test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings! 07
    So I asked reddit if builds were essential to this game and someone sent me this way telling me that you guys were friendly and played the game like the shows. I've recently started over fresh but I'm gonna keep grinding, but is this the place to be when i want to group up and play startrek for fun?

Thanks for answers in advance.

Thank you for your interest in STB.

Well I'd like to say we have a pretty good group of Captains in STB that are like minded and like to just play for fun and make our ships look canon for the sake of trying to make it look like the shows.

We do a lot of things together when we can and when some are available but all one need do is ask to get something going in chat.

During events we of course help each other out which makes the events much easier to bare.

We also just sometimes chat for the sake of chatting... also a lot of helpful Captains who will answer any question you may have when it comes to builds.

We also have parsers but that info is more used to gauge how one is doing but not meant to shame anyone as DPS does NOT matter in STB. How that translates into missions is either we bpass by the hair of our chin or fail but either way we all treat it like a game.

Hopefully this answers your questions but if you have more please feel free to contact me in game or reply here.

My handle is @trizeo1

Thanks and look forward to meeting you.
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for the context and leading them here jarvisandalfred! :)
    So I asked reddit if builds were essential to this game and someone sent me this way telling me that you guys were friendly and played the game like the shows. I've recently started over fresh but I'm gonna keep grinding, but is this the place to be when i want to group up and play startrek for fun?

Thanks for answers in advance.

First: We are an open channel now, so all you have to do is type the following into your chatbox:

/channel_join Star Trek Battles

If you have any problems joining contact me ingame @tyrinius or any of the other channel admins mentioned in the first post.

You already got some great answers about how important builds are over at reddit, so I won't go into detail on that here. Just know that you can get to a pretty high damage output with canon loadouts. We are always glad to help with builds and piloting advice in the channel.

We usually beat advanced content with our groups easily. And if we fail... we can still enjoy a coordinated warpout :D

I'm sure we can patch you up to do advanced queues in your favorite ship with a canon looking loadout in no time. Or help you level up if you're below level 50.

Before Delta Rising we did a lot of low tier runs. Taking Mirandas and Constitution Refits into the old ISE and such. The frequent special events (play this!) kinda killed that, but I hope we get back to that stuff soon.
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Summary

Star Trek Battles is catered towards bringing some show accuracy (x2 maybe x3) into STO. I touch on this in my original thread but what I mean by accuracy is in the show you DO NOT see a ship like the Defiant take on a Cube solo rather it takes a whole team of ships working together bring down the Cube. You also DO not see ships park n' shoot, they fly around in circles going in and out... see clip in my original thread for basic idea. (Still a classic IMO). Here are some of the ideas I have to achieve this.

Is this still active guys!? If it is, I'd love to join you! This seems like an AWESOME idea

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
    edited April 2015
    It definitely is! :)
    To join leave your ingame @handle here and someone will send you a channel invite. Or see my post above:
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    [...]We are an open channel now, so all you have to do is type the following into your chatbox:

/channel_join Star Trek Battles

If you have any problems joining contact me ingame @tyrinius or any of the other channel admins mentioned in the first post. [...]
  • jeffometerjeffometer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This sounds amazing and exactly what i'm looking for! I'm @Argolisk in game, and i'll be trying to get a hold of you guys!
    edited April 2015
    Looking forward to flying with you! I see you already joined the channel :)
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whoo... glad to see we're still attracting players yah? Anyways. I'll be on shortly, I have tonight off so yeah. GAME NIGHT! XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What's the going policy on fleet and rep gear? The last time I dropped by STB was well before the DR expansion and the preferred kit was nothing above MkXI rare and a few VR pieces, and no rep/fleet gear (ships themselves notwithstanding).
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
    edited April 2015
    Fleet and Rep gear is fine. We lifted the DPS cap with Delta Rising as we currently don't need to gimp ourselves anymore for advanced and elite content to be somewhat of a challenge. So use what you want :)

The "only faction weapons" rule is still in place of course. So no green phasers or photons, no purple quantums, no kinetic cutting beam etc.
    edited April 2015
    Captains 07
    Whoo... glad to see we're still attracting players yah? Anyways. I'll be on shortly, I have tonight off so yeah. GAME NIGHT! XD

Will!

I am ALWAYS happy when there is interest from peeps wanting to try out STB.

