Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So the current Event will be extended. Nice

Thinking if this 1 month lock-out bug in october-november that kept hundreds of players from playing the FE or from using one of the sales, and none of those events have been extended..
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has there been any word from Cryptic regarding this outtage at all? or any kind of estimation as to when it iwll be back up? I was just getting into my 8+ level 50 Mirror event for the day, and since this is the only grind several days in a row event that I have brought myself to do I'm feeling a little lost right now.....3 episodes of metalocalypse and It's still down :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    aversa1aversa1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *muses to self*

I wonder how less taxed the systems would be if we sticked to having max 5 toons..............
  • Options
    donbodonbo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Canadian Bacon is the real stuff. We don't add stuff like America. We have really high standards. Just look at our beef.

American Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Danish Bacon...lets just have an international Bacon fest, all kinds of Bacon!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why is it that when the game goes down theres no like free stuff? People pay for this game right? I've put money into this game.. Shouldn't we at least get something cool for being patient? I would be happy with 50,000 fleet marks.

They're under no obligation to compensate for downtime. It says so right in the EULA.

Look at it this way: when the servers are down, they're not making money. Everybody loses.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    ripken8ripken8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Rampage!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're talking about real bacon, not that fake Canadian stuff.

No, we're talking about Cryptic trying to save their own bacon. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014

In North America we commonly eat what is called side bacon, or bacon cut from the side of the pork. In Canada the common cut of preference is bacon taken from the back, commonly referred to as "back bacon." This bacon is more like a slice of ham, and its taken from the "eye of the loin" which is very tender and lean. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, MMMMMMMM!

North American bacon usually has a higher fat content earning it the nickname "streaky bacon" in Europe, because of the design the pork and fat combine to make in its long thin slices.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    d8kota wrote: »
    I watched final frontier on Netflix a bit ago.. watching the part with Bones and is dad made me think of the day i have to face my dad's death bed.. :(

That's the one scene in the entire move that affects me in any way because, well, not to get too maudlin but... been there. Done that.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    d8kota wrote: »
    I watched final frontier on Netflix a bit ago.. watching the part with Bones and is dad made me think of the day i have to face my dad's death bed.. :(

It's always warming to see some true-speak and honest empathy.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    An, you mean Danish Bacon?

If Michelle Obama has it on her 10 Most Wanted Poster of unhealthy foods, then sure! ;)
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    None of this matters anyways, as Star Trak steals everything from Star Wars anyhow....

Such as?

Give us EVERY SINGLE EXAMPLE of Star Trek "stealing stuff" from Star Wars.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey,does anyone know what is up with character transfer? i was really wanting to transfer one more of mine to redshirt and cant seem to figure out how now. :confused:
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    None of this matters anyways, as Star Trak steals everything from Star Wars anyhow....

touche troll
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has there been any word from Cryptic regarding this outtage at all? or any kind of estimation as to when it iwll be back up? I was just getting into my 8+ level 50 Mirror event for the day, and since this is the only grind several days in a row event that I have brought myself to do I'm feeling a little lost right now.....3 episodes of metalocalypse and It's still down :(

I posted a second ago..

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3039013
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ripken8 wrote: »
    Rampage!!!!

Unreal Tournament?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    None of this matters anyways, as Star Wars steals everything from Star Trek anyhow....
    fixed...star trek came out in the 60s and star wars came out in the 80s

who stole from who?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down? So what I am hearing is that I should play something else when I get out of work tonight?

K.
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    In North America we commonly eat what is called side bacon, or bacon cut from the side of the pork. In Canada the common cut of preference is bacon taken from the back, commonly referred to as "back bacon." This bacon is more like a slice of ham, and its taken from the "eye of the loin" which is very tender and lean. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, MMMMMMMM!

North American bacon usually has a higher fat content earning it the nickname "streaky bacon" in Europe, because of the design the pork and fat combine to make in its long thin slices.

who cares its BACON!!!!!!
  • Options
    menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    donbo2 wrote: »
    American Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Danish Bacon...lets just have an international Bacon fest, all kinds of Bacon!

We pick our bacon like we pick our Olympic Hockey teams. Just right!! EH!!
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Such as?

Give us EVERY SINGLE EXAMPLE of Star Trek "stealing stuff" from Star Wars.

Don't feed 'em.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowkain666shadowkain666 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    No. Telling ppl to "Try to be patient, as much as you can." is just patronizing; and doing it in a 'special snowflake' font, no less, itself gives rise to a new form of frustration.

Only to those seeking conflict via stepping into the middle of a conversation that did not involve them for no other reason than to make overtly patronizing remarks. The hypocrisy here is rather staggering, honestly. Furthermore, my comment in no way patronized or offended the user I was speaking to, nor anyone else for that matter. The only person tweaked enough to step on my toes for my being kind was you, and your very first statement was one of deliberate provocation.
    e63e55c36223829a1ca86f1c34decbb41412849597_604x370.jpg
  • Options
    kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    That's the one scene in the entire move that affects me in any way because, well, not to get too maudlin but... been there. Done that.

I watched my Grandpa go at a young age from Lung Cancer I think i was like 7 or 8 when he took his last breath..

I'm not looking forward to watching my Father go..
  • Options
    trekies4evertrekies4ever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014

weh you must be from 'murica
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everytime I post everyone starts talking about bacon..

I bring home the bacon! /squeee
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Instructions for those who don't know.

1 Spray a skillet with a light coating of cooking spray and place it on the stove over medium heat. Let the skillet warm up for 2 to 3 minutes.

2 Place the Canadian bacon into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.

3 Flip the Canadian bacon over using a spatula. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.

4 Remove the Canadian bacon when it appears lightly crispy. The bacon should remain pink--similar to the color of ham--while the edges should be golden brown.

5 Place the Canadian bacon on a paper towel to drain any excess grease. Serve immediately while it is still warm.
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't feed 'em.

Ok, can I shoot him with this then?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X10A_Freedom_Gundam
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
This discussion has been closed.