test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BTW, that was on two characters. :p
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    ROFLMAO... did they have to go far?

Don't think so. The winds were buffeting them about, so they went to a nearby all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet. Not to worry. The buffet is used to serving rodents that feed their faces. After all, where do you think visiting tribbles go to eat?
  • squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Christ.. stop making pathetic jokes and at least try to not be totally useless and fix this TRIBBLE.
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    crash this late means everyone play their own favorite game because everyone at cryptic has gone home for the night in west coast USA time
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    They have checkpoints in it, right?! Right? Tell me they have checkpoints in it!

Apparently, no.

Which in a mission that takes this long is kind of stupid, but oh well... I pretty much stopped playing around Christmas, so I suppose it was about time I started hearing myself groan "God****it Cryptic." a few times a day again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tanuus wrote: »
    <puts on best Odo impression>

STEERIIIIIKE THREE! YEEEERRRRA OUT!

They should read their own history with this kind of thing...while sitting in the stands....:D
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Damn you Consuela for unplugging the servers to do the vacuuming. :rolleyes:

Mo lemon pledge???
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would not worry much you know the sever will be back A.S.A.P ,after all the longer it's down the more money they lose:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It'll probally clear up once the people who just come the day something is new or when a new VO by a popular Star Trek Alumni stars. Usually the bulk of those who aren't day to day players will fall off and it'll get back to normal. That's how it always is even when there weren't any VO's before too lol.
    teddyphoto wrote: »
    I managed to do the mission four times before the servers went down yet again. Now I have to remember what suits I have so I don't get doubles.

See the title.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The devs fix stuff? REALLY? Judging by these server crashes, it doesn't look like it.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    branflakes mentioned some maintenance that would be going on tomorrow morning, if everything is in place, i think now would be an excellent time for said maintenance to occur.
  • mrbeepamrbeepa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Obviously that was a mistake! For crimey sakes what the h is the problem?? If you screwed it up that bad with the patch just reload from before the patch and do some obviously much needed work on the patch itself but not at the expense of your customers!!!

I mean it's been an all day nightmare! So end it PLEASE!
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you god! Why does it keep crashing? Could it be that there are too many people on at once???

and they want to push all bonus events to the weekend so we are all on at once as well. I really see this going well LOL but not surprised this happens every season well except 8 and I believe that is because a huge number of us didn't want to log in to fight Cira, Littlefoot and Chompers even if they did have frigging lasers on their head.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So... the s8.5 tribble. "Stabilized Dyson Tribble"? Stats from buff: +1 mark of faction with lowest current rep, +5% energy resistance, +2% crit chance.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic, you have a major problem which needs to be resolved ASAP!

I'm not sure which one it is, but you either:

(A) Pissed off an extremely network/computer/hacker savvy STO player and he is hitting you with denial of service attacks

or

(B) You need to just get with the program and GET BETTER SERVERS!

I'm leaning toward (B) but I wouldn't rule out (A) either.

Seriously, if you're not getting DOSA'ed (you would most likely know if you are or are not) then just spend the damn money already and get some proper servers. Stop running the game like it's a hobby you're doing from home... Please. There are those of us who depend on this game for R&R.

Thank you.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    go play WoW because blizzard never crashes. STO is now down until a few hours or tomorrow morning when the devs wake up
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One does not simply 8.5 season
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quick, fire the pakleds who put the hardware together.
  • morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    really Cryptic Get your butts in gear you don't get paid our money fro purchasing zen and monthly gold subscriptions to put band aids on stuff. fix the D**n thing already. I mean come on. these server issues are worse than ps3 networks issues and Ps3 network is completely free what are you doing with our money? stop blowing our money on TRIBBLE and use it to fix your servers.

>:( >:( >:( >:(
  • gorkkongorkkon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suggest one free c-store anniversary ship per player per crash.

Everyone in game would own every ship available in C-Store for free by now if that were the case.
  • mayhem95826mayhem95826 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's dead Jim, again.

LOL, bingo.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quick, fire the pakleds who put the hardware together.

Make us strong.... he is smart.. :D
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mo lemon pledge???

I thought Cryptic was supposed to buy it?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sphinxlol wrote: »
    Hamster has stopped running again!

This is why I only go full squirrel!
    Perfect World need's a rodent upgrade!!
  • magriffmagriff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bryligg wrote: »
    And he's making jokes!

How do you people stay employed?

An intense, willful sense of humor... and Pizza ^..^
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    earlier there were over 3000 instances of the new fe. take that how you will.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic, you have a major problem which needs to be resolved ASAP!

I'm not sure which one it is, but you:

(A) Pissed off an extremely network/computer/hacker savvy STO player and he is hitting you with denial of service attacks

or

(B) You need to just get with the program and GET BETTER SERVERS!

I'm leaning toward (B) but I wouldn't rule out (A) either.

Seriously, if you're not getting DOSA'ed (you would most likely know if you are or are not) then just spend the damn money already and get some proper servers. Stop running the game like it's a hobby you're doing from home... Please. There are those of us who depend on this game for R&R.

Thank you.

I believe you will find A is the result of B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I thought Cryptic was supposed to buy it?

No no, you buy.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon isn't that type of dev, so asking him to get it fixed is barking up the very wrong tree.

Lol... Thats what happened... Brandon shows up, pushes Devs, Network, Systems aside... "Don't worry guys... I got this..." Promptly trips over cables, brings entire data center down...

lol... jk Bran:)

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gogereaver wrote: »
    lol yea that content got old fast. but yes they do test it but you cant really test for mass server overload with the small amount of testers you get.

This is more of a 'basic graphics test' level thing than mass server testing. They never checked to see if their stuff was compatible with Dx9, which is why everyone is having so many problems with it.
This discussion has been closed.