test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• johnj79johnj79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I went in on tribble to just play a bit - had a hard time to find someone to make a team - finaly found a nice guy and killed some voth...

but (there allways must be a but hehe) after playing 10min we got the info that tribble is going down for maintenance in 30min... so we played another 25min and went out....

gameplay was ok

here some info about hardware and software Im using and what I have done since that crazy season 8...

using an old pentium 4 cpu 3,2GHz
    3 GB RAM
    Win XP
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
    nothing special (this computer is old only the Nvidia i got some months ago)

what Ive done:

reinstalled directX 9
    updated java
    installed actual video card drivers for my NVIDIA
    installed STO completly new using ARC (but not using it to start the game - have a shortcut to desktop)
    patched holodeck and tribble

- not sure that anything of it was necessary - game was running before season 8 without any problems ;)

but you know, its like taking an other road insted of standing in the jam - it might take you longer than standing and waiting - but on the other road you r moving and that is a much better feeling ;)

PS: my holodeck is still not running - only tribble
  • lairdleolairdleo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Just as it did for many of us on Tribble, Holodeck is crashing upon load up. Let's start at the beginning.

I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. Since the server wasn't up I expected that it would close the shard and send me back to the log-in prompt. It launched, the music started and *crash* back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt.

Ticket #25992675

well got to laoding characters crash and have since been able to get that far get 3/4 way loaded in the Cryptic screen then crashes and reset and restarted everything now can't get past 3/4 load up in the Cryptic screen any idea's?:(
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I get back in I'll Create a channel called OrderofPersistance. That is if the other guy who's gonna create the VOL or VOTL channel doesnt do it.

Once its created I'll post a thread in Ten Forward titled Persistant Officers Report. Post your @handle and I'll send out invites, or you can join directly. And just to verify that you are a PO Only put in your @handle nothing else unless you need the /10.

How about Risa for a meeting place?

This is a great idea.... we need to remember and post this idea so that anyone in the thread not currently available will know... i suppose i could put it in my sig if i have room... for them to contact you, or I or the president of OOS
    lol
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • azeitadoazeitado Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have good new guys, check out this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=924981
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terrafuria wrote: »
    Appreciate that. I have been following this thread and the fact part of the fix is on Tribble. Fancied giving it a go, just to see if I was one fo the few who could get on there.

*thumbs up*
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am going to miss our talks.

d3n
  • captainscott1977captainscott1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I followed the directions about putting the game in Vista compatibility mode and I was able to log into Holodeck after the whole week of waiting.

I recommend as the original OP, use the standard Vista, no special packs, and when you do get in, lower your video card settings as I jumped into a sector with a ton of people in it and there is considerable lag.

I look forward to Thursdays patch as well.....good luck.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no go :(

sigh, still in the fleet of lepers I suppose... how's that beer bottle filled with concrete coming?
  • captainscott1977captainscott1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, lowered my settings, but even still sooo slow I cant talk to my fleet, move, do anything...they are all sending messages happy Im back, but I cant let them know Im reading them....so frustrating....
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I get back in I'll Create a channel called OrderofPersistance. That is if the other guy who's gonna create the VOL or VOTL channel doesnt do it.

Once its created I'll post a thread in Ten Forward titled Persistant Officers Report. Post your @handle and I'll send out invites, or you can join directly. And just to verify that you are a PO Only put in your @handle nothing else unless you need the /10.

How about Risa for a meeting place?
    Just the idea I had. :)
    Risa as meeting place is cool, but I'd suggest we take Drozanna, as Risa isn't available for KDF Chars until they got the 3rd Marauding rank.

EDIT: Loaded the new update... still no playing for me.
    Still the same ticket # 18897741.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nope still crashing same ticket number 18897741 ;(
    edited November 2013
    nope still crashing same ticket number 18897741 ;(

they might not have put the patch on/ finished putting it on tribble. wait another two hours and try again.
    edited November 2013
    Risa as meeting place is cool, but I'd suggest we take Drozanna, as Risa isn't available for KDF Chars until they got the 3rd Marauding rank.

oh very very good point... Dronza or DS9 are the only options ... Dronza is more open so it is probably best...

On another note as the Vice president (pending)... I am about to explore an often explored but never investigated area... to make a list in the thread of ppl who have posted as lepers etc..... i dare not say i will count the post but my OCD self will probably do this as counting is among my compulsions... i am going to collect a list of everyone posted here minus brandon... i will then put the list here in forum to be copied by anyone who would like it... that being said i know this is a huge under taking but I'm happy to do it... but I am not infalliable... so if i post it (lets say sometime tomorrow evening/morning for some I'm (CT).)check for your name or those of friends and if i didn't get someone correct please quote list header and add missing names this will make the secretary of state admaralerrek's job easier in 10 forward/persistent officer... all help is appreciated... :)
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    oh very very good point... Dronza or DS9 are the only options ... Dronza is more open so it is probably best...

