test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pcsparhawk wrote: »
    Sorry if I am in wrong section but I dont come to forum often but I do need help
    I have obtained all 3 items of the counter command kit and it said you receive a tailor unlock
    I can not see it available when I go to the tailor. Am I doing something wrong or is it another bug?

first, it's not just the kit you need 4 items: Kit, armor, shield, and gun. Once you have all four in the tailor on the top right corner is a pull down menu that defaults to "uniform" In that list you will see "off duty" and "formal". Once you unlock the set armor you will also see "counter command".

That's where it is.
  • ranzid1ranzid1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anybody know what would be causing this?

4g ram
    2.7ghz
    Nvidia Gforce 105 M

Help????:confused:
    edited January 2015
    ranzid1 wrote: »
    Anybody know what would be causing this?

4g ram
    2.7ghz
    Nvidia Gforce 105 M

Help????:confused:

Most likely culprit is your graphics card. That one is old and even when it was new it was among the weakest of the 100 series. Most importantly it barely supports directx10 which I think the game tries to default to using. Still, i bet a few options tweaks can get you taken care of.

First,when you start sto,before the "engage" button is active, on the top right there is an options button. Click that and "force verify". This will quickly check all your files in case you had a patch go wrong.

Next, if that still doesn't work, force it to quit (cntrl-alt-del if necessary) and do it again, this time checking both force verify and safe mode. In safe mode when you get to the character select screen, go to your options. In the display tab there is a pulldown for graphics card. This defaults to auto. Look for a directx9 option and set that. Then log out and log back in and you should be fine.

Hopefully just the force verify solves it though. And if you can't log in even with safe mode, then I'm sorry your problem is beyond my ability to solve.
  • sirthariussirtharius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi. This may be the dumbest question yet, but I CAN'T figure out what to do at the Pollux System! I'm on Communication Breakdown "Investigate what happened to the USS Khitomer." I tried Googling it but didn't find anything.
    So I set a course, got to the system, now I'm just sitting outside of it with about five other ships. I have no clue what to do. I have tried pressing every key, tried going to the Break Even (nothing clickable about it), tried flying around and coming back.. I'm stuck. I was having a grand old time enjoying my immersion into the story, and now I've been stuck for a while. Please help! I'm about to exit and go back to WoW!!!
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If your in space (where you travel between systems) try backing up and flying up or down closer to the planet. I've had it where you set a course and it puts you underneath the planet and you can't start the mission. Hope this helps.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To be more specific, most systems require you to be closer than 1/3 of a light year and the mission start queue will not show up until you are within 0.34 LY... There are a few systems that I've noticed (mostly the Nebulae) where you have to be within 1/5 of a light year, or 0.20 LY...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • naghaznaghaz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So clearly this isn't the intent of this thread and so I apologize in advance but I'm unable to post yet due to the age of my forum account.

Question I have is how long should I expect to wait for a response on account issues? I'm a lifetime account owner from release, but left the game after a few months. Some friends and I are returning but I see my lifetime account is gone, and it appears I need to re-link accounts or something? I sent a support ticket in last week, including all information about my past account including the transaction ID, but I've heard nothing at all since the automated "we're busy, it may be more than 48 hours" response. I'm on day seven now, so would love to hear ideas or feedback from others.
    edited January 2015
    naghaz wrote: »
    So clearly this isn't the intent of this thread and so I apologize in advance but I'm unable to post yet due to the age of my forum account.

Question I have is how long should I expect to wait for a response on account issues? I'm a lifetime account owner from release, but left the game after a few months. Some friends and I are returning but I see my lifetime account is gone, and it appears I need to re-link accounts or something? I sent a support ticket in last week, including all information about my past account including the transaction ID, but I've heard nothing at all since the automated "we're busy, it may be more than 48 hours" response. I'm on day seven now, so would love to hear ideas or feedback from others.

Typically two business days, however due to the holiday it might be best to reply to the notice ( there should be a reply instruction in the message) because after a certain time they close requests solved or not.

