test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #56: Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    Is that all we can expect from this game? Every two months another dumb Grindevent you have to replay over and over again?

I don't want to sound mean but you can leave anytime you want if your not happy with the game, mate. I'm sure that they are working on new episodes and new content, their just trying to keep us occupied until then.

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, it has. There was another Crystalline Entity event between the end of the Summer Event and the start of Season 8.

Oh yes, you're right, my bad.

Imagine if you'd only been able to play CE/CEE on two two-week occasions since April last year. Do you how much that would suck? It would suck a factor of many sucks, I can tell you.
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound mean but you can leave anytime you want if your not happy with the game, mate.

Yes. Because telling people to suck it up or leave is a great attitude towards improving this game.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Keep the instance after special event.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was excited...until I read that only lvl 50 players can do it.

I guess I can forget starting a new character to play this game even longer by leveling up faster. Hope Cryptic enjoys less players in their game!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, it has. There was another Crystalline Entity event between the end of the Summer Event and the start of Season 8.

I think they ran it during the lead up TO Season 8, when it was initially delayed (I think to get Michael Dorn to do Worf's lines)

This might be the case here, that this is the lead up to Season 9
  • kemra1kemra1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh nice! Another mirror event, missed the old one heaps, can't wait to try this one out!
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is the last thing we needed to see in order to get a total value judgement on the loss of daily events. With regards to XP, it's a disaster, every day people could make hundreds of thousands in XP thanks to the old mirror event, now you have a whole weekend once every few months where double digit xp rewards get doubled. The worst loss here isn't for those power leveling, leveling was already easy enough, it's fulfilling the ridiculous XP requirements of rep grinding and rep items. Iv'e had characters go through the entire story, do doff missions, STF's, and only had enough XP leftover to get about 6 Omega pieces of gear. This is before any other reputation systems had begun.

Hakeev is pretty funny, but he sounds like a terrible DOFF though, there are already two astrometric purples free from the nebulas, and 3 KM passives do jack all.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad that Invasion is back.
    Love all those rewards.
    Hope event stays forever.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ak255 wrote: »
    I was excited...until I read that only lvl 50 players can do it.

I guess I can forget starting a new character to play this game even longer by leveling up faster. Hope Cryptic enjoys less players in their game!

Question from the peanut gallery: WHY?

Let me tell you something, back when we were doing the 2-hour Q-given XP Boosts, I tried to use it to level up a character fast. I think I only got in a level or two per hour. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, but it was pretty much a bust for me. I got to level 50 faster doing... oh, I dunno... the actual storyline?

So, what was so great about it?
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad that Invasion is back.
    Love all those rewards.
    Hope event stays forever.
    Mirror event is only around for three weeks.

Who knows when it will be back? One year? Six months? Etc...
    edited March 2014
    Question from the peanut gallery: WHY?

Let me tell you something, back when we were doing the 2-hour Q-given XP Boosts, I tried to use it to level up a character fast. I think I only got in a level or two per round. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, but it was pretty much a bust for me. I got to level 50 faster doing... oh, I dunno... the actual storyline?

So, what was so great about it?

At higher levels (at least on the Fed side) just doing the levels doesn't neccessarily get you to the next level. Even for those levelling using the storyline, MU used to be great as a stop-gap for when the mission rewards weren't enough to unlock the next mission.
    edited March 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    At higher levels (at least on the Fed side) just doing the levels doesn't neccessarily get you to the next level. Even for those levelling using the storyline, MU used to be great as a stop-gap for when the mission rewards weren't enough to unlock the next mission.
    I absolutely agree.
    edited March 2014
    Yes. Because telling people to suck it up or leave is a great attitude towards improving this game.[/QUOTE]
    This game is fine for me. If you think it needs "Improving" you can share your thoughts with Cryptic on the forums instead of just talking bad about the game. :) Don't hate, participate.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also.....is it me or is this yet another time gated event where there aren't enough saturdays and sundays to get the reward?

Thus TRIBBLE weekend players over, just like the grindaversary.
    edited March 2014
    Yes. Because telling people to suck it up or leave is a great attitude towards improving the game.

