What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is why sharing all of your games on the same server shard is bad m'kay Cryptic. Never enough room. And for good measure- complete testing is good too m'kay.

To the best of my knowledge Cryptic games don't share the same server. STO, Neverwinter and Champs all have their own servers. They just share the chat and login servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    toctik wrote: »
    this is how these things go for the early adopters!

Social Services: "I'm impressed. You got your foster children before anyone else did."
    Parents: "Of course. We're early adopters."
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    title x

Computer Voice: Engines Compromised.

Captain: Target: Cryptic Head Headquarters

Computer Voice: Unable to comply, target destination not applicable to Season 8.5

Captain: ALL HANDS... GED TO DA SHUDDLES!!!!!! ABANDON SHIP!

Computer Voice: Unable to comply shuddles are offline.

Ring a bell here????? I love Cryptic, this will definately go down in history, overall I do love the missions, great work. :D
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    10:25PM EST / 1-30-2014 *** YOUR SERVERS JUST WENT DOWN AGAIN *** You have some serious stability problems (and I know what I'm talking about - for over 25 years I was a computer programmer, project leader, systems analyst, and network engineer)...would you like to contract me to help you fix all your problems...I only charge $150 an hour now that I'm retired...it used to be $300 so I'm giving you a break...

I'm luck that I know how to turn on a computer, but after 4 downtimes of several hours I know they have stability issues without that experience....
  • Options
    cptbambamcptbambam Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well this suks 3. time today if they keep this up the event will be over before we get too do a mission:mad:
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After the second server crash I went to sleep,I wake up about 4 hours later and get through the feature episode once and it comes down again.I'm not sure how long it took them to fix it the second time and if they did,how long it stayed up.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like any of the people here raging could prepare more for a mad rush that is a major event like the annviersary :rolleyes:.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic is showcasing their incompetence.
  • Options
    storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't be an STO anniversary without server crashes. <3 Just like old times.
    edited January 2014
    This is getting REALLY OLD, REALLY FAST! :mad:
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
  • Options
    idlehand13idlehand13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was nice timing though. just as the explosion happened when I was transporting out, it lost out. Perhaps a nail biting "to be continued..." could be put in there. Anyways, yeah, it was fun while I was able to do it. "here's a new, unstable installment of Star Trek Offline."
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everything comes in threes

3 EV suits
    3 Set pieces obtainable through the FE
    3 Ships per pack
    3 packs
    3 factions
    3 crashes
    3 hours down
    3 threads in 3 seconds by 3 people
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nyx219 wrote: »
    Again?? I'm kind of glad I've been holding off on logging back in now. I was wary before, I guess it wasn't for nothing.

My 6 year old wanted to know why I haven't been in the game since afternoon. I said "because some of their stuff isn't working right yet, I'll just wait until it works." Kiddo asks "Why? Did they buy their stuff from the Ferengi?"

LOL, take that for what you will.

Give this guy a parenting award! :D
  • Options
    donbodonbo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was soooooo close to completing FE...uggggggg back to square 1!
  • Options
    skyywalk3rskyywalk3r Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i finally managed to make it thru the featured episode before the server went down. crashed in the middle of the tholian daily mission (which worked oddly enough)
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    no they do not this happens every season well except 8 and I believe that is because a huge number of us didn't want to log in to fight Cira Littlefoot and Chompers even if they did have frigging lasers on their head.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is getting REALLY OLD, REALLY FAST! :mad:

this got old on the second crash...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It'll probally clear up once the people who just come the day something is new or when a new VO by a popular Star Trek Alumni stars. Usually the bulk of those who aren't day to day players will fall off and it'll get back to normal. That's how it always is even when there weren't any VO's before too lol.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,
    Hang in there, looks like round 3 is under way. Thanks for the outage reports, the team is currently investigating and we will update you with our progress ASAP.

Thanks for your patience everyone, it looks like some Gremlins have crossbred with some Tribbles and they are having a pool party with fresh appetizers after midnight. this bodes poorly for our poor servers, but stay tuned to this thread and we will alert you once we have an ETA on a fix.

I was so close to finishing A Step Between Stars too, so CaptainSmirk feels your pain!

More to come!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, you gotta feed the hamsters!

That's what I was doing! They looked hungry, so I took them out for chinese.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    They let us get spoiled with the pretty much crash free launch of S8, they gotta get us back to our roots before we get to spoiled.

yeah i was wondering what was going on with 8 launch. it was hard to believe.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Once happens, it's not a big deal.

Twice is less forgiving, but heh, sometimes, Murphy's Law is that evil.

Thrice, I'm sorry but that's pure lack of foresight and borderline incompetence.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge Cryptic games don't share the same server. STO, Neverwinter and Champs all have their own servers. They just share the chat and login servers.

Different server hardware for each game. Shared network though. When the network crashes like this, all their games go down. Neverwinter has crashed all three times today as well.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    That's what I was doing! They looked hungry, so I took them out for chinese.

ROFLMAO... did they have to go far? :D

I shall be the understanding one and say take the extended extended extended down time and go on netflix or whatever and watch the the TNG, DS9, and Voyager episodes surrounding the iconians, dyson sphere, undine, and hirogen and get a refresher :D
  • Options
    dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll get his server room keycard........
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what the hell cryptic why the sever down guys come on

The servers stopped working because we stopped believing in them.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    maleciahmaleciah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    Server Down III: The Search for Stability

If this was FB, I'd "Like" this ;)
This discussion has been closed.