Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You probably meant that as a joke. Nonetheless, it's actually a good idea! No device should be able to animate your toon without your permission. Not a biggie, of course; but yeah, being able to animate other people's toons should not become a trend.

If they are taking extra time JUST to fix it so your toon wont dance?? when you don't want it to?? vs 100 thousand more important things - I am going to barf!!!
  • Options
    jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to say i told you so But ..................... yeah knew it
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Not taking it personally don't worry. I wouldn't consider it passive I just don't see what making a whine post/cryptic hate post like others will achieve, if you approach the matter calmly, state the issue clearly in a forum post and ticket and wait for them to get back in touch, if they fail to get back in touch then continue to badger them about it, there's a Facebook page, Twitter etc, fair enough this post could be considered as one of those routes but in the sea of whine it becomes the complaint/issue will be lost.

Ok, so maybe saying 'I know there'll be a fix' was a bit optimistic but there are fixes to issues all the time, if your issue isn't in the current/next patch notes then repeat process get in touch with them, ask if they are aware of the issue, if they are aware ask if they have an ETA for a fix, if they don't then at least you know they're aware.

Don't mistake my patience for passiveness or complacency. I understand there are plenty of issues and will wait patiently in line!
    Fair enough.
    Keeping in mind that just because someone complains about something it doesn't make them a whiner. Just as "calmly waiting inline" doesn't necessarily mean a person is passive.

Without complaints, nothing would get fixed. IMO
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bran, why is this taking so long?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?????!!?!??!??!?!!?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    henryheyhey123henryheyhey123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it'll take longer than this if it takes 50 minutes to change the damn status!
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well now you're just toying with us.

I believe the word is trolling.
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    WHY????? what caused this?

I told you that already, Acme hardware silly boy
  • Options
    devinfirestonedevinfirestone Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wonder... If they will keep extending it
  • Options
    ghostsofwar116ghostsofwar116 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we please get new patch notes....... i find it hard to believe that you have had to extend the patching twice now to 12pm because of beam out issues on I18 or adjusting the amount of favors we get for the hunt....... branflakes what is going on? Why has the patch been extended twice, if your putting the Scimi in fine but at least put out new patch notes saying that.
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another hour auggggggggggggggg whats going on. What did you guys do, Brand Flakes come on what did you do, did you trip over a plug?
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brojayc wrote: »
    I think Cryptic needs to learn something from their own lore.

Always overestimate your repair factor by 4, that way when you bring the servers back up in 2 - or anything less than 8 people won't be as jaded.

Agreed, they should pull a Scotty on these estimates lol
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains. We're going to need to extend maintenance again. Our new ETA is 1 hour & 15 minutes from now. We'll get you back in-game ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So THIS!!!! >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe someone called this extension
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    kelimshaarkelimshaar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gonna try eve online in the meantime.. : )
  • Options
    verulerveruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it? :P
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [insert all known forms of profanity here]
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, I see that Cryptic's maintenance staff is as incompetent as ever.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
    Hi Captains. We're going to need to extend maintenance again. Our new ETA is 1 hour & 30 minutes from now. We very sorry about this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

no you are not :rolleyes:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bet 10 mill ec that even more sto's are ****ed up after that patch. But good that i can buy now small sun glasses, so much better then a sto that is unbugged. Keep up the good work, you all deserve a pay raise
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    weirdoman1 wrote: »
    Not to be the new countdown guy, but only 1 hour and 25 mins left! (I added an extra hour, because, ya know, Cryptic.)

Seems I was right.
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    Keeping in mind that just because someone complains about something it doesn't make them a whiner. Just as "calmly waiting inline" doesn't necessarily mean a person is passive.

Without complaints, nothing would get fixed. IMO

Fair point, I just hate when the complaint gets out of hand and becomes another 'one of those posts'.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stop sticking shinny things in the outlet you keep blowing a fusee over there. :D
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    could anyone tell me what time it will be back up in the uk please so i no what time to come off test server
  • Options
    devinfirestonedevinfirestone Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Next will be another hour Prob
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    would you rather leave spacedock without photon torpedoes, medical staff, and a tractor beam:D

and why are the clocks off by an hour

Its ok they will be installed on Tuesday.
  • Options
    reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Atleast give some idea to the paying player of what is wrong. Did someone spill headlight fluid in the server? Looking for a metric TRIBBLE driver?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    could anyone tell me what time it will be back up in the uk please so i no what time to come off test server

Roughly 7:30pm
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.