test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to my Romulans brethren

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting side note. Just did the Fed mission into the Hobus system where you are given permission by the RSE to do a scientific survey, and are greeted by Reman warships still operating under the banner of the Empire. Admittedly they were doing some questionable mining and were likely aiding Obisek but the point is there are, rather shockingly, Remans still operating with/for the Corrupted husk of our once glorious Empire.

edit:
    The exact wording of the mission text used the phrase "Romulan Government" but this mission also predates LoR I believe. So there is some wiggle room for interpretation.

Those Remans are working for Taris, who I'm guessing they see as the legitimate ruler of the RSE, even though she was effectively kicked out by Sela. From what i can tell, the Reman resistance originally worked for her before joining D'tan. What are they doing in the Hobus system? Probably trying to find proof that Hakeev is connected to the destruction of Romulus and Remus, so that she can become leader again. As you'll later note, as a Fed you capture Taris, thus leaving the Reman resistance leaderless. That's where Obisek comes in, he takes over the resistance in the Reman FE arc, and then later joins with D'tan.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    What are they doing in the Hobus system?
    From the evidence given in mission it looksmore like they're trying to mine the materials that caused the supernova in the first place... Given their willingness to use thalaron weapons, we can guess why they'd want a *cough*trademark infringement*cough* Nova Bomb
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited February 2014
    From the evidence given in mission it looksmore like they're trying to mine the materials that caused the supernova in the first place... Given their willingness to use thalaron weapons, we can guess why they'd want a *cough*trademark infringement*cough* Nova Bomb

Could be, but since they have thalaron weapons, it kind of makes it pointless. If I recall, the minerals that they appeared to be mining weren't what caused the supernova (but the supernova itself was still artificial), but what caused it to... I think they said it traveled through subspace, which is what caught the Romulans off guard, and unable to evacuate.
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Could be, but since they have thalaron weapons, it kind of makes it pointless. If I recall, the minerals that they appeared to be mining weren't what caused the supernova (but the supernova itself was still artificial), but what caused it to... I think they said it traveled through subspace, which is what caught the Romulans off guard, and unable to evacuate.

Except wasn't there an episode of DS9 where those same materials in a small amount were going to be dropped into Bajor's sun so it would wipe out most of the defender fleets?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Except wasn't there an episode of DS9 where those same materials in a small amount were going to be dropped into Bajor's sun so it would wipe out most of the defender fleets?

No, there wasn't. The DS9 series takes place some years prior to the Hobus supernova ...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    also.... the bomb the Dominion used was designed using a mix of Protomatter and Trilithium.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As a Reman in the republic,
    Shall a Tal shiar ship appear in republic space, they will be fired upon. No quarter given.

Never again will the Reman knee bend to the empire.

As a Romulan in the republic, I stand beside you, my Reman brother. Long live the republic of free Romulan and free Reman!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Draomn mnekha and Jolan Tru

Sub Admiral Faora reporting to the Empire. I, for one, would like to see the Empire restored to it's full glory with no need to be a liaison to either of the Klingons or Federation fleet. Our legacy should be our own.
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • jazonshay1983jazonshay1983 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    As a Romulan in the republic, I stand beside you, my Reman brother. Long live the republic of free Romulan and free Reman!

CM

Sub Admiral Faora reporting to the Empire. I, for one, would like to see the Empire restored to it's full glory with no need to be a liaison to either of the Klingons or Federation fleet. Our legacy should be our own.

So let's stand side by side to restore our strength and make us independent of our "allies" who drive a wedge between our own people to uphold the status quo of their two dominating factions.

We can achieve this through diplomatic channels, but where diplomacy doesn't work anymore, we have to prove that we don't accept a "no" or softly spoken brainwashing.

(Seriously, we mustn't let rest our demand for a true Romulan-Reman Republic faction. I for one am not satisfied with the Romulan-Federation-KDF "Republic" and when we stop to demand making us a true third faction, we will stay like this forever. And when we dont't say what we want anymore, they might think we finally are resigned to our Federation and KDF slavery.)
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    No, there wasn't. The DS9 series takes place some years prior to the Hobus supernova ...