Just means more chance of FULL Galaxy wing runs! HAHA... well... IF they have the ol' Gal :D
    starblade7 wrote: »
    What's the going policy on fleet and rep gear? The last time I dropped by STB was well before the DR expansion and the preferred kit was nothing above MkXI rare and a few VR pieces, and no rep/fleet gear (ships themselves notwithstanding).

Greetings Captain,

Fleet and Rep gear like weapons, shields etc. was always allowed even before DR. The 2 major points were...

1 - Keep it Canon... meaning using race specific weapons to make it look like ST so as Setek mentioned already for example NO borg cutting beam but on Feds use phasers, quantum & photons.

2 - Don't melt things.. the rule of keeping the average dps around 5 - 7k as to NOT blast thru the stfs and such.

With DR the DPS cap has been lifted but still needs tweaking here and there but overall it's always and always will be about having fun the ST way.

If you had any questions please feel free to bring it up in chat as we have a GREAT group of Captains in STB.
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    Fleet and Rep gear is fine. We lifted the DPS cap with Delta Rising as we currently don't need to gimp ourselves anymore for advanced and elite content to be somewhat of a challenge. So use what you want :)

The "only faction weapons" rule is still in place of course. So no green phasers or photons, no purple quantums, no kinetic cutting beam etc.

Setek!

Thanks for answering his question there... much appreciated.

I wanted to also just put out there something...

Since the Delta Recruit event most if not all decided to start a new toon including myself.

So for the past 2 weeks I myself have been levelling up my new toon which hasn't left much for pew pew in stf's and such. there were a couple of nights there we got a group together but like I mentioned most are levelling up their new toon.

I got mine up to 57 last night and am just about to start the Delta arc which I'm hoping to get him near or at 60 to take advantage of the XP being given out. Though with the server goal being reached it seems we're going to have bonus XP for next week as well.

If anyone wanted to get something going just ask in chat and see who can spare a mission or 2. Feel free to take a break from levelling to pew pew some Borg :D

I have only the 1 recruit and really don't plan on doing anymore as I thought 4 was a lot for me now I have 5 with the 5th growing on me so it I'll be working on him as well.

This is also an invitation to anyone out there who wants to try STB out... we are a friendly bunch that are comitted to having a good time when we play STO .. and when we can get a group together :)

I'll leave it at that... TC and Have Fun Captains 07
    edited April 2015
    Greetings Captains 07

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of those who helped me get my Delta Recruit to 60.

Was able to get him there last night... didn't think I was going to get him there without the XP bonus but I have been getting him thru the story missions and the double XP week REALLY helped.

Shout out to Captain Maricus for doing the majority of the story missions during the early stages... especially doing some of the story misssions that he already did. Also to Dys for doing the last lil bit to push me over to 60.

I didn't think I would make another toon but with the rewards it was a good push for me to try out a Sci toon. Which I am having fun and did have fun levelling him up there.

I also did like the whole server goal thing.. felt really good progressing as a group of players. I would like to see something like that again in even after the DR event.

I know most if not all is busy with their thing but please feel free to ask for any runs... I should be more free to join or even start some now with the newb being 60 and as I'm putting him thru the rep grind so he will need various marks.

With S10 coming tomorrow I again look forward to going thru the new content and missions with all of you as time permits.

Always keep in mind that it's a game and it's all about having fun!

TC Captains! 07
  • tome85tome85 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I congratulate you on making Fleet Admiral on your new Delta Captain...

You can count on more support from Captain Maricus in the future because he is also in need of materials to ground those reputations. ;)

I am glad that we got new Captains to join our channel and are very active when it comes to doing pew pew together and have some fun the Star Trek way :D
    My daily grind is STAR TREK BATTLES channel - NO HIGH DPS WANTED

tumblr_mtvjgwae6F1rzu2xzo4_r1_400.gif
    edited April 2015
    Today I managed to officially get back into the 30k DPS Channel (they wiped the League after the Plasma-Doping was changed so everyone needed to submit a new parse, except they forgot me :D).
    Of course it was in a STB Ship. And not my old FHEC of doom some of you know (this hit 38k back then).

No, it was in the much more iconic Galaxy Class! The Fleet T6 one. After already hitting 30k with the T5U some time ago this new beast hit a whopping 36k!
    It wasn't an incredibly unusual group either, with one captain at 30k, two at almost 15k, and one at above 4k.

