Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Not quite. The Adapted MACO has a different look than the normal MACO. It comes with the helmet, gloves, collar, and shoulder pads that I'm missing. I have all the correct pieces on my Fed Male Alien, but not my Female one. If your alts are missing these pieces, then your outfits are broken as well and I would suggest posting their details with screenshots for callevista to check.

I will admit I'm rather confused by the new system. I had only completed the cosmetic projects with one Federation character prior to the change. She's got the following options:
    • MACO
    • MACO Operational
    • MACO Striker
    • Omega Force
    • Omega Force Harvester

My Federation characters are all females of various species (human, Vulcan, Klingon, Liberated Borg, "alien", Romulan [Fed allied]). All of the ones that have only the Mk XII gear have costumes that look exactly like yours.
    lan451 wrote: »
    There is also no Adapted Omega gear. There is only one set for both Feds and KDF.

There were two separate cosmetic projects for Omega. Is there a way to get the Harvester unlock under the new system, or is that bugged?

I haven't looked at the Omega gear on the KDF side yet, still working on Honor Guard for the first time. I've noticed inconsistencies between male and female characters, but I don't know what the options were supposed to be.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I will admit I'm rather confused by the new system. I had only completed the cosmetic projects with one Federation character prior to the change. She's got the following options:
    • MACO
    • MACO Operational
    • MACO Striker
    • Omega Force
    • Omega Force Harvester

My Federation characters are all females of various species (human, Vulcan, Klingon, Liberated Borg, "alien", Romulan [Fed allied]). All of the ones that have only the Mk XII gear have costumes that look exactly like yours.

There were two separate cosmetic projects for Omega. Is there a way to get the Harvester unlock under the new system, or is that bugged?

I haven't looked at the Omega gear on the KDF side yet, still working on Honor Guard for the first time. I've noticed inconsistencies between male and female characters, but I don't know what the options were supposed to be.

Ahh okay, I see where you're getting confused. It goes like this:

For MACO and KHG, there are 3 visuals. The first visual comes from the standard MK XII gear. The second visual comes from the Adapted version of the MK XII gear. The third visual you get is tied to an accolade you get from beating the Elite ground STF optionals. This one is not tied to a piece of armor though, it's just from the accolade.

For Omega, there are 2 visuals. The first comes from the Omega MK XII piece. The Harvester visual comes from beating the Elite ground STF optionals just like the third MACO piece does. This is not tied to a piece of armor either. This is why there's only a single set of Omega for both Feds and KDF but 2 visuals.

Under the old system, there were a series of unlocks for MK XI and then MK XII gear. These have been removed. Now, as soon as you pick up the MK XII piece of armor, it unlocks the entire visual for that set in the tailor (so getting MACO XII should give me the whole normal MACO visual). Or at least it's supposed to. That's where these outfits are broken. They're only giving me half the outfit when I should be getting the whole thing.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »

The old harvester gear is obtained when you get all the ground elite stf optionals iirc. When you get that, it should unlock the project for the outfit pieces.

Btw, my KDF rom is missing outfit pieces for KHG outfits. Stuff like collar, upper arm guards etc.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    I didn't see this reported in the OP and skimmed the posts (big thread) and didn't see it there.

If you trade an Embassy Romulan to another Captain for training they come back like this:

screenshot_2013-05-15-16-44-151339Mid.jpg

One character affected: Ariel Stuart@Protector if you want to pull a copy to look at the BOff.

It's very disconcerting to get hails from this Bridge Officer... :eek:

Thank you for posting.
    This is a known issue.
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard any resolutions to it yet.
    Our programmers were sent this bug and it's on their list.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It was initially said by Borticus that Fed Diplomacy (Gorn, Orion, and Nausicaan) should have access to MACO via the dropdown if a player has unlocked that uniform and Klingon Marauding BOs (Human, Andorian, Vulcan, Trill) should have access to honor guard.

Was this a misunderstanding or is the absence of these options not intentional?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It was initially said by Borticus that Fed Diplomacy (Gorn, Orion, and Nausicaan) should have access to MACO via the dropdown if a player has unlocked that uniform and Klingon Marauding BOs (Human, Andorian, Vulcan, Trill) should have access to honor guard.

