test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2013

Comments

• genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was hoping for more from the new alt-friendly rep system. The proposed system makes the experience half as bad as before, which is better, but still bad.

Something that stood out from the patch notes is the following:
    [*]Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.
    • This Token is Bind-to-Account-on-Pickup, and is designed to be traded to other characters on your account via your Account Shared Bank.

(In Bold) So does that mean F2P players have to purchase Account Shared bank slots? Not sure whether subscribers get free slots or not, but F2P don't get free shared slots. Hopefully this doesn't mean you have to spend Zen to get shared slots to use this alt-friendly feature.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genemorph wrote: »
    I was hoping for more from the new alt-friendly rep system. The proposed system makes the experience half as bad as before, which is better, but still bad.
    (In Bold) So does that mean F2P players have to purchase Account Shared bank slots? Not sure whether subscribers get free slots or not, but F2P don't get free shared slots. Hopefully this doesn't mean you have to spend Zen to get shared slots to use this alt-friendly feature.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    Lifetime & Gold subscribers get 20 account bank slots.

Account shared bank is currently the only way ingame to transfer account-bound items between your own characters.

Keep in mind this account bank has not been in the game all that long (season6 i believe) , and account-bound items are in the game even shorter than that, they came after some forum crusades to get weapons & character items trade-able within the account.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    Lifetime & Gold subscribers get 20 account bank slots.

Account shared bank is currently the only way ingame to transfer account-bound items between your own characters.

Keep in mind this account bank has not been in the game all that long (season6 i believe) , and account-bound items are in the game even shorter than that, they came after some forum crusades to get weapons & character items trade-able within the account.

Thanks for the info. So as it stands now, if you are F2P and haven't already purchased Shared Account slots, then you would have to purchase some from the C-Store in order to use this new alt-friendly rep system?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here are a couple additional suggestions to help make Reps more Alt Friendly:

1) Allow the Sponsorship Token to not only double the XP provided by Projects, but also have it reduce the duration of Sponsored projects. So instead of taking 20hrs to complete 5,600xp worth of Projects, it'll only take something like 4-12hrs.

2) When a character starts a project in the Dyson Rep, they get a box containing a random item from the Rep Store. Make these items Account-Bound. The problem with those random boxes is that the item received may not be useful to the receiving character's build, so becomes vendor trash, but if it was allowed for the player to use these on their Alts, it would increase the chance of getting something useable across multiple builds. If it's not feasible to make all account-bound, perhaps at least the Rare (Blue) items. This way Alts can still get some benefit, but are encouraged to run the Rep to get Very Rare (Purple) quality items.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genemorph wrote: »
    I am surprised that other F2P players do not own an Account Wide Bank.
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Why should they? outside EC transference its pretty much pointless ... I entertained the idea of getting then for commodities but the system does not read Account Bank anyway making it a worthless unlock for many players, its only useful for secure item transference.
    When the Account Wide Bank first arrived, I didn't see an immediate use for it as well. After I finally bought the bank, including three additional rows, I found myself unable to live without the it. rofl...

You can: (1) transfer items to other avatars, (2) store excess duty officer packs, (3) build up a nice energy credits stash, (4) store elite regens and heals, (5) store xp and skill boosts, etc...

Once you activate your account wide bank, all of your avatars are linked together like a small fleet. Its a great purchase. :)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Account Bank is obviously a Gold/LTS perk... (first 20 slots free)

If you want to use it, you have to pay for it.

Moaning and groaning about it is just silly and trying to use that as an excuse to vilify the new Vet-Rep Token system is even sillier.

The game is all about Cryptic and PWE making money, not how much more you can get for FREE.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited October 2013
    I think the statistics will prove ... the more characters people have on an account,
    The bigger the benefit from the account bank, account locked items, and account locked sponsorship ...

So again .. it boils down to a PERK that subscribers and buyers have over Free players.

Free players get 3 character slots, but cryptic knows their statistics ... so alot of accounts will probably not have all 3 characters in use, so the benefit of the sponsorship system is not all that usefull on them ....
    And even then ... if u have 3 chars u play actively ... the "grind" is not that high to rep it up on 2 or 3 chars .....

