test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance and Infrastructure Upgrade (October 17, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6 hours for a single NPC and server instability upgrades. How about the cruiser commands promised us?

Erm...

The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.

So... yeah.
    *sigh*
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you read the actual announcement, you'll see that they are also doing infrastructure upgrades.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    4 hours for an extra server, more RAM, software updates and response tests...

Thats average time... You should know this OP...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    So... yeah.
    *sigh*

If I had a zen for every time we were told we are getting server upgrades, and subtracted a zen for how many times I have suffered horrid rubberbanding and DCs in this game alone, I would probably owe the game a few ship 3-packs.

So... yeah.
    *sigh*
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    If you read the actual announcement, you'll see that they are also doing infrastructure upgrades.
    anazonda wrote: »
    4 hours for an extra server, more RAM, software updates and response tests...

Thats average time... You should know this OP...

I didn't see this announcement, where was it? This "routine maintenance" bit didn't seem to explain it well enough.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    Wow everyone speculating and making things up about what happened to Toreth, she took a well deserved vacation to visit family and friends and get away from the dozens of people demanding that she deal with epohh tags all at once. She deserved her vacation and lets hope she is well rested and ready to deal with epohh tags.

OT: Just the 1 fix in the patch? no small minor bugfixes and ninja changes involved like every other patch? Or are the ninja changes awaiting the end of CCE and the next FE?

off topic suggestion but kinda on topic...

About Toreth and her vacation, popular NPC's like Toreth should be given shifts to make it feel more realistic. Have 3 different NPC's to do the same function but on an 8 hour schedule. 1 beams in and takes over, then the other beams out. 8 hours later same but a new NPC, and another 8 and Toreth returns.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... and of cause you are ignoring the fact that maint. is usually done BEFORE the announced time.

A little background reshearch gets you really far.. It's something that software developers are used to doing.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    awolzabrak wrote: »
    At first, I thought she was sleeping off too many Romulan Ales the night before. Then I heard that the Epohh's were holding here hostage. Glad to see PWE met the nasty little varmints' demands.

And who would blame them! Organising mass hunts, before selling them off for currency like a slaver. They never show the bodies of the dead epohhs, those who fail to stop running, before succumbing to fear & heat exhaustion, do they? Damn Rommie state propaganda; a hang-over from the bad old days.

//-Rare fragment of Universal Translator random lock-//
    //-Attempts to repeat have been unsuccessful-//

When I was a young moppet, we found a male. He looked like bloodied and tagged. The elder females in the warren nestled together and whispered crazy things.. strange things. " del-Rihannsu dezkor d'epohh ".
    Only in the hottest cycles this happens. And this cycle it grows hot.
    We begin losing our males. We find them sometimes chased down by giggling humans..and sometimes chased by much, much worse.
    " del-Rihannsu dezkor d'epohh " means the demon who makes trophies of epohhs.

//-Fragment ends-//

(with apologises to Elpidia Carrillio and the Predator scriptwriters!)
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [...]The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.[...]

That must be some quality shackles and chains you are mounting for Toreth. :D
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If I had a zen for every time we were told we are getting server upgrades, and subtracted a zen for how many times I have suffered horrid rubberbanding and DCs in this game alone, I would probably owe the game a few ship 3-packs.

So... yeah.
    *sigh*

Really? And you're sure you're not thinking of 'server stability updates'? I ask, because I do not recall seeing 'infrastructure upgrades' in the maintenance announcements or patch notes before, over the past 9 to 12 months. Ofcourse, I could've just missed it...

Also... 'a few ship 3-packs'? That would be a slight exaggeration, right? You know... the average 3-pack costing 5000 Zen, even just 2 3-packs would be 10,000 Zen. If you'd been told (by Cryptic/PWE) once every single day, that would round up to 27 years and 7 months. But, since STO has only been up since 2010-02-02, to date that makes 1,353 days, which means that you've been told 7.3 times a day, every single day, that we'd be getting server upgrades? That means once every 3.2 hours? Good lord, man... how are you getting any sleep?
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Shard maintenance .

The clue is in the name. It's not just about applying a patch.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...we expect this maintenance to last for 6 hours or less...

The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.

Infrastructural work... You mean putting The Epohh girl's feet in a barrel filled with concrete, waiting 6 hours to let it dry?

:D

Way to go, STO team :P.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So what's the compensation for putting my Romulan rep projects behind by a week? 5000 rom marks, 500 eppoh tags and 10 adult eppohs?
  • daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HOW ABOUT 6HRS OF FIXING THE MAIL SYSTEM AND GIVE ME MY MISSING STUFF??

CAPS for effect.:mad::mad::mad:
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When i saw 6 hours i thought season 8 was coming, not server maintenance...
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i hope the launcher can be fixed i been stuck trying to login for a week now and sitting for 30 mins to have the launcer to load is not good
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OHHHH MYYYYYY!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I lol'd. :D

reyan01 wrote: »
    Too early for season 8. It doesn't seem to be far off, but they're clearly still testing.

And it's an infrastructure upgrade, which is a far more hefty undertaking than server maintainance.

Dare I hope one is in preparation for the other? Not that waiting in queue lines isn't it's own kind of fun.
  • burningironeagleburningironeagle Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We will be performing shard maintenance on October 17th from 5-11:00 AM PDT (1200-1800 UTC). Please check the forums for more information.

General:

Toreth the Epohh Researcher is back on New Romulus.
    General server stability updates.

They're bringing the server down for 6 hours to put an epohh researcher on New Romulus

wat
  • squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it's the "General server stability updates" that will take a lot of time.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here we go again ...
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 17th, at 5AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 6 hours or less. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Friendly reminder: Downtime ETAs are not based off the size of the patch, but off what maintenance needs to be completed. The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • skydoc1skydoc1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6 hours for that???
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They might be moving the server to another ISP/datacenter, or rebuilding the databases, or any number of things
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance and infrastructure upgrade has begun! We expect downtime to last for 6 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lmao

6 hr maintenance today for "infrastructure" and "server stability" upgrades.

I foresee a server crash around this time tomorrow (or earlier), followed by Emergency maintenance for another 6 hrs. That's the Cryptic way after all.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    at whcih time we will see s8 launch ?
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will the Crystaline event be extended for those who were unable to get into the game for that week period following the 10-3 patch? I ask because due to this patch I will now be one day short.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance and infrastructure upgrade has begun! We expect downtime to last for 6 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, less lags and problems with login-in or switching chars will be eliminated/greatly reduced ? nice to hear that.
  • burningironeagleburningironeagle Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here we go again ...

So they're actually updating server stability. Anyone hear of hell freezing over?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2013

but did we not have one of those the other day ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.