Was this a misunderstanding or is the absence of these options not intentional?

Diplomacy and Marauding Boffs should have access to their respective faction uniforms! I want my orion in an Honour Guard outfit dangit!
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Thank you for posting.
    This is a known issue.
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard any resolutions to it yet.
    Our programmers were sent this bug and it's on their list.

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

But it's been a little over a year that I first reported the bug. And it is disheartening that they know about it, but still don't have a resolution and it's not on the known issues of every patch.

It's not like the BOffs were free, they required a few resources to get. And really, all that's required to fix them is to make a "trade-in" npc on the embassies to take the broken BOff and spit out a non-broken one that is the same quality (even if they don't have the new trained skill, and are the baseline Green, Blue or Purple BOff). And while I don't know how hard that would be to program, I'm sure it can't be harder than the console trade-in guy that takes Andorian weapons and older consoles. Maybe even have him do the trading.

Thanks again for replying.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Posting again (with picture) because it seemed to be ignored before.
    Federation Klingon, mirror universe top:

QgffSXhl.jpg

An outfit from before season nine was fine, though lacked back ridges, this happens if you select it at the tailor now. Other characters and BOs of other species are fine as far as I know.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    themartian wrote: »
    Posting again (with picture) because it seemed to be ignored before.
    Federation Klingon, mirror universe top:

QgffSXhl.jpg

An outfit from before season nine was fine, though lacked back ridges, this happens if you select it at the tailor now. Other characters and BOs of other species are fine as far as I know.

Is the character depicted here your Captain (main character) or a Bridge officer?
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is the character depicted here your Captain (main character) or a Bridge officer?

Is there even a way to get a BO onto DS9's promenade? I don't remember there being any away team missions set there.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

That's my captain.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's my captain.

Thanks.
    The reason why I ask is that we've had similiar bugs on Bridge officers.
    And yes, you probably could not have your BOFFs on DS9 at anytime, but hey -just being thorough :P
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks.
    The reason why I ask is that we've had similiar bugs on Bridge officers.
    And yes, you probably could not have your BOFFs on DS9 at anytime, but hey -just being thorough :P

Foundry missions would nallow BOs there so good call.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The other issue for my Klingons, captains and BOFFs, Federation, KDF and former drones alike is the inconsistency of their back ridges.
    If you choose the KDF armour you can see them:

XQdSXIml.jpg

But any other top with skin showing,like winter jackets or the Enterprise mirror universe, they are still the regular smooth back. Dodgy join with the neck aside (which I normally don't see because the hair's in the way) I prefer the ridges and would like to see them on the other options.
    My alt army:
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If your omega outfit is broken, please post the exact problem(s) and your character details: (Fed, Klingon), race, and level.
    Screenshots are also helpful.
    All these things help us deal with these issues faster.

Missing Thigh armours on Romulan females and Omega Harvester outfit :

screenshot_2014-04-08-11-02-27_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Faction: Republic - Fed aligned
    Species: Romulan
    Outfit: Omega Harvester (The optional estf outfit)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Missing Thigh armours on Romulan females and Omega Harvester outfit :

screenshot_2014-04-08-11-02-27_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Faction: Republic - Fed aligned
    Species: Romulan
    Outfit: Omega Harvester (The optional estf outfit)

Great thanks for the posting!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The other issue for my Klingons, captains and BOFFs, Federation, KDF and former drones alike is the inconsistency of their back ridges.
    If you choose the KDF armour you can see them:

XQdSXIml.jpg

But any other top with skin showing,like winter jackets or the Enterprise mirror universe, they are still the regular smooth back. Dodgy join with the neck aside (which I normally don't see because the hair's in the way) I prefer the ridges and would like to see them on the other options.

