test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the other threads made me go back and look at the MA article for Caitians. Then I looked here. What is that decoration the first two Caitians have on their uniforms? I don't think we have that in game at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the other threads made me go back and look at the MA article for Caitians. Then I looked here. What is that decoration the first two Caitians have on their uniforms? I don't think we have that in game at all.

Looks like some symbols.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Which would be nice to have as a uniform option. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That.... that would be a negatory.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Which would be nice to have as a uniform option. :)

There are many things that would be nice.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    There are many things that would be nice.

Like more costumes? :P
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Like more costumes? :P

Specific costumes for species. Oh and... we can always use more animal species.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Specific costumes for species. Oh and... we can always use more animal species.

I don't actually want more specific costumes for specific species only, we have too much of that already. :(

Having those costumes tied to specific races wouldn't be a bad idea though.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't actually want more specific costumes for specific species only, we have too much of that already. :(

Well I don't mean one species can only have said item. I meant costumes based on specific species for that faction.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well I don't mean one species can only have said item. I meant costumes based on specific species for that faction.

So we are thinking the same thing, good good. :P
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Adding my support here for more diverse hair options -- the amount we have right now is piddly, and we didn't even have THOSE for the longest time. Remember the days of bald-only?

So why give us only a handful of hair options? I mean, I appreciate that we got some at all! I really do -- I bought playable Ferasans just to get all of the hair options unlocked! But practically every other race has WAY more and, as many people before me have said, M'Ress had long hair. She is our only example of a female Caitian, and we can't even look remotely similar to her.

As for Caitians in general, I agree with what others have said -- the few we have seen in the movie were cameos, and do not necessarily depict any sort of 'required' parameters for the race as a whole. So there's really no point in being restrictive with their hair options, facial options, coloring, fur patterns, etc. This obviously goes for Ferasan as well.

I also agree with the option for barefeet. They should still be able to wear boots too if they want, but options are nice. As for feet/leg types, I am personally fine with what is presented, however, I would not be against adding those options (eg digitigrade legs). An option for paws instead of hands would be nice, but again, I'd prefer it as an optional thing.

In short, options are always better than no options. I find myself saying this on the forums a lot lately. Just release a "Caitian/Ferasan Cosmetics Pack" on the C-Store already! Though it'd be nice to get more FREE options, if making it a C-Store unlock is what it takes for it to be worth the development time, then by all means, make it a C-Store unlock.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What I want to know is how difficult such a task would be. I mean KotOR is from 2003, but we we do have the ability to turn Juhani into a Ferocian, because we all know the Ebon Hawk is not going to mop itself. So why not such patterns in STO? :rolleyes:

Note: That linked page is on FileFront, so it might say "Invalid File ID." Just keep hitting F5 until the page shows. FileFront is broken, so very very broken. :mad:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Adding my support here for more diverse hair options -- the amount we have right now is piddly, and we didn't even have THOSE for the longest time. Remember the days of bald-only?

So why give us only a handful of hair options? I mean, I appreciate that we got some at all! I really do -- I bought playable Ferasans just to get all of the hair options unlocked! But practically every other race has WAY more and, as many people before me have said, M'Ress had long hair. She is our only example of a female Caitian, and we can't even look remotely similar to her.

As for Caitians in general, I agree with what others have said -- the few we have seen in the movie were cameos, and do not necessarily depict any sort of 'required' parameters for the race as a whole. So there's really no point in being restrictive with their hair options, facial options, coloring, fur patterns, etc. This obviously goes for Ferasan as well.

I also agree with the option for barefeet. They should still be able to wear boots too if they want, but options are nice. As for feet/leg types, I am personally fine with what is presented, however, I would not be against adding those options (eg digitigrade legs). An option for paws instead of hands would be nice, but again, I'd prefer it as an optional thing.

In short, options are always better than no options. I find myself saying this on the forums a lot lately. Just release a "Caitian/Ferasan Cosmetics Pack" on the C-Store already! Though it'd be nice to get more FREE options, if making it a C-Store unlock is what it takes for it to be worth the development time, then by all means, make it a C-Store unlock.
    They are cheating themselves out of money by not putting a pack on the store.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    that's what I was thinking. Such as having a Bajoran earring attachment that gets unlocked for other races if you bought Bajorans.

It's hard to even be sure what this particular item is. But it looks cool.

Going back to the Z-pack idea.... there could be several different items tied to various races, with Caitian stuff as one of several items.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    If you are here to troll you should just leave the thread.

Bad troll is bad..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    He's shown up in these threads before, ignore him. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I see.

10chars.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So if we ever get Borg cats, do you think they'll make them look like Sphinxes or just keep the hair and make them have the standard infected color?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So if we ever get Borg cats, do you think they'll make them look like Sphinxes or just keep the hair and make them have the standard infected color?
    Well, if the doffs are any indication, they'll keep the fur.

another item for the cosmetic race pack idea: Andorian combadges.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We need those Borg Gorn too. As I originally said in the first thread, shrink the current model down but keep the scorpion tail IF we want it.

Make it a be a species specific ability.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013

There is a liberated borg caitian in the foundry. She just has an eye attachment.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There is a liberated borg caitian in the foundry. She just has an eye attachment.

Yea, I use her. But she's kinda just a normal cat with an eye piece.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, if the doffs are any indication, they'll keep the fur.

But they're all liberated, and so far all liberated borg regrow their hair.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How about both options?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks to Cryptic for giving the cat ships some new skins.
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely need better hairstyles.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So I asked about Hairstyles for us in the livestream.

[Captain Smirk] Beast = No plans right now for a hair update for those species
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good attempt, if ultimately disappointing.