That said ... people who have more than 3 .... they have already "invested" in the game ....
    Either by taking a subscription, buying lifetime, buying zen for unlocks ... or grinding time ingame to trade dil to zen to buy stuff from the stores, among which ,..... EC unlock & Char unlocks ... at minimum, otherwise they would not have a big ALT problem.

True, cryptic are in this game to make profit, and the best profit is made by maintaining the tight balance on what people are willing to pay and work for .... whether this is done by grinding time in game, or buying zen and using the Dil Exchange system.

It will always be a trade off somewhere, between convenience & cash..... if u want it now .. u pay more for it than if u are willing to wait.
    U want that project done now ... u buy dilithium from the exchange and fill it ... or u take the time, not spend anything but time & work ... and fill it over time .... and get this ... TIME = MONEY .....
    I have several fleeties who do not have jobs, so they can play the game alot to get all the stuff they can get ingame thru F2P & Exchange they are able to enjoy the game .... I am lucky enough to have a job ... i do not have the time to grind my captains to max dilithium & reputation stuff each day ... so for me it is more economical to occasionally buy zen and support my gameplay that way.

In reality ... we want cryptic to keep making a profit ... otherwise this game would be shut down .... would i like stuff to be cheaper .... HELL YES ... sure ....
    edited October 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    The Account Bank is obviously a Gold/LTS perk... (first 20 slots free)

If you want to use it, you have to pay for it.

Moaning and groaning about it is just silly and trying to use that as an excuse to vilify the new Vet-Rep Token system is even sillier.

The game is all about Cryptic and PWE making money, not how much more you can get for FREE.

:cool:
    Well said. Well said, indeed. It's amazing how often people forget that and/or curse Cryptic for trying to make money. :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Once the reputation sponsorship token 'doubles the xp reward', the follow up question is, "will doubling the xp also increase the resource requirements of each project?"

Resource inputs stay the same on doubled-XP projects.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Y'know...maybe some of these suggestions for improving rep should be Gold/lifer benefits.

I normally don't like bringing that up, but it might be good. Give an extra incentive to go for that. After all, if you were just F2P, you wouldn't be losing out on anything. Nothing would be changing for you, nothing would be taken away, but if you went Gold/Lifer, you'd gain some additional, practical, benefits.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This:

"The Dyson Commendation earned after completing Storming the Spire is being rewarded after each play instead of once a day."

Isn't a bug. It doesn't need to be fixed.
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Thank you for replying.

You put some of my concerns to rest. :)

If everything else pans out, I can look past the dinosaurs.

:D
    jivedutch wrote: »
    So again .. it boils down to a PERK that subscribers and buyers have over Free players.
    As a Free to Play-Zen buyer, I find having an account wide bank worth the expense. I encourage every subscriber and non-subscriber to buy at least two rows of slots.
    edited October 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    ...As a Free to Play-Zen buyer, I find having an account wide bank worth the expense. I encourage every subscriber and non-subscriber to buy at least two rows of slots.
    I'm an LTS Gold and purchases upgrades to my Account Bank (as many as possible) during the last sale. I use my AB frequently between my 14 Alts for not only exchanging gear, but also housing things like Rare Data Samples and Commodities.

• atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Will the old Reputations be retrofitted to the XP gains and project requirements of the New Dyson Reputation? Or will our banks still have to be flooded with commodities and hypos?
    edited October 2013
    Will the old Reputations be retrofitted to the XP gains and project requirements of the New Dyson Reputation? Or will our banks still have to be flooded with commodities and hypos?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12983121&postcount=28
    The Dyson Rep system is a "prototype" for how they will make Reps going forward, and assuming it's a success, the eventual plan (Season 9+) will be to retrograde the old Reps to a similar system...

