test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Tier 5 Connie

Comments

• xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    neo1nx wrote: »
    what about a holoprojector that you buy 2000 zen and that took a device slot?
    still with the effect of holo emitter but that would be as close as you can get without cbs veto it!

This. Get one for the Galaxy class while they are at it. The only issue is that people can't customize it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thekirklivesthekirklives Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    She is beauty next to the refit all the other are just plain dull.
    Yes, I feel the same way!
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    This is 2409, not 2255.

In case you missed it, I will drop some in-game stats on you from Shuttles:

2260s equipment is NOT dated tech! Not in the least!

My Class F Shuttle is FAR SUPERIOR to my Type-8 Shuttle.

What's more disturbing is that the Gallileo is straight up ON PAR with the standard Runabout!

This is madness people. IN PVP I can take my janky TOS shuttle and pew pew with the best of them! It turns better than the captain's yacht. Has more consoles than the TNG shuttle. And essentially has the exact same stats as the Danube Runabout.

That's like saying a Connie has more tactical firepower than a Galaxy, turns better than an Armitage, and has the exact same stats as a Defiant!

The argument that the Connie is outdated is completely blown out of the water by how powerful and up to date the Galileo is on the shuttle tier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    neo1nx wrote: »
    what about a holoprojector that you buy 2000 zen and that took a device slot?
    still with the effect of holo emitter but that would be as close as you can get without cbs veto it!
    Yes, I'm sure you'd be happy with a holo skin of your Galaxy Class which you had to reset every 5 minutes and couldn't saucer separate or... basically anything you currently enjoy being able to do with your Tier 5 Galaxy Refit.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In case you missed it, I will drop some in-game stats on you from Shuttles:

2260s equipment is NOT dated tech! Not in the least!

My Class F Shuttle is FAR SUPERIOR to my Type-8 Shuttle.

What's more disturbing is that the Gallileo is straight up ON PAR with the standard Runabout!

This is madness people. IN PVP I can take my janky TOS shuttle and pew pew with the best of them! It turns better than the captain's yacht. Has more consoles than the TNG shuttle. And essentially has the exact same stats as the Danube Runabout.

That's like saying a Connie has more tactical firepower than a Galaxy, turns better than an Armitage, and has the exact same stats as a Defiant!

The argument that the Connie is outdated is completely blown out of the water by how powerful and up to date the Galileo is on the shuttle tier.

And it is patently ridiculous that it should be so, because that's like having a WWI biplane shoot down an F-35.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited February 2014
    And it is patently ridiculous that it should be so, because that's like having a WWI biplane shoot down an F-35.

I don't understand. It is this way in the game. And that's how Cryptic has designed its game since day one. Age doesn't affect performance at all.

So the argument that a Constitution should adhere to some mechanic that you think is in the game, but the game itself has never had, is to me somewhat ridiculous as well.

A Galileo shuttle versus a Runabout, equal footing.

A D'Kyr versus a Varanus, kind of a crapshoot.

A T'Liss versus a Galaxy, the T'Liss oddly enough is very competitive.

I just don't see this game using age for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The most Famous, Iconic, and Legendary ship class should be a T5 ship. I would fly that one way more than the others. It don't have to be as strong as the current latest cruisers. There is ways to make it work, and easily to blow up as well. Its all how they do the stats.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is 2409, not 2255. Would you take a Civil War-era coal-fired steam sailing ship into battle against a Gerald R. Ford-class CVN?

Lets debunk this:
    1 - It won't be a ship from that era if you build it completely out of new parts. Just based it off the looks. So it will be current.

2 - Other ships are still being used that should be far retired. Like the D7/K't'inga, the Vulcan and Andorian ships, the Romulan T'Varo, the Excelsior. All these shouldn't be at T5.

3 - Its a game, which is meant to be fun. Only limits to the game is what the game developers want to do with it. (Just like how many fussed we are fighting T Rexs during this Voth story line.) And they said they put it in there for "Fun".
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited February 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    Lets debunk this:
    1 - It won't be a ship from that era if you build it completely out of new parts. Just based it off the looks. So it will be current.

2 - Other ships are still being used that should be far retired. Like the D7/K't'inga, the Vulcan and Andorian ships, the Romulan T'Varo, the Excelsior. All these shouldn't be at T5.

3 - Its a game, which is meant to be fun. Only limits to the game is what the game developers want to do with it. (Just like how many fussed we are fighting T Rexs during this Voth story line.) And they said they put it in there for "Fun".
    Yes, this is exactly way I feel too! Please take the time to post at the CBS STO Forum and make your voice heard where it counts!
  • llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there a petition or some place I could voice my favour for this? Ive been waiting for like 3 years for a T5 connie.
  • neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I'm sure you'd be happy with a holo skin of your Galaxy Class which you had to reset every 5 minutes and couldn't saucer separate or... basically anything you currently enjoy being able to do with your Tier 5 Galaxy Refit.

i don't have to have a holo galaxy, it is already at tier 5, but your ship is not and will never be due to cbs veto.
    that was just a suggestion to allow you to play it nonetheless.
    and a pretty good one i think since you could technically have the stats of an avenger in a connie.

and btw, i hate saucer separation.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As usual, I got very little response to my idea (which was on page 28 iirc).

I'll repost it here.
    Been thinking, why not bring in the connie (or miranda) as a t5 raider of sorts? While the KDF and rom raiders get to play with battle cloaks, the fed raider gets similar boff flexibility but swapping the cloak and a little turn for a higher shield mod (say, 0.99 instead of 0.8 or whatever) plus slightly tougher hull.

