Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Gods and goddesses. Does no one read the fine print? Do they get tunnel vision and go "it's 10am, why isn't it patched yet?"

Eesh. I thought MY eyes were bad.

It's more likley Reading Comprehension that is the problem. ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ty8839ty8839 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As a reminder, the announcement states that the Open Beta (i.e. Romulan and Klingon Gameplay unlocked) and Tribble Test Weekend begins once Tribble is updated today -- we are still a couple to a few hours away from this, at minimum. Once it's updated and available, we'll be sure to update the original announcement and this forum post.

Thanks for your patience, and we can't wait to see you on Tribble later today!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think the best thing to do, mainly to help Brandon out from having to repeat himself over and over and over, is just keep quoting this every few minutes to help people who can't read understand what's going on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Told ya...

Between 6pm & 7pm my time (EDT)

(It's 1:44pm here now)

For NON-Mathers.. that would be between 3pm & 4pm (PDT) Their time.

:D
    hinkszorn wrote: »
    its now almost 11am and still nothing.:mad:

There's plenty of 'Something' out there, but not much of 'Anything-in-Particular' you're looking for.

;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty8839 wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do, mainly to help Brandon out from having to repeat himself over and over and over, is just keep quoting this every few minutes to help people who can't read understand what's going on

Then wont have anything to do and he will get bored.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Then wont have anything to do and he will get bored.

Water-bored?

:P
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty8839 wrote: »

which brings me back to the original question, if it had been answered with a confirmed answer there wouldnt be this much trouble, but wait for it to come.

however things dont work that way, they never do.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Yeah I am not following. Could all announcements be done as YouTube videos with puppets for a clearer message?

*snort* Like that would work.
    Also, how much is the expansion?

Free.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    malbanks91malbanks91 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As a reminder, the announcement states that the Open Beta (i.e. Romulan and Klingon Gameplay unlocked) and Tribble Test Weekend begins once Tribble is updated today -- we are still a couple to a few hours away from this, at minimum. Once it's updated and available, we'll be sure to update the original announcement and this forum post.

Thanks for your patience, and we can't wait to see you on Tribble later today!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This means that I have to do the Open Beta Testing tomorrow. I have to say this is a shame but it isn't the most important thing in the world so what is the big deal.
  • Options
    grumpykezentegrumpykezente Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    update tomorrow until 10AM PDT on Monday, May 13th, 2013*. this was posted yesterday 5/9/2013. never gave the time for the up date and im as jittery as every one else. :eek:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hinkszorn wrote: »
    its now almost 11am and still nothing.:mad:
    What are you mad about? Brandon posted at 10:42am (PDT) the above. That's something. The Dev Tracker is your Friend. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect Tribble to be online any sooner than 1pm (PDT), but even 3-4pm (PDT) would not be unrealistic.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    update tomorrow until 10AM PDT on Monday, May 13th, 2013*. this was posted yesterday 5/9/2013. never gave the time for the up date and im as jittery as every one else. :eek:

Well, as Brandon said, it'll be several hours yet. Lay off the coffee. :D
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs must be loving all the response.. this thread is growing fast which means interest is thriving ;)
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What are you mad about? Brandon posted at 10:42am (PDT) the above. That's something. The Dev Tracker is your Friend. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect Tribble to be online any sooner than 1pm (PDT), but even 3-4pm (PDT) would not be unrealistic.

:cool:

f that were the case i would be long a sleep between 2pm-4pm pst. which would be 10pm-12am on my end. that would be the part i would be most annoyed about, not the playing of the game, the fact that europe has to wait until tomorrow to get their fix unless some stay up all night, quite unreasonable expectation for everyone else to follow.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    Devs must be loving all the response.. this thread is growing fast which means interest is thriving ;)

I have to agree with you there
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    f that were the case i would be long a sleep between 2pm-4pm pst. which would be 10pm-12am on my end. that would be the part i would be most annoyed about, not the playing of the game, the fact that europe has to wait until tomorrow to get their fix unless some stay up all night, quite unreasonable expectation for everyone else to follow.

I'm in the area of thinking
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well although everyone expects Tribbles buutttt...

If we spend an hour on Nakura getting Nakura Marks can the Breen Doff be awarded to anyone who didn't get him before :)

Perhaps a special doff or awarding a special token to get a previous tribble or redistricted pre-f2p item. Maybe could get a token for a Veteran BOFF.

I think anyone who has done this a few times is getting a little jaded about a tribble only reward.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Since They started adding parts of LoR to TRIBBLE...

Almost all of the patches have been between 3pm & 5pm Their time (PDT).

There have been a couple of Saturdays where They did an early morning patch, but those have been very rare.

I am assuming that They spend most of their work day readying what They plan on adding to TRIBBLE, then patch it in a couple of hours before the end of the work-day for Them, just to make sure it has a minimum of problems.

I do hope that the players realize that this IS NOT an OFFICIAL ITERATION of LoR.

So don't expect it to be exactly what we actually get on the 21st.
  • Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheers for the periodic updates Brandon, much appreciated
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Europe doesn't have to wait until tomorrow. You do - as not everyone in Europe goes to bed at 10 pm on a Friday night. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Europe doesn't have to wait until tomorrow. You do - as not everyone in Europe goes to bed at 10 pm on a Friday night. :)

yeah got other things to do then become a half dead zombie in the mornings and a virtual vampire during the night.

if you mean by timezone then other europeans are in bed from 10pm bst that be 11 pm cet all the way to 2am in moscow, at least the majority of then none virtual vampire types and thats my point. the majority of europe will miss out.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah got other things to do then become a half dead zombie in the mornings and a virtual vampire during the night.

if you mean by timezone then other europeans are in bed from 10pm bst that be 11 pm cet all the way to 2am in moscow, at least the majority of then none virtual vampire types and thats my point. the majority of europe will miss out.

Think about how the Test Weekend ends in the morning for people in Cryptics timezone, while it ends in the evening for others. The Test Weekend runs exactly the same time for everyone.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Think about how the Test Weekend ends in the morning for people in Cryptics timezone, while it ends in the evening for others. The Test Weekend runs exactly the same time for everyone.
    Exactly. When the US players are at work a 3 pm, the European players can be testing at their 10 pm. When the US players are sleeping tonight the European players will be awake and testing in their morning, and so on.

There's no grand conspiracy to keep Euro-players out or cheat them out of playing time. Cryptic is an American company based on the west coast. They do things on their schedules.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server's going down in 15 minutes!
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?

• Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In America you play STO (till Monday morning), in Soviet Russia STO plays you (till Monday night) :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server's going down in 15 minutes!

Who's your source?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Who's your source?
    The fact a message just came up on the server that said the server will go down in 15 minutes.
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact a message just came up on the server that said the server will go down in 15 minutes.

Good stuff my man, good stuff.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it time yet, is it time yet, are we there yet? I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, this spaceship smells funny, the klingon is looking at me funny again. ARE WE FREAKING THERE YET???!!!!

~A Starfleet ensign fresh out of the Academy on his first trip to Risa

or

Everyone that wasn't in closed Beta.

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyrt32483kyrt32483 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah! 11 days and counting till the actual release! I love it!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here we go....
This discussion has been closed.