I post this here mainly for bragging ( :D ) but also to show that we can DEFINITELY beat even elite content with optimized ships. If the Galaxy hits 36k in STB loadouts imagine what dedicated Tactical Ships can dish out.

Here's the link to the build I used in that run:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=canonft6galaxy_6112

And here I asked for advice on how to improve it plus some of my thoughts about the build:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/345ax2/dps_optimized_canon_t6_fleet_galaxy/

I'm so happy to be in this channel. Having so much fun!
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Curious as to why you went with the Nukara 2 piece on this?
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
    edited April 2015
    I went with Nukara for the 2-piece Bonus: +2,5% All Energy Damage, automatically removes weapon disabled conditions after 3 sec

So it adds a bit of damage. If I feel I'll need more survivability this will be replaced with the Borg Shield and Engines for auto-heals.
  • caldfyrcaldfyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I command a phaser/photon Intrepid healboat and would love to fly with you guys!
    edited May 2015
    Greetings Captain 07
    caldfyr wrote: »
    I command a phaser/photon Intrepid healboat and would love to fly with you guys!

We would LOVE to have you.. the more the merrier :D

Just need your @handle and I or one of the admins can send you an invite.

Hope to see you in game!

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Greetings Captain 07

We would LOVE to have you.. the more the merrier :D

Just need your @handle and I or one of the admins can send you an invite.

Hope to see you in game!

Samuel@kronos1996

I fly an exorbitant amount of lockbox ships and I think I'll enjoy role playing in them! 😊

Some things are rather confusing though, Xindi ships use a variety of weapon types on the show and in game so I suppose any Phaser or Plasma weapon is technically canon.

Is color the most important thing? Because most weapon types come in multiple colors now... My Vaadwaur Polaron weapons look more Canon on my Jem'Hadar ships then the purple Normal Polarons do...

One more thing, I know Intel ships are technically faction specific but they just 'feel' like they should use Antiproton, this has nothing to do with min/maxing either. Their futuristic appearance just meshes with Antiprotons futuristic appearance. Anyways I'm just not sure.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm wondering your opinions on loadouts for the new Pilot ships.

Currently I'm using 2 DHC's, a Wide-Angle-Q-Torp, Gravimetric Photon, and Quad cannons fore, with a turret and a torp rear.

How should I adjust it to make it more Canon like, and less Cannon like.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm wondering your opinions on loadouts for the new Pilot ships.

Currently I'm using 2 DHC's, a Wide-Angle-Q-Torp, Gravimetric Photon, and Quad cannons fore, with a turret and a torp rear.

How should I adjust it to make it more Canon like, and less Cannon like.

*facepalm*

I feel like you wrote that entire post just for the pun at the end.
    edited May 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    *facepalm*

I feel like you wrote that entire post just for the pun at the end.

No, it more sort of came to me in the 5 seconds between finishing the second sentence and pressing post.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I am considering doing an STB-style build with my fed DR... and not being too experienced with using phasers at endgame levels (aside from 'temporary' builds using the Accx3 single beams I picked up from some early Delta Quadrant mission runs, which I have not tried to streamline)... figured you guys would be the experts on a question like this.

Are there any reputation items that specifically give bonuses to phasers?

(I know the CC Deflector gives some to all weapons, but I mean specific to phasers, like how some of the Romulan rep stuff does for plasma.)
    I think the Undine rep space set does.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Jem'Hadar Impulse engines give a flat boost to weapon power also. And yes the Undine Rep Deflector does to weapons.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Captain Renunee Pahr of the U.S.S. Astraea happily able to report for duty. Aux phasers are good to go, right?

Captain Kynda of the I.K.S. Starseeker is also available for KDF battle nights, which if we don't have we really should.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    edited May 2015
    Captain Renunee Pahr of the U.S.S. Astraea happily able to report for duty. Aux phasers are good to go, right?

Captain Kynda of the I.K.S. Starseeker is also available for KDF battle nights, which if we don't have we really should.

As long as the Aux phasers look like normal phasers, they should be fine, and in regards to KDF, we don't really have battle nights, but we do have KDF runs.

• tars111tars111 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Are there any reputation items that specifically give bonuses to phasers?

(I know the CC Deflector gives some to all weapons, but I mean specific to phasers, like how some of the Romulan rep stuff does for plasma.)

