edited December 2013
    Ill just leave this here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLP1KLLMK0

Good Fight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hahah! I made the list, woot! woot!
    But in all honesty, there is nothing a lowly little torp bost can do against a well built Faw scimitar. At least it's a good video
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited December 2013
    18th December 2013:
    Torach Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTae0R0o2M&feature=youtu.be

Another great fight...
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, It was a close call all the way during that fight.. this could of gone both ways at any point.. great fight Dius. I'm looking forward to our future challenges. :)

And it was sad that you where not able to record the whole fight....
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
    edited December 2013
    torach wrote: »
    Yeah, It was a close call all the way during that fight.. this could of gone both ways at any point.. great fight Dius. I'm looking forward to our future challenges. :)

And it was sad that you where not able to record the whole fight....

I know mate, I hadn't deleted my last 12 or so movies form my external so had pretty much maxed it out even before the fight started. My apologies for that.

None the less, you won fair and square...

As I said at the beginning of this fight, you will learn more from a loss then you will a victory.

I certainly learned a frew things from this loss such as, its never a free ride and don't underestimate my opponent.
    Which if I am honest, I most certainly did with you, Sir.

Great fight, great build & great tactics....

And now, another friend to learn from =)

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited December 2013
    dius1981 wrote: »
    I know mate, I hadn't deleted my last 12 or so movies form my external so had pretty much maxed it out even before the fight started. My apologies for that.

None the less, you won fair and square...

As I said at the beginning of this fight, you will learn more from a loss then you will a victory.

I certainly learned a frew things from this loss such as, its never a free ride and don't underestimate my opponent.
    Which if I am honest, I most certainly did with you, Sir.

Great fight, great build & great tactics....

And now, another friend to learn from =)

D,

Yeah, people might considder me one of the largest "trolls" on zonechat in kerrat.. but I always done that to get people to attack me with alpha-decloaks, basicly to test how i can survice them. And I have to admit, you and maybe a couple of other players always seemed to catch me off guard and tear me apart.

So with that information at hand, and in a challenge 1vs1 i basicly know that "soon" someone *will* wait and watch till my buffs are gone to decloak and strike. With that information, and that I knew you might underestimate me, I think i had the upper hand there already. I hope in our next battle you will go all out from the start. :)

ps. when my breen energy dissipator proc'ed and disabled your shields, and basicly everything got timed at the perfect moment, the word "YESS!" popped out quite loudly from my mouth. Sometimes you just get lucky with the timing.

I would love to compare notes on builds some time. :)
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
    edited December 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dius1981 wrote: »
    19th November 2013:
    Firoek Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO0CE3TqK98

So this is what I look like on a system with a decent FPS!!!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Finally! I'm glad someone posted one of these threads, the vids are my entertainment :). thanks!
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited December 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    Finally! I'm glad someone posted one of these threads, the vids are my entertainment :). thanks!

I prefer to think of these vids as a training tool, for myself as well as my opponents.

However, I am pleased you like them none the less my friend.
    irwin109 wrote: »
    So this is what I look like on a system with a decent FPS!!!

OMG I remember this fight, my fleet mates ripped me a new one for being a complete noob lol.

Go to 06:18 in the movie, when I switch my weapons type over form Anti Proton too Phasers...

I was using Anti Proton weapons with Phaser Tac Consoles for the first part of the engagement.

Such a tool =)
    torach wrote: »
    I would love to compare notes on builds some time. :)

I usually play laying down for the most part - true story =)

You made me sit up and take notice, I love being surprised in PvP challenges and you certainly did that in abundance.

I am always in Ker'rat mate, just yell in zone chat to wake me up, from time to time... =P

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kinda lost me when people started complaining about placate.
    "Placate replacing skill since LoR"
    edited December 2013
    19th December 2013:
    Richard Bryle Pelonio taub Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9cwiI31LCQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited December 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice thread! Thanks Dius!

Please don't forget to tell people they are being taped. I would have appreciated a note at least. Especially when flying a build that's not been built for classic dog-fight PvP. ;)
    edited December 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Nice thread! Thanks Dius!

Please don't forget to tell people they are being taped. I would have appreciated a note at least. Especially when flying a build that's not been built for classic dog-fight PvP. ;)

Np my friend, I will bare that in mind in future...

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OMG I remember this fight, my fleet mates ripped me a new one for being a complete noob lol.

Go to 06:18 in the movie, when I switch my weapons type over form Anti Proton too Phasers...

