would keep the exact same rewards for both modes.
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    why is it that they never unlocked the rep system prior to reaching level 50??? that way lower level characters would be able to build rep prior to reaching VA and heading out into the universe. It is dumb that everyone is blocked from the reputations until they are max level.

I think it is unfair that we as veterans are getting punished for working hard and actually playing through the game and grinding out the content that is available. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY SOMEONE WHO HAS PUT IN THE TIME, ENERGY AND RESOURCES TO BECOME POWERFUL SHOULD BE PUNISHED IN THIS WAY.

This change is dumb, it really does negate all the effort that we have put into grinding out each reputation to gain its bonus.

someone commented on the fact that cryptic would eventually put in additional rep trait slots for sale in the zen store and that is totally incorrect. They would actually put them in the lock boxes because that way they could squeeze the players even more for money forcing us to buy keys to open boxes for a chance to get additional rep trait slots, for something that we already had before.

Seeing that in pve content we are having mobs that are doing 20k, 40k, 200k damage to us in a single attack, I really fail to see the logic behind nerfing all the veteran players since the rep passives DO NOT increase dps by that much, as hawk compared the 4k dps new player vs the 40k dps veteran. If you think that it is passives that create that damage discrepancy then you sir do not play star trek online.

you should not limit the number of passives to 4/4/4, if anything leave it as 8/8/4 and for every new rep that comes out give us 1 more space and ground rep trait slot to add.
    edited March 2014

I don't disagree with you really. Your idea is interesting and its not one I have heard before. :)

Idealy I would love a system like Guild wars has where PvP is its own thing... and the gear is all free... and there are no extra bonuses you may have earned in the PvE world. It has worked very well over there... not sure Cryptic could be convinced there would be money it it for them... I believe the number of players that would return though would make up for that. Still it would be a long road to do that here... how much do they leave out right... rep ? consoles ? doffs ? boff passives ? it could become a long list and in the end they could come up with a system that either didn't make people happy or went to far and again people wouldn't be happy.

Hard to say It seems they have some plans here though guess will just have to wait and see what they are all going to do with S9.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Traits this is the system Lotro uses. They have a system somewhat the same where by earning rep with factions you unlock traits... and you also unlock them completing acheivments and such. Its not the same of course... but its a similer idea... where the game has lots of possible traits but you only slot a few at a time. Its an older MMO and theres is more flushed out... but I do find it close on the surface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its all good my friend... really though if your going to go the Karma route I guess its my duty to help you out.

Hostilities aren't stilled through hostility,regardless. Hostilities are stilled through non-hostility this, an unending truth.

Unlike those who don't realize that we're here on the verge of perishing, those who do: their quarrels are stilled.

In other words. Peace to you my brother, life is short its just a game.

Exactly, just a game, so why cant the whiners leave it alone then? mmmmmm

when they have just made things easier for noobs and not taken into consideration the amount of time us vets have invested, Noobs want to be as good as us vets, they need to invest the time like us. Not let it be handed to them.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Exactly, just a game, so why cant the whiners leave it alone then? mmmmmm

You seem to have a lot of anger. Do you need a hug ?

If you find me objectionable feel free to ignore me of course... or better yet make a cogent argument for your view.

Focus not on the rudeness of others, not on what they've done or left undone, but on what you have & haven't done yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't disagree with you really. I would love a system like Guild wars has where PvP is its own thing... and the gear is all free... and there are no extra bonuses you may have earned in the PvE world. It has worked very well over there... not sure Cryptic could be convinced there would be money it it for them... I believe the number of players that would return though would make up for that. Still it would be a long road to do that here... how much do they leave out right... rep ? consoles ? doffs ? boff passives ? it could become a long list and in the end they could come up with a system that either didn't make people happy or went to far and again people wouldn't be happy.

Hard to say It seems they have some plans here though guess will just have to wait and see what they are all going to do with S9.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Traits this is the system Lotro uses. They have a system somewhat the same where by earning rep with factions you unlock traits... and you also unlock them completing acheivments and such. Its not the same of course... but its a similer idea... where the game has lots of possible traits but you only slot a few at a time. Its an older MMO and theres is more flushed out... but I do find it close on the surface.

The details would need to be worked out of course but the start should be putting pvp and pve into it's own spaces.

Is there real money in it? I believe any game that's worth playing and is a good game will bring in money. With the small amount of players they have as of current doing pvp, it's hard to see it costing them much money at least. I would think if STO pvp was improved and it was making people want to do it, there would be money in it from just the people buying ships.

No solutions are going to make everyone happy and you can not expect them to do so but putting pvp and pve in it's own corners will make more people happy in both communities then it's shared space as of now is.

STO is not the first mmo and there's new ones coming out all the time. STO should look to any and all sources to see where they can improve.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greucean wrote: »
    If it would be just a game, then it would be game over. And restart. Obviously it's not just that. People need to quit comin up with these kind of inane allegories. It's not a salad, its not cheese, its an online game that doesnt end. If you don't like playing it because its a chore, then perhaps you need a different kind of hobby.
    No, it's not a chore. I didn't say it was. I specifically said it's a game, not a chore.

And it can be over. Just get up and walk away from it. Besides, a game isn't defined as something that has an end. And no, it's not obvious. Not to all of us. I'm sorry if you feel as though a game needs to be something you work in. Some of us have plenty of that to do IRL. If you don't like it because it's a game, then perhaps you need a different kind of hobby. ;)
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They've been doing everything for the newbs for a while.. aka the pvpers. :mad:
    edited March 2014
    You seem to have a lot of anger. Do you need a hug ?

If you find me objectionable feel free to ignore me of course... or better yet make a cogent argument for your view.

Focus not on the rudeness of others, not on what they've done or left undone, but on what you have & haven't done yourself.

practice what you preach :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited March 2014
    when they have just made things easier for noobs and not taken into consideration the amount of time us vets have invested, Noobs want to be as good as us vets, they need to invest the time like us. Not let it be handed to them.

Well it isn't really new players saying this is what they want... they are new and don't know what they want after all. Its like saying a 5 year old Wanted a piece of grade 1 curriculum changed to make something easier. It really wasn't there choice was it.

The Developers of the game have decided that THEY are having a hard time deciding how to set difficulty levels of new content. They have pointed this out as one of the reasons for that issue... and they have laid out there plan to correct the issue.

Can you come up with a more logical fix that would make you happy... and allow them to solve there issue... both now... and down the road when more reps are introduced.

There have been a few been a few usable ideas that I hope they see. I have not however seen such a well reasoned alternative posed by you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    practice what you preach :)

I do every day thanks... perhaps one day we can both still our own karmas and hit a temple up together. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    STO is not the first mmo and there's new ones coming out all the time. STO should look to any and all sources to see where they can improve.

No doubt... some developers (like Trion) are very good at taking ideas from other games and folding them in and making them better even. Would be nice to see Cryptic do that some more. I will give them some credit though they do have some pretty interesting rifts on the standard MMO. Its not all bad. There is just some implementation issues here and there. Like a few others have mentioned as well sometimes the issues seem like they should be very obvious. Like this one which had this change been done 6 months ago before Dyson it likely would have been no big issue now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Completely agree 100%!!!!! This!

This would have been a far better solution to the problem of PVP than to take away powers that certain careers need in PVE!

But the devs have said specifically in responses in this very thread that the change wasn't made to address PVP issues. It was made to address PVE issues that will crop up with each new reputation they add.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Well it isn't really new players saying this is what they want... they are new and don't know what they want after all. Its like saying a 5 year old Wanted a piece of grade 1 curriculum changed to make something easier. It really wasn't there choice was it.

The Developers of the game have decided that THEY are having a hard time deciding how to set difficulty levels of new content. They have pointed this out as one of the reasons for that issue... and they have laid out there plan to correct the issue.

Can you come up with a more logical fix that would make you happy... and allow them to solve there issue... both now... and down the road when more reps are introduced.

