Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2013

1235»

Comments

• ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    problems

big problem

I don't really see any problems. The points I was able to clear were lower end ones, and apparently the number of enemies that spawn scale with the number of people in the area. One of the higher end capture points had 4-5 captains at it and it went back and forth between us winning and losing several times. Some of the enemies that popped up where really strong and a good challenge. I would see other people from time to time but there are so many capture points we ended up spread all over. During the last stage we naturally gathered at the V-Rex spots and had several people there fighting.

You have to remember that this is Tribble. The total server population could probably fit in one instance of the zone. My experience does not translate well to what will happen when it hits live. For an idea of how it would be on live you would have to look at Defera as that is the closest place to compare it to.

Defera does not have a T-Rex with a fricken laser beam on its head though, just slow predictable and easy to kill borg.
    edited October 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Tribble is bugged.

Dyson Shere battlezone is stuck like all zones are captured and the server didn't reset.

There is nothing to do so there is nothing to test.

GOOD JOB CRYPTIC.

The one day I actually have time to test the server decides to go buggy.

VIce Admiral
    Jeffry Caler
    Commanding Officer
    USS Greenbrier
    Chancellor of Directive 010

If you had read the comments in the most recent patch notes instead of the older ones you would have known this.
  • burningironeagleburningironeagle Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it will be fine for coordinated runs. I think it will be more difficult for pug matches.

I stopped reading here. This is another problem with STO. The open zones are treated like match-based combat zones. They're not. They're persistent, open maps. There is no pugging, there is no queue, there is no forced-teaming, there are no matches. That's what makes an open zone an open zone.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I stopped reading here. This is another problem with STO. The open zones are treated like match-based combat zones. They're not. They're persistent, open maps. There is no pugging, there is no queue, there is no forced-teaming, there are no matches. That's what makes an open zone an open zone.

We need something like the battle zone, maybe even tougher, but it needs to be like it is, whatever name you decide to make for it I am fine with. The fact is we need something like it, and we need things that are even harder for some of us that don't mind failing once in a while for the sake of a challenge. NWS is great and the rewards are significant for performance. I personally don't care what they call anything, I see value in this content and will play it.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Defera does not have a T-Rex with a fricken laser beam on its head though, just slow predictable and easy to kill borg.

I guess you didn't see the 20 foot tall Gorn with the scorpion tail laser minigun that hangs out around the Borg Probe. ;)
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Cryptic.

This means the world reading this!!!

"This feature allows players that have maxed out a reputation on one character to have double reputation experience for all of their alts in that same rep."
    edited October 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    I guess you didn't see the 20 foot tall Gorn with the scorpion tail laser minigun that hangs out around the Borg Probe. ;)

Its still slow moving and predictable.

One of the more annoying Voth are the medics, cloaking healers that use a bunch of sci abilites abilities and revivle their allies when they go down.

Oh on a side note, you might want to do something about the raptors pounce. Knocking me down and holding me there is fine while its chomping on me but if something knocks it away its kind of silly for me to still be stuck, held to the groud, and squirming while nothing is being done to me. If the raptor that knocked you down is knocked off of you it really should break the hold.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »

I never see that thing move, 5 players circle it and hit it from all sides, orbital strikes and security teams hit it, grenades and turrets, it can be killed faster than it took to spawn.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited October 2013
    I never see that thing move, 5 players circle it and hit it from all sides, orbital strikes and security teams hit it, grenades and turrets, it can be killed faster than it took to spawn.

Worst day that Gorn had was when I was in a team with 3 other eng. 4x mines, 4x transphasic bomb, 4x orbital strikes. Watching 4 circles of 2 colors focus in and then all land at once was beautiful.

Lasted 5-8 seconds total. Mostly the time it took for the orbitals to focus.
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hell I would like to just be able to get on tribble to play, I have a character copied there (Primary Klingon) and have it updated up to the patch they are doing today. But it will not let me get into server with out crashing.

I did post in the proper thread describing the problem and the screen I get to but cupie dolls on the log in. I have been fiddling around on (Red shirt) and doing dailies on all my toons on (holodeck) but no cigar on (tribble) WTH?
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hell I would like to just be able to get on tribble to play, I have a character copied there (Primary Klingon) and have it updated up to the patch they are doing today. But it will not let me get into server with out crashing.

I did post in the proper thread describing the problem and the screen I get to but cupie dolls on the log in. I have been fiddling around on (Red shirt) and doing dailies on all my toons on (holodeck) but no cigar on (tribble) WTH?

Silver members aka ftp'ers have not been invited to testing as of yet.

It's a closed beta for current gold suscribers at least as of now.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have had a quick look at the Dyson Sphere Battlezone and although the graphics and game appear standard quality that you would expect from the game I was a little disappointed by the system you employed to get there.

for the ground combat zone,
    quote:
    Players can currently reach the zone by talking to Voth Defectors in Earth Space Dock or Qo'Nos.

at no point does this give the player the impression that he/she is inside a dyson sphere and I only got the feeling that I could be on the external surface of any planet.
    I was hoping to approach the sphere from space a lot like the way you do with say the dilithium mine or fleet starbase.
    you would then have a menu option to transport to the battlezone similar to as you do with afore mentioned dil mine.

for the space combat mission Storming the Spire that you reach through the pve que again I had the same feeling that this could be being held above a planet surface very akin to when you play the atmospheric shuttle event, at no point did I get the feeling that this was being held inside a sphere.
    although I do not know how you would get around this, one easy option would be that you could only pick up this pve mission while at the zone around the sphere where you would go to enter the ground combat zone, this would at least give the impression that you were again inside the sphere.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited October 2013
    I have had a quick look at the Dyson Sphere Battlezone and although the graphics and game appear standard quality that you would expect from the game I was a little disappointed by the system you employed to get there.

for the ground combat zone,
    quote:
    Players can currently reach the zone by talking to Voth Defectors in Earth Space Dock or Qo'Nos.

at no point does this give the player the impression that he/she is inside a dyson sphere and I only got the feeling that I could be on the external surface of any planet.
    I was hoping to approach the sphere from space a lot like the way you do with say the dilithium mine or fleet starbase.
    you would then have a menu option to transport to the battlezone similar to as you do with afore mentioned dil mine.

for the space combat mission Storming the Spire that you reach through the pve que again I had the same feeling that this could be being held above a planet surface very akin to when you play the atmospheric shuttle event, at no point did I get the feeling that this was being held inside a sphere.
    although I do not know how you would get around this, one easy option would be that you could only pick up this pve mission while at the zone around the sphere where you would go to enter the ground combat zone, this would at least give the impression that you were again inside the sphere.

They have stated that this is a temporary way to get there, to be in place until the story is advanced to the point where we travel to it. They completed the battlezone, a fairly complex part of the new stuff, and opened it for testing. The normal transport to the Sphere is going to be explored when S8 is released.

Based on the fact that the battlezone breaks after one completion, its good they opened it for testing to get these things worked out before they have 1000s of people trying to play it and then complaining that it does not work right.

Don't worry about the approach, and as to the point that you did not feel like you were inside a sphere, I guess you never looked up. If you had you would have seen the star at the center of the sphere as well as the far wall.