test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Okay, here's an issue I ran into:

Previously, I was able to change the type of bikini top and the pattern (male or female orions) on the hula shirts, however now the dropdowns are grayed out and I don't know why.

http://i.imgur.com/wcE1WyD.jpg

The only thing I did was open:

Winter Jacket Short Frost
    Winter Jacket Cropped Frost
    Board Shorts Plaid
    Board Shorts Red with Palm

Not sure if one of these is interfering or something.

My character is a federation human female captain eucharis@stararmy

Ticket ID #3,486,875.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Character is Kirque@turbomagnus
    Alien Male RRF Engineer
    The problem is affecting a BOFF - Tovan Khev.

His "Jacket - Tovan" is no longer appearing in "Uniform - Jacket Tight", only "Jacket Loose", leaving his "Pouches" Chest Gear unequippable at the same time as his "Jacket - Tovan".
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    stararmy wrote: »

Previously, I was able to change the type of bikini top and the pattern (male or female orions) on the hula shirts, however now the dropdowns are grayed out and I don't know why.

Board Shorts Plaid

Ticket ID #3,486,875.

Funnily enough, I only noticed I had this option when I went into the tailor a few minutes ago. I'd edited the costume a couple of times previously and it was greyed out. So I'm not sure if it's randomly not working or if it's related to something else. I was using the same character and haven't opened any new clothing.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Will fixing the missing limbs and missing arms for Risan clothing and Klingon Leather Vest also help the Fed "The Original Series - Medical" top as well?

We've made fixes for the TOS Medical tops that were missing arms as well.

Regarding Board shorts (Gorn):
    Currently, some of the board shorts (Plaid pattern, and the basic plain one) are having some problems with certain races such as Gorn. We have made fixes for these items, and we are waiting for them to get verified and sent to the servers.
    edited June 2015
    Funnily enough, I only noticed I had this option when I went into the tailor a few minutes ago. I'd edited the costume a couple of times previously and it was greyed out. So I'm not sure if it's randomly not working or if it's related to something else. I was using the same character and haven't opened any new clothing.

What race, faction, and what level is your character?
    We would like to investigate this.
    edited June 2015
    callevista wrote: »

Sorry, should have included that.

Liberated Borg Romulan, level 60, Fed Ally. S'anra@khamseen.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I had this issue, but the option to change the sex of the orions on the shirt didn't grey out, the dropdown went away entirely after I was able to set it last night.

Klingon Borg KDF lvl 60

HardFlame@Six-of-Nine
    Belief manifests reality
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm also seeing this, but it's more than just the Borg: the character I have is a Level 60 Klingon, K'lara@MandoKnight.

The issue occurred after I got the board shorts.
    edited June 2015
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    I had this issue, but the option to change the sex of the orions on the shirt didn't grey out, the dropdown went away entirely after I was able to set it last night.

Klingon Borg KDF lvl 60

HardFlame@Six-of-Nine
    I'm also seeing this, but it's more than just the Borg: the character I have is a Level 60 Klingon, K'lara@MandoKnight.

The issue occurred after I got the board shorts.

I also got board shorts in between when it works and when it didn't
    Belief manifests reality
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I bought my board shorts (the really pretty ones with palms) after my waves shirt, and none of my options have gone away: Kinanra@dragonsbrethren, Romulan, female, fed-aligned
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I bought my board shorts (the really pretty ones with palms) after my waves shirt, and none of my options have gone away: Kinanra@dragonsbrethren, Romulan, female, fed-aligned

my board shorts are the plain red kind.
    Belief manifests reality
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The missing wetsuit issue on a Reman KDF Male is also being looked at.

Seems this was quite awhile ago (i.e. last summer when wetsuits were added), but don't recall seeing this was ever fixed - could easily have missed it. I picked up the "Wetsuit (full)" for my Reman KDF male last year, and to-date, it still doesn't show up. For reference, I'm currently looking at the last available costume slot on the character (13 of 13 on Renek@mectesh), and the only categories available from the drop-down menu are: Uniform, Kobali Armor, Club Wear, Formal Wear, and Off Duty. I'd like to avoid throwing Lohlunat favors into the void again.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue?
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • dcpuserdcpuser Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have an issue where my Male Joined Trill loses his legs and waist line when wearing the new Risa palm shorts. Haven't earned the others to test.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Legless with the solid-color red board shorts on a male Fed Trill (non-joined, level 60). Also, he's lost the normal swimwear slot type, which means I can't use the swim trunks from last year anymore.

Jazan@FuturePastNow is the character.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Risian Flower Accents can't be used in the Beachwear Separates category. I know this affects female characters, I don't have a male with the flower accents unlocked to check.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not happy.

[System] [ItemReceived] Item acquired: Aloha Shirt, Male (Hula, Red)

[System] [CostumeUnlocked] Outfit unlocked

When right clicking this outfit at the vendor on Risa next to the tailor, and right clicking the box it comes in and looking at the info, it clearly says at the bottom of the info "....but can only be used in an Off Duty Uniform slot".

This didn't unlock correctly. My Aloha shirt wound up in the beachwear seperates category. I haven't purchased any beachwear. My Aloha shirt isn't in off duty anywhere. I checked all upper categories. And the only thing I have for lower category in beachwear separates is Basic Tight pants and no shoes or boots of any kind. :(

The item information window for all Aloha shirts says it can be worn by male and female captains even though there are separate boxes for both genders.

Item information window of the Aloha shirt I bought http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/aloha%20shirt%20item%20info_zpso3qvwysj.jpg~original

Beachwear separates http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/aloha%20shirt%20in%20wrong%20spot_zpseit2tohw.jpg~original

I tried switching instances on Risa and even beamed up to my ship and back and my Aloha shirt is still missing from off duty category. :(

Character name: Tord@monkeybone13
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    stararmy wrote: »

Board Shorts Plaid

Ticket ID #3,486,875.
    I'm not sure if it was devs or not, but when I logged on this morning, the issue seems to be resolved, at least for now. The options are back for me.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
    edited June 2015
    I'm not happy.

[System] [ItemReceived] Item acquired: Aloha Shirt, Male (Hula, Red)

[System] [CostumeUnlocked] Outfit unlocked

When right clicking this outfit at the vendor on Risa next to the tailor, and right clicking the box it comes in and looking at the info, it clearly says at the bottom of the info "....but can only be used in an Off Duty Uniform slot".

This didn't unlock correctly. My Aloha shirt wound up in the beachwear seperates category. I haven't purchased any beachwear. My Aloha shirt isn't in off duty anywhere. I checked all upper categories. And the only thing I have for lower category in beachwear separates is Basic Tight pants and no shoes or boots of any kind. :(

The item information window for all Aloha shirts says it can be worn by male and female captains even though there are separate boxes for both genders.

Item information window of the Aloha shirt I bought http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/aloha%20shirt%20item%20info_zpso3qvwysj.jpg~original

Beachwear separates http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/aloha%20shirt%20in%20wrong%20spot_zpseit2tohw.jpg~original

I tried switching instances on Risa and even beamed up to my ship and back and my Aloha shirt is still missing from off duty category. :(

Character name: Tord@monkeybone13

Callevista already mentioned this the day the event went live.
    Some of the Uppers for beachwear were not ready to be used for Off Duty. But, we are on track to release it for Offduty soon. (There are some things that had to be changed to have them viable for Offduty). Suffice to say, we are testing it now, and will send it out as soon as it clears.

Also, there are some bugs with the Floaters that aren't appearing, these will also be fixed.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    daboholic wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a bug, intentional or just an oversight.

After buying some of the new Risa beachwear I noticed that the Beachwear Separates category doesn't seem to have access to the Risian Flower Accents.

The Island Flower Headband is still listed in Head Attach Tech under the Head tab, but under the Uniform tab there are no menu options for Arm, Collar, Wrist, Belt, Ankle, Hips Attachments.

I am seeing the same thing on My Rom-Fed Lib Borg Romulan. It would be awesome if the flower accents could be added to this category.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I guess that means the open aloha shirts will go because only Orions are allowed to show some skin?

Please keep them as they are and allow the open version for Captains too

And now something else:

If i wear the TOS medic shirt my arms become invisible. i didn't have that problem a few weeks ago. could it be because of the Summer event? I have seen many Romulans wearing civilian Wraps and they had invisible Arms and necks too
    edited June 2015

Thank you for the heads up. Glad to see it's being worked on.

Something else related to Risian outfits:

For 2 year's I've been bugged by this one. Risian flower accents have the wrong color palette for at least some of the pieces. For example: the flower accent collar has the KDF uniform color palette on my KDF Klingon. Across all characters I got the flower accents for in 2013 they have issues. It's hard to make all pieces of the flower accents match when some pieces have the off duty type palette and other pieces have the Fed or KDF uniform palette. It seems to vary. On some character the flower accent belt might have the same palette as the collar but different from all the rest of the pieces.

If they can find the time to go through all species/factions and fix the color palette issue on the flower accent outfit pieces it would be appreciated.
    edited June 2015
    Romulan ToS uniform pieces are still incorrectly labeled as 22nd century when the should be labeled as 23rd century.

I found the Romulan ToS (22nd century) top was moved from the tight category to jacket loose. The problem: with upper category set to Jacket Loose the Romulan 22nd century (ToS) sash is missing. I only have the 24th century sash available.

Found this out on a male Reman. Character name: Kamiccolo@monkeybone13
    edited June 2015
    Character: Tord@monkeybone13

Risian Explorer upper, pants, and boots all have the klingon color palette instead of the off duty palette.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The following issues have cropped up with my new Delta Recruit character while playing with the Swimwear on Risa. I will add the Romulan Alien Gen issue in another post.

Sorry, I have not read all 160 pages of this post...but it seems costume option issues are being collected in this one thread, so I am adding this here:

On Lethean Captain: is basically a Frankenstein (minus stitches). I am pretty sure this is a problem with the entire race (Captains and BOFFs), not just my particular Lethean Captain.

There is his Lethean HEAD attached atop of a human body in any swim wear category. A distinct line where his Lethean "skin" ends at his neck. No option for "Lethean Claws", not to say that would fix the look of this poor character.

Looking further, any category from "Uniform" to "Off Duty" (even "Khan") that shows bare skin has this Frankenstein issue.

Bare arm options in any category from "Uniform" to "Off Duty" that has the option for "Lethean Claws" there is a distinct line where the Lethean "skin" ends on the hand (and attaches to a human arm).

*****NOTE: I thought I read in the forums last year someone thanking Devs for a very nice "skin" that was added to the tailor for Lethans with swim wear on. But, maybe, I could be remembering wrong. It may be near impossible, but IF I find that post I will link it here, later...******

(Did a search....I can not find what I was reading last year. But I assume my memory was mistaken about the race, "skins" may have been added for: Reman or Borg (Zen items) but not Letheans??)

I see there is a Dev reading this thread: don't leave the Letheans behind!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The following issues have cropped up with my new Delta Recruit character while playing with the Swimwear on Risa. I add the Lethean issue in another post.

Sorry, I have not read all 160 pages of this post...but it seems costume option issues are being collected in this one thread, so I am adding this here:

Used the Alien Gen in the Romulan faction to create a Klingon female.

(Character: Lyra@where2r1..I am pretty sure there is only a small handful of these running around)

Looks great....until swim wear came into play. With bare back options of the swim wear, she does not have the bony ridges of a "normal" Klingon.

Well, after writing this down, this may just be a costume selection issue on my part. Because there are plenty of options in costumes that will hide her back. And I will be collecting those aloha shirts.

*****UPDATE: Swim suit with closed back is called "Outfit box Swimwear Female One Piece" and "Outfit box Swimwear Female Wetsuit (Full)". Both of those will hide any missing back details such as Klingon back bone ridges. I am not sure how many other races have back details, though.

The "Risan Beachcomber" and "Risan Explorer" outfits all have closed backs....but they have that other problem with the huge animation tear under the arms which show horribly during the Dances (unless you pick a shirt color that matches the avatar's skin tone).

Female Aloha shirts....is a no go, too short. The small of the back is exposed, though MALE shirts cover everything. The female version of the shirts don't come all the way down to the waist of the board shorts.

Can Females buy and wear the MALE Aloha shirts? I would assume they would be "shapeless" on her.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The male aloha shirts clip with swim trunks' waistlines when used and presumably will pose even worse issues with off-duty outfits when that gets fixed.

The only sunglasses that unlock for Talaxian males are the visor.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the same glasses problem exists in some other races, especially noticeable in boffs.

out of eye attach options i have on my fed (eyepatch left/right, intel glasses, miner googles, sunglasses octagon/shield/small round/visor/sporty/glam and visors 01, 02 and 03):

kobali boff can only equip sunglasses glam.

if you select category as hierarchy head for male alien or photonic engineering boff (also applies to the old, editable hierarchy boff), he can only equip sunglasses sporty, like kobali boff. he can equip everything if category is picked as humanoid, but head shape irregular though.

any boff with category: hats can only equip the risian sunglasses and visor 01. no eyepatches, no intel glasses, no miner googles and no visor 02 and 03.

male boffs can't equip sunglasses glam (but it looks like glam and sporty are the same thing, just differently named, so i guess this doesn't matter that much other than naming discrepancy).

on a slightly different topic, the balding hairstyle is missing one color slot, so the off color patch can't be changed unless you switch to another hairstyle that has more slots, like braided or close 08.

kdf aligned kobali boff also can't use kdf uniforms, she only has starfleet ones.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    edited June 2015
    While wearing the tank top in off duty wear the 'Weathered Undershirt' from Khan's Tunic is available and ends up clipping horribly. (it's found underneath the 'Back' category) It looks worse on males since it's a sleeveless shirt instead of a tank top undershirt.

Edit: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/khan%20undershirt_zpstpk69uii.jpg~original
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You might want to pass this bug report onto your graphics team:

Holodeck ticket #3,489,666: Low-resolution textures on outfits, skin, and hair
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited June 2015
    mectesh wrote: »
    Seems this was quite awhile ago (i.e. last summer when wetsuits were added), but don't recall seeing this was ever fixed - could easily have missed it. I picked up the "Wetsuit (full)" for my Reman KDF male last year, and to-date, it still doesn't show up. For reference, I'm currently looking at the last available costume slot on the character (13 of 13 on Renek@mectesh), and the only categories available from the drop-down menu are: Uniform, Kobali Armor, Club Wear, Formal Wear, and Off Duty. I'd like to avoid throwing Lohlunat favors into the void again.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue?

Thanks, we've been busy with fixes of late, but we will definitely look into this.