This game is fine for me. If you think it needs "Improving" you can share your thoughts with Cryptic on the forums instead of just talking bad about the game. :) Don't hate, participate. Sorry this went in twice web browser broke down.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    The model for events now will be limited time/higher reward. The goal is to create user spikes and higher resultant revenues from Zen purchases.

The business model does work, showing measurable increases for base revenue and increases in active users.

I for one will miss the leveling opportunities for new characters with the mirror incursion event. This doesn't mean it wont return in some form or another, but the way people play is seasonal - or specifically - event driven.

Besides - Galactic Civilizations 3 is only a few months away from beta.
    edited March 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    This game is fine for me. If you think it needs "Improving" you can share your thoughts with Cryptic on the forums instead of just talking bad about the game. :) Don't hate, participate.

Hey look, a post!

And these are the forums.
  • michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yay another time gated grind "content".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sooo... Mirror Universe Lockbox with a Mirror Odyssey, Mirror Bortasqu', and Mirror Scimitar when?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although this is nice. Why do we not have much MU content in STO other than ships and Z-Store outfits? When can we actually expect some space and ground MU missions to permanently appear in game. I would really like to see an MU based feature episode series as I find these grinds absolutely boring and they just make me want to play less.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror Hakeev? That's hilarious.

But could we have some more mirror stuff though? Mirror Odyssey Uniforms Plox.
    edited March 2014
    Do you know what? I am tired about complaining. "Star Trek: Online" doesn't even resemble anything like a game.

"Star Trek: Online" is about repetitious mission play throughs, long and painful grinds, endless timegates, and tiny-tiny-tiny rewards.

When the heck did gaming go insanely wrong?

Where the hell did the fun go?

While I am all for having people paying for c-store items, as I have did over the last few weeks, I also want the developer to work for my money. After seeing how this new system works, I just cannot keep opening my wallet. I do not like the product in which I am seeing.

Something seriously has to change. I will give Cryptic a chance to change course; however, I am no longer going to let them jerk me around.

Please bring back the fun. Please.
    edited March 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Hey look, a post!

And these are the forums.

I think they should keep the event I agree with you there. I'm sorry if I sounded mean. And WOW these are the forums?

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Do you know what? I am tired about complaining. "Star Trek: Online" doesn't even resemble anything like a game.

"Star Trek: Online" is about repetitious actions, long and painful grinds, endless timegates, and tiny-tiny-tiny rewards.

When the heck did gaming go insanely wrong?

Where the hell did the fun go?

While I all for having people paying for c-store items, as I have did over the last few weeks, I also want the developer to work for my money. After seeing how this new system works, I just cannot keep opening my wallet. I do not like the product in which I am seeing.

Something seriously has to change. I will give Cryptic a chance to change course; however, I am no longer will to let them jerk me around.

Bring back the fun.

Can I has ur stuff?

:D

Yes, the grind is annoying. Yes, the timegating sucks. Fortunately, if you decide that you're done, Star Citizen should be out soon.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Om nom nom pvper tears.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My biggest concern about this is actually that it will conflict with the Foundry weekend, which I do NOT want to miss. Reputation marks for running Foundry missions is the best idea I've seen since Season 8.5 launched, and I don't want to miss it.
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Can I has ur stuff?

:D
    You do not read well, do you?
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yes, the grind is annoying. Yes, the timegating sucks. Fortunately, if you decide that you're done, Star Citizen should be out soon.
    "Star Citizen" is not my type of game. Thanks for the suggestion. I do like your overall thinking.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Impressive!

Only thing I DON'T like about it is that it's a limited-time event.

I get the feeling we're only going to see more of these....
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    You do not read well, do you?

"Star Citizen" is not my type of game. Thanks for the suggestion. I do like your overall thinking.

Your bad, if I had a PC at my regular disposal right now, I'd be so gone when star citizen launches...
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, i have hungry small fleet project mouths to feed, so this sort of thing is a must for me to do.

However, while I'll be sitting at my computer for a long time running this on 15 toons, I'll not be spending any zen until someone at Cryptic figures out how to vary the grinding pace properly instead of having it stuck in 'gofaster' gear and 'goevenfaster' gear.