test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #47

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Are there any other texture options available and can we use other bridges?
    Already answered: yes, but not at launch of 8.5.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Am I the only one who wonders why the anniversary ship wasn't a "joint task force" design shared between all three groups and why the store-versions weren't the three in dev #47?

Lots of reasons. Big one is money, more ships = more sales. Second is that cross faction ships are a source of complaints from the customers, especially the Roms since their ships are so different. Third, CBS might not have even approved a cross faction ship. Fourth, money, more ships = more money. Fifth, money.....
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Indeed, who will toil in the mines to get dilithium for me to buy if not him? :P

If I'm having to chase MiniQ's, no dilithium for you!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary!

I, for one, welcome our new grind and pay overlords

(Please, Bran, let my family live)

Happy Anniversary indeed! :D

(There's nothing else left to do now than joking about this 'Lovely event'. They clearly don't intend to make it a celebration anymore.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited January 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary indeed! :D

(There's nothing else left to do now than joking about this 'Lovely event'. They clearly don't intend to make it a celebration anymore.)
    Maybe not for you, but I'm going to enjoy it.
    edited January 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    The Set bonus with the C-Store versions...what part do I exactly need for the 4-Set bonus with the Store versions now? I guess all 3 consoles from the 3-pack and ....????

The second (C-Store ship) set bonus' 4th piece is the secondary deflector that comes with the anniversary ships.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This makes no sense. Why would we grind for nine console ships and pay for 10? Especially if we can't complete the set for any future toons? Sure, have 50-75 dollars for a set with a bonus I'll never be able be able to get. Said no one ever.

Who thought this was a good idea at all? It couldn't be more blatantly player-unfriendly.

Rewind one year and look at temporal ambassador for an example of doing it right. Free ship i can go back and get whenever. Free nine console high tier ship for playing it during the anniversary. Better 10 console version added to the fleet store if I really want it.

You still got zen from fleet modules for anyone who wanted the 10 console version, what was wrong with that?

Happy anniversary cryptic, just when I thought this stupid dino bubble couldn't be crammed full of any more fail, you found a way. We need to put season 8 behind us and not look back.

EDIT: Also, more importantly than my complaining... This Zen Store 3 pack makes no sense. We get all 3 variants in the pack, which means that characters from any faction have ships from every faction. Feds flying warbirds, etc. This seems so poorly thought through, or at least is being communicated so.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @gorngonzolla

Does the switch from Science to Tactical and vice-versa involve some actual transformation animation?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Best shield mod : fed by little the best
    Hull: Kdf by little the best
    Crew Fed 400, Rom 600, Kdf 1000: Fed won! this is still useless:eek:
    The Romulans got the best deal in the end losing a little hp and shield mod, and gaining battle cloak again! + the regular singularity abilities.:)
    Its not that I dont like the kdf ship but I rather see the combat inefficient regular cloak gone, and the ship status replaced with the fed ship variant ! :P
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Question, I heard on priority one Al said the the dhc would be fused and therefore could not be removed infavored of a different DHC, has this changed? I'd prefer being able to put my own flavor of DHC to having one fused.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Question, I heard on priority one Al said the the dhc would be fused and therefore could not be removed infavored of a different DHC, has this changed? I'd prefer being able to put my own flavor of DHC to having one fused.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to remove the Proton DHC.

Meaning it will essentially be 3x the DHC you want and 1x Proton DHC.

My bet is there is a proton power type coming in the near future.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This Zen Store 3 pack makes no sense. We get all 3 variants in the pack, which means that characters from any faction have ships from every faction. Feds flying warbirds, etc. This seems so poorly thought through, or at least is being communicated so.

As I understand it, you get 3 Fed variants in one pack, 3 Rom variants in another pack, and 3 KDF variants in the final pack. The packs are "factional", not "cross-factional".

So... Three packs containing three factional variants each for 9 variants total.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the design of all ships a lot and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

However, whoever designed the bridge (in-universe, I don't attack the artists themselves, just stating my disappointment) needs to be fired from Joint Command.

This is way too Solanae for hybrid ships, there should be more Fed/Klink/Rom features on these. It's like someone found those ships in the sphere, realized the Solanae tried to rip-off the Alpha Quadrant forces and decided to take credit for them, not even bothering to check if the bridges were practical for Joint Command.

And of course, I'm guessing it was designed from the works of the same engineers who thought captains should never lower themselves to go visit the plebs from the rest of the ship... and that ready rooms were for female cats.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you not see GGZ's post on the matter, he said that at launch, you'll have to use the bridge, but in time, they will make the other bridges available. Perhaps you shouldn't jump the gun without getting all the information.