I was using Anti Proton weapons with Phaser Tac Consoles for the first part of the engagement.

Such a tool =)
    [/QUOTE]

ROFL. You still beat me and I think that's all that counts XD
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
    edited December 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    ROFL. You still beat me and I think that's all that counts XD

Well that, an a couple of other things, firstly we had fun and I would hope to think we both learned something from the challenge.

For me it was 'CHECK MY TAC CONSOLES' before the start of every fight =)

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Had a fun match with you tonight, Dius. I know it was a 0-0 stalemate (though I have a feeling I could have worn you down after a while), but still it was entertaining. Not good enough for the highlight reel, I guess, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for the match!

RCK (a.k.a. Jacob Lightener of the U.S.S. BFAW DEM Hacker)
    edited December 2013
    rck01 wrote: »
    Had a fun match with you tonight, Dius. I know it was a 0-0 stalemate (though I have a feeling I could have worn you down after a while), but still it was entertaining. Not good enough for the highlight reel, I guess, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for the match!

I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend...

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    FYI, dius only posts select videos to gloat and for ego stroking. In fact, he gets killed very often in Kerrat, sometimes by a single ship or even one shoted by BO or web mines quite a number of times. But unlike him, we are not going to post those death screenshots and pretend they are somekind of "educational tool", unlike someone who gloated so much that his posts were deleated by branflakes himself but of course we are not going to name that person no matter whom he may be. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the match!

Notice your video is "absent"? It would seem such a match would be very educational for the whole world to see, isn't it?
    edited December 2013
    Nice vids, great music. Love the guy that said you can't use cloak in 1v1 lol. Borg tractor seems to work well;)

Not only that, he fled outside of 10KM distance, which is another no no in 1 vs 1. Others have told me privately dius did that again in other supposed "1 vs 1" Why don't you ask around in this pvp forum since you clearly don't know the rules of engagement in 1 vs 1 pvp. No cloak and no fleeing outside of 10KM are pretty standard. Doing so = automatic forfeit.
  • roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Not only that, he fled outside of 10KM distance, which is another no no in 1 vs 1. Others have told me privately dius did that again in other supposed "1 vs 1" Why don't you ask around in this pvp forum since you clearly don't know the rules of engagement in 1 vs 1 pvp. No cloak and no fleeing outside of 10KM are pretty standard. Doing so = automatic forfeit.

lol The game already has the rules built-in. Anything else has to be agreed on by the players before each match.

Otherwise each player does whatever it takes to win.

And I don't think I'd ever agree to not fleeing out of weapon range. That's just silly.
    edited December 2013
    While I would generally agree with Iskandus' definition of the "rules" for 1v1 engagements, I always do my best to meet (and hopefully defeat) opponents on their own terms.

For example, when Dius continually cloaked or flew out of range to avoid destruction, I took it in stride and simply adjusted my tactics to be more aggressive when he was visible/in-range. And when I realized his only real attack mode of consequence was his decloak-alpha strike, I made sure to hold critical defensive buffs - like RSP, SFM, PH and ET - in reserve so I could quickly recover from whatever spike damage I received.

Bottom Line: Beating him at his own game (and it was close - I had him well below 50% hull on numerous occasions before he cloaked/ran), so to speak, is even more satisfying than simply pounding him into the ground in a toe-to-toe slug fest.

A well-known veteran player recently complimented me for playing (and, occasionally, dying) with "honor." No whining from this corner...I'll fight you whenever, wherever and however you like... :)

RCK
    edited December 2013
    FYI, dius only posts select videos to gloat and for ego stroking. In fact, he gets killed very often in Kerrat, sometimes by a single ship or even one shoted by BO or web mines quite a number of times. But unlike him, we are not going to post those death screenshots and pretend they are somekind of "educational tool", unlike someone who gloated so much that his posts were deleated by branflakes himself but of course we are not going to name that person no matter whom he may be. :rolleyes:

&
    Notice your video is "absent"? It would seem such a match would be very educational for the whole world to see, isn't it?

&

GF Iskandus, my friend...

27th November 2013: #4
    Iskan Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyQTwUvehY

If you ever want to, try again... Just let me know =)
    roxbad wrote: »
    lol The game already has the rules built-in. Anything else has to be agreed on by the players before each match.

Otherwise each player does whatever it takes to win.

And I don't think I'd ever agree to not fleeing out of weapon range. That's just silly.

+1 on that bud, I wouldn't go into a fight asking the other player not to use a certain ability, or to 'dumb their ship down' to justify my lack of adaptation.

