test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    We have a dreamer amongst us, he said account wide.... ;):D

Let us laugh good sir!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Will it at least be account-wide this time?

What do you think? :cool:
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New free content with cool rewards?

Booo!!! Hiss!!!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Brandon you mentioned "ships," which obviously means more than one, how many are going to be offered?

Hmm? 400 gift package isn't that bad, any tidbits on how long the actual daily going to take to complete?

OK, I am speculating a canon Intrepid Bridge somewhere in there; hoping
    Ships means one per faction, meaning 3 ships. That should have been obvious, in any event.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):mad::eek::confused:

Put the Enterprise Maco outfit on the C-store... I'll take that as my anniversery igft.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Only half of the time ;) More info soon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ship class Hulk. When affected by Gamma Radiation it turns from a normal SCIentist to an enrgagec TACtical ship.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG ! an anniversary event that we have to earn by doing dailies ?

Dear Captains thank you for your loyalty for the last 4 years ,have a new ship...oh by the way you have to log in every day for x amount of days to get it.

or

Dear wife,happy 4th anniversary i've bought you a necklace ,but you need to run for 5 mins every day to get all the pieces of it,however if you go and spend some of your own money you can get all the pieces now.
    You're ok with that aren't you darling ? what the ....where are you going ?.......

Bad bad idea :mad:
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fair enough (not that i have any intention of giving up private info). but even 10 minutes for 1 character, even that is manageable for someone super busy. thats where my line ends.

Good luck to you. If I had 3 months to do it, I would not complain about having to do the same mission 152 times, but in two weeks? :(
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh wait, forgot something:

Reputation grind for free ship is OP, plz nerf!

:D
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Thats three characters.

I don't know what the mean average number of toons per player is, but I do know there are a lot with six toons plus.

I have fourteen, and I doubt I have the most.

So, for the sake of argument lets say the mean average is six.

To get the ships for all the toons you'd have to run it a total of 96 times.

Thing is, that isn't the scary bit.

The scary bit is running it six times in a row for two bloody weeks.

Do you think you're going to want this ship on six of your toons? I have 10 toons, but will probably only get it on 3 of them (one per faction), if even that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Being 100% honest here, don't you think we have enough grind already? even the STO anniversary needs grind now?
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So basically, if you're a player that only gets to casually play this game a few hours each weekend, you shouldn't even bother with trying to celebrate the event? Good to know. :rolleyes:
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fair enough (not that i have any intention of giving up private info). but even 10 minutes for 1 character, even that is manageable for someone super busy. thats where my line ends.

10 minutes to do the mission, 20 more just to get to get the damn mission

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sorry Bran, not good enough.

There is no justification for this grind at all. You are ruining everyones fun with these useless grinds, so please stop it.

This is not a good way for us to have fun, even if the 400 points do help a bit.

But why so low ammount as 40?? how abaout a 100 instead, to make it fell less like a grind??

This boggels the mind, it really does....
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    *looks at thread title* Why yes I will enjoy it. Thank you. Playing the game to get items for the game. Sounds perfect.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FE rewards were always obtained for free after doing a mission and then they added the summer/winter reputation grinds for unique rewards, now they've taken out the FE first time rewards and combined them with the grind. its a little ubalanced; where did our free first time rewards go? free has been replaced with work, I hope you can see why people might be upset about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Woe us. Another grind. Remind me; What was the purpose of this GAME?
    Thank Q, I have only focus on one character. The two alternatives I run can go play with their digits. :confused:

for me, the only purpose of having alternates is more and more obvious every day. -> Dilithiumgrinding. That's it.

Yes. I failed by buying into the Legacy Pack. W-h-a-t-a-w-a-s-t-e when my reman is being downsized to a miningtool.
    /Floozy
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    of all these grinds the summer was most fun simply because there was a bit of variety in what you had to do

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't mind if the daily grind takes minute like the Winter Event, but I smell this being a painful daily one for 15 days.
    edited January 2014
    Wife read blog and is packing my bags..... time to move away from PC.... :D
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you think you're going to want this ship on six of your characters? I have 10 characters, but will probably only get it on 3 of them (one per faction), if even that.

