What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dius - Good PvP Fight Thread:

Comments

• Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited December 2013
    i never said anything about foul play, as no rules were established before the match, all is fair.

i was just watching the thread and waiting for dius to fight someone i knew so i could get both sides of what 1v1's are about these days, and in this thread.

the thread title says good fights. and i seen a few....yet...as i stated...something was sitting wrong.

if all gloves off 1v1 is the way you guys are gearing it...well then have your fun. you will just miss out on the real challenges, and real 1v1 players in the game.

i applauded dius for his great attitude, and he should continue forth with his venture.

he just wont face the best out there, nor will anyone, if they are calling in nimbus and using ss pets in a 1v1.

have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2013
    i never said anything about foul play, as no rules were established before the match, all is fair.

i was just watching the thread and waiting for dius to fight someone i knew so i could get both sides of what 1v1's are about these days, and in this thread.

the thread title says good fights. and i seen a few....yet...as i stated...something was sitting wrong.

if all gloves off 1v1 is the way you guys are gearing it...well then have your fun. you will just miss out on the real challenges, and real 1v1 players in the game.

i applauded dius for his great attitude, and he should continue forth with his venture.

he just wont face the best out there, nor will anyone, if they are calling in nimbus and using ss pets in a 1v1.

have fun kill bad guys

Thank you for your comments and feedback...
    Hope to see you in game some time.

Give my regards to Marcello, again Gf.

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dius1981 wrote: »

Give my regards to Marcello, again Gf.

D,

@CaptainHorizon

i dont frequent kerrat much anymore...but i come out of the woods for good 1v1's.

have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @CaptainHorizon

i dont frequent kerrat much anymore...but i come out of the woods for good 1v1's.

have fun kill bad guys

If you can call fighting drone pets a good fight, they are the worst thing in the game. It's like fighting a Recluse in 1v1 with the Recluse using Elite Interceptors and constantly running to 12km. With a Scimitar, it's worse, especially an auxiliary to battery build along with that clear all debuffs warp core engineer.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you can call fighting drone pets a good fight, they are the worst thing in the game. It's like fighting a Recluse in 1v1 with the Recluse using Elite Interceptors and constantly running to 12km. With a Scimitar, it's worse, especially an auxiliary to battery build along with that clear all debuffs warp core engineer.

dood major i was disagreeing with the pets, not agreeing man.
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2013
    the real challenges, and real 1v1 players in the game.

I was with ya right up to the "real". Change "real" to "different" or "other" and I can concur.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    roxbad wrote: »
    I was with ya right up to the "real". Change "real" to "different" or "other" and I can concur.

understood, concur.

everyone has what they consider acceptable and not.
  • Options
    breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Interesting thread, and some nice vids too.

I was wondering how you select which matches to post up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One of the first things I disabled when I started PvP'ing was the "Auto Target Pets" option. When you're fighting a spam maven like Dius, you need to keep your focus on him, not his drones/nimbus/whatever.

In practice, when he cloaks or placates me, I just keep mashing on the spacebar and hitting the Tab key until I get a lock. And since the pet auto-targeting is disabled, it's always on his ship - everything else is ignored (unless I activated BFAW first, in which case I have to wait for the cycle to end).

Note: The same holds true for multi-ship engagements. You want to be selecting only valid targets and not wasting valuable buffs (e.g. FOMM) on the other team's spam... :)

RCK
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    breygorn wrote: »
    Interesting thread, and some nice vids too.

I was wondering how you select which matches to post up?

Ty my friend.
    I post all my fights, if there is a victor...

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    jangoak47jangoak47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know you can only have 2 drones out at a time right? That is Hardly Spam.

And even your scrambled in a 1v1 what is it affecting? If you notice you need to use HE or TSS and youve been scrambled just take the .00005 secs it takes to click yourself to ensure your heals go to you instead of him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    jangoak47 wrote: »
    You know you can only have 2 drones out at a time right? That is Hardly Spam.

