test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At least I got the Featured Episode on my Fed before the server dropped out. Shame I couldn't get it on my Klingon. She needs a T5 ship.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Extend, extend! I'm not "father time" or anything. Although that would be quite alright. :D

---
  • attodon2000attodon2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tumblr_m29m81ELUh1rsz2jfo1_500.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Brandon please get this fixed it is taking to long to get stuff done
    Brandon isn't that type of dev, so asking him to get it fixed is barking up the very wrong tree.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They let us get spoiled with the pretty much crash free launch of S8, they gotta get us back to our roots before we get to spoiled.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    And so begins the NERD RAGE

and so does the raging about nerd rage :rolleyes: :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Too late for you Cryptic, you just ticked off the wrong player, when one of our friends gets to work tomorrow, she will be looking at y'all thru the F.F.C..
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • ogitalogital Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys need to have some patience. Just imagine how inconvenient this must be for the Cryptic staff. First they have to actually deal with the server crashes, and now they have to interrupt their party for the successful, bug free and very well tested release of the new Season just in time for the anniversary.

Hold on.....wait.....one moment.....lemme rethink.....
    I came to explore foreign Galaxies, and now I'm hunting Rabbits
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same song third chorus...
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not surprised happens every season well except 8 and I belive that is because a huge number of us didn't want to log in to fight Cira Littlefoot and Chompers even if they did have frigging lasers on their head.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was on the second Tethys dreadnaught...

If this mission starts over completely...

You haven't seen true nerdrage yet.

:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • grassland123grassland123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what the hell cryptic why the sever down guys come on
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I won the bet...I bet I'd get an hour's actual game time in..sans messing around. looks like a couple people owe me some cash.

gonna go pop pacific rim in the xbox and just zone out for a bit, I'll feel better after.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Down again. I was just finishing the story. Hope don't have to do it over again. Took two hrs. to finish it.......
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    And a free party horn from both 1st and 2nd Anniversaries (and one from the 4th, if the Anniversary period comes and goes without letting folks earn their party horn; I have one each for two characters; my third was about to do his 5th of 5 puzzles ... and phzzzt).
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not really interested in getting three quarters of the way through a long azz mission to have the server go splat and have to do it all over again so I'm gonna have a few drinks watch a movie and catch some Zzz.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is why sharing all of your games on the same server shard is bad m'kay Cryptic. Never enough room. And for good measure- complete testing is good too m'kay.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'll just have to try again tomorrow. lol.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Again?? I'm kind of glad I've been holding off on logging back in now. I was wary before, I guess it wasn't for nothing.

My 6 year old wanted to know why I haven't been in the game since afternoon. I said "because some of their stuff isn't working right yet, I'll just wait until it works." Kiddo asks "Why? Did they buy their stuff from the Ferengi?"

LOL, take that for what you will.
  • jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    admsim wrote: »
    Just bounced me out. WTH is up with the servers today?

HAHAHAHA dam...thats for sure
  • taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    after 8 queue's of waiting to try out my new ship in PVE @ starbase 24 nobody would join the damn match. finally, 9th time is teh charm. engaging in 5...4...3...2....SERVER CRESHHHSH
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's dead Jim.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    I was on the second Tethys dreadnaught...

If this mission starts over completely...

You haven't seen true nerdrage yet.

:mad:

It does, I have tried 3 times today to finish it same thing every time.
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you guys know what QA Testing (Quality Assurance Testing) is?

I ask because it is quite clear to me that you DID NOT do any QA Testing before pushing this, or any prior Season Updates, for that matter, out...

As for the problems I am having, in the new mission; as soon as I exit the Sun Station In order to traverse the destroyed corridor, all of the textures change to black, and I can't see anything, much less complete the mission.

I then rebooted the game in an attempt to fix the problem, which I knew was unlikely to work, but figured that it wouldn't hurt to try, and the game no longer loads unless in safe mode...

As I asked:
    Do you guys know what QA Testing (Quality Assurance Testing) is, and if so, why do you not utilize it?
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon isn't that type of dev, so asking him to get it fixed is barking up the very wrong tree.

He didn't tell Brandon to go fix it himself, he told him to get it fixed. Right tree: you just read it wrong.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • magriffmagriff Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    and so does the raging about nerd rage :rolleyes: :P

And then comes the Raging about the raging on the nerds.. I tell ya we Geek's aren't much impressed either.. lol

Griff. ^..^/
  • csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At this point, I mean really come on, did we actually expect them to get it ... or i mean anything right the first time.... or the second or the... you get my point..... as with most of the content in the game they will fix it 20 to 30 times until its broken the right way.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2qc2d05.jpg
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is this the only mission you have to restart if you don't finish?
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is why sharing all of your games on the same server shard is bad m'kay Cryptic. Never enough room. And for good measure- complete testing is good too m'kay.

To the best of my knowledge Cryptic games don't share the same server. STO, Neverwinter and Champs all have their own servers. They just share the chat and login servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
This discussion has been closed.