Exactly. Why are you people running these projects on *every* character you have? If you want less of a grind then stop maintaining a billion characters.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Good luck to you. If I had 3 months to do it, I would not complain about having to do the same mission 152 times, but in two weeks? :(

once long ago, pre-f2p, i was grinding a kdf toon to level 50, this was before kdf got any menaingful content and spectres was out, man i must of ran that about 500 times over 3 missions within a 25-30 minute rotation occasionally leaving 5 minutes between each total to get through the grades. never did something like that before and havent done anything like that since. not sure how long it took, maybe 5 days, that included through the nights. i doubt this will be anywhere near that. 15 times per toon within 10 minutes each, total of 2 hours and 30 minutes over 2 weeks. pretty much pennies in the grand scheme of things.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited January 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Exactly. Why are you people running these projects on *every* character you have? If you want less of a grind then stop maintaining a billion characters.

How many characters do you have?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Jeez, you're making me spill all the beans LOL

We have other giveaways planned that will lead up to the anniversary where you can just log-in and claim an item for free, like the summer giveaway last year -- more info on that soon, too. So there are some free, no-work-necessary items that will be given away.

Again, these ships are not your average anniversary ships -- you'll see that once you learn more about them. Due to this, there is a little bit more effort needed to give them away for free. They're per character, and they're optional. If you don't end up fancying them, you don't have to work on the projects. But if they do, and we think you will like them quite much, we're allowing you to earn them for FREE, but with a little side of effort.

Thanks for your support, and no more spoilers!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We have other giveaways planned that will lead up to the anniversary where you can just log-in and claim an item for free, like the summer giveaway last year -- more info on that soon, too. So there are some free, no-work-necessary items that will be given away.

I think thats the important information people were missing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Jeez, you're making me spill all the beans LOL

Again, these ships are not your average anniversary ships -- you'll see that once you learn more about them. Due to this, there is a little bit more effort needed to give them away for free. They're per character, and they're optional. If you don't end up fancying them, you don't have to work on the projects. But if they do, and we think you will like them quite much, we're allowing you to earn them for FREE, but with a little side of effort.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Please don't give away a Gal-X, I literally just bought it

Let me be at least one to say Thank you for the free ships, I will never complain about the free..... Well, other than my opening sentence
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you think you're going to want this ship on six of your toons? I have 10 toons, but will probably only get it on 3 of them (one per faction), if even that.

Well, I have three toons that will definitely do it because those three toons represent my ship collectors. One in each faction.

After that, it's looking at the specs of the ships once they're out.

They may fit one or more of my other toons.

However, another thought strikes me.

If we're looking at Q hosting this sort of thing on a regular basis, perhaps we don;t ned more than one currency to collect?

Instead of qmmendations, why aren't these things glossies of Q, ala WW?

Seriously what is lost by allowing players to use resources from one event where Q gives you a ship to get the ship from another event where Q is being generous?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Sorry Bran, not good enough.

There is no justification for this grind at all. You are ruining everyones fun with these useless grinds, so please stop it.

This is not a good way for us to have fun, even if the 400 points do help a bit.

But why so low ammount as 40?? how abaout a 100 instead, to make it fell less like a grind??

This boggels the mind, it really does....
    Thanks for speaking for me when I didn't give you the permission to do so (this is referring to the bolded part)... For me, I'm going to do whatever it takes to get the ships, even if it is to "grind" at doing that.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Daaawww... but those are the best. You should really make some sneak peaks or other teases more frequent. Something like "Tweet Leaks" featured on STOked back in the day. ;)
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So will these ships be available by any other means after the end of the event? It would be a shame if a new mechanic goes to waste since nobody can get the ships afterwards.

Ps. I guess we will finally be seeing love for Sci ships as its probably Voyager related mechanics :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles