test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    lol ... of course you're kidding. It's actually 2500 Zen for ten server-stable minutes, and 14500 Zen for an hour. Inflation, ya know.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You realize there's a load of bad weather going across the country right? Technology isn't perfect and if you think it is, you're silly.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • slimswitch1slimswitch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hate to say it but this is by far one of the WORST Anniversary events ever.. making us grind 15 days for that crappy ship... :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • palinell69palinell69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    free stuff no, but time lost for the event should be returned. For most in my fleet one of the largest some have barely finished mission once.

Yeah yeah 15 days total , 25 event, some dont have everyday to play and many toons to play and gain it on, so the time lost really does effect them and me.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    That's what I was doing! They looked hungry, so I took them out for chinese.

HA HA HA!!! Nice one, Taco. Dev Quote of the Day. :)
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i just finished on one Toon , when the crash happend i was filling my qmendations i hope i see them when it comes back
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i havent had a chance to log in even once since maint ended. all i want to do is get the fleet projects into cd :(
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think at this rate there is going to be a riot outside cryptic in the morning.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captain's Log, Stardate 91686.89. System came back online just in time for us to face the Voth in the heart of the Dyson Sphere, trying to activate the station to jump it elsewhere. I joined Admiral Tuvok in eliminating the threat--only to discover a much larger threat on the horizon.

We returned to Starfleet Academy afterward to kick around a bunch of miniature Q's, and took the Louisiana out on a tour of the galaxy. Upon retiring for the evening, all systems went awry again. Engineers are in panic mode. Citizens of the galaxy are swarming. An all-out riot has ensued.

With the ship in dry dock, and I ready for a good night's sleep, I'll check on the status reports in the morning to find what Admiral Branflakes has left on the bulletins, where I presume I'll have missed the lashes and beheadings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited January 2014
    This sucks, just bought the Hirogen Cruiser, got it set, was getting ready to ISE to see how it performs and Bamn! Down. :(
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive. We're just as frustrated but this and we thank you for sticking with us.

As Smirk said, we'll update you once we have more details to share.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    palinell69 wrote: »
    free stuff no, but time lost for the event should be returned. For most in my fleet one of the largest some have barely finished mission once.

Yeah yeah 15 days total , 25 event, some dont have everyday to play and many toons to play and gain it on, so the time lost really does effect them and me.

Ive completed it three times, did Q's thingy, sorted my bank out, did a dilithium mining claim, reset my duty officers, even played around with the new gear for a little bit

All in the short time from v2 to v3.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys remember the one time cryptic had a late night crew that got the servers and patches done at the end of the night? LOL because they do not

It is 8pm. Go to bed, play another game, watch a movie, STO is f***ed for at least 8 hours until the STO devs and testers wake up to find what they missed in the first place
  • mrbeepamrbeepa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    branflakes mentioned some maintenance that would be going on tomorrow morning, if everything is in place, i think now would be an excellent time for said maintenance to occur.

Please do not suggest they try to do maintenance on top of the mess they already made! Just roll back to pre patch and start working on a new patch tomorrow!
  • slimswitch1slimswitch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They need to remove this 15 day grind bull**** not everyone has 15 days to grind for that ship Cyptic you failed so hard on this event it is not even funny... most likely going to end my subscription because of this :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • mysharon4mysharon4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Funny how Arc still says its... \LIVE\

They need to remove this 15 day grind bull**** not everyone has 15 days to grind for that ship Cyptic you failed so hard on this event it is not even funny... most likely going to end my subscription because of this :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Buy/convert to get Zen, get keys, get box, get lobi, get required consumable, Get ship. Happy camper.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Servers down again on launch day!!! :mad:
    Yet another launch day epic fail! :mad:
    When are you people going to learn to be prepared?!?! :mad:
    This is why I WILL NOT spend anymore $$$ on this game! :mad:

yep, the also nefed my combat suply, i relied on that for my hypo and shields
    nerf.jpg]
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happy Anniversary STO!

4 years in and still haven't mastered the subtle art of release management as this happens literally every major release, without fail. It's remarkable really, quite the achievement to do the same things, have them go pear-shaped the same way, and continue to do them the same way anyway.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They will have to reward us with a tribulating triangulated tribune tribble trivially traumatized to tranquility through trials traversed... Yep.

---
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Time to back the truck up......................
  • rippero01rippero01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scrap "Party Patrol" could not believe they dug that TRIBBLE up ...
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    You mean it wasn't Wesley this time? Whew. That'll cheer up Geordi no end.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Third time is the charm, Servers are trolling us.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No no, you buy.

Isn't it about time for you to go home Consuela?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I decided to use the chance to play and this occurs. From what I heard you need to grind, albeit alittle, to attain the new vessel? However when I get the opportunity to get on there are problems. There is no other game in existence that makes me quite as angry as this one. I dabble with other games and have never had the same problems as this game seems to. Also if only to add to the woes of crashes there are queues? Yet I need to grind? So basically if you cant get the grind time in, or have limited funds, the game is pretty pointless?

Any suggestions where I can spend my gaming time better? Like I said I dabble so suggestions are good.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

let them blow of steam, it's healthier for them.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. Thanks for the outage report. We're investigating. CaptainSmirk is at the helm (on Facebook anywho) and we are working to resolve this downtime. I just finished A Step Between Stars by the skin of my teeth before the outage. Hang in there Captains, and thanks for your patience, you have been great today. Now can I get some volunteer ensigns to help me dig out the dead tribbles from our main computer core?

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Enjoy

This never gets old:)
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive. We're just as frustrated but this and we thank you for sticking with us.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

the funny thing is, the other games I play very very rarely have problems like this, and they very rarely last this long.. and even more rarely happen more than once in a day..
This discussion has been closed.