test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slow Forum *Resolved!*

Is anyone else having trouble navigating and posting on the STO forums lately?

Is it very slow to load and sometimes get hung up and get a "Bad Gateway" screen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by doomicile on

Comments

• Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had this happen to, including the Reference number message.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Was really slow for me earlier today, but seems to be working now.

Using Firefox as primary browser.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A friend said it's working fine on IE. Not working good on Firefox he said though. It's also slow for me on Chrome.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm running FF and yeah it's slow and sometimes I even get the errors.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FF is a terrible, terrible, terrible thing. But this can happen on other browsers when there are a lot of people browsing it. We've just had a big update this last week, so it's understandable.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not just the STO forums either. The CO and NW forums are having problems too when I try to use them.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited November 2013
    I'm using a slightly older version of FF and I'm getting a few errors as well. Doesn't seem unusually slow, though, just the occasional 'error/bad gateway'. Pressing x on the address bar to cancel the transfer to a new location and trying the selected link again seems to work.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having no trouble on my ie browser but it is glacial in chrome.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    slow as all hell for me.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good to know, I thought it was my internet connection.

This message often pops up:

An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.2db6efc7.1383509038.645406f
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been getting odd errors and inexplicable slow downs all day.....and thats in IE.

Now I cant connect to the account server either.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    I've been getting odd errors and inexplicable slow downs all day.....and thats in IE.
    I have made 8 or 9 posts in the last few minutes without any forum slowdown while using ie. I cannot do anything in chrome as it takes a minute of waiting just to go from page to page.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stf65 wrote: »
    I have made 8 or 9 posts in the last few minutes without any forum slowdown while using ie. I cannot do anything in chrome as it takes a minute of waiting just to go from page to page.

thats whats been happening for me on IE.

Clicking links doesnt always work, sometimes the page just fails to load sometimes I get the following error message code.

Reference #97.c3357c6.1383510028.4e09bd1

I'm mystified and somewhat frustrated.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

The Web team is investigating. I'll provide another update once one is available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the update, Branflakes.

I figured it was something server side but just wanted to make sure my network wasn't acting up anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

The Web team is investigating. I'll provide another update once one is available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Its somones walking workspace :P
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    This is now resolved. Thanks for your patience as the web team worked to resolve it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.