And even your scrambled in a 1v1 what is it affecting? If you notice you need to use HE or TSS and youve been scrambled just take the .00005 secs it takes to click yourself to ensure your heals go to you instead of him

its not so much healing yourself actually....

the SS is bouncing you off your selected target on alpha runs as well. making you target a pet instead of the piloted ship....or in this players case....you are targeting a nimbus pirate also nuking you.

very valid tactic in 5v5....but if the piloted ship also has a placate rep bonus....the math starts to add up quickly vs ships that are not another tac in a scimi.

it is a darn powerful ship....prolly the best fitted ship out there....very diverse, hits hella hard, and battlecloak to dip out and heal when needed. quite a monster.

have fun killl bad guys
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think someone may have mentioned this early. But if you go into your settings and turn of the Pet targetting setting, that would eliminate that problem all together. Rep placate is gonna happen but if you run the Cleansing Warp Core Engineer you can shrug off subnukes.

Furthermore if you see someone pop nimbus pirates you can actually fly away from them so they can't subnuke you lol. There is such thing as a tactical retreat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tactical retreats outside of 10 clicks in a 1v1 are also in my opinion poor form. If players did this matches would never end. At least they shouldn't. Evasive maneuvers has a very short cooldown.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    -
    lol, my opinion on the matter is still the same as it was 2 pages ago guys...
    Just my opinion of course but, I wouldn't go into a fight asking the other player not to use a certain ability, or to 'dumb their ship down' to justify my lack of adaptation.

If you cloak a lot in a fight, or use any pets / ability against me, then 'I' have to change my game, usually while in the same instance... If I want to win.

To that end, I have fought a couple of Transphasic built T'Varo's that were both constantly cloaked through the engagement.

As well as other Scimitars with elite pets & also Jemi Dread Carriers using both Bug pets as well as Yellowstones Runabouts.

Didn't whine about it, I adapted.

The only limitations I put on myself or my opponent, are the ones set by the Dev team and by extension, build into the game itself...

Everything else goes...

D,

You can by all means ask your opponent to, Dumb their ship / tactics & or abilities down if you wish.

That is your choice & I respect that...

All I ask is that you respect my way of fighting, in exchange, which is NO RESTRICTIONS!

Do what you can to survive & win, I will do the same.
    And if it's a draw or I lose, then I will say GF, well played.

To that end, can we now please stop wiping the bones of this dead horse, and move on with our lives... =P

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you don't have to means to chase down and finish your target then you dont deserve the kill in the first place.
    That and Both players have Evasive maneuvers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tactical retreats outside of 10 clicks in a 1v1 are also in my opinion poor form. If players did this matches would never end. At least they shouldn't. Evasive maneuvers has a very short cooldown.

Whaaat? I mean c'mon, this is like trying to tell a boxer not to duck in a fight... i mean its pure tactic that if someone or several players go all out on you, and the only thing you dont have on cooldown is evasive manuveurs, you use it man.. its just silly saying anything else. Get away, take 5 seconds to get a heal up, and then fly back in. Thats a fair part of the game, saying anything else is just silly beyond reason. Same goes for cloak, if you got it, use it for what its worth.

Why do people always complain about this and that when loosing a challenge, or even getting killed in kerrat. Sometimes people get lucky, and sometimes there might just be someone that actually have a more effiecient build than yours, and also perhaps, just maybe is a better player. There will ALWAYS be someone that is better than you out there, so if you come across them. Just freakking accept it, and move on, or perhaps just maybe if your up for it, try creating something that is better, and try to get moe experience and become a better player. Because watching Marcello flying the bugship the way he did, just shows that he needs to rethink his build, and try to actually use the speed of the bugship for his advantage instead of trying to go head to head with the ship that has the potential to do most burst/dps damage in this game.
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow. Couple panties in a bunch up there. If you read my posts, you will notice, hopefully, that wasn't any intent of mine.

I again salute dius for the way he approaches the game and this thread. A couple of the other responders up here I would think may need to reconsider their communication style.

After 4 years of great dogfights vs many players, as I stated before, I was looking for some possible new challenges. For me, it doesn't look like I will find them here. But for others that wish this type of 1v1 I'm sure the game is on.

My suggestions tho, if you want to battle a scimi 1v1, get in one yourself. Gonna be a tough one if not.

Again dius sorry if derailed your thread a bit.

