test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Dyson Joint Command Reputation Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
Official Dyson Joint Command Reputation Feedback Thread

Please leave all your comments, questions, feedback, and concerns right here! Remember, this is reputation involves a pretty heavy revamp of the system in general so read the patch notes!
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So, is there a chance of the new Reputation Store setup making it's way to the Omega and Nukara Reps, and if so, what would happen for people who've already unlocked them?
    To put it simply: Would we get a refund?
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new 200xp per hour mission will make it more tedious to get at least 2800xp per day for multiple toons if I understand it correctly, unless I can start several at a time.

That said it is great for 1 toon, it permits more points kind of, for people without jobs and kids and all that nonsense. Assuming you can now log in 4 times over 4 hours instead of once per day for a couple hours.

Most notably to me though, as I understand it, its worse for alts than the old way.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new 200xp per hour mission will make it more tedious to get at least 2800xp per day for multiple toons if I understand it correctly, unless I can start several at a time.

That said it is great for 1 toon, it permits more points kind of, for people without jobs and kids and all that nonsense. Assuming you can now log in 4 times over 8 hours instead of once per day for a couple hours.

Most notably to me though, as I understand it, its worse for alts than the old way.

I'll have to agree here.

The 2k XP project change is wonderful, honestly. 1 event, you get the Commendation daily, and you have no Expertise or commodity inputs to worry about.

The 200 XP-per-hour project, though, is a killer. I can't stay on STO for 4 hours during school season to gain 800 XP off these smaller XP projects. And at that point, we're just talking about 1 character, no alts.

If this rep's gear is going to be pretty good (which would have to mean "at least as good as Omega Rep gear"), the Mark rewards need to be similar to Omega. I think I saw someone say 33 Marks on elite??? What do STFs award on Elite again? If it's not that many at least, don't bother with an Elite queue would be my suggestion.

I like the reward of a random piece of equipment for every XP project that gets completed. Nice touch! :)

I'd say if you're going to implement the system the way it is, at least bump the 200 XP project to 300. That way in 2 hours, while it's a bit more XP than the other reps, you're not sitting there feeling like you're wasting time over a 4-hour span.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Indeed, I do like that if we are playing more we can unlock thigs more quickly, but the break even point being 4 hours is too extreme. Consider making the timer on the short project 20 minutes (break even at 1 hr 20 min) to 30 minutes (break even at 2 hours), or increase the reward a bit.

I do enjoy the fact that we won't have to run store unlocks to get access to th store, and the removed lower mark gear is good since the redundancy isn't really needed since people usually don't go for lower marks (though if you do this to all the reps, it might be a bad idea to remove mk xi stf armor, integral remod is important).

Also I agree with having an ec cost rather than materials since all large hypos and provisions ammount to is a middle man for using EC anyways

I wouldn't say the grind has really decreased any though. Having to start a project 4 times just to break even may make it more grindy. Again 4 hours is too long
    ===
    As for gear, new consoles for every slot sounds interesting

also I see the new space set includes a warp core. I do hope you only go to a 3-set bonus so we are encouraged to mix and match a bit. I also hope this paves the way to introduce warp cores to the other sets.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. In the "Assets" tab of the inventory window, Dyson Sphere Marks are called "Dyson Commendation". This is too long. Shorten it to "Dyson" so that it matches the length of the other mark types.

http://i.imgur.com/DRh94GS.jpg

2. I'm concerned about the proliferation of stuff we need to store in our inventories and banks. We already have Borg Neural Processors. Now, you are adding Dyson Joint Command Commendations and Voth Cybernetic Implants. Why can't these be a type of mark? I believe that Borg Neural Processors were originally Elite Omega Marks. What happened to that design?

3. This next comment is more about the fleet system than the reputation system. We now have embassy provisions, dilithium mine provisions, and spire provisions in the replicator. As you add new fleet holdings, the list will only grow. I can't think of a reason why these need to be separate provision types. Replacing them with a single type of fleet holding provision would simplify the fleet system and reduce space in the replicator window.

4. Another thing you might want to consider is the balance between damage and damage resistance in design of the reputation passives and active ability. Damage has no cap, while damage resistance asymptotically approaches 75% as damage resistance rating (DRR) approaches infinity. The tier 1 and tier 2 passives don't seem balanced to me: +10% crit severity vs. +5 DRR. Most people have some type of armor (both ground and space), so I'm not sure how much that +5 to DRR will actually add to their damage resistance. The 10% increase to crit severity might not be so much if a critical hit were fairly rare, but people can stack crit chance from multiple sources these days. The tier 3 and tier 4 passives are possibly balanced: 0 to 75 DRR vs. 0 to 25% more damage. The tier 5 ability grants +33% to damage and +1000 to DRR. I'm not sure how you chose the number 1000, but effectively, this will push someone's damage resistance to 75%. Also, what is the cooldown on the tier 5 ability?

5. The new ground weapons seem to do proton damage. I hope existing armors have resistance to this damage type.

6. I assume the new equipment will eventually be added to the DS9 vendor for testing.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    1. In the "Assets" tab of the inventory window, Dyson Sphere Marks are called "Dyson Commendation". This is too long. Shorten it to "Dyson" so that it matches the length of the other mark types.

Dyson Marks and Dyson Commendations are two completely different things. Dyson Marks are for doing projects and the 200 rep project while Dyson Commendations are strictly for the 2000 rep project.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I understand it, you now have to do several instance/day/char to have 2800rep. Before that, I was able to do only 1/char/day for the same result (1 ISE, or 1nukara ground reward enough, especially during the mark event).
    Which make it a nerf, instead of a buff, as I will need to do a lot more instance than before, for the same result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Saurian... STOMP!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I tend to only concentrate on doing to 2000xp one in the rep systems anyway, so this isn';t too big a concern for me, but clearly will be for others.

My main concern is the following: Dyson Joint Command Commendations. What kind of "daily" are we talking about here to get this? Is it something like the Romulan patrol dailies or is it something that requires us to do queued missions/events?

See, I don't do things like STF's or queued events/missions, I also have nine VA's that I'm attempting to do the rep systems with; so the question is how is this new system an improvement over the old one exactly, and how badly screwed would some of my characters be when this new setup proliferates to the other rep systems?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can you please add a 800 xp project with the standard 20 hour timer to give people the option of which one to slot.

the 1 hour project is a great option but many people will have limited time per day or multiple toons, and the 1 hour project on its own will make things worse for them. so having both to choose from can accommodate everyone.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree with captrevo, i love what you guys have done but, please add in a 800 xp project with the standard 20hr cooldown, if you do this i will have your first child ( thats open to the entire dev team ).
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Repost of a comment I made in the PvP forums:

---

Imagine a romulan tacscort with high crit (20%)

You nail him down to 20% hull, he pops singularity jump and cloaks... and then hits GDF and this rep ability.

Decloaks on you with now +33% damage from the rep, +15% damage from the ambush, +xx scaled damage from the GDF buff, has a massive self heal on, a huge buff to his crit severity (tier 2), double stacked resistance buffs from the rep AND from GDF if they took the trait, and he starts doing more damage to you as you drop under 25% yourself (tier 4)....

You talk about alpha striking NOW? Wait til you see what a rom or high crit build is gonna be able to do with that.

---

This is going to be absolutely nuts. Especially with romulan cloak strikers. 10 minute CD or no, thats pretty much an I-win button if I have ever seen one. Why is this rep 5 ability not a ground one? We already have 2 for space, we didnt really need another (not to mention it completely eclipses the other two for utility)

And I just thought of a way to make it even worse... add the tier 5 romulan rep cloak on top of it, or a scimitar with cloaked barrage.

Mother of god.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

---

You nail him down to 20% hull, he pops singularity jump and cloaks... and then hits GDF and this rep ability.

Decloaks on you with now +33% damage from the rep, +15% damage from the ambush, +xx scaled damage from the GDF buff, has a massive self heal on, a huge buff to his crit severity (tier 2), double stacked resistance buffs from the rep AND from GDF if they took the trait, and he starts doing more damage to you as you drop under 25% yourself (tier 4)....

You talk about alpha striking NOW? Wait til you see what a rom or high crit build is gonna be able to do with that.