Understood - sending it for investigation - thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As an addendum to the klingon neck seam issue, my joined trill toon (fed side) has developed a very similar neck seam when using outfits that expose that area around the collar bone. It's like something out of a badly modded skyrim install. I'll put up shots later...it's 0130 right now and I really should get to bed!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Would be nice if instead of trying to fix a lot of broken klingon uniforms that don't look much like canon if they were deleted and some canon ones were made. The female KHG one is broken but the only one that looks somewhat canon that should be fixed.

To the dev talking about screen shots this has been around so long with the KDF KHG costumes that you shouldn't need screen shots being sent there are tons of accounts out there to pull the view from.

Not to mention those embassy things every since season 7 I believe for the romulan boffs it only shows you their eyes, ears, and shirt lol.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This has been a bug ever since the costume came out. Seven of Nine's hand-piece shaves off the fur on a female Caitian's Hands.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

But it's been a little over a year that I first reported the bug. And it is disheartening that they know about it, but still don't have a resolution and it's not on the known issues of every patch.

It's not like the BOffs were free, they required a few resources to get. And really, all that's required to fix them is to make a "trade-in" npc on the embassies to take the broken BOff and spit out a non-broken one that is the same quality (even if they don't have the new trained skill, and are the baseline Green, Blue or Purple BOff). And while I don't know how hard that would be to program, I'm sure it can't be harder than the console trade-in guy that takes Andorian weapons and older consoles. Maybe even have him do the trading.

Thanks again for replying.

Yeah, I'm with you, I have this same issue, and it sucks that it's not in the known issues.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The 29th Century combadge on females floats about two inches above the chest, regardless of slider settings.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As promised, images of the Trill female TOS outfit neck seam.

Front

tosneckseam_by_gg1905-d7jafyl.jpg

Rear

tosneckseam_rear_by_gg1905-d7jag5a.jpg

EDIT

Sorry about the crappy blurry/reduced size images. The original 1920x1080 images can be downloaded using those links. They're a lot clearer and show the problem much better.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vladdie wrote: »
    The 29th Century combadge on females floats about two inches above the chest, regardless of slider settings.
    In truth that is something they've had issues with for a while on most combadges.

I think they should lay flat on the breast personally.
    As promised, images of the Trill female TOS outfit neck seam.

Front

tosneckseam_by_gg1905-d7jafyl.jpg

Rear

tosneckseam_rear_by_gg1905-d7jag5a.jpg

EDIT

Sorry about the crappy blurry/reduced size images. The original 1920x1080 images can be downloaded using those links. They're a lot clearer and show the problem much better.

Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As an addendum to the klingon neck seam issue, my joined trill toon (fed side) has developed a very similar neck seam when using outfits that expose that area around the collar bone. It's like something out of a badly modded skyrim install. I'll put up shots later...it's 0130 right now and I really should get to bed!

We are currently reworking the bare skin options across the board for all character types. (In fact, I was just discussing the Trill neck seam yesterday with one of my fellow character artists.) In our transition to this newer bare skin plan, some of the existing assets have not yet been updated. But rest assured, we are working on it.
  • Options
    laheuganlaheugan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We are currently reworking the bare skin options across the board for all character types. (In fact, I was just discussing the Trill neck seam yesterday with one of my fellow character artists.) In our transition to this newer bare skin plan, some of the existing assets have not yet been updated. But rest assured, we are working on it.

<3 Sounds incredible, can't wait!
    "Seleste" - http://www.reddit.com/r/sto Fleet Officer
    Reddit Alert, Reddit Star Empire, House of Snoo, House of the Rising Snoo
    Good Builds: http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Will we be getting full body skin textures for races like the Tellarites and for complexions such as the "Aged" complexions as well?
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014

As canis36 posted, hopefully this means full body skin textures for all the complexions like the Infected skin otherwise it is pretty much the same as what was working in the game since release. With the new Risa bikinis coming, full body skins will really be needed during that event.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I could have sworn that it wasn't an issue before s9 went live. Its only since then that this has really popped up.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I could have sworn that it wasn't an issue before s9 went live. Its only since then that this has really popped up.

The glaring gap in the Trill spots on their necks has always been an issue, season nine just made it more obvious still as they've been updating things.
    My alt army: