What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Federation Tutorial Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    jtyme77jtyme77 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got stuck there, too. I played a Joined Male Trill Science Officer. You can't beam back to the ship or drop the mission. You can't logout and login again to get back into space. Instead, you're put right back on Vega when you login. Your toon is permanently stuck there.:(:confused:

I ran into the same issue on my Andorian Female Eng. Looked around for the "return to ship" button to no avail. The abort mission should unlock at this time as a work around.
    Space missions have performed well at this point.
    Keenan.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With my second and third attempt to get through the tutorial, I was stuck at the same point twice.
    When you open the armory, grab the rifle, and talk to the cadet, 2klingons are supposed to come and kill the first cadet. However, it didn't happenned (twice), and the second door of the transporter room stay closed. Also, the hull breach cutscene still appear, no matter what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug #42,576

Similar to other reports, stuck in transporter room, andorian tac officer. However, I went to check something and had game in background, and when I went back, there was a Gorn in there shooting up the place, and the transporter room door did open after the Gorn was defeated.

No klingons to kill with the vented plasma, and the Reroute Plasma button stays in effect and can be pressed over and over.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe this isn't specific to tutorial, because maybe I saw it in the Voth mission ... I returned to transporter room, and the ensign security is barely visible and is appearing and reappearing, faintly, like a repetitive ghost.

There was a Voth ship that was transparent as well, but I didn't know if it was power or not.

It isn't merely a graphical glitch, she cannot be selected while invisible and can while visible, but deselects when invisible.

The ship more looked cloaked or something, so probably not related, as I was shooting in continually.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would this be a good time to bring up the old all blue LCARS thing again? Surely this would've been a great time to get some more colour back into those dull displays?

Other display refs: http://www.lcarsc.com/downloads/016_voyager_conn_3cg.png & http://www.lcarsc.com/downloads/020_voyager_eng_panels_Yvv.png & http://www.gtjlcars.de/images/LCARSbilder/initiations058.jpg
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    maliceladymalicelady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Liking what I see so far. I'm quite impressed with the ship interior in Training Cruise. Hoping we'll get something like that for our own ships at some point (maybe in the form of the new Fed interior for season 8 I've heard talk about?). I think this interior would fit an Oddy quite nicely.

Flyby sequences are great too (nice bit of trolling there by having the Vesta appear first! :P).

That said, Training Cruise is effectively unplayable. Enemies don't really spawn all that well; in the transporter map, I couldn't get past the 71% klingons to kill without switching instances. The klingons I'm supposed to kill on the bridge never appeared. The klingons which were supposed to be spaced in a cutscene never appeared either. Strange things going on with the doors as well; to the armory and the weapon bay later, I could march straight through them without having to open/breach them first.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    got as far as vega collony, and it was empty. aside from 1 other player running around. it just said to beam up, but i wasn't able to, or do anything else. oh great, after loging out for a wile, now on stuck on the other side of this stupid fence. this character is surely boned now :mad:

as far as the ships in the tutorial go so far, whats attacking you being a negvar is just silly and over the top. a ktinga would be less immersion shattering then you going up against a neghvar in a miranda and actually driving it off for a wile. or how about a kamarang? thats not to huge and it has a good looking model.

can we just remove that ugly typhoon from the game yet? replace it everywhere with the odyssey or galaxy or venture or regent or something. a new player might see that big ugly thing and want to eventually use it, but of course its not playable. and he never will be able to thankfully. it would also be cool to make the khitomer a cooler c store ship too, a regent, vesta, armatige, stuff like that. it wouldn't hurt to do a little advertising
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I forgot to mention the KDF ship, a Kamarag-class would be a better ship to use overall.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    OK...
    I closed the game and waited a little while before logging back in...

Upon returning to the bridge the mission had apparently reset itself.

I was able to fight the Klingons on the bridge and heal the bridge NPCs and complete that part of the mission.

:cool:
    Waited 15m, and logged back, but the mission didn't reset. Still stuck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited October 2013
    Fed-aligned Klingon Engineer

training cruise
    tutorial progressed without incident until repel klingon boarders, switched instances 4x then was able to get 100% to progress to "Reinforce structural integrity" submission.
    * Eps conduit is un-targetable except in shooter mode.
    * Advanced phaser training should really have a bit more length to it.
    * Consoles in Engineering are gigantic, maybe reduce the model by 50%
    Proceeded to the bridge, to watch Capt Taggert and a Klingon beaming out. currently stuck no crew to heal or boarders to repel will retry shortly.
    * Love the skylight its a nice touch
    * counted all 14 bridge consoles displaying the "Red Alert" symbol, would seem more immersive if the big consoles displayed the Red Alert and the smaller consoles were showing ship status, areas in need of repair or some such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So, I managed to finally complete this.

The second half, namely the Borg missions, lack tension to be honest. The feeling of an attack on a Federation colony by invading Borg should make the Elachi/Tal Shiar Virinat attack pale in comparison. The Borg assault, in the original version of the tutorial, on the Khitomer and Vega colony at least made it feel like there was some kind of ongoing struggle happening.

When you originally beamed aboard the Khitomer you saw a shuttle bay caught in a massive assault; you had crew members trying to hold key points in corridors and engineering while Borg attempted to push through their positions; even down on the Vega colony you had the beam-in location set up with Starfleet officers shooting down Borg who were advancing on them. Here it feels too static; it doesn't feel like a lot is actually going on.

I'm sure it'll be said that you don't want to "overwhelm" new players, but that doesn't make sense since a new player could just as easily play the Romulan tutorial, which actually has locations that feel hectic and like you're being invaded.

Also what's going to happen to Vega now, since it doesn't look like there's going to be a follow up mission anytime soon? I find it highly unlikely that we'd just leave it be, especially considering the chain of missions we get once we hit admiral rank, that has us take part in Omega Force and the Deferi Invasion. If we're sticking our necks out for a planet outside of Federation territory, why would we leave one deep within our own space to rot? I think some of this needs looking at story wise.

One thing to note, the Starfleet reinforcements didn't seem to be attacking the cube at the end. Either their AI is faulty or they're a little too far away from the position where the Borg cube warps in.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1) Really big no no no! You do not mix game mechanics into dialogue. The Miranda has 2 forward and one aft weapon mount in the game mechanics. In-universe it has at least 8 (4 torpedo launchers, 2 phaser strips, two cannon emplacements).

2) Big parts of the bridge were glowing like the whitespace where Picard met Q after he died. Otherwise it looks great and I want it. As soon as normal bridges are fixed to the point where they show your crew again.

3) The mission bugged out on me during "Klingon Marauders". I only got to 71%. Shooting the EPS conduit seemed pointless since no one was near it, however it had a mission objective arrow so I did it anyway. The arrow remained and there were no more Klingons to shoot on the whole map. Also, there was no visible door on the armory when I was supposed to unlock it.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Attempted as Male Andorian Tactical Captain.

Completed Tutorial up to the beginning of the Space portion. Got stuck at "Fire two shots", but nothing happened and waited for respawn like in the Romulan Tutorial, after a few minutes, I left.

Overall Feedback:

I don't want to sound cruel, but we was better off with the old Tutorial. This Tutorial may have a better look, but it's just too bland. Especially compared to the Romulan Tutorial or the one from Neverwinter.

SFA: Starting off at SFA, and going person to person was just boring. And the dialogue was just uninteresting. Even worse, you recycled the dialogue from the previous tutorial where its not explaining the system.

You need to give important details than just movement and interaction, explain the UI to the player! A first time player doesn't know what is what with the UI, unless they are a seasoned gamer that knows what a minimap is. EXPLAIN!

SFA Office: I'm happy that you made the buildings more realistic, but the new doors absolutely do not match with the scenery. (And of course there are some old doors still painted on that really make it even more out of place).

To the Holodeck: While following the girl, she mentioned a Holo Boothby......I did not see him at all. And how can you chat with cadets if you have to follow the girl? :rolleyes:

The Holodeck: It's the little things that count and really liked the new holodeck transition, was really smooth. But the combat tutorial itself really fell flat, all it basically said was "click and shoot", how about explaining to players how to target the Klingons? Talk about different functions of a weapon for cry'n out loud!

And add another one to explain shooter mode and get new players adjusted to it than stumbling onto it by clicking the wrong button and not learning how to get back into RPG mode!

The Shuttle: First off.....why is there a bar at the Shuttle departure area? You trying to get the shuttle pilot drunk and fly into the Golden Gate? (Oh yeah Sythehol...........well it doesn't belong).

Anyhow love the new detail of the shuttle deck........except the bar.......

Cutscene: Loved seeing some ideas I suggested in the past and flying to the ship. So kudos. However........ESD wasn't in geosynchronus orbit above San Francisco. Oh oh!

Oh and the dialogue: Warp 5 point........nothing? Nothing? Just say WARP 5 people!

And please leave out the STO terms. Miranda's in canon do not have 1 fore and aft phaser and 1 torpedo launcher! Leave those terms out, okay!

The Ship:

Shuttlebay: Okay you reused the Consitution Shuttlebay map and removed the pylon...........but Miranda's do not have curved shuttlebay and shuttlebay doors.

Couldn't you guys try to make other shuttlebays? I could've easily seen a proper Miranda shuttlebay be reused for other ships like the Galaxy or the Sovereign (the main shuttlebay, not the aft shuttlebay).

Also, you forgot the Impulse Engines (which of course the door is sort of blocking) as well as the lower warp Nacelles.

The Bridge:

First off to Brandon..........you was right, it was not a football stadium! :rolleyes:

I got to admit, it was far better in person than that twitter picture, and a lot more shiny. And in a way does have that classic feel as well as a 2409 feel.

However, yes the however. You couldn't give the crew seats in the consoles in front of the Captain? Just don't see the logic of having panels out in the open like that, and why is Ops and Conn.........yeah, move those guys to these consoles. You can't fly the ship if you have to strain your neck to see out the window.

Second...........can't the art team actually create new panels? Those old ones really don't go with the scenery.

Third.........the doors. Yes the Doors even on the ship are out of place. Its like they put on the primer and forgot to paint it.

Departure Cutscene: "Maximum Thrusters?" First off, there is no such term! Say something like "Ahead, Thrusters" or "Thrusters, Ahead Full!". Go watch TMP again, shoo shoo!

Klingon Attack:

Okay, we have the Klingons attack and beam aboard you suspecting a trap and yet.........no security present? You're beaming strangers aboard and suspect a trap and no security?

BTW, there is no Klaxon for Yellow Alert.

And Klingons would not declare, "We are taking over this ship on behalf of the Klingon Defense Force"......NO, they would say they were taking over the ship for the KLINGON EMPIRE!!!

BTW New Corridors were cool, but again the Tutorial does not deliver instructions.

And of course........old panels.........

Okay your going through the hallways, with no direction (seriously the tutorial isn't telling which direction to go). I found more Klingons in the hallway and it tells you to destroy objects. Which really gives a false impression of the game in making like they will encounter destructible objects in STO on a regular basis, which you need to better communicate.

BTW, Panel is to obvious. Make it a LCARs wall panel you access.

Bridge Part 2:

How did the Klingons make it to the bridge? Nobody think about locking down the turbolift? And how we get an Negh'var all of a sudden from a freighter. And why was she running under cloak? Yeah, I get it's a trap, but come on, make the story have more sense and flow.

So now we clear the bridge and......why does every console have to have "red alert"? How can you fight when your screen says "Red Alert", put some red LCARS, even be cute in taking some of the STO UI HUD and integrating into those consoles!

Space....:

Okay, finally into space and telling us to.......move. Okay, moving, moving.......zzzzzzzzz

Come now, at this point you really should explain the UI, BOFF powers, The Power control. the toolbar. I'm pretty sure you explain it, but it just drags on.......to much, you're putting people to sleep! And somewhere talk about customizing keybinds and even give popular suggestions than the WASD keys! Maybe people might like using the numkeypad?

Anyhow, as I said above, got to the Klingon Sattelites and........stuck with no respawn. (Note: Add respawning Sateillites).

BTW, why you happen to end up in a junkyard? And why Klingons jamming from Satellites?

Would've been funner to have players firing at destructible asteroids.

Overall: I honestly give Federation Tutorial 3.0 a............... D-. Yes a Dee Minus.

While there are lots of new bells and whistles, the story is slow and uninteresting. Do like you did with LoR and the original Tutorial and have the action drive the story. Not "go here, click that". I mean when you go to shoot the gun in the Romulan tutorial, it went with the flow of action. That's what you need to recapture with the new Federation Tutorial.

I know I personally suggested using SFA as the beginning of the tutorial, but I would redo it so you get the information out faster than then get you right to the action. And get rid of the Klingons, go back to the Vega!

All in all, even though I gave a D- for the tutorial, it was a decent attempt and the effort to improve the Academy was good. But the story needs to drive the action and the action needs to drive the player in learning the controls. Don't bore them with "Go here, click that". Okay?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    4) Found a new map through instance switching where I could kill more Klingons. Finished and now should get to the turbolift but I am blocked by an invisible wall where the EPS conduit was. The conduit is gone on the new map too.

By the way, the Klingons don't shoot back.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I was finally able to complete it.
    -During the last fight with the Klingon captain, he said "your captain begged for his life before he died", or something similar. But I saw taggart before he died, on screen, and he was not begging at all....
    -Instead of having the Klingon captain say "You're sure you don't want to surrender, cadet ?", it was the Vulcan captain... Betrayal ?
    -The field promotion dialogue is difficult to understand (the part where he say we need to join the Khitomer)
    -The first part of the vega colony mission, in space, and the part on the ground are "open", IE anyone can join. I didn't liked it, mostly because I was taking my time to read, and someone else just skip through the dialogues.
    -In the end, when the Starfleet reinforcement come, there is the USS Defiant. I though the USS Defiant was on DS9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    5) Switched instances again to get through invisible wall. The door to the torpedo room I was supposed to breach was open. Arrived on the bridge to see the captain being abducted but there are no Klingon boarders to defeat for the mission objective. (The half-destroyed red-alert bridge doesn't glow white like before).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I actually thought that the Klingon opening missions should have been an updated 2409 "Kobayashi Maru" test, I mean come on, you have a disabled freighter and some Klingons! That way Captain Taggart dying, and your ship being boarded, would happen at Pollux by the Borg where the Khitomer is disabled. Specifically that part of the mission ends with you returning to the bridge to see the Borg beaming in and assimilating Taggart.

Once the Borg drones have been defeated, the captain tells you to shoot him before he fully becomes Borg; here you have a choice: do as he commands you, or refuse and see him become a drone, which you then have to shoot. Sure the outcome is the same, but the choice over whether to wait until he'd become a mindless automaton before shooting would be a good one to give players.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    http://fenvar.lima-city.de/StarTrek/Bugs/Dontgointothelight.jpg Just uploaded a screenshot of how the bridge looks to me.

Flores has a different uniform in the cutscenes.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Well, I got to Vega but there's no Borg to defeat, and no colonists to rescue. Are we going to get better music cues, like the Romulan tutorial does at some point? It doesn't have to be new music, but a lot of the time it had this really "empty" feeling when playing through it so far.

Incidentally, Pollux and Vega are meant to be near the Jouret system, which unfortunately would now place those two star systems somewhere over in the Regulus sector block, between the Veela and Celes star systems.

No, Vega supposed to be NW of Sol / Earth (in the Alpha Quadrant), so putting it in Regulus would be a massive misjustice.

And Pollux should be somewhere in the Orion Sector.

amosov78 wrote: »
    I actually thought that the Klingon opening missions should have been an updated 2409 "Kobayashi Maru" test, I mean come on, you have a disabled freighter and some Klingons! That way Captain Taggart dying, and your ship being boarded, would happen at Pollux by the Borg where the Khitomer is disabled. Specifically that part of the mission ends with you returning to the bridge to see the Borg beaming in and assimilating Taggart.

Once the Borg drones have been defeated, the captain tells you to shoot him before he fully becomes Borg; here you have a choice: do as he commands you, or refuse and see him become a drone, which you then have to shoot. Sure the outcome is the same, but the choice over whether to wait until he'd become a mindless automaton before shooting would be a good one to give players.

You know, having a modern-day Kobiyashi Maru test would've been an interesting tutorial. We could've made it like we thought we left the holodeck, but didn't and when the ship gets destroyed, the holodeck disappears and the Captain appears giving his appraisal, like Kirk in WoK.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok quite good so far but I've found one thing. that bugs me so far, don't know if anyone's mentioned it but "I'd rather not die to Klingons on my first day" needs to be fixed

Also, when the Renown hails us "You do require assistance?" needs to be fixed

And he says we're promoted to ensign when it should say lieutenant
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, Vega supposed to be NW of Sol / Earth (in the Alpha Quadrant), so putting it in Regulus would be a massive misjustice.

And Pollux should be somewhere in the Orion Sector.

I know where Vega and Pollux are supposed to be, but if Cryptic is determined to put them somewhere on an existing accessible map, then why not choose the "lesser of two evils" and put them in the rough locations that were seen on screen in the show. I mean I'd prefer them to move Jouret, but I don't think that'll happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If you throw us on a map where people can interrupt our dialogues with NPCs please give us a chance to shoot them.:mad:

Edit: Okay, I finished it. Quinn again references game mechanics in his dialogue. You get Kolez which gives you two tactical officers and one engineer. I think T'Vrell would be preferable. Vega would in my opinion be better as a night map. Otherwise... Well I kind of like the new tutorial but it seems a tiny bit too much. You graduate from the academy, get attacked by a Negh'var while in a Miranda, then fight off the Borg (and not the weakened Borg of the original tutorial with a competent mostly enlisted crew but fully capable Borg with a crew of cadets) in space and on the ground.... I don't know....
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Minor gripe here

Don't mix and match the uniforms. We are on the same ship so the crew should be wearing all cadet / duty uniforms. Our First Officer "Elisa Flores" should NOT be wearing a the Odyssey Basic uniform as that is a Fleet unlocked uniform.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    tetsaboushakkentetsaboushakken Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [QUOTE=androphoros;12849021

First attempt: Male Joined trill engineer

Got stopped after the mission would not progress While repelling Klingon Invaders, after blowing up the EPS conduit and rerouted the plasma. It said i had killed 71% of the Klingons although there were no klingons left in the map
    .[/QUOTE]

Add me to this list... Lib Borg Tact though. I did also do an ingame report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Minor gripe here

Don't mix and match the uniforms. We are on the same ship so the crew should be wearing all cadet / duty uniforms. Our First Officer "Elisa Flores" should NOT be wearing a the Odyssey Basic uniform as that is a Fleet unlocked uniform.

Yeah, FLores, Vara, and T'Vrell should all be in the same uniform I agree
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Notes:
    Under tactical(if there is a difference)
    Some of the Cadets you talk to have names in the popup some just say Graduating Cadet

Door to office with Taggart is clearly visible when opening.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185339725

When I spoke to her before before starting the holodeck simulation, Flores is as bald as a Deltan, she regains her hair after the holodeck simulation.

During the holodeck simulation none of the Klingons fight back, is this intentional?

Since I turned off the tooltips, is there mention of holstering weapons after the sim? I just toasted all my shipmates at the point of a phaser ;)

In the cutscene, you can see a warp effect as you are heading toward ESD, a shuttle from earth to ESD wouldnt be travelling at warp to get there :)

Turbolift after the leaving the hanger deck, the JJ-verse bleeds over, way too much bloom going on.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185343989
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185344756
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185345129

During the cutscene from the bridge to the interior, R'raak doesn't appear in the cutscene, its just focused on consoles, this might be a drawing issue on my side though. The Klingons who transport in do.

cutscene issue, the klingon commander doesnt show in cutscene, but the one at the consoel does, again this might be on my end.