---

This is going to be absolutely nuts. Especially with romulan cloak strikers. 10 minute CD or no, thats pretty much an I-win button if I have ever seen one. Why is this rep 5 ability not a ground one? We already have 2 for space, we didnt really need another (not to mention it completely eclipses the other two for utility)

And I just thought of a way to make it even worse... add the tier 5 romulan rep cloak on top of it, or a scimitar with cloaked barrage.

Mother of god.

I thought of this too, and had the same reaction - but it seems it may be a ground ability as it says 50% health, and not 50% hull health as GDF does.

edit: on second thought, that's a huge heal for ground...hmmmm.
    edited October 2013
    So just done storming the spire all good, got my mark package an choose dyson marks, got my dyson big mark thing, awesome as i can start my rep. Started the 2000 rep project off ( only my daily token which made me smile ), started the 200 project off which only took 10 marks, 2000 ec, 1000 xp all good! Then i realised something, i got 33 dyson marks imputed 10 which leaves... 23, wow i can do another project in an hr ( yay ), then it hit me as i won't be sitting in front of my computer for the next few hrs, so in theory for me this means i will loose 600 rep points a day, i only play once a day for about an hr so this feels like the only major downside for me. Please don't get me wrong im loving the way this rep is layed out, i love the no mk x or mk xl as we have no need for that junk at endgame, just it does feel im gonna take a little longer do this re. This isn't a whinney change it now or im gone post just i have a life post.
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can we please get rid of the Dyson Joint Command Commendation? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't spend time every day just to do dailies, and I like the current system where I can store up a lot of rep tokens when I have the time and then only log in for a sec or two just to set up the rep projects when I don't.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm liking what I'm seeing from the new Reputation. Easy to level up, nowhere NEAR as expensive or bank-space-consuming, VERY rewarding for gear. I very much like this reputation. :D I expect I'll max it on Tribble, to the deficit of my Holodeck progress. XD
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I will test the new Reputation when more missions are available to do.

I do not want to constantly repeat one event to test something, only to do the same thing on holodeck.

Consider retroactively awarding all testing accounts on Tribble one commendation per day. That way we can test for you without having to grind for nothing...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2013

---

---

Mother of god.

This,
    It is a total nutcase ability as it sits currently.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Question - is the amount of tokens required for the 2000xp project the same over the course of all five tiers?

Because with current reputation system the projects are getting more expensive with each tier. Now I wonder if it's the case with the new system as well or not.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2013
    There is no lockout timer for storming the spire at the moment, so give it a day or two an someone will be able to tell you if tier 2 is the same requirement as tier 1, i would say yes ( for the daily at least ).
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I keep getting told that this new Reputation system is going to help players with multiple characters on their account. But I don't see anything to that effect. So how is this new Reputation system supposed to help?
  • appletontrekappletontrek Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where is Dyson Sphere Space? I took missions but it does not say where to go
    edited October 2013
    All we know its in the delta quadrant, an the fleet spire unlock tier 1 states " transwarp transporter " so yeah?
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I keep getting told that this new Reputation system is going to help players with multiple characters on their account. But I don't see anything to that effect. So how is this new Reputation system supposed to help?

If anything, it has the opposite effect since you have to keep logging in hour after hour to keep refilling the small project.

Again, to have rep done in less time than the last, you have to do this at least five times (hours) a day on average. That's tons more work and trouble, and pretty much just serves to undermine all the actual improvements.
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Dyson Marks and Dyson Commendations are two completely different things. Dyson Marks are for doing projects and the 200 rep project while Dyson Commendations are strictly for the 2000 rep project.

Well, in that case, they are missing Dyson Sphere Marks in the "Assets" tab. I still think they should shorten the label "Dyson Commendations" in that tab.
    qVpg1km.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013

---

---

Mother of god.

That is not possible. According to the lead designer, the game isn't centred around Tactical and DPS... :rolleyes:

They didn't, like usual they went 10x worse. I might as well just delete my remaining 3 alts and stick to one.
    Wasn't worth having alts before, when this thing goes live, the final nail in the coffin so to speak :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited October 2013
    vagius wrote: »
    I thought of this too, and had the same reaction - but it seems it may be a ground ability as it says 50% health, and not 50% hull health as GDF does.