There have been a few been a few usable ideas that I hope they see. I have not however seen such a well reasoned alternative posed by you.

well, anyone think that maybe they could increase the difficulty of the content......that is what people are complaining about yes? too easy of content?
    if it is the other end, too hard content, lower it....but i doubt thats the issue at hand
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Frickin great. TRIBBLE over the player who bothered to do the Reputation system, thinking they are improving there characters. Sorry if a player can't be bothered or is new to STO than they should expect to be have their TRIBBLE whipped by someone who has bothered to max out their character, that's like real life. If Cryptic is really serious about making a level playing field then every character would have the same skills, same crew, same ship, same doffs and same equipment. There would be no Z-store ships, no fleet ships and no fleet equipment. All these changes are just for PvP, but sorry PvP failed long before the Reputation system was introduced to STO. So PvE players are getting punished just for the sake of PvP and new players. Why not just make the Reputation system work in PvE and disable it in PvP, much like how they disable skills in Q's Winter Wonderland. What is the point of all the grinding if players don't get something out of it. I can't see what Cryptic is getting; our time. If we are playing STO we aren't playing some other companies games.

My advice to any people thinking of playing STO is don't. It's really not worth your time or money. Any achievement in the game will be wiped out at the next revamp of the system. Take crafting. I maxed out crafting the first time, then Cryptic revamped crafting and I had to start all over again. Soon they will revamp crafting again and they have said that you will loose most of your achievements, how is this fair.

Every time Stephen D'Angelo takes over Veteran players of STO, players that have played STO for some time, gets screwed over. Last time they introduced Dilithium, this time massive reputation revamp.

To say “I'm not a happy bunny” is a massive understatement. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I give it a couple months until the ideal, perfect power combo is discovered and nothing else is ever used.
    edited March 2014
    I do every day thanks... perhaps one day we can both still our own karmas and hit a temple up together. lol

well, no, you dont, cause you have been rude. If anything, you're contradicting yourself now.
    You been rude to me and wonder why im rude back.
    You keep pulling out these philosophy's, but i dont see you practicing them yourself thru your rudeness.
    So, here is a philosophy for you.... Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STO shows what happens when devs think more like players and will not say no. The balance and problems that are happening is mainly due to being afraid to be devs and nerfing when need be.

When things are out of balance, things need to be nerfed. Is it fun to be nerfed, nope. Is it good for the overall game? Hopefully it will be.

The problem tho is with this one small change it does little to nothing to bring back any sort of balance or fix the problems. The truth is we do need a lvl cap increase and a general reset of EVERYTHING to restore balance.

Scims are overpowered. It's know and it needs to be nerfed.

Aux to bat is overpowered. It's know it and needs to be nerfed.

Romulan boffs are overpowered. It's know and it needs to be nerfed.

That's just three examples of things and there is many many others and there is also other things that are not powerful enough and need to be buffed. The problem is that there is so many things out of balance at this point it would be hopeless to attempt to balance things and the only solution left is to increase the lvl cap and start a new.

Devs need to learn to say no and they need to take action when things are out of hand or this will just happen again.
  • andystanandystan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so i'm not really happy about this proposed change. I've read over half of the thread (60 pages at last count) and it's a lot of backwards and forwards arguments.

I have a simple solution that would potentially please everyone. How about instead of the set in stone 4/4/4 we have maybe 2 space and 2 ground passives with 4 universal passive slots and 4 active slots? Maybe even 2 passive space and ground and 2 active with 6 universal passive or active slots? (Could possibly hard cap the actives at 4 if cryptic feels that is necessary)
    Either way some universal slots would afford the flexibility that this new system is supposedly going to give and it would stop the power creep that the rep bonuses are creating. Obviously ditch the proposed buffs to the rep powers but surely this would be fairer on the people who already have the reps already.

If Cryptic were that worried about the reps creating that much of a gap between fresh 50s and vet 50s why not make one or two of the older reps available to start at level 45? Ok they might not have a lot of powers by 50 but surely that would take a bit of the edge off the difference between the fresh 50s and vet 50s without penalising players who have been here longer.

I imagine that Romulan and Omega rep trees could be unlocked at 45 without creating too much drama - normal borg STFs unlock at 44 and NR missions really aren't that demanding that a 45 couldn't do most of them. Sets wouldn't be affected as they would effectively be locked from use until level 50 if the old Mk X and XI sets are ditched but the Mk XII items can at least be picked up a bit earlier spreading out some of the grind and further reducing the gap between vet and fresh 50s. Keep Nukara, Dyson and (probably) Undine reps locked to 50 and use the 2/2/4/4 system I suggested above then everyone would be a damn sight happier than they are right now

Oh and also being able to change slotted rep powers simply out of combat is a ridiculous idea - make it sector space or non-combat maps at least - otherwise PvE and PvP missions will be significantly slowed down while everyone was messing about tweaking their rep powers every 2mins.
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    No, it's not a chore. I didn't say it was. I specifically said it's a game, not a chore.

And it can be over. Just get up and walk away from it. Besides, a game isn't defined as something that has an end. And no, it's not obvious. Not to all of us. I'm sorry if you feel as though a game needs to be something you work in. Some of us have plenty of that to do IRL. If you don't like it because it's a game, then perhaps you need a different kind of hobby. ;)

Well, its not a chore for me at all. I liked working for what I have in it, and will continue to do so. If you feel you need a break... then by all means, find yourself some other relaxation mate. Perhaps some other game where they give away all the stuff from the very beginning and everyone is an equal whether they're 2 minutes or 2 years old might suit you?
    In that case I suggest something like Battleship, because frankly, even Farmville might be too much for you.

I'd like to pretend I care about you having IRL work to do.... but I don't give a damn. Sorry?!? ;) ?!?

PS: You made the "chore" analogy mate. Not me.
    edited March 2014
    well, anyone think that maybe they could increase the difficulty of the content......that is what people are complaining about yes? too easy of content?
    if it is the other end, too hard content, lower it....but i doubt thats the issue at hand

That is exactly the issue at hand. Go and read Hawks posts in this thread. They feel there is a major gap between no rep new level 50 players... and players with full rep. The issue they are claiming is that if they make it hard enough for you and I as full rep players to find it challenging. They are in fact making the content harder then new players can abide. On the other hand they believe that if they maintain the current level of difficulty we as full rep players will become bored. Either way they loose customers either old ones or new ones. Neither option is acceptable, right ?

Step back from the thread for a moment and consider the recent history of PvE missions. They released Hive and it was hard for many people. I didn't find it hard, I will bet you didn't either. Having said that it was adjusted more then once because there was a lot of uproar over the difficulty level of that mission. You can also look at all the new missions. It is obvious they are not happy with the current completion times of the old missions. The new missionas are all Timer based missions. Meaning no matter how much DPS you bring if a mission is intended to be 10min of play time that is what it is going to be. They have also added a 60s "briefing" prior to all the newer qued PvE missions. From that I think it is safe to infer that they where unhappy with the pacing of there missions. The design of the newest missiosn doesn't punish anyone for being horrible. :) It also doesn't reward you *with a faster completion) if you are fantastic. I would say that is because they are lost when it comes to mission balancing given the current meta situation.

So we know what they have decided on as a solution. So again... if you have a better idea. This is the place to put it forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    STO shows what happens when devs think more like players and will not say no. The balance and problems that are happening is mainly due to being afraid to be devs and nerfing when need be.

When things are out of balance, things need to be nerfed. Is it fun to be nerfed, nope. Is it good for the overall game? Hopefully it will be.

The problem tho is with this one small change it does little to nothing to bring back any sort of balance or fix the problems. The truth is we do need a lvl cap increase and a general reset of EVERYTHING to restore balance.

Scims are overpowered. It's know and it needs to be nerfed.

Aux to bat is overpowered. It's know it and needs to be nerfed.

Romulan boffs are overpowered. It's know and it needs to be nerfed.

That's just three examples of things and there is many many others and there is also other things that are not powerful enough and need to be buffed. The problem is that there is so many things out of balance at this point it would be hopeless to attempt to balance things and the only solution left is to increase the lvl cap and start a new.

Devs need to learn to say no and they need to take action when things are out of hand or this will just happen again.

You are talking about Scimitars, right? Being over powered? HA what a joke. I have them ad they are far from overpowered.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE, this thread got long in a hurry, lol. Frankly, I'm not gonna bother reading all the back and forth of fussies I'm sure must be littered throughout, I just want to chime in on the off chance that a dev might read this, to thank the devs for being brave enough to actually make such a big change that is bound to have quite a bit of backlash.

"Wah, wah, we grind so hard, now you take it away. Wah, wah, I hates reps, wah wah...wah."

The power creep in this game was indeed getting out of hand, and these recent changes that should make the rep grind less of a grind and that puts a cap on what rep passives can do is quite nice, and necessary. I hope that the devs will keep swinging their nerf machete until we cut everything down to size and hack and slash all the OP out of the game until we are all nice and relatively equal no matter our choice of ship or career. I am super looking forward to season 9 and beyond if more of these "getting the house in order" changes are going to be coming down the line rather than simply more (MOAR) additions.

I eagerly await changes to captain "skills" and boff "skills" that I hope are next up for thorough *adjustment*. Also torps and mines... those things many people don't bother with or spec for... or equip consoles to boost. And getting rid of tac team shield distribution/fixing manual shield distribution/generally bringing damage into reasonable line so tac team shield distribution doesn't feel/isn't so necessary. And taking the yo-yo out of heal/damage (almost dead-back to full-almost dead-back to full). Yup... I believe that's my short list for tweaks.

But back to the rep tweaks: Thanks devs. ^^
    edited March 2014
    well, no, you dont, cause you have been rude. If anything, you're contradicting yourself now.
    You keep pulling out these philosophy's, but i dont see you practicing them yourself thru your rudeness.
    So, here is a philosophy for you.... Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself :)

Truly if you have felt offended, I will be the first to apologize. I honestly don't remember typing anything that was intended to be offensive. Perhaps a playful jest was misconstrued. In any regard, I am truly sorry. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    That is exactly the issue at hand. Go and read Hawks posts in this thread. They feel there is a major gap between no rep new level 50 players... and players with full rep. The issue they are claiming is that if they make it hard enough for you and I as full rep players to find it challenging. They are in fact making the content harder then new players can abide. On the other hand they believe that if they maintain the current level of difficulty we as full rep players will become bored. Either way they loose customers either old ones or new ones. Neither option is acceptable, right ?

Step back from the thread for a moment and consider the recent history of PvE missions. They released Hive and it was hard for many people. I didn't find it hard, I will bet you didn't either. Having said that it was adjusted more then once because there was a lot of uproar over the difficulty level of that mission. You can also look at all the new missions. It is obvious they are not happy with the current completion times of the old missions. The new missionas are all Timer based missions. Meaning no matter how much DPS you bring if a mission is intended to be 10min of play time that is what it is going to be. They have also added a 60s "briefing" prior to all the newer qued PvE missions. From that I think it is safe to infer that they where unhappy with the pacing of there missions. The design of the newest missiosn doesn't punish anyone for being horrible. :) It also doesn't reward you *with a faster completion) if you are fantastic. I would say that is because they are lost when it comes to mission balancing given the current meta situation.

So we know what they have decided on as a solution. So again... if you have a better idea. This is the place to put it forward.

I saw someone else say this, and i dont see why they cant do it either.
    Being. increasing level difficulty, with a twist.
    Heres my thoughts,
    A new lvl 50 person plays conduit elite for the first time, its easier for them.
    Someone with say tier 1omega, tier 0 all other reps, plays the same stf as the new lvl 50 did, but has a slightly increased difficulty level.
    Another player with tier 2, increased difficulty again
    Another player has tier 5 omega, has the most challenging difficulty.

This nerfing pf reps, is ALL wrong. What i just put, is how it should be done. They do the level difficulty for the storyline missions that way, why cant they do it for endgame content?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, but antonio hasn't been rude... he hasn't called someone a "loser" or anything like that, unlike someone in this thread who shall remain nameless, since I think he knows who he is... *hint hint*

You may disagree with antonio, but name calling, because he has a different opinion than you, craig, is extremely ridiculous. You may have perceived that he's been rude, but from reading some of the exchanges between the two of you, you're the one who's been the rude one.

Maybe you should take time away from the game and clear your head... It might help you out in the long run.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
This discussion has been closed.