Connies and mirandas are comparatively small, flexible and agile ships no? Both featuring heavy forward armaments but relatively light aft armaments (rather like a bop).

The idea came to me when I read someone going on about how the feds already have too many cruisers for a t5 connie to fit in (and I agree). I also realised that the feds don't really have any raiders to speak of other than the breen and the aquarius.
    Hey, now here's an idea (that has probably been done to death already). Connie/miranda/something else 3 pack. Connie being more eng biased, miranda being tac biased and the other one being the sci biased boat.

As to why we saw mirandas in TNG/DS9/Voy, but no connies, I think it's due in some part to there being a lot more mirandas being built compared to the connie. I remember reading in several places that the miranda was originally intended as a smaller and cheaper alternative to the constitution.
    I need a beer.

• druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    T5 Connie/Miranda/other variant as Raiders? I approve.

If they can't use the TMP skins, why not create proper 2409-style variants?
    edited February 2014
    llywarch wrote: »
    Is there a petition or some place I could voice my favour for this? Ive been waiting for like 3 years for a T5 connie.

Yes there is! You can add your voice to the official CBS Star Trek Online Forum by clicking on my sig pic. Thanks for your support!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    T5 Connie/Miranda/other variant as Raiders? I approve.

If they can't use the TMP skins, why not create proper 2409-style variants?

I had the idea when I read someone suggest that there are already too many cruisers fed side. I figured that the connie and the miranda were both fairly agile and fast ships and that feds could use some raiders, but with their own spin on the concept.

I'm working on my concept layouts for the 3 pack (I'm thinking connie as the eng boat of the pack, the miranda as the tac boat and the akula class as the sci of the pack).
    I need a beer.

edited February 2014
    Watch,

They will allow a T5 connie, but it goes to the Klingons as they copy it out of mockery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xigbarg wrote: »
    Watch,

They will allow a T5 connie, but it goes to the Klingons as they copy it out of mockery.

Thanks to you, I just spilled the last glass of orange juice in the house. >_<
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited February 2014
    My apologies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • craxus78craxus78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please consider making the constitution class a skin for the Avenger Battle Cruiser.

Win for all.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    craxus78 wrote: »
    Please consider making the constitution class a skin for the Avenger Battle Cruiser.

Win for all.
    Long story short, CBS will not allow Cryptic to make a T5 Connie at this time.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1) Connie is fugly. AWAY WITH THE GARBAGE.

2) What thecosmic1 said.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry but no. And this is coming from a fan of the Original Series and of the Constitution Class. The Constitution, even as a skin is a no-go with CBS. Doesn't matter if it is the (TOS) Constitution, Constitution Refit, Excalibur, Exeter, or the Vesper; they are all hands off.

The Avenger's design, while not my favorite design, is the closest we will be able to get to it.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
    edited February 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Sorry but no. And this is coming from a fan of the Original Series and of the Constitution Class. The Constitution, even as a skin is a no-go with CBS. Doesn't matter if it is the (TOS) Constitution, Constitution Refit, Excalibur, Exeter, or the Vesper; they are all hands off.

They are not all hands off. Officially the only ship that has been mentioned was the TOS Connie. By a statement by Stahl who has said CBS has said no to that ship.

Everything else, including discussion about the Excalibur, Exeter and Vesper is pure conjecture made by people taking Stahl's comment out of context.

The Vesper and Excalibur don't even look anything like the Constitution class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    T5 Connie thread!, Kill it with fire! before it replicates itself again
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited February 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    T5 Connie thread!, Kill it with fire! before it replicates itself again

If you don't like the topic why have you:

1- Clicked on it? The title was pretty obvious.
    2- Made a comment in it? That only bumps it and keeps it active.

I have zero interest in PVP discussion. You know what I do to maintain that? I don't post in PVP threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They are not all hands off. Officially the only ship that has been mentioned was the TOS Connie. By a statement by Stahl who has said CBS has said no to that ship.

Everything else, including discussion about the Excalibur, Exeter and Vesper is pure conjecture made by people taking Stahl's comment out of context.

The Vesper and Excalibur don't even look anything like the Constitution class.

Except for the part where Geko in a Priority One interview said its pretty much never going to happen, even as a compromise. (when referring to an Excalibur)
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    T5 CONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, what thecosmic1 said: CBS said no.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    craxus78 wrote: »

Win for all.

Stop with the kirk fantasies mate.
  • quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This horse has been beaten since launch. Since launch. It's been beaten to death, buried, dug up, beaten again, flung in the Tiber, fished out, re-buried, then dug up again and beaten some more.

The Constitution is old and busted. The last ones were decommissioned more than a century ago. They're small and underpowered compared even to century-old Excelsior-class ships. And no, you cannot cram new technology into them, because they're designed for old equipment. They don't have the vertical space for a TNG-style warp core; they don't have the hull bracketing for beam arrays as opposed to the single beam emitters the old Enterprise carried. After a century of life, hull stress and sheer age would leave these aging hulks weak and in dire need of maintenance.

The Constitution only makes sense if it is a ship pulled out of mothballs for in-system defense and close-in missions by a Starfleet fighting multiple wars and in desperate need of ships to backfill non-critical missions while the modern warships go to the front. This is why we only play it in Sirius and Regulus sector, and maybe a little along the Klingon border if things get really desperate. It is not a Captain's ship, it is a ship given to a Lieutenant Commander to lug cargo and protect colonies from pirates because Starfleet is desperate for ships now, even ancient hunks of junk that can no longer fight. It may stand up to similarly aging birds of prey. It will not stand up to a Borg cube, or an 8472 dreadnought, or the Voth, or the Tholians.

The horse is dead. Dismount.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
This discussion has been closed.