test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    I may have faulty memory. But wasn't Final Fantasy Online required to go through the launcher?

DC Universe Online still requires a Launcher, too.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, since STO is the only game that I play that is related to Arc, I really don't need it, and I much prefer simply having the downloaded launcher. The only reason I have Arc installed is because of the occasional free stuff that's come up that you get for using it.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    I'm trying to get worked up about Arc and I'm failing. I've got 3TB of storage here, so I'm not going to be running out of space any time soon. O

I must be using a different version of Arc than some people because it doesn't "spam me with ads." I see information about the two games I play, and that's all. Steam, on the other hand, tries to sell me every game it has. If I didn't need it for Goat Simulator, I wouldn't have it.

Yeah, i haven't been able to generate any semi/fake fury either. I haven't had any performance or ad issues. The only thing difference I have had is the occassional free in-game item.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That brings a question. What ads are people seeing on ARC? The only ones I see are the same crawl of items from the regular launcher.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That brings a question. What ads are people seeing on ARC? The only ones I see are the same crawl of items from the regular launcher.

The same peanut labs scam...they promise something (zen) but in return you get nothing and they have your info.:mad:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same here. I've never seen any at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    Honestly, since STO is the only game that I play that is related to Arc, I really don't need it, and I much prefer simply having the downloaded launcher. The only reason I have Arc installed is because of the occasional free stuff that's come up that you get for using it.

It's the same with me and steam. The only reason I have it is because a small handful of franchises I got into way back route their content through it. Is that a bad thing? Well in that case yes because Steam can be an incredibly asinine program (separate issue of course) but in Arc's case its a relatively unobtrusive MMO hub that hopes to achieve a similar end. Maybe one day there will be more than STO that catches your fancy, but in the meantime there really isn't much to complain about besides having to do things slightly different now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yep. You see the "ads" then, lol.

You have to realize this Arc hate is hate for the sake of hate. All sorts of claims get made by people about it and none of them have once actually backed up a single claim with proof. Just the same repeated empty claims, an "I'll show you!" statement, silence for a few pages, and then sometimes a return to make the same empty claims.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Yep. You see the "ads" then, lol.

You have to realize this Arc hate is hate for the sake of hate. All sorts of claims get made by people about it and none of them have once actually backed up a single claim with proof. Just the same repeated empty claims, an "I'll show you!" statement, silence for a few pages, and then sometimes a return to make the same empty claims.

It is not hate for hates sake. The program does not hold any interest to us and we are not given a choice to use it or not we are being forced to use it in the near future. It does not do anything to benefit the game or me as a paying customer so why do I feel it's there way or the highway is because it is and if it comes down to using Arc or finding another game then I will choose the latter.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    It is not hate for hates sake. The program does not hold any interest to us and we are not given a choice to use it or not we are being forced to use it in the near future. It does not do anything to benefit the game or me as a paying customer so why do I feel it's there way or the highway is because it is and if it comes down to using Arc or finding another game then I will choose the latter.

I have it and it's not bad, still needs work on reliability but I'm with you, ARC serves no benefit to me other than the occasional freebee. Frankly it's a waste of space and resources but it'll be mandatory eventually so I give up and report what bugs I find in hopes it won't be a complete disaster when the final version is pushed.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    robeasom wrote: »

You launch it via the way the developers design them to be launched. A shift to Arc changes nothing as far as your "choices" go, you have the same freedom after as you did before. That you're ready to leave over a non-issue is just childish.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You launch it via the way the developers design them to be launched. A shift to Arc changes nothing as far as your "choices" go, you have the same freedom after as you did before. That you're ready to leave over a non-issue is just childish.

It is a waste of resources and of no use to customers so it is not childish it is a choice which I have the freedom to do. The only other option is to Use Steam but I believe even that will transfer in the future as well and I'm not the only one who thinks this look through the many pages there is so many people who think the same as I do.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    honestly im glad ARC is here it is very useful when clients like steam are unavailable so if your steam account is unavailable at the time just boot up ARC it gets the job done and i have seen no negative effects so far for using it
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1) Don't want it.
    2) Will leave if it ever becomes required to play.
    3) Quit ramming this s*** down people's throats.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • arthdaynearthdayne Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't log in through the Steam launcher for the past 12 hours.

I've tried changing my password several times and none of my passwords work... it always says "invalid login or password".

I was able to log in earlier last night.

Are we supposed to use some launcher other than Steam now?

-s
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why bother asking us for feed back? you do not respond to the vast majority who do not even want it, in the end its going to be forced on us weather we like it or not so really this is in a way is a waste of time, unless its very selective feed back thats needed then fair enough.
    edited May 2014
    mrgardener wrote: »
    Why bother asking us for feed back? you do not respond to the vast majority who do not even want it, in the end its going to be forced on us weather we like it or not so really this is in a way is a waste of time, unless its very selective feed back thats needed then fair enough.
    Selective feedback, as in "positive, and basically ignorant of the ramifications of such an unnecessary gateway."
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
    edited May 2014
    If you're fine with being required to install and run a piece of ad/spy/malware just to play a game, knock yourself out.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    If you're fine with being required to install and run a piece of ad/spy/malware just to play a game, knock yourself out.

It's not any of that, would everyone stop saying that?!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    honestly im glad ARC is here it is very useful when clients like steam are unavailable so if your steam account is unavailable at the time just boot up ARC it gets the job done and i have seen no negative effects so far for using it

..... wow, are u guys still doing this? I thought u knew we where on to you by now, hmm, ah well carry on. lol

http://davisenterprise.s3.amazonaws.com/files/2013/05/Davis.0507_img_12-1024x363.jpg
  • amaleenamaleen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kavase wrote: »
    This is probably one of the most lousiest implementation for a game I have ever seen. Any program or software that REQUIRES the use of another program all together, should come as an indication as a red flag to anyone.

We know at some point, "ARC" will be required to launch STO. Once again, STO never needed ARC before(it doesn't even now) to run, why now? This is a way of forcing you to use a program in which you may or may not use regardless if it benefits the player(which it doesn't). If ARC was as good as they say it is, then it would be left optional, as players would want to download ARC, it would in a sense 'speak for itself' product. It isn't, that's why it's being forced. This doesn't benefit the player in any way, in fact, it doesn't even benefit the game either, it only benefits PWE.

Anyone that can compare this with steam is just silly. Steam provides products of over three thousand games from all different companies while ARC is exclusive to PWE and only has, 12 to 13 titles that I can see as per their website. This ARC system isn't needed for just over half a dozen titles, it doesn't make any sense.

What's more nerve racking? Take this for example. Games for Windows Live is shutting down this year coming. They have over 70 titles which some would be of AAA class type games. Most of these games are in jeopardy of not working after the summer as they rely on GFWL authentication process for them to work. In most cases, these games just won't work anymore. This is Microsoft, and they had amazing titles and it wasn't enough to save it(and people for the most part are happy to see it go), what make ARC different? ARC is different than GFWL but in a bad kind of different but the point is ARC will be needed for these games to work. When it's shut down, so are all the other games including STO.

Even in a better case scenario, what if ARC is in need of maintenance? STO won't work. STO itself would still need its maintenance also. That means more down time overall.

You won't get any answers from the devs here. They are on ignore for all negative feedback. They are looking for feedback on ARC itself and how it looks and what could be changed about it, not, should this stay or should this go, PWE has already made up their minds.

I used arc. The game was eating memory already but now arc too eating it more so more lag now. Not just ARc but its browser which is USELESS application. The web which runs on the arc client keep using internet in background. I feel like Im choking. I JUST HAVE ONE question to ask to JADE TEAM? IS THIS GAME for people or for the jade team ? because if it for Jade team developers then they can play it the way they like it. I don't feel like any close to playing it. There are many other good games we came here for certain reason not to kill our self for the growing demands of PWE. A change is good for some good reasons. I m sure the decreasing number of players will tell them something before they loose even those WHO ARE PLAYING and WHO ARE LOGGED in . WAKE UP !! BEFORE the damage can't be repaired. ALL I WANT TO SAy.
    edited May 2014
    It's not any of that, would everyone stop saying that?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

EPIC LOL ...because we know better, and they know what they are getting. The secrets out now. Who says they HAVE to like what they are being force fed, not everyone will benefit from it so naturally thats why so many jeer. Sry pal, the pen IS blue!
  • kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It seems most players don't want ARC. I don't want Arc. Fork Arc.

Pretty simple
    edited May 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »

Basic launcher adds cookies and brings in ads for the game, same as Arc.
    The only way I see 'unwanted' ads is to have one of the other PWE games installed and you get to see ads for that game as well. But even then it was voluntary.

So I am going to ask. Can you provide proof of spy/malware? Anything at all that does not appear as opinion, please.

edited May 2014
    Basic launcher adds cookies and brings in ads for the game, same as Arc.
    The only way I see 'unwanted' ads is to have one of the other PWE games installed and you get to see ads for that game as well. But even then it was voluntary.

So I am going to ask. Can you provide proof of spy/malware? Anything at all that does not appear as opinion, please.

Well it is designed to monitor your systems closely and collect data duh, Ive provided proof a number of times to a number of jump-ins, even without me we all know it. PWI, ARC guys and a couple cryptics said so, even a few add-ins slipped up and admitted it. Its all around the mmo chats, that companys are wanting to be looking over your shoulders, naturally this would concern and in some cases repulse players. Especially since we are already tensed up about the government encroaching on us just the same way. Is it so wrong to want privacy and to feel safe from prying eyes?? I can picture me talking to some one online and it all being recorded by the NSA, my state government, google, microsoft, PWI, the guys in the ARC dept.... all saying to each other as i type, "he just did the cat smile again, he just said oh hai, now hes moving towards the mail device....hes typing...it says, stop following me....send out another add on the forums telling him we arent following him" XD

yes, im having fun and a good laugh^

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/forums/thread/393392/is-pw-spyware-now-mandatory-for-STO-.html

George Takei
    Shared publicly - 9:52 AM
    #Brave

Sometimes a few brave people taking a bold step together can change the future for everyone.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    Well it is designed to monitor your systems closely and collect data duh, Ive provided proof a number of times to a number of jump-ins, even without me we all know it. PWI, ARC guys and a couple cryptics said so, even a few add-ins slipped up and admitted it. Its all around the mmo chats, that companys are wanting to be looking over your shoulders, naturally this would concern and in some cases repulse players. Especially since we are already tensed up about the government encroaching on us just the same way. Is it so wrong to want privacy and to feel safe from prying eyes?? I can picture me talking to some one online and it all being recorded by the NSA, my state government, google, microsoft, PWI, the guys in the ARC dept.... all saying to each other as i type, "he just did the cat smile again, he just said oh hai, now hes moving towards the mail device....hes typing...it says, stop following me....send out another add on the forums telling him we arent following him" XD

I have yet to see any actual proof from... well, anyone, that ARC is spyware.

As such if you could provide some proof, I would greatly appreciate it. As-is I am unfond of Arc, but this may move me to Steam.
    edited May 2014
    red01999 wrote: »
    I have yet to see any actual proof from... well, anyone, that ARC is spyware.

As such if you could provide some proof, I would greatly appreciate it. As-is I am unfond of Arc, but this may move me to Steam.

Im actually here to try and help my fellow gamers, despite my jokes and lack of cooperation with ARC.. now before u think im here to troll, im only sharing info released by the company for those who didnt know....make up your own minds if your still cool with ARC or not, but below i have added a link to my signature for it. I personally find it an unnecessary violation of my pc, but i know not everyone minds it. But you should check up on these things before you click and accept any agreement and then add it to your pc! Dont be in such a hurry to accept any contract a business hands you, until you read and understand what it is and does, its just commons sense.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are utilities that can help confirm or refute the suspected spyware-y nature of ARC, or possibly spot or rule out ARC as the cause of other problems.

I don't have ARC (and I won't), but if someone who does have it installed wouldn't mind testing, maybe we could get some answers.

If you're fairly knowledgeable about Windows and its underpinnings, and have ARC installed, having one or more of the following utilities running when ARC & STO are launched (and while playing) should be informative. Not just about spyware, but also about performance.

- SysInternals Process Monitor (specifically for monitoring file access and/or changes)
    - SysInternals TCPView
    - a good packet sniffer application; I've heard WireShark is good, but haven't used it myself

Again, if I had ARC on my system, I'd do this myself. But I won't install it, knowing that it's likely a one-way thing.
    edited May 2014
    Silly question time.
    If the game developers want to clone my hard drive and spy on me. Why would they need a second program to do it? they already have a program I want on my computer. All they have to do is have part of it rooting around and cloning everything back to them through the firewall I opened for them in order to play the game.
    Heck all they need is to 'patch' the game client as it scans for broken bits and would infact be scanning your drive.

So why would they need the hassle of another program?

edited May 2014
    Silly question time.
    If the game developers want to clone my hard drive and spy on me. Why would they need a second program to do it? they already have a program I want on my computer. All they have to do is have part of it rooting around and cloning everything back to them through the firewall I opened for them in order to play the game.
    Heck all they need is to 'patch' the game client as it scans for broken bits and would infact be scanning your drive.

So why would they need the hassle of another program?

Just a guess, but seeing how popular and easy its become to put a collar on people these days, why not just make a program outright instead of going through the trouble of hiding it? No one would believe you had other intentions for the program since you gave them freebees and only really gave feedback and stood up for it through adds and puppets.

I imagine other interests could have a hand in it too, that could be why so many games are getting this overhaul too.

Im not saying jump into conspiracy mode, but its just the times we live in...its up to u if u wanna play along, or tell to go kiss a Wookie!

EDIT: for all u know i could be watching u for the NSA...well i did make "009Lives," thats Bond..Cat Bond, ill have a milk, shaken, not stirred! :3
This discussion has been closed.