None of the crew grant popups allow for costume editing.

Guiding Light

Entering the system, the episode title does not appear inside the quotes that pop up on screen, in fact it is jsut a pair a quotes.

There is a pale blue covering the sector map in map mode and the mini map, this mapes it hard to see things.

Dire Warning/Assimilation of the Innocent

Which is the ep title, the sector interact says dire warning, the in mission prompts Assimilation of the Innocent (also there are no quotes on this)

Adm quinn cutscene

the sound fx doortag looks like a placeholder, but if its supposed to close caption the sound, a better name then feddoorbellfx might be in order :)
  • Options
    enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really enjoyed the following
    -the Bridge
    -the cutscenes
    -Dialogue and animations, ie when you salute the Captain without having to do the emote yourself

I did not like that I have to move around to speak to the other graduating Cadets. Perhaps you can add them all in the same room just outside the Captains office where you get your assignment, and give the player objectives to speak to each and everyone of them in turn.

If you want the player to learn ground maps tutorials, you could add another objective that allows him or her to see most of the landmarks on the map instead. For example, observe Boothby's Plaque, Observe the Bridge. etc. This could be a way to say goodbye to a place the player has spent 4 years of thier life training.

Bugs
    -Could not finish the tutorial where I needed to secure the transporter deck from Klingons.
    -Armory door was invinsible before I entered the codes.

Once again, that bridge and deck is awesome. would like to have it in game for my ship.

Thanks for all your effort.

Edit: More likes.
    It was good to see the Vesta during one of the cutscene when playing as a science captain. A good ship to look forward to flying when the player ranks up. This made me smile very much. Very well made.
    This are empty!
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Bajoran Tactical

- Player was not rendered in turbolift cutscene after Klingons beam aboard.
    - Doors to Armory do not appear until after using command codes
    - No Klingons rendered when hull breach cutscene happened.
    - Got stuck in transporter room waiting 5 minutes for 2nd wave of Klingons to appear and could not continue mission as Defeat Klingons was at 48%.
    - No Klingons in corridor after transporter room to use EPS Conduit against.

- On Weapons Level, Doors to weapons room not rendered until you finish the "breach door" action which you can miss and walk right in the room, by accident

- After Klingons beam Capt. Taggert away, there was one on bridge. Waited ten minutes, no change.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Overall this looks a lot better than the original so far. However, I have run into quite a few issues, many of which I have noticed other players mentioning.

-Doors not rendering well. You can generally see through most of the ones you have to go through.
    -Not enough Klingons appearing in the corridor and transporter room. I had to switch instances to find enough to progress.
    -No Klingon in corridor to use EPS on
    -No Klingons or Crewmembers on Bridge. Taggart and a Klingon beamed away as soon as I entered, but they were the only ones there. i was able to get Klingons to appear by switching instances, but no crew are here to heal. I cannot get past this.

I was playing a Human Tac
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    stodeckerstodecker Member Posts: 0 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Hey everyone,

Fantastic feedback so far. It's given me a good idea where to track down the bugs and get everything working smoothly on our end.

A few people have asked for tweaks to the story. I will go over some ideas with the leads and see if there is any wiggle room. No promises though, we might be story locked at this point.

We have the time to fix the graphical issues with the environments (the bloom on the bridge, doors clipping through walls, etc.), but wholesale 'change the bridge'-style feedback is simply beyond the scope of where we are at.

The cutscenes are still being worked on, animations being changed, and of course we can't get final timing until we get the voice files back from the audio department. That goes for some of the tooltips too.

If there are any tooltips you THINK should be in here, let me know ASAP, and also where you would put them. Keep in mind we can't throw a ton of game mechanics at the player in a row, or they'll never remember all of them. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks for your feedback,

STODecker