I'm think you are correct: the tier 5 ability is for ground, not space. If the cooldown is long enough, 50% of health is no big deal. Hypos probably have a shorter cooldown.
    qVpg1km.png
  • verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far I like the rep system change, I think people are getting off track here though.

They said it would be easier to do, not as fast, or faster to do, on multiple chars, and there is a difference. The new system currently is a lot easier to do across several chars, one mission nets you 20-30 marks, and a token, so you get 2-3 small projects worth of marks, and a 2k kick off in 10-20 mins of work. So doing say 5 chars for one project each, is 50-100 mins now. The costs in general are lower, the console project only takes 250 marks, not 500 like the nakura one, and the small rep is only 10 marks to start.

So in a hour and 40 mins or less you can have 5 chars earning 2200 for the day, compared to 2800 in 20 hours. You can even hop back to chars that are done with their small project and start a new one.

If you have the time to invest however you can just keep repeating small projects and decrease the time.

Starting projects gives a loot box, this is also nice, however the consoles as they currently stand are, well bleh, I understand why the have less bonus then a pure MKXII console, but why is anyone going to use a 14 point console, even with the procs, over a 30+ one, they wont, you would be gutting your science skills to do it. This needs to be bumped up a bit, not to 30 mind you, but say 20-24, make it less painful on those sci skills, which makes the procs as a alternative to higher skills, or the other bonus's more appealing. By example, I have 4 fleet SCi consoles for flow cap, 3 MKXII and a MKXI, I wouldn't even change out the MKXI right now for the flow cap rep console, even with the procs, which id only be using one of. Ive only gotten one engineering console but they look to be suffering the same problem, not enough bonus to warrant using them just for their extras.

We could use some clarification on the reward boxes too, do they only give what shows up in the store, do they have a chance of giving stuff from the rep projects, aka armor and space gear.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to add a 800 xp project either, 20 hours, 40 marks. It would require two runs, or double time investment, but it would give a alternative to the short projects. and the short projects would still be used by anyone who wants rewards, and wants to speed up their gains, the mid project would just be used by everyone else.
  • gorngonzollagorngonzolla Member Posts: 172 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Good morning testers! Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I wanted to take a moment to address some concerns and answer some questions:
    The 200 XP-per-hour project, though, is a killer. I can't stay on STO for 4 hours during school season to gain 800 XP off these smaller XP projects. And at that point, we're just talking about 1 character, no alts.

We have a plan in place to address progressing through reputations with alts. We'll reveal that soon I believe.
    If this rep's gear is going to be pretty good (which would have to mean "at least as good as Omega Rep gear"), the Mark rewards need to be similar to Omega. I think I saw someone say 33 Marks on elite??? What do STFs award on Elite again? If it's not that many at least, don't bother with an Elite queue would be my suggestion.

Some things to consider here:

1) Our goal is to provide gear that is comparable to Omega Rep equipment. You'll notice that mark rewards are closer to those from New Romulus and Nukara reps. Omega Rep is a bit of an anomaly.

2) Equipment projects in the Dyson Sphere Joint Command reputation cost roughly half as many marks as other reps.

3) Rewards from events are still being finalized and tweaked. It is possible they will change.
    I like the reward of a random piece of equipment for every XP project that gets completed. Nice touch!

Thanks. That's what we were hoping to hear.
    Indeed, I do like that if we are playing more we can unlock thigs more quickly, but the break even point being 4 hours is too extreme. Consider making the timer on the short project 20 minutes (break even at 1 hr 20 min) to 30 minutes (break even at 2 hours), or increase the reward a bit.

If you were progressing through the other older reps by logging in, doing a queue or two and earning enough marks and resources to kick off your XP projects and then logging off (or switching characters) you will find yourself progressing through the new rep to be a bit slower. However, we wanted the progress through the Dyson Joint Command rep to be more about the journey than the destination. Here's what I mean:

-At each tier you'll unlock top end gear. There's no Mk X, Mk XI or blue gear. It's all top of the line! So, there's that.

-At each tier you'll automatically unlock a dilithium store that sells awesome Mk XII purple gear. No need to run store projects anymore.

-Each 200 XP (1 hour) project you kick off awards you as much Dilithium as the 800 XP (20 hour) project. Which means if you're actively running these projects you'll net a lot more dilithium ore than you would from previous reps.

-Filling the inputs on each 200 XP (1 hour) project also immediately awards you with a random Mk XII item that is normally found in the dilithium stores unlocked by each tier. This also applies to the 2000 XP daily project as well.

-If you choose to not run the 200 XP hourly projects you can save those Dyson Marks you've earned for kicking off equipment projects.

-We're still finalizing all the numbers.
    In the "Assets" tab of the inventory window, Dyson Sphere Marks are called "Dyson Commendation". This is too long. Shorten it to "Dyson" so that it matches the length of the other mark types.

That's odd. You should see both Dyson Marks and Dyson Joint Command Commendations. I'll look into this. Good catch!
    Another thing you might want to consider is the balance between damage and damage resistance in design of the reputation passives and active ability. Damage has no cap, while damage resistance asymptotically approaches 75% as damage resistance rating (DRR) approaches infinity. The tier 1 and tier 2 passives don't seem balanced to me: +10% crit severity vs. +5 DRR. Most people have some type of armor (both ground and space), so I'm not sure how much that +5 to DRR will actually add to their damage resistance. The 10% increase to crit severity might not be so much if a critical hit were fairly rare, but people can stack crit chance from multiple sources these days. The tier 3 and tier 4 passives are possibly balanced: 0 to 75 DRR vs. 0 to 25% more damage. The tier 5 ability grants +33% to damage and +1000 to DRR. I'm not sure how you chose the number 1000, but effectively, this will push someone's damage resistance to 75%. Also, what is the cooldown on the tier 5 ability?

The damage resistance powers gained from the reputation aren't affected by the diminishing returns curve. So it should be granting you a flat bonus or really close to it.
    My main concern is the following: Dyson Joint Command Commendations. What kind of "daily" are we talking about here to get this? Is it something like the Romulan patrol dailies or is it something that requires us to do queued missions/events?

Missions that award commendations are:

1) Queued Dyson Sphere events
    2) Completing missions on the Ground Battle Zone
    3) Completing missions in the Space Adventure Zone

So, you'll not have to queue if you don't want to. There will be a lot of options. Ideally, there will be a chunk of content for nearly every type of player.

The Tier 5 power is a ground power. Also keep in mind that looking at ground power tooltips while in space will increase the value as space tables are wildly different. The inverse is true for looking at space powers on ground, they will look very...anemic.
    Question - is the amount of tokens required for the 2000xp project the same over the course of all five tiers?

Because with current reputation system the projects are getting more expensive with each tier. Now I wonder if it's the case with the new system as well or not.

XP project inputs costs never increase over tier. Tier 0 XP projects cost as much as Tier 4 XP projects.
    We could use some clarification on the reward boxes too, do they only give what shows up in the store, do they have a chance of giving stuff from the rep projects, aka armor and space gear.

I'm happy to help here. Completing an XP project in each tier will award you with a reward pack. What you get depends on the tier of the box (which is associated with the tier of the XP project).

Each reward pack will give you an item from the dilithium stores that are unlocked each tier. You're most likely to get an item that will be unlocked from the next tier's store. However, there's also a chance you'll get items from previous tier stores and next tier stores. There's also a small chance of getting a Voth Cybernetic Implant instead of a piece of gear.

It's important to note: All of these reward packs grant Mk XII blue and purple items and DO NOT include items from equipment projects, only those from the unlocked dilithium stores. It's our hope that you'll get a desirable piece of gear while progressing to the next store unlock. If you don't get what you want by the time you reach the next tier, you have the option to buy it outright from the Dilithium Store.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it's helpful.

Thanks for testing!
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -Each 200 XP (1 hour) project you kick off awards you as much Dilithium as the 800 XP (20 hour) project. Which means if you're actively running these projects you'll net a lot more dilithium ore than you would from previous reps.
    What 800 XP project? I only see a 200 XP and a 2000 XP (at Tier 0).