Also, welcome back, and this is exactly what this thread is for.
    edited January 2015
    A quick question---- What chat channel can KDF players use to get a team together for PVE's?
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    waldotrek wrote: »
    A quick question---- What chat channel can KDF players use to get a team together for PVE's?

Most DPS channels will have klingon private queues and if you can't get into one, however unlikely that may be, you can also look at RedditChat channel or Public Elite STF channel, all are fed/klingon channels that invite players to do pve queues.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited January 2015
    naghaz wrote: »

Depending on the issue they may send you an email asking you for more info on your situation. Make sure you didn't miss it if it went into spam. Normally it wouldn't take long but as mentioned, it is the end of the holidays so it may take time
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited January 2015
    New to the game - flying a Tier 4 Defiant with a Tac officer and thinking about implementing the kind of weapons build i am probably going to use on my current characters final ship.

Currently using 2 x dual beam banks and 2 x torpedoes on the front with 2 x beam arrays on the rear. I am using Beam FAW I and II and TS3 allowing me to hit multiple targets in my forward quarter at once (plus the TS3 looks pretty damn cool!). I've also got Tac Team in there for helping to keep my forward shields up. I find with this build i can one pass kill most NPC ships on the story line, usually 3 B'rels in one pass as well.

That being said eventually i want to put 2 turrets in the rear for 360 coverage including upping my DPS for my forward quarter. I will likely leave 1 x beam array in the 3rd aft slot once i get into my final ship.

Anyway the question..... Where do I buy / get turrets from?

If you want to keep that setup replace a torp with an array from back for more equality, but if you want more pewpower, go 3 beam arrays torp fore and kcb and omni beam from Dyson episode and if you're not running antiproton replace omni beam with exchange/R&D omni beam of flavor or a beam array. Another option is 3 dual heavies fore, torp, and kcb and heavy bioturret (from undine rep) or both bio heavy turrets, and trust me, even without the 3 set barrage power they do a lot more than normal console buffed turrets, even if the heavy turrets aren't supported by tac consoles.
    edited January 2015
    dunnonutin wrote: »
    Is there a guide for gear sets and how they synergize with different play styles? I know how the adapted maco with the 2-pc farengi torp and mine bonus is fantastic for dedicated torp boats, but what about the other sets?
    Check sto wiki and search up space sets, there you will find allllll the info on sets you'll ever want. From how mk xii jemhadar engines and deflector and Maco shield using polaron turrets on a vesta using siphon 3 all flow caps and plasma torps so when your target is dead in the water for you to mash into. To how the romulan space set is the ultimate way to make a near invincible 35k+ shield per facing Sci ship or cruiser.
    edited January 2015

Most of the traditional chat channels have been losing participants. If you have a ferasan the catphone channel is quite active and has great people who do queues pretty often.

The public DPs channel is also active and it is a great place for both teaming and build advice, but be prepared to receive criticism, most of the people there are not gentle.

Finally, most people team with their fleets for queues.
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the advice. The main reason I ask is shuttle weekend is coming up next month (one of my favorite events0 and want to make sure I can play the PVE stuff which can require up to 20 people.

I'll give the fleet route a try. Any channel that is critical of other players...that isn't happening for me. I'm here to have fun.
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the advice. The main reason I ask is shuttle weekend is coming up next month (one of my favorite events0 and want to make sure I can play the PVE stuff which can require up to 20 people.

I'll give the fleet route a try. Any channel that is critical of other players...that isn't happening for me. I'm here to have fun.
    The shuttle event is usually quite popular, I doubt you'll have any trouble at all even if you just pug.
  • headley523headley523 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am trying to slot Photon, Plasma, and the Winter Cryo Grenade kit modules in my kit frame. My kit frame has 2 Assault, 2 Strategic, and 1 Tactical (Assault/Strategic) slot.

My issue is once I slot the Photon and Plasma grenade, or Cryo and Photon, or Plasma and Cryo grenade, I cannot slot the third. I have tried on basic kit frames with 4 Assault kit slots and still I am only able to slot 2 grenades.

Is there a limit to how many grenades I can slot that I am not aware of? Or is this a bug?
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    one grenade of the same type i think. cryo and plasma probably count as the same type of grenade since they both deal lasting aoe type damage.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    one grenade of the same type i think. cryo and plasma probably count as the same type of grenade since they both deal lasting aoe type damage.

This is correct. Both count as base type plasma where the system is concerned, even though one is about cold damage, and it will not allow two of the same base type to be slotted. It also applies to photon, biomolecular photon and the delta rep granades as they are all base type photon and so you can't have them all in the same kit.

The engi and sci ones also have the same restrictions. For example on my sci I can't slot both endo and exothermic modules.
  • evilj69evilj69 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This will be an open question thread, as I have noticed a lot of people responding only to criticize a players time/skill level/knowledge instead of helping them answer their questions, so basically, you ask a question, and there's a 99.9% chance I will know the answer :) so ask away, I'll try to check. This thread as much as possible. All hands, ask away :D

Hello Mr.Badass,

I'm just starting to tinker with the R&D TRIBBLE in the inventory, projectiles specifically, And I seem to be stuck about halfway on level 2. Every time I craft something, the experience for that field barely goes up at all, and it seems I would be there, quite literally, for months to get to level 3, and even longer the higher it gets. Am I missing something...??

(Badass name is in response to your epicness of wanting to help people without being a condescending jerk)

Regards, EvilJ
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    You would be best served using the 20 hr "research" project - the one that just costs 1 white material and does not produce anything, but gives 6000 experience (7000 on a crit). Continue using these (only) for about two-three months and you will have your level up in the 12-15 range.

Even better, as you progress, you will open up extra slots, so you can run multiple projects at a time. Although you cannot rush one school by running multiple copies of the research project, you can run the research projects in multiple schools concurrently.

Within about 90-100 days from starting, you should be able to have four schools progressing and they should start hitting level 15. Everything is unlocked at level 15, so at that point you can switch schools and catch the others up.

Having started when crafting was first re-released, minus about two weeks worth of vacations, my characters who followed this plan now have 4 schools at level 15 and the others at 12-14.

Once you have your levels up in the 12-15 range, you can craft low mark items (2 or 4) with a very high rate of getting purple quality (in some cases 100%). At this point you can begin mass producing in order to get the mods you want, then upgrade those for your own use, or alternatively selling ones with the most desirable mods.

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried that 20 hour one, and that's how I got to level 2, but after that it disappeared. Do I need to level the other schools first?
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hmm. It should not have disappeared; I am still able to run them at levels 13-14.... perhaps your interface is bugged somehow, or you are attempting to run multi copies of it (you can only run one per school at a time).

Try switching the list to another school and then back.

I found out the issue... I'm a dumbass lol. It disappeared because I hadn't clicked "Collect results" of the last one. Now my only remaining question is I'm trying to find the "Warp field regulator" and I read it was available at lvl 3, but it's not there
  • crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Try changing the settings (upper right of the UI when viewing individual schools) so that all projects are shown.

This may also give you a clue as to why you cannot find the project normally (missing officer/resource/component...).

Hope this helps
    Proudly F2P
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone have a list of which mission accolades award trophies?
    Especially federation missions.

I think some trophy missions will be removed next patch but I need to know which give trophies.

As far as I remember
    "Ground Zero" awards a Hobrus Supernova trophy.

Also do note, these trophies are awarded by accolades not by completing the mission.
    So Fed Romulans can acquire them by simply grouping up with a fed player, and letting the fed player start the mission, then zoning in and playing.
  • nelhannesnelhannes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi all

I just starting playing STO on Friday and still trying to get my head around it, but I am loving it!

now, I have a question.

I am currently lv13 and my character is an ENG.

