Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not a dude or have a wife.

Well excuse me. Apology offered. No offense intended...And I am not going to go into a diatribe about what the stereotype for a trek fan and gamer is...

just accept the apology, since the offense was unintended.

Wanted to encourage a smile or two out there among all the meanness and anger towards Bran and the gang
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    at least the forum is still up...
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Interesting just how selfish and childish some can be.

I want I want I want, and sulking and tantrums because it isn't delivered the SECOND it's wanted. :rolleyes:

Agreed, patience is a virtue that seems to be lacking in some people.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    princeofjudahprinceofjudah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    too bad very few of the 'earn zen' sites work or are so confusing that they are uncompletable. I've tried to do that to kill time and have succeeded in getting 3 zen after trying probably a dozen which either didn't work or were too complicated or just ended up at a point where it was a dead end. One wanted me to download an 'exe' to 'print' coupons in order to move forward. No thanks...
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I see very important information in your future.........

Server Not Responding
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

unfortunate isn't it?
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Calling in air strike: Forums now broken.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can not wait for people with "i only have 10 minutes of STO to play in day/week/year in this exact time so i can not do Flying Hight on time for Corvette Q_Q so gimmi it nau for free or i will RAGE" to show up, or did i miss few of them ?:D
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    embrosil wrote: »
    No, Steam can do it fast. I just got to the game two days ago after 2 years. And what I see? The same idiotic downtime for Europe and USA at the same time. So yes, only a monkey could come with this.

Well, then I am sure you'd be more than happy to share your superior knowledge with them, and fix every bug in the game in less than 30 minutes.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, Steam can do it fast. I just got to the game two days ago after 2 years. And what I see? The same idiotic downtime for Europe and USA at the same time. So yes, only a monkey could come with this.

um..... the game is on ONE SERVER.... kinda hard to take it down for two seperate time zones at two different times.
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I know you think you could do better but I do not believe cryptic would hire you. :P
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh Cryptic, what did you break this time? :P
  • Options
    jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Eh... Just these things for 5 hours... Well, I don't think it's worth it but if you've kept Scimitar as a ''surprise'', maybe that's good. But more 2 hours? This is not good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alteri1 wrote: »
    another hour? Can't cryptic do this kinda thing when it is not peak times, i just lost half a day i could be playing because of this maintence

You are aware that there are different times around the world?
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    alteri1alteri1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Don't jynx us man
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can not wait for people with "i only have 10 minutes of STO to play in day/week/year in this exact time so i can not do Flying Hight on time Q_Q so gimmi it nau for free or i will RAGE" to show up, or did i miss few of them ?:D

I think a few got past, along with the people who don't know when EU prime time is and assume it's when they're online...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    OMG! LMAO :D

Way too funny. :P
    That's not the point, and it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the posts being made at the moment are childish and insulting. :mad:
    Seriously - anyone would think that two hours GAME downtime was a death sentence.

Agree, this was such a peaceful thread :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They extended it again?? This Pacific time is terrible. I live on the correct side of the US. This takes up the meat of our day.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting just how selfish and childish some can be.

I want I want I want, and sulking and tantrums because it isn't delivered the SECOND it's wanted. :rolleyes:

Your non-stop childish quips about how childish other members whinny posts are is actually more annoying than theirs.

Just thought you should know. ;)
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As much as i want to play now...I'd prefer if the game worked correctly when it does come back up:)
  • Options
    yeoman85yeoman85 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ANOTHER HOUR? Why is this silly little patch taking so long? Still no fix for that which is broken - loot drops: unable to take some, able to take others, computer core fragments not dropping in defence contract, mail client giving a 'new mail' alert when I have none - to name a few. Have reported numerous bugs and I feel as if we are being ignored and still there is no fix for these, but 'Battle music will no longer play during Horgh'an hunt'' is more important - Pah.
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what do you think they say about peoples rants and raging on here? I bet they smile alot, nerds are so ragey!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    Passive people suck...

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

When something is wrong in the world, be it gaming or real life, stand up for what is right!

Too many people have the attitude of "I just let it roll off of me" or "turn the other cheek". Biggest load of TRIBBLE ever!

Stand up!! There more you do it the less you fall down! :D

I'm somewhat Passive but I stand for something usually a few times a day...

Tinkling.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations Cryptic. Your failures have contributed to yet another 50 page thread of nerd rage and complaining. Please take this button that says, "I work at Cryptic and I'm ashamed".
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    um..... the game is on ONE SERVER.... kinda hard to take it down for two seperate time zones at two different times.

That was funny:eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Zap them with 1.21 jiggawatts
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    revenis wrote: »
    As much as i want to play now...I'd prefer if the game worked correctly when it does come back up:)

stop you are making sense and on the forums that obviously isn't allowed
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    Acme being where Wily Coyote buys his roadrunner stuff right

My OCD demands this: It's "Wile E. Coyote," but otherwise- yes, exactly. :D

And looks like something in the ACME box didn't work right, and now the mini-maintenance that shouldn't have taken 3 hours to begin with is up to 5 hours.

Let's start the betting pool now- I say it'll end up running 7 hours total by the time they're done. Any takers?
This discussion has been closed.