test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guest Blog: Celebrating Diversity in Star Trek

Comments

• nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Can we have a straight pride event next week?

:eek: Oh the shock horror it would cause!
    full
  • corbinlangarcorbinlangar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome! I hope I'm able to join.

...also a lot of troll feeding, lol.
  • jixguardsjixguards Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are we going to see some Christians only, Conservative party or bloody Manchester United march going on in games ? People come online to play games and have fun, online games require you to mix with others and that should be down to the player and said community they join, this SHOULD NOT be promoted by the game developers ffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Can we have a straight pride event next week?

Every day is straight pride, silly.
    edited June 2013
    jixguards wrote: »
    are we going to see some Christians only, Conservative party or bloody Manchester United march going on in games ? People come online to play games and have fun, online games require you to mix with others and that should be down to the player and said community they join, this SHOULD NOT be promoted by the game developers ffs.

Did you not READ the blog post? There's going to be games, contests, prizes, social gatherings. You know, FUN, in an online game environment. :D
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every day is straight pride, silly.

No, it is not. Just because a day doesn't exclusively highlight the fight for equal rights doesn't make it