I researched this a LOT and tried it out the last few weeks, so I can give some input:

The Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay that you can get for free (a mission reward from "Surface Tension") is a great way to boost phaser, disruptor, radiation and and photon torpedo damage if you don't have the resources yet to invest in Vulnerability Locators from your Fleet Spire with the [+Pha] modifier. Currently it boosts phaser and disruptors by 13.1%, which in testing I found that it was a bigger increase in DPS than a blue Mk XII Phaser Relay. I determined that the reason it gives a higher damage boost despite being a lower percentage on the tooltip is because the CC relay starts calculating its damage AFTER a number of other modifiers are taken into account. A Phaser Relay adds the damage % to the base damage of the phaser without any mods. Of course, you can only have one equipped, so the rest of your tac consoles would have to be Phaser Relays or Vulnerability Locators (VL being best, obviously).

For an even stronger effect--and if you are lacking in good universal consoles and have a spot to spare--equip the Hydrodynamics Compensator from the CC reputation system WITH the CC energy relay from above. It boosts your phaser and disruptor damage an additional 7.5%. It's quite a substantial difference, I found, and I ran it until recently when I had to make room for some other consoles I recently acquired.

The Hydrodynamics Compensator is a decent console by itself too, since it boosts your engine an auxiliary power levels, increases turn rate and accuracy. It can be a good use of a slot if you find yourself hurting for useful consoles to fill up space on your ship.

Good luck!
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hei guys, i joined the channel yesterday night, i hope it will be fun as described in this thread :) Right now i'm setting up a space eng pve toon on a classic t5 excelsior with phaser beams and quantum torps, lvl53, no reps, no spec points, just mk xi blue equip so far :P and looking forward for a good isa run with you guys.
    Cya!
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As long as the Aux phasers look like normal phasers, they should be fine, and in regards to KDF, we don't really have battle nights, but we do have KDF runs.

Excellent. I think all my phaser, quantum, and photon fire looks good. The Vesta's a fun little boat, we'll have some good times together. :D
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    tars111 wrote: »
    I researched this a LOT and tried it out the last few weeks, so I can give some input:

The Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay that you can get for free (a mission reward from "Surface Tension") is a great way to boost phaser, disruptor, radiation and and photon torpedo damage if you don't have the resources yet to invest in Vulnerability Locators from your Fleet Spire with the [+Pha] modifier. Currently it boosts phaser and disruptors by 13.1%, which in testing I found that it was a bigger increase in DPS than a blue Mk XII Phaser Relay. I determined that the reason it gives a higher damage boost despite being a lower percentage on the tooltip is because the CC relay starts calculating its damage AFTER a number of other modifiers are taken into account. A Phaser Relay adds the damage % to the base damage of the phaser without any mods. Of course, you can only have one equipped, so the rest of your tac consoles would have to be Phaser Relays or Vulnerability Locators (VL being best, obviously).

For an even stronger effect--and if you are lacking in good universal consoles and have a spot to spare--equip the Hydrodynamics Compensator from the CC reputation system WITH the CC energy relay from above. It boosts your phaser and disruptor damage an additional 7.5%. It's quite a substantial difference, I found, and I ran it until recently when I had to make room for some other consoles I recently acquired.

The Hydrodynamics Compensator is a decent console by itself too, since it boosts your engine an auxiliary power levels, increases turn rate and accuracy. It can be a good use of a slot if you find yourself hurting for useful consoles to fill up space on your ship.

Good luck!

I just want to pop in and correct some things here:

This is nearly entirely correct, but the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit relay is just a normal tactical console that grants 13.1% bonus damage to phasers or disruptors. It is a cat 1 bonus, and works off the base weapon damage, same as other tactical consoles, weapon mods, weapon mark, skill points, and more things. This means that as a standalone, I wouldn't use the console.

The 2-set - the 7.5% bonus phaser damage - is in fact on a different level, and multiplies the sum of the effects of weapon mods, weapon mark, tactical consoles, skill points, and a few other things. This makes running the 2-set generally worth using the console.

Source: Here, and I just verified the console's state in-game.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
    edited May 2015
    Sorry for not having been on much lately (other then the 1.5 runs Monday), but a Saturday I came down with a virus, and yesterday (19th) was my birthday. Anyway, I'm nearing 60 on my main, only 1.5 levels to go!