This part was what I was referring to actually:

Still, as I commented. I am no rush to get it and the bridge actually turned me off. The Federation ship looks sub-par so I at least expected a better Federation bridge. If its experimental, they should go the route of the Dauntless. It looked very different but have a lot of hunts of a Federation design.

As for the Romulan and Klingon hybrid, the exterior looks better so I would get the ship but will no rush to put it to any use. Till they have better hybrid bridge designs.

Frankly, the Romulan and Federation ship will sit in my roster of ships and that's about it.
    edited January 2014
    Still, as I commented. I am no rush to get it and the bridge actually turned me off. The Federation ship looks sub-par so I at least expected a better Federation bridge. If its experimental, they should go the route of the Dauntless. It looked very different but have a lot of hunts of a Federation design.

As for the Romulan and Klingon hybrid, the exterior looks better so I would get the ship but will no rush to put it to any use. Till they have better hybrid bridge designs.

Frankly, the Romulan and Federation ship will sit in my roster of ships and that's about it.

Think of the designs this way: They took the three most advanced designs (the fleet versions of the Avenger, Mogh, and Arkif) and retrofitted sphere tech to them. If you look at them, it's pretty clear that's what they were going for. They aren't so much experimental as they are conversions.
    edited January 2014
    crash490r wrote: »

Gorngonzola already confirmed that Proton weapon packs are not planned at this time. Best you can do is Protonic Polaron and the proton cannon from the Sphere rep.

I wonder how the ProPol DHCs do with the Proton/Polaron consoles from the rep tree. They won't beat the 31% consoles, but they might do OK.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    crash490r wrote: »

That stinks, I'd preferred being able to make it match my other energy weapons, poloron or whatever. Really what good is a single "Captain Proton" DHC on a ship that is optimized for say phaser or plasma?
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea the fed one is Fugly, but it's new.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only one thats interesting is the romulan, just because its so ridiculously OP with battlecloak and singularity powers and everything else thats on it, plus roms dont have any other usable ships with cmdr sci. Only question is if I want to make ONE ship with all the dyson rep gear, if so it would have to be that one.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like it.
    The four piece set seems interesting.
    Look forward to the new FE.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These starships use the base materials seen here and will use the alternate materials from the C-Store ships coming out next month. These ships cannot use faction specific bridges at Season 8.5 launch, but we'll add these to the ships in an upcoming patch.i

Any plans to let us use faction specific materials?
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NOTE: The C-store ships we mentioned in yesterday?s Anniversary Rewards blog come with neither the warp core nor the secondary deflector that are mentioned above. If you are interested in the warp core or the secondary deflector, especially to use them in the two different 4-piece set bonuses available (first with the Anniversary event and the second from the C-store bundles next month), make sure to complete the 4-year anniversary reputation project for each character.

Well that is a load of..... So if one can't get the time to grind, or refuse to do so because they don't like how you've changed the event into another grind they still miss out on the fancy options on the c-store version. May I ask what is the point putting them in the c-store then anyway? No one in their right mind would buy the c-store versions if they aren't at least on par with the grind versions (can't call them free as you have to grind for them).

Seriously what are you thinking? Makes no sense, the pack is going to sell worse than the Bortas'qu pack.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They are nice, but I will pass. Since I have no Sci captains to make use of them properly. Plus you didn't give the weekend players a chance on them either. Since you didn't allow enough days for me to grind for it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can we change the bridge to one of the faction specific bridges?
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »

No. According to the designer, there will be a patch later on that let's you do this.
    edited January 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Not initially, it's already been stated by GGZ that it'll be after the launch of Season 8.5.
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pretty stoked about the new anniversary ships, especially the Romulan one!

With that said, one thing I would really like to see changed, is the game mechanics for those of us having multiple characters on an account, in regards to claiming these ships. There should be a sponsor ship program of some sort, to allow other characters on the account the ability to receive the ship, without all the work. I would suggest that after the 15 day run to get the 600 tokens, that each day after, when the event is completed the main character can choose to sponsor another character 600 tokens. Thus, each additional character on an account would need to do the one mission for 400 rewards, and be sponsored once, to receive the ship.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    Any plans to let us use faction specific materials?

Gorgonzolla already mentioned that faction specific materials will be comming on the C-Store versions of these ships.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Gorgonzolla already mentioned that faction specific materials will be comming on the C-Store versions of these ships.

Yes, I read that. I was asking about current materials such as the vet materials.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Eh. Not worth it.