:D

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131007a.16

New Features:

Reputation Sponsorship:
    • This feature allows players that have maxed out a reputation on one character to have double reputation experience for all of their alts in that same rep.
    • Characters that have reached Tier 5 in any Reputation will see a new project available in that Reputation: "Begin Sponsorship Procedures for Upcoming Officer"
      • This project costs 100 Marks from the applicable Reputation, and completes in ~5 seconds.
      • Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.
        • This Token is Bind-to-Account-on-Pickup, and is designed to be traded to other characters on your account via your Account Shared Bank.
      • This project can be repeated as many times as necessary.
    • All characters will see a new Tier 1 Project in each reputation: "Claim Sponsorship"
      • This project may not be immediately visible until a character interacts with the Reputation System in some way.
        • Even something as simple as slotting any project then canceling it will trigger the projects to appear.
      • Even though this is a T1 Project, it can be run by any character of any rank other than Tier 5.
      • This project requires just one Sponsorship Token (no other inputs) and completes in ~5 seconds.
      • Completing this Project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
        • This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp will now give 4000xp and 1600xp.

If i get itright, once your char reach t5 rep in your desired rep, you can use it to "infite" amount of alts for given rep and not only one char. Sounds very nice.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I see on the notes that the Romulan Subterfuge and Reman Inflitrator traits are fixed... but i don't see anything on the Nausicaan Pirate trait, it's also not even mention on ''known issues''...

Plz Dev's don't forget about it, the KDF don't even have a working unique indigenous space trait to even compete against the Fed Leadership trait and the op Rom Superior Operative trait :(
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Monday night patch for Tribs? Wha?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Been away a few days, just wanted to say thanks for listening to my and others feedback on making the rep system more alt friendly, and most importantly making it so these new sponsorship projects complete instantly.

One think I would like to see added to this new rep project is also allow the character completing the sponsorship project to complete all rep projects in half the time, or better yet, instantly. I see no reason to time gate characters on rep if a character on that account has already completed that entire rep.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • burningironeagleburningironeagle Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dyson Sphere Battlezone:
    • The battlezone is intended for level 50 players and can hold up to twenty players per instance.

This is the STO mistake. The instances are far too small to support a remotely healthy MMO population. All open zones should allow at least 40 players, especially cross-faction ones, unless the map, itself, is so poorly designed that it can't handle it.
    edited October 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    If i get itright, once your char reach t5 rep in your desired rep, you can use it to "infite" amount of alts for given rep and not only one char. Sounds very nice.

U can make as many account bound sponsorship tokes as u like, provided u have the marks to make them.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is the STO mistake. The instances are far too small to support a remotely healthy MMO population. All open zones should allow at least 40 players, especially cross-faction ones, unless the map, itself, is so poorly designed that it can't handle it.

The instances on these maps are small because you are allowed to bring 2 of your bridge officers with you and form teams that include them. This leads to a team of 5 captains and 10 boffs, which is quite a large army if they are all in one place given the weapons and gear we have. The other maps are all based on you being alone or in a group of 5.

With just 2 boffs without good gear on them I was able to solo clear a couple of the capture points. If They allowed more people onto these maps you would quickly find that there was not enough to do to make it feel challenging.

The map is huge, it takes quite awhile to get from one area to another and it is a nice challenge because you are not likely to find too many other people in the area with you.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How much will the voth rep cost in total for ec cost?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    How much will the voth rep cost in total for ec cost?

Between 0EC and 1mEC with it being close to 91kEC most of the time.

1mEC if you do nothing but the 200xp project for all 100kxp and 0EC if you do nothing but the token project. 91kEC is if you do 1 of each project each day, cost will go up a little if you do more of the 200xp project each day.

A reduction of the ec cost of between 1.3mEC-2.3mEC
  • burningironeagleburningironeagle Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    The instances on these maps are small because you are allowed to bring 2 of your bridge officers with you and form teams that include them. This leads to a team of 5 captains and 10 boffs, which is quite a large army if they are all in one place given the weapons and gear we have. The other maps are all based on you being alone or in a group of 5.

With just 2 boffs without good gear on them I was able to solo clear a couple of the capture points. If They allowed more people onto these maps you would quickly find that there was not enough to do to make it feel challenging.

The map is huge, it takes quite awhile to get from one area to another and it is a nice challenge because you are not likely to find too many other people in the area with you.

problems

big problem
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    problems

big problem

I think it will be fine for coordinated runs. I think it will be more difficult for pug matches. But for my tastes, there is a lack of variety in large scale organized content so I appreciate it, and others can play the other smaller scale stuff. I don't think they can make a 20 person map that isn't a cake walk for organized play if they suited it for very disorganized play.

I am wondering how the player community will respond to this mission.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.