On another note as the Vice president (pending)... I am about to explore an often explored but never investigated area... to make a list in the thread of ppl who have posted as lepers etc..... i dare not say i will count the post but my OCD self will probably do this as counting is among my compulsions... i am going to collect a list of everyone posted here minus brandon... i will then put the list here in forum to be copied by anyone who would like it... that being said i know this is a huge under taking but I'm happy to do it... but I am not infalliable... so if i post it (lets say sometime tomorrow evening/morning for some I'm (CT).)check for your name or those of friends and if i didn't get someone correct please quote list header and add missing names this will make the secretary of state admaralerrek's job easier in 10 forward/persistent officer... all help is appreciated... :)
    As I'm not sure if there'll be a Vice President, I'd like to make you the Chief of Investigation, as well as admrenlarreck will be Chief of Communications.
    I hope that's okay for you. :)
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nimbus 3 would be more appropriate. Back woods, leper colony
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

We've just unlocked Tribble with out latest patch. Here are the patch notes that relate to this thread:
    • Resolved a number of crashes which have been occurring for some players.
      • Resolved some crashes associated with various types of graphics cards.
        • Work is continuing on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

Please patch up and give it a try. If you're still crashing (which some will, please see the notes above), please reply with your crash number. Also, please note if it's the same crash number you had from the start or if it has changed (include old # too). Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    Sorry to disagree, but we#re not talking about a leper colony, but a secret organization.
    We don't need to hide on some forgotten planet of peace, we hide in plain sight.
    And the bast place to do so is Drozana Station, IMO.
    Though we're free to meet wherever we want, if necessary. Even on each other's ship's bridge. ;)
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

We've just unlocked Tribble with out latest patch. Here are the patch notes that relate to this thread:

Please patch up and give it a try. If you're still crashing (which some will, please see the notes above), please reply with your crash number. Also, please note if it's the same crash number you had from the start or if it has changed (include old # too). Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I think some of us were a little faster than you... ;)
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Works fine from my end
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I can still log into Tribble as of the patch before this one. However, like some of the other captains, I'm experiencing really wierd "acid trip" graphics tears and frame drawing issues that persist while I move the camera around. Also, space will whitewash when I'm in my BOFF assignment tab while I've selected a drop-down menu to change BOFF assignments, etc. So I'm in, but the graphics issues make it unplayable. Making progress, but still not a working fix for me.

I am using DX9, Windows XP SP3, and nVidia 7950GT video card that's AGP. It's a DX9 card, so no point in my trying to get DX10 on Windows XP. Plus nVidia has stopped support for it since it's such an old card, so no more updated drivers for it anymore.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013

good luck there are neerly 600 ppl here and 1422 posts, i was thinking of doing the same but it would take hours
    nerf.jpg]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013

EDIT: Loaded the new update... still no playing for me.
    Still the same ticket # 18897741.

hmmm Facepalms myself. How could I forget that!

DROZANA it is!

You know we could flash mob it. Everybody shows up and hangs out seperately then

Posted in Local or Zone

Phage Unites!

Everyone heads to the bar....
    As I'm not sure if there'll be a Vice President, I'd like to make you the Chief of Investigation, as well as admrenlarreck will be Chief of Communications.

I have no problems with that.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Make sure you setup the gfx settings once your inside, then restart the game. Game ran fine once i did that.
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013

DROZANA it is!

You know we could flash mob it. Everybody shows up and hangs out seperately then

Posted in Local or Zone

Phage Unites!

good idea since its ment to be a near-derelict station who no one goes too.

imagine the noobs on a mission with 500+people there! :D:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still using the old settings I had before Season 8. I guess they did some internal upgrades that I need to "refresh" the settings with. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, no good. Same issues. At least I can log into Tribble. It's a start. But the graphical display issues are still a problem.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
    edited November 2013

DROZANA it is!

Posted in Local or Zone

Phage Unites!

Hmm... I'd say "Persistance rules!" would be more appopriate for our Order... ;)
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    good idea since its ment to be a near-derelict station who no one goes too.

imagine the noobs on a mission with 500+people there! :D:cool:
    Even though Drozana usually isn't empty when I'm visiting it, 500 people would be quite the sight. ^^ Wonder if the station tips over if we all head for the bar...
    edited November 2013

Lololol awesome...that's. Better than Vp!
    edited November 2013
    I'm still crashing. here is my ticket 18897741
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm... I'd say "Persistance rules!" would be more appopriate for our Order... ;)

@captainwho: Even though Drozana usually isn't empty whe I'm visiting it, 500 people would be quite the sight. ^^ Wonder if the station tips over if we all head for the bar...

Cool much better!

Persistance Rules

BTW When Im in game Ill randomly post that as well in whatever Zone chat is there so if you need the Channel name PM me from that.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    I'm still crashing. here is my ticket 18897741
    As far as I can see, right now, it's the # 18897741 that still doesn't run.
    Or did I miss a post with a different #?

Something off-topic, but still kinda annoying: the quoting works quite odd, here...
    Every time I answer a post via quick reply, that posts' "multi-off" button will change to multi-on".
    Now, if I try to answer a post via the "quote" button, I find a selection of previously answered posts in there. But the post I'd like to quote seems to be missing.
This discussion has been closed.