I have since day one struggled to get my torpedoes to fire?!? and have now completely removed them. when I do get them to fire though they do awesome hull dmage once I manage to drop the shields of the enemy.

But I have now tested it and confirmed something is wrong. currently I am flying a cruiser and have 2 aft and 2 forward slots for weapons. the aft 2 I equipped a phaser and disruptor turrets for the 360 arc.

the front I have phaser beam and dual pahser beam allowing me to fire all weapons with the 90 degree front of my ship. (I am still learing about weapons so feel free to crit my weapon choices)

Now to get back to torpedo;s I replace my dual phaser with my torpedo to test. I removed all auto fire and set full power to weapons.

with this set as above my and power to 110 my torpedo is still grayed out and I can not fire it, even if set to autofire and locked onto a target. now sometimes when I activate torpedo high yield it will fire but also not all the time...

what is up with it? are torpedos this unstable in the game?

current setup
    NewBitmapImage_zpsed15b6f3.jpg
    edited January 2015
    nelhannes wrote: »
    Hi all

I just starting playing STO on Friday and still trying to get my head around it, but I am loving it!

now, I have a question.

I have since day one struggled to get my torpedoes to fire?!? and have now completely removed them. when I do get them to fire though they do awesome hull dmage once I manage to drop the shields of the enemy.

But I have now tested it and confirmed something is wrong. currently I am flying a cruiser and have 2 aft and 2 forward slots for weapons. the aft 2 I equipped a phaser and disruptor turrets for the 360 arc.

the front I have phaser beam and dual pahser beam allowing me to fire all weapons with the 90 degree front of my ship. (I am still learing about weapons so feel free to crit my weapon choices)

Now to get back to torpedo;s I replace my dual phaser with my torpedo to test. I removed all auto fire and set full power to weapons.

with this set as above my and power to 110 my torpedo is still grayed out and I can not fire it, even if set to autofire and locked onto a target. now sometimes when I activate torpedo high yield it will fire but also not all the time...

current setup
    Torpedo's gray out when your enemy is not in your firing arc. Torpedoes have a pretty limited arc, you can see it if you hover your mouse over the weapon. Just leave it on autofire and it will shoot when it is aimed right.

As for your weapon choice, try to keep all one damage type (phasers or disruptors, not mixed some of each) and try to use the tactical consoles that match the damage type rather than the ones for beams or cannons. You'll see those have double the bonus.
    edited January 2015
    Another quick question..What is the Miner Doff used for? The one you can acquire at the fleet Dil Mine.
  • nelhannesnelhannes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Torpedo's gray out when your enemy is not in your firing arc. Torpedoes have a pretty limited arc, you can see it if you hover your mouse over the weapon. Just leave it on autofire and it will shoot when it is aimed right.

As for your weapon choice, try to keep all one damage type (phasers or disruptors, not mixed some of each) and try to use the tactical consoles that match the damage type rather than the ones for beams or cannons. You'll see those have double the bonus.

thanks. I will check it out. ki want to get to a point where i can take down shields, forward face ship and launch 2 torpedos for hull damage? but i see lots of people say torpedos are not that great and to rather concentrate on beam weaponry?

what is your guys view point on:

Turrets? - 360 arc but less DPS?
    Tetryon weaponry?

I want to build a tank basically with max DPS and strong enough shields to withstand a pounding?
    edited January 2015
    nelhannes wrote: »
    Hi all

now, I have a question.

current setup

My screens look nothing like this, I have never seen this particular screen... Weird.

westmetals, mad props for your knowledge, YTM. I used to have the D'kir (S?) warbird, then when I got a ship upgrade token, I went to the bigger one. Apparently it has WORSE console stations? My old ship had I thik it was commander tactical station, new one only has Lt. even though it's a bigger better ship
    edited January 2015
    I just clicked on "request more duty officers" and there is one from completing a mission that I thought I lost, Law, that says "Click to receive" or something similar, when I click it, nothing happens. I've been wondering what happened to Law. The little box it says he is in is not in my inventory