test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #47

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The ship is, well, TRIBBLE and not worth the grind .
    Your opinion, of course. To each their own, I guess. I'm going to get the ships.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great work on the design of the Klingon Nov Class! Nice to see some unique STO-made ships.
  • cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uh, a 1.3 shield mod isn't enough to make up for the Fed destroyer's lack of cloak and/or cloak synergy and the same hull strength as the romulan BATTLE CLOAKED version. Boost the Feddie one up to 31.5K or something, or give it better shields, otherwise it's the weakest of the three.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My concern is, what is this going to do with our trays? The things are breaky enough as it is, and I can just imagine the switching mechanic wreaking havoc with them.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I'll say it again:

Making us grind for 9 console anniversary ships is outrageous.

I believe I'm decided now, I'll pass. Sure, the Romulan one is nice and KDF doesn't have much to offer science wise, so I guess I'll wait for the C-Store versions. And forgive the language: 'TRIBBLE both your 4-piece bonuses'.

All in all, a very bad way of celebrating the 4th anniversary... :(
    eh i'll go for them i fly the c store avenger which is 9 console well my main finnaly got the fleet version but my sci caitian has the 9 console version so does not really bother me get it if u want to don't if not stop Q_Qing yes i hate grinding to but eh it's part of the game since i play FF11 which IS ALOT of grinding i'm use to it.

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uh, a 1.3 shield mod isn't enough to make up for the Fed destroyer's lack of cloak and/or cloak synergy and the same hull strength as the romulan BATTLE CLOAKED version. Boost the Feddie one up to 31.5K or something, or give it better shields, otherwise it's the weakest of the three.

It can mount DHCs.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These look like fun ships. We'll see how it goes with Tac Mode as I'm only going to grind it on one toon, my Tac Captain.
  • bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Fed one trades cloak and hull for the ability to mount DHCs. This is the only non-pay sci ship that can do so.

I disagree. All the anniversary ships get DHCs, there's no reason to penalize the fed one for this just because it's the fed one.

It'd be better if the fed one had the most hull and shields and no cloak, then the klingon one had less hull and shields and regular cloak, and then the romulan one had the least hull and shields and battlecloak.
  • dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone notice how they look like the 1000 day reward ships just different textures
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3/3 with the 4th slot being only tactical mode and forced proton DHC? I know its a science ship but thats still awful.

As for looks... Fed one is a reskinned fleet avenger (looks exactly like one) Kling one is a reskinned Mogh (looks exactly like one) so its not as bad as some are saying.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    So I should make sure to complete the event project on all my characters, hm ? That's 20 times 15..... :eek:

Why do I feel a little odd about this ? Having so many characters is desirable for Cryptic, I would have never bought all those c-store ships if I had only 1 or 2. Why am I being punished for supporting the game ? :o

To be fair, it's not Cryptics fault you CHOSE to create all those characters. No-one held a gun to your head and forced you to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a Cryptic fanboy, especially after they nerfed the Dyson wrapper missions, the nerf to the hourly events, and forcing the ARC abortion down our throats (yes I know it's PWE forcing ARC on us, but Cryptic is gladly going along with it). Just saying don't blame others for the choices you make.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dan512 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how they look like the 1000 day reward ships just different textures

Eh, not really. The Fed one, in particular, doesn't look anything like the Chimera.

And I'm adding my voice to those who are disappointed with the Fed ship's stats.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014

the romulan one acctually looks like the love child of the vet reward and the Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit to me lol.

edited January 2014
    To be fair, it's not Cryptics fault you CHOSE to create all those characters. No-one held a gun to your head and forced you to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a Cryptic fanboy, especially after they nerfed the Dyson wrapper missions, the nerf to the hourly events, and forcing the ARC abortion down our throats (yes I know it's PWE forcing ARC on us, but Cryptic is gladly going along with it). Just saying don't blame others for the choices you make.

translation: you were having too much fun with all those characters and need to be punished with a grind you probably cant complete on all of them.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So I should make sure to complete the event project on all my characters, hm ? That's 20 times 15..... :eek:

Why do I feel a little odd about this ? Having so many characters is desirable for Cryptic, I would have never bought all those c-store ships if I had only 1 or 2. Why am I being punished for supporting the game ? :o

Why would you want this on all your characters?... After these stats, it really is only decent for a science captain. It's grossly inferior as a tactical ship and with a reduced hull, weapons slots, turn rate, console slots, and 1 minute cooldown between modes it isn't going to benefit you to have access to the science side of it as a tactical. We don't even need to talk about engineers.

I'll bet getting it on my 6 science captains and that's it. I may or may not buy the bundle at this point. I will still grind on everyone since as borticus mentioned those Qmmendations are planned to be used in future anniversary events. so maybe next year it will be a different class of ship.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

not at all...
  • grymlyngrymlyn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whew... after reading that I'm glad to see that I can run the FE a few times to get the 3 piece set, and not miss out much from not getting the Ship for the Warp Core.