If you cloak a lot in a fight then 'I' have to change my game, usually while in the same instance... If I want to win.

To that end, I have fought a couple of Transphasic built T'Varo's that were both constantly cloaked through the engagement.

Didn't whine about it, I adapted.

A well-known veteran player recently complimented me for playing (and, occasionally, dying) with "honor." No whining from this corner...I'll fight you whenever, wherever and however you like... :)

I would agree, with that...

And I am pleased you enjoyed the challenge.
    Hit me up in game if you ever want to try again bro...

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited December 2013
    20th December 2013:
    Noble 1 Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ZdM02-ltk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited December 2013
    20th December 2013: #2
    Veruslsrael Vs Dius
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_w4GiGoVTk&feature=youtu.be

Another great fight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited December 2013
    A common thread I've noticed throughout these videos is that everyone is searching for that one, esoteric build that will allow them to overcome the traditional star ship configuration. And given an inexperienced opposing captain and a bit of luck, they sometimes succeed.

But I've run into just about every type of exotic attack - including some very nasty FBP-wielding Sci builds - and I've yet to see anything that would make me want to abandon my rather bland FAHCR. Virtually all of these one-trick ponies trade balance for some perceived "advantage" that has a very narrow window of effectiveness. I'm thinking Minimax's giant electric "love gun" as well as more traditional de-cloak-and-alpha approaches.

If they get me on that one, critical pass, it's most likely because I made a mistake (missed a key, typed into chat, etc.) or they caught me in Ker'rat with my defensive buffs on CD from a previous engagement. But barring one of those possibilities, it's very hard to quickly take down a seasoned player in a well-balanced, traditional build (I'm talking a run-of-the-mill A2B cruiser or similar).

Which is why I find all of these videos showing quick kills from Dius using de-cloak alpha strikes so alarming. I survived literally dozens of those over the course of a fairly lengthy engagement with him, and I never came close to folding like some of the ships featured here. This leads me to believe that either their builds were fundamentally flawed (not enough hull strength or resistance) or that the the captains in question seriously screwed-up (live by RSP, die by RSP).

All of which leads me to conclude that ultimate victory belongs to those who invest their energies in developing their skills and timing vs. grinding for that next exotic weapon or console. :)

RCK
    edited December 2013
    A common thread I've noticed throughout these videos is that everyone is searching for that one, esoteric build that will allow them to overcome the traditional star ship configuration. And given an inexperienced opposing captain and a bit of luck, they sometimes succeed.

But I've run into just about every type of exotic attack - including some very nasty FBP-wielding Sci builds - and I've yet to see anything that would make me want to abandon my rather bland FAHCR. Virtually all of these one-trick ponies trade balance for some perceived "advantage" that has a very narrow window of effectiveness. I'm thinking Minimax's giant electric "love gun" as well as more traditional de-cloak-and-alpha approaches.

If they get me on that one, critical pass, it's most likely because I made a mistake (missed a key, typed into chat, etc.) or they caught me in Ker'rat with my defensive buffs on CD from a previous engagement. But barring one of those possibilities, it's very hard to quickly take down a seasoned player in a well-balanced, traditional build (I'm talking a run-of-the-mill A2B cruiser or similar).

Which is why I find all of these videos showing quick kills from Dius using de-cloak alpha strikes so alarming. I survived literally dozens of those over the course of a fairly lengthy engagement with him, and I never came close to folding like some of the ships featured here. This leads me to believe that either their builds were fundamentally flawed (not enough hull strength or resistance) or that the the captains in question seriously screwed-up (live by RSP, die by RSP).

All of which leads me to conclude that ultimate victory belongs to those who invest their energies in developing their skills and timing vs. grinding for that next exotic weapon or console. :)

RCK

If most of your cooldowns are counting, basicly anyone can decloak and alpha-strike you down in kerrat.

That being said, cudos to your build rck01, you are one of the few players I have yet to beat 1vs1. Your ship is a fine balance between protection, and just enough dps to keep people using up their heals. My problem is that after a while fighting against someone with alot of protection that I can't penetrate (gigidy), i get bored and take alot of risks. But I think you already noticed this behaviour from me in our fights?

Dius! Did he ever link you that thread of 10000+ views about his ship-build? That would be interessting to see. :)
    edited December 2013

Well, Dius did post the video from the fight where I did beat him. And i think the sole reason for dius making this thread is to catch attention, wich he certainly did.
This discussion has been closed.