Have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    torach wrote: »
    Whaaat? I mean c'mon, this is like trying to tell a boxer not to duck in a fight... i mean its pure tactic that if someone or several players go all out on you, and the only thing you dont have on cooldown is evasive manuveurs, you use it man.. its just silly saying anything else. Get away, take 5 seconds to get a heal up, and then fly back in. Thats a fair part of the game, saying anything else is just silly beyond reason. Same goes for cloak, if you got it, use it for what its worth.

Why do people always complain about this and that when loosing a challenge, or even getting killed in kerrat. Sometimes people get lucky, and sometimes there might just be someone that actually have a more effiecient build than yours, and also perhaps, just maybe is a better player. There will ALWAYS be someone that is better than you out there, so if you come across them. Just freakking accept it, and move on, or perhaps just maybe if your up for it, try creating something that is better, and try to get moe experience and become a better player. Because watching Marcello flying the bugship the way he did, just shows that he needs to rethink his build, and try to actually use the speed of the bugship for his advantage instead of trying to go head to head with the ship that has the potential to do most burst/dps damage in this game.

i agree at 200%, in 1vs1 there are many componentes that work better or worse against a type or other of builds or professions, A works better to B but fails completely against C, this is why most people dont like 1vs1 or usually only do it with similar ships/builds, like the classic dogfight, i actually found dius at kerrat, first time i did even speak to him, he seems to know what he is doing, i used my cheesy nebula against him and he crushed it even before i used my 8 cheese consoles, the point is, if you accept, adapt, and try, test, fight, and move on, you will certainly learn something with it and actually get better

and yes, there is allways someone better than us ... i bet he is Q !
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    In any case, people who challenged dius knew what they were getting into.

While I don't agree with everything you're saying...

I'm glad I didn't have to bring that up my friend.

I again salute dius for the way he approaches the game and this thread. A couple of the other responders up here I would think may need to reconsider their communication style.

After 4 years of great dogfights vs many players, as I stated before, I was looking for some possible new challenges. For me, it doesn't look like I will find them here. But for others that wish this type of 1v1 I'm sure the game is on.

My suggestions tho, if you want to battle a scimi 1v1, get in one yourself. Gonna be a tough one if not.

Again dius sorry if derailed your thread a bit.

Have fun kill bad guys

Not at all bro, on the contray you have done me a service.
    Even if I don't entirely agree with your approach... =P

The issues you have raised were bound to come up at some point.

So thank you for getting it out of the way now...

I, as well as others it would appear, simply dont subscibe to the way 'some' PvP'ers operate.
    10km radius, no cloak, no pet, Etc etc...

"The only limitations I put on myself or my opponent, are the ones set by the Dev team and by extension, build into the game itself... Everything else goes..."

Im sorry you believe you wont find any 'new challenges here' but I believe you will be surprised by quite a few people listed within this thread.

And personally, to say that without even fighting some of them, I consider to be quite arrogant.

Please, if you have time of course... watch what I consider to be a few of the best fights I've had thus far....

Page: #6

20th December 2013: #2
    Veruslsrael Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_w4GiGoVTk&feature=youtu.be

Page: #2

12th Decemver 2013:
    Daniel Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTbVy6e_v_U

Page: #4

18th December 2013:
    Torach Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTae0R0o2M&feature=youtu.be

All different ships, all different builds, all great players...

And just for the record....
    I lose the last one 'Torach Vs Dius'

Breen Destroyer Vs Scimitar, so your suggestion: - "if you want to battle a scimi 1v1, get in one yourself. Gonna be a tough one if not." is flawed.

Anywayz... =P

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I actually found dius at kerrat, first time i did even speak to him, he seems to know what he is doing, i used my cheesy nebula against him and he crushed it even before i used my 8 cheese consoles, the point is, if you accept, adapt, and try, test, fight, and move on, you will certainly learn something with it and actually get better

and yes, there is allways someone better than us ... i bet he is Q !

Good fight earlier, Prime.

And yes, Adaptation is key.

"You will only ever get better, by fighting a better opponent."

I think the problem really is most choose to view a loss as exactly that, a loss ergo a hit to one's ego...

But if you view it as an experience to be learned from... You gain from it.
    And come back stronger.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ya dood, i figured it would be a destroyer type build to compete if not a scimi...

i was thinking a tac mobius with tbr to fight off pets while ignoring them... maybe tif or some mine stuffs....

edit: and i did say it would be a tough one..not impossible....just tougher than most.

anyways, gl man.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ya dood, i figured it would be a destroyer type build to compete if not a scimi...

i was thinking a tac mobius with tbr to fight off pets while ignoring them... maybe tif or some mine stuffs....

anyways, gl man.

Ty mate,

And again, thank you for your comments and feedback...
    Stay safe...

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    18th December 2013:
    Torach Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTae0R0o2M&feature=youtu.be

All different ships, all different builds, all great players...

And just for the record....
    I lose the last one 'Torach Vs Dius'

Breen Destroyer Vs Scimitar, so your suggestion: - "if you want to battle a scimi 1v1, get in one yourself. Gonna be a tough one if not." is flawed.
    Seems to me you lost because you didnt use the same strategy of cloaking immediately after launching your pets.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Seems to me you lost because you didnt use the same strategy of cloaking immediately after launching your pets.

Maybe, or maybe I lost because on the day, Torach was the better player...

Fact is, there are many reasons why I lost said challenge.
    I don't believe you can really contribute that to one thing or another though, especially just that lol =)

Just so you know...

I could use Jam Sensors then launch pets...

I could use Photonic Displacer then launch pets.

I could use Subspace Integration Circuit then launch pets.

Or, I could simply launch my pets, while cloaked.

There are many options that get the same result, not all of them requires a cloak my friend.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • Options
    great4agesgreat4ages Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hey dius, gg man. yes i called your build a noob build. its just a fact. im not calling you a noob. thats just 2 different things. i have target pets off. i have no clue why my ship would lock on to them. it seems its just rom drones that bugs out that option.

yes the devs put this into game so i understand why you say you would use it. i fly in 1v1 with the gent agreement. i always have. its why you dont see me use t4 nuke rep. you cant resist the placate. you get an immunity yes, but you cant resist it with skill tree spec. as you can see in my vid, the whole match was just hard to see you because of it. im not complaining about jam. but to cloak up when your just about to die? you can do that all game and just never die.

sorry but thats lame. we are far from the bop days. the bop was good at spike. less hull and sheild hp. your rom ship on the other hand has very good shild and hull hp. has everything it needs to get away from death and all the dps in the world. if i wanted i could redo my ship to give better resist and win against you every time. but why would i do that? going against that type of play style in 1v1 is just not fun.

also you cant say its cool to run out of 10km and try to say thats the same thing as a boxer ducking shots. a boxer is in a ring and cant run away.

also on a side note, dont think im being agresive or some how trying to down your win. if anything our match proved my point about this game and how pvp is going. the players are different and the thoughts on how pvp are different. my thoughts are vaild just as much as yours. im not here to play police in pvp. i just have a distaste for how this game is going. i miss the old days of pvp team and 1v1 when the skill lvl was higher and the cheese was alot lower. its why i dont pvp anymore.
  • Options
    risingstorm1risingstorm1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    great4ages wrote: »
    hey dius, gg man. yes i called your build a noob build. its just a fact. im not calling you a noob. thats just 2 different things. i have target pets off. i have no clue why my ship would lock on to them. it seems its just rom drones that bugs out that option.

yes the devs put this into game so i understand why you say you would use it. i fly in 1v1 with the gent agreement. i always have. its why you dont see me use t4 nuke rep. you cant resist the placate. you get an immunity yes, but you cant resist it with skill tree spec. as you can see in my vid, the whole match was just hard to see you because of it. im not complaining about jam. but to cloak up when your just about to die? you can do that all game and just never die.

sorry but thats lame. we are far from the bop days. the bop was good at spike. less hull and sheild hp. your rom ship on the other hand has very good shild and hull hp. has everything it needs to get away from death and all the dps in the world. if i wanted i could redo my ship to give better resist and win against you every time. but why would i do that? going against that type of play style in 1v1 is just not fun.

also you cant say its cool to run out of 10km and try to say thats the same thing as a boxer ducking shots. a boxer is in a ring and cant run away.

i agree with this ^^
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2013
    i agree with this ^^

I don't. To me it comes across as a little bitter and irrational.
This discussion has been closed.