The warp core is just an Overcharged Core with an added gimmick, meh.

That 4 piece bonus is just a RSP + EptS with a DamRes boost, and a lot 'balancing' features (-outgoing damage, -flight speed, -turn).

Now another question, although this one might have been answered already, or will be answered shortly.

Can we pawn off those 400 q-whatevers for GPL or a useful currency?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Hey Brandon, the posting about the new Hirogen doffs is missing!!
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is confusing.

Looking foward solely to the Hirogen ground kit and some traits :)
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    mutualcore wrote: »
    not at all...

The romulan one kinda does. The fed looks exactly like a fleet avenger (they obviously use the same or a very similar skeleton: no neck, flat pylons) while the fed one looks like a reskinned fleet mogh, because again, they obviously use the same or similar skeleton.

I am really glad they posted the stats though. this is not a good ship.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The only reason to do this event on 20 characters is to have the items on 20 characters. Do you need the items on all 20 of your characters, hm? If not, then you don't need to do 15 runs on 20 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014

On the other hand, one has to wonder whether discouraging the creation of additional characters, which requires the purchase of character slots - and is likely to cause the purchase of other stuff, is a better business decision than making these things unlock on an account-wide basis. Heck, people have even tried to compromise by asking for faction-wide unlocks (as in, do it once per faction per account to unlock it on all characters of a faction) and have not received so much as an acknowledgement of the idea, let alone its implementation.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be fair, it's not Cryptics fault you CHOSE to create all those characters. No-one held a gun to your head and forced you to.

Oh for petes sake.

Buying character slots directly benefits Cryptic, its supporting the game.

The way this grind is set up is penalises those with multiple toons more than someone with one toon.

Thus, this grind is penalising paying customers more than free ones.

Nobody forced us to buy character slots and all the things those toons need from cryptic, nobody forced us to support the game in that way........but if people hadn't would there be an anniversary event to go to?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You know I use those smilies for a reason, I wasn't really serious. ;)

But having a lot of characters should be something Cryptic should want, more reasons to buy stuff, the increased doff roster for each character for example and all those pretty ships anf fleet modules and and and....

I'm not blaming anyone for anything and I would gladly buy all those 3-packs, but I want an option to get the warp core and the deflector some other way later on....through the dyson rep or fleet holding or whatever.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, romulan ships are getting the secondary deflector even if they have Romulan Battle Cloaking and Singularity Abilities.

And is fun, because you guys said that this new system were to "balance" the fact that the romulans have all this toys and the other 2 factions dont.

Cryptic and their short memory are fantastic.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only reason to do this event on 20 characters is to have the items on 20 characters. Do you need the items on all 20 of your characters, hm? If not, then you don't need to do 15 runs on 20 characters.

I don't need anything, that's not the point. I can't say today what I might want to use on a character, present or future. It's just bad design to put unique setitems on a timer imo. :)
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fed 28,500 hull 1.3 Shield Modifier

kdf 30,000 hull 1.25 Shield Modifier

rom 28,500 hull 1.25 Shield Modifier

they should all be 30k hull and 1.25 Shield Modifier.

other wise give the rom the 1.3 Shield Modifier.

or bring fed and rom to 29k at 1.25 Shield Modifier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    eh i'll go for them i fly the c store avenger which is 9 console well my main finnaly got the fleet version but my sci caitian has the 9 console version so does not really bother me get it if u want to don't if not stop Q_Qing yes i hate grinding to but eh it's part of the game since i play FF11 which IS ALOT of grinding i'm use to it.

Big +1 for this one. There are a lot of 9 console ships in the CStore at $20-25 each. The grind basically gets you the equivalent of those - a "tier 5 + Console" ship (MVAM, Regent, GalX, Atrox, Avenger, Mogh, etc). This one is at the same level, which is a step above the ones they game out the last two years.

As for the three sets coming next month, that's the same as the Bort and Ody bundles.

The only issue I have is the ships need to be unlocked on each character to be able to take advantage of the set synergy on the Cstore versions. I would be very happy if I only had to grind once per faction and got an account unlock for the ships instead of 8 grinds and never being able to get it on future characters.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014

There are legitimate reasons for wanting an item on all 20 characters. Ranging from simple collecting to wanting to be sure you can use it on another character if you have a need for it on said character. Really, though, seeing as the likely solutions to the problem either don't affect you or benefit you, I see no reason why you should comment on this.

Now, if somebody who did intend to have it on 20+ characters wanted to bury the feedback... then I'd be more willing to listen.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »

You don't get it, I'm fine with 9 console ships, I don't have a single fleet, Lobi or Lockbox ship. The only 10 console ships I own are some of the C-Store 3 packs.

I would have loved to fly base 9 console anniversary ships. BUT they're gated behind a grind. BUT they're not complete without 3 times replaying the new FE AND getting the special consoles on the future C-Store versions.

Where the hell is the part of the Anniversary that actually rewards the players for being here? The last 2 Anniversaries were great.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!