No I mean seriously the two parter where Garak and Worf are captured and the dominion joins forces with the Cardassians. The changling disguised as Bashir had a runabout loaded with protomatter and the other two elements to drop into Bajor's sun to wipe out the combined Federation, Klingon, and Romulan fleet. Kira and Dax did an in system warp to catch him and throw the runabout away.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    edited February 2014

Id have to jump back into that mission to be 100% sure but Im pretty sure your BOFF pops up to tell you that those 3 items would cause the supernova. The bit about how it goes through subspace isnt ever clarified.
    edited February 2014

The Romulan Star Empire is dead. Long live the New Romulan Republic!

I want a full Romulan faction as much as anyone, but I do not want to exchange mere alliance with Feds and Klingons for actual slavery to the Tal'Shiar, nor kowtowing to the insane and incompetent Sela.
    edited February 2014
    Id have to jump back into that mission to be 100% sure but Im pretty sure your BOFF pops up to tell you that those 3 items would cause the supernova. The bit about how it goes through subspace isnt ever clarified.

Ok, my mistake. It's been a while since I've played the missions, so details sort of get jumbled together.
    edited February 2014
    The Romulan Star Empire is dead. Long live the New Romulan Republic!

I want a full Romulan faction as much as anyone, but I do not want to exchange mere alliance with Feds and Klingons for actual slavery to the Tal'Shiar, nor kowtowing to the insane and incompetent Sela.

^^
    This all the way!

No more restriction through the Federation and Klingon Empire to keep us small and meaningless!

No to tyranny from inside through the Tal'Shiar and Sela!

Yes to a strong and independent Republic of free Rmomulans and Remans!

Let us break free from old demons (Tal'Shiar) and our current chains (FED + KDF allience system) !

Long live the Romulan and Reman Republic!
    edited February 2014
    If not an Empire then a Republic for the Romulans and Remans by Romulans and Remans.

Imagine a Republic come back from the ashes so strong that the Tal Shiar dare not to show it's face again.

Our ancestors left Vulcan so we can be ourselves without chains yet chained we shall be if the Federation and Klingons have their way, and what of our culture and heritage? The Federation already outlaws the drink of our Ale!

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
    edited February 2014
    Our ancestors left Vulcan so we can be ourselves without chains

Exactly this. I'm very pleased that more of us are waking up to the ideal for which our ancestors departed from Vulcan, the ideal of freedom and self-determination, the ideal of sovereignty as opposed to servility, the ideal of being true to oneself instead of feigning conformity to the arbitrary dictates of an external authority due to fear of unpleasant consequences imposed by those who hate freedom.

Ahr'lleiset na mnhei'sahe hachaen lamne'elh s'Rihan. Never forget it.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What new madness is this? The honorless P'taq known as the Tal Shiar shall appear above Mol' Rihan in five days? To resurrect a rotting corpse? Which only knows how to injure and hurt itself and those it was supposed to be protecting?

In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar are the ones who murdered Romulus.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar have been very busy feeding their own people to the Elachi.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar are the reason all of us, Empire and Republic and Federation as well, now face the threat from the Iconians.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar can only strike from the shadows. After a warrior has turned his back to them. And only when they outnumber him as well. When faced in the light, they can only snarl impotently and desperately try to run away to hide again

It is past time this group of craven, back-stabbing, double-dealing, cowardly mitlhU' wI' were given what they deserve. The House of Jev shall send warriors to Mol' Rihan in five days' time. To assist D'Tan and Obisek in defending it. As First Son of my House, I call upon the other Houses of the Empire to join me in this...pest removal. Indeed, the Tal Shiar are almost as effective as tribbles in combat. And usually about as useful.

We shall use their bones to feed the targs. On second thought, no. We would be poisoning the targs if we did such.

Five day's from now will be a very good day for the followers of Sela and Hakeev to die. All of them.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Imperial representative here.
    I would like to remind that destruction of Romulus was an incident and Elachi are consuming only non romulans.
    Exactly this. I'm very pleased that more of us are waking up to the ideal for which our ancestors departed from Vulcan, the ideal of freedom and self-determination, the ideal of sovereignty as opposed to servility, the ideal of being true to oneself instead of feigning conformity to the arbitrary dictates of an external authority due to fear of unpleasant consequences imposed by those who hate freedom.

Ahr'lleiset na mnhei'sahe hachaen lamne'elh s'Rihan. Never forget it.
    Freedom one of the most meaningless and useless things ever. Serves as an excuse for those that are empty. If everyone would have freedom, it would be chaos.

A true leader-monarch shall bring prosper. That is what Star Empire needs now the most.
    We got to wash Sela's dishonour of ourselves and work on Empire becoming better.

Regarding the Republic, I think we could leave it alone. Republican Tau Deva space is irrelevant and I doubt it was ever a part of Imperial space so those non romulans can stay there and do what they want, Empire has enough of problems to deal with right now.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    I would like to remind that destruction of Romulus was an incident and Elachi are consuming only non romulans.

Freedom one of the most meaningless and useless things ever. Serves as an excuse for those that are empty. If everyone would have freedom, it would be chaos.

A true leader-monarch shall bring prosper. That is what Star Empire needs now the most.
    We got to wash Sela's dishonour of ourselves and work on Empire becoming better.

Regarding the Republic, I think we could leave it alone. Republican Tau Deva space is irrelevant and I doubt it was ever a part of Imperial space so those non romulans can stay there and do what they want, Empire has enough of problems to deal with right now.
    *shows data recordings of the inside of the Elachi base* Or do you consider only those who follow the Tal'Shiar to be Romulans?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2014
    What new madness is this? The honorless P'taq known as the Tal Shiar shall appear above Mol' Rihan in five days? To resurrect a rotting corpse? Which only knows how to injure and hurt itself and those it was supposed to be protecting?

In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar are the ones who murdered Romulus.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar have been very busy feeding their own people to the Elachi.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar are the reason all of us, Empire and Republic and Federation as well, now face the threat from the Iconians.
    In case any have forgotten, the Tal Shiar can only strike from the shadows. After a warrior has turned his back to them. And only when they outnumber him as well. When faced in the light, they can only snarl impotently and desperately try to run away to hide again

It is past time this group of craven, back-stabbing, double-dealing, cowardly mitlhU' wI' were given what they deserve. The House of Jev shall send warriors to Mol' Rihan in five days' time. To assist D'Tan and Obisek in defending it. As First Son of my House, I call upon the other Houses of the Empire to join me in this...pest removal. Indeed, the Tal Shiar are almost as effective as tribbles in combat. And usually about as useful.

We shall use their bones to feed the targs. On second thought, no. We would be poisoning the targs if we did such.

Five day's from now will be a very good day for the followers of Sela and Hakeev to die. All of them.

The Tal'Shiar are the demons of the old Romulan Empire. No Tal'Shiar is a member of the Republic of free Romulans and Remans.
    They are outlaws and not protected by any citizen of the Romulan Republic.
    Whenever a member of the Tal'Shiar is shot, it is a good done for the whole Alpha Quadrant, since the Tal'Shiar are enemies of the Klingon Defense Force, the United Federation Of Planets and most of all the Romulan and Reman Republic.

What we, the Romulan Republic, demand is
    - to be independent of the two other big factions in the Alpha Quadrant.
    - to be able to preserve our strength with OUR OWN starbases and holdings
    - that neither the Federation nor the KDF intervenes in Roumulan matters.

We do not want a war on two frontlines against the FED and KDF unless we are forced to fight this war. We do not care about the (cold) war going on between the FED and KDF.

We want a free, independent and Romulan and Reman led Republic without serving FED and KDF and our citizens being killed in their combats against each other! Our diplomatic channels are open to all factions in the Alpha Quadrant, but we are NOT soldiers fighting for other goals than our own.

Long live the Romulan Republic!
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *shows data recordings of the inside of the Elachi base* Or do you consider only those who follow the Tal'Shiar to be Romulans?

No, I consider romulans those who have not forgotten what loyalty is. Those that are citizens of Star Empire and refuse to participate in chaos and acts of terrorism which Republic does in our space. There were no Star Empire's citizens in the elachi base. Tal Shiar did too many mistakes and activity of this agency has to be judged.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If not an Empire then a Republic for the Romulans and Remans by Romulans and Remans.

Imagine a Republic come back from the ashes so strong that the Tal Shiar dare not to show it's face again.

Our ancestors left Vulcan so we can be ourselves without chains yet chained we shall be if the Federation and Klingons have their way, and what of our culture and heritage? The Federation already outlaws the drink of our Ale!

After careful consideration I have to admit that you made me change my mind. Long live the Romulan and Reman Republic. And why not call it the Raptor's Republic. The Remans are also our brothers so the name should be all inclusive. They left Vulcan with us, the Romulans. We were all walking under the raptor's wings. We should also have 2 leaders: D'Tan as head of state and Obisek as head of the army.

I'm switching the prefix of all my warbirds from I.R.W. to R.R.W.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    edited February 2014
    taut0u wrote: »

Hren'u na nnulhlle'le s'Shiar ih'Saeihr Rihanai. Aihr'pehai s'Shiar. Ormiin'u hraen cradol: nnulhlle'le sa's'Shiar riud lleiset sa'Kreh'dhhokhai.
    edited February 2014
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    After careful consideration I have to admit that you made me change my mind. Long live the Romulan and Reman Republic. And why not call it the Raptor's Republic. The Remans are also our brothers so the name should be all inclusive. They left Vulcan with us, the Romulans. We were all walking under the raptor's wings. We should also have 2 leaders: D'Tan as head of state and Obisek as head of the army.

I'm switching the prefix of all my warbirds from I.R.W. to R.R.W.

I commend your openness to the truth.

With regard to the name, "na Rihannsu" means "the Declared," and should apply equally to those from ch'Rihan and those from ch'Havran.
  • umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hren'u na nnulhlle'le s'Shiar ih'Saeihr Rihanai. Aihr'pehai s'Shiar. Ormiin'u hraen cradol: nnulhlle'le sa's'Shiar riud lleiset sa'Kreh'dhhokhai.

Na gem
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • rihandhenorihandheno Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Prolonging the death of the Republic is all D'tan is doing. With Sela gone, Hakeeve dead, now is the time to reunite the Romulan people back under the Star Empire. As well as reinstitute the Senate and elect a new Praetor. Very strong chance of seeing that when the timeline advances. Personally the Feds, KDF, and anyone else who wants to benefit off the Romulans can get the front end of my disruptor :rolleyes: The Romulan Star Empire will always survive, D'Tan is too weak to do what is necessary to bring the Tal Shiar under control and grab them by the horns to use them to his advantage.
  • umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rihandheno wrote: »
    Prolonging the death of the Republic is all D'tan is doing. With Sela gone, Hakeeve dead, now is the time to reunite the Romulan people back under the Star Empire. As well as reinstitute the Senate and elect a new Praetor. Very strong chance of seeing that when the timeline advances. Personally the Feds, KDF, and anyone else who wants to benefit off the Romulans can get the front end of my disruptor :rolleyes: The Romulan Star Empire will always survive, D'Tan is too weak to do what is necessary to bring the Tal Shiar under control and grab them by the horns to use them to his advantage.

s'D'tan s'fvienn ranasain Sela u'Hakeeve. Ahr'iurrha Dii irha...
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
    edited February 2014
    rihandheno wrote: »

The Senate has been reinstated (seriously, do you who wish to return to slavery even pay attention to developments in the Republic, or have you made up your minds before even bothering to learn what the Republic is?), and the Praetorate has been divided into several offices below the office of Proconsul. I myself am one of those who have earned the title of Praetor. The Romulan Star Empire is now nothing but the Tal'Shiar and a few misguided tools who imagine a greatness that has not existed since before the rebellion of Shinzon. The Tal'Shiar have no redeeming value; they will never be able to serve any useful function in the Republic, for their very essence is oppression. In addition, the Tal'Shiar is not required. The Tal'Diann is more than sufficient for any intelligence needs the Republic may have, and does not double as a gang of bullies trying to enforce conformity to whatever insanity might be the current fad under any given Emperor/Empress or Praetor.
    edited February 2014
    As long as we are led by fools willing to risk our new home world in an insane attempt to show off and sell our blood for a pittance, the Republic is nearly as bad for our people as the Tal Shiar. Sela, Taris, and Hakeev have murdered the remnants of the old Empire, the Republic is led by naive fools and incompetent glory hounds. We must cast off both to prosper!

---
    ooc: Raptor Republic actually does sound better, and cooler imo. OR the Raptor Star Empire ;)
    edited February 2014
    As long as we are led by fools willing to risk our new home world in an insane attempt to show off and sell our blood for a pittance, the Republic is nearly as bad for our people as the Tal Shiar. Sela, Taris, and Hakeev have murdered the remnants of the old Empire, the Republic is led by naive fools and incompetent glory hounds. We must cast off both to prosper!

---
    ooc: Raptor Republic actually does sound better, and cooler imo. OR the Raptor Star Empire ;)
    I quite like the sound of that, this Vice Admiral along with my Scimitar Tactical Class named Ra'kolh will enjoy seeing the rise of our people again. Reminds me of a Terran legend of a Flame Bird, a Phoenix that was the name. A glorious falcon rising from it's own ashes and stronger than ever.

----
    ooc: Yisss Raptor Star Empire