What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    as ESO has already proven themselves as untrustworthy as Cryptic is, no, no it will not do much at all.
  • Options
    ripken8ripken8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unreal Tournament?

Archer, all though UT is a good reference as well. just ready destroy things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wereleywereley Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    we Pick Our Bacon Like We Pick Our Olympic Hockey Teams. Just Right!! Eh!!

Yea Team Canada!
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Knock yourself out.
  • Options
    suralhatespwesuralhatespwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fixed...star trek came out in the 60s and star wars came out in the 80s

who stole from who?

Lucas started writing Star Wars in the early 70s. The Star Wars (AKA Ep 4: A New Hope) saw theater release in 1977 I believe

Correction aside....I really wanted to get my Mirror run today....Guess that ain't happening. :/
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

I want to do my best to take care of you guys. I'm sitting here waiting for as soon as I get those critical messages updating me on our current status. Then I test it. Then I immediately tell all of ya'll.

These forums? This is something I take very seriously and care about. My responsibility is not to shy away when things get a little crazy. I am your Community Manager.

Glad you can handle crazy because what I want is to know why this happened when there wasn't a patch? I think its a very reasonable question.
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You cancel your sub at the same place you always did. At the Perfect World website when you log into 'my account.' You'll have to relog into the same STO site from Arc that you always had to sign into and then they send you through the same deceptive rigmarole they always did where they first suggest you buy zen and then offer you an alternative billing method, but you'll eventually see the button marked 'cancel subscription.'

I've never understood why game companies insist on do it this way. As though further annoying an already annoyed person will suddenly make them have an epiphany and think, 'wow, I really want to continue to play this game that ticked me off after all.'
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bring home the bacon! /squeee

Really. Does this mean you will get us bacon in game?
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wereley wrote: »
    In North America we commonly eat what is called side bacon, or bacon cut from the side of the pork. In Canada the common cut of preference is bacon taken from the back, commonly referred to as "back bacon." This bacon is more like a slice of ham, and its taken from the "eye of the loin" which is very tender and lean. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, MMMMMMMM!

North American bacon usually has a higher fat content earning it the nickname "streaky bacon" in Europe, because of the design the pork and fat combine to make in its long thin slices.

You forgot fat back.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't sub to STO I am F2P, but...

Are gold members, who paid $13 - $15 for the month, getting compensated?
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everytime I post everyone starts talking about bacon..

I bring home the bacon! /squeee

To break the pattern, I present frogs with weapons:

http://macromeme.com/cat/frog-weapons.jpg
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    don1701ddon1701d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are rebooting some games:

PWE Outage Updates ‏@PWE_Outage 2m
    Champions Online, War of the Immortals, and Fortuna are back online! We'll see you back in-game there, and more games will be up soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ripken8 wrote: »
    Archer, all though UT is a good reference as well. just ready destroy things

Damn it Cyril I'm a spy not a doctor!...my god would a Sci Fi Archer be hilarious...
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Canadian Bacon is the real stuff. We don't add stuff like America. We have really high standards. Just look at our beef.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/polandball/America/gtjuGtg/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Lucas started writing Star Wars in the early 70s. The Star Wars (AKA Ep 4: A New Hope) saw theater release in 1977 I believe

STAR WARS IS STUPID. 'nuff said.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Your demands have been heard. You will receive your just due compensation.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014

A My Little Pony avatar is cool, but if you keep talking about Gundams people will start to think you're weird. ;)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I don't sub to STO I am F2P, but...

Are gold members, who paid $13 - $15 for the month, getting compensated?
    Getting compensated for one full day, 24 hours, down amounts to less then 50 cents.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Time-gating content sucks no mater what.

But, I'll agree that unscheduled down time, that is inherent to all online games, makes time-gated content suck even worse.
  • Options
    menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I think I agree R2D2 lol
  • Options
    ripken8ripken8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Damn it Cyril I'm a spy not a doctor!...my god would a Sci Fi Archer be hilarious...

I think an Archer concept could work in a lot of different ways. cant wait to see what they do with the next 2 seasons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A My Little Pony avatar is cool, but if you keep talking about Gundams people will start to think you're weird. ;)

....and star wars.
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014

STO needs both ponies and Gundam.

Also, so what if I'm a brony? Deal with it!
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oooh, sneaking in that hype for another game, eh? I see what you did there... :P
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Go watch G Gundam. That's all I have to say. There in fact is a horse gundam...piloted by a horse. I really wish I were making this up... I really really really wish I was.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    Really. Does this mean you will get us bacon in game?
    I always find STO's lack of bacon very disturbing.
    What kind of horrible HORRIBLE future would cause the death of bacon?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    menstralchuncksmenstralchuncks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ....and star wars.

And gingers and beiber
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Well said! :cool:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    don1701d wrote: »
    They are rebooting some games:

PWE Outage Updates ‏@PWE_Outage 2m
    Champions Online, War of the Immortals, and Fortuna are back online! We'll see you back in-game there, and more games will be up soon.

HA! Just when I started my 2Gig patch for Tribble. Knew I should have done that 6 hours ago.
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Go watch G Gundam. That's all I have to say. There in fact is a horse gundam...piloted by a horse. I really wish I were making this up... I really really really wish I was.

G-Gundam is too over-the-top for me to consider it to be a "true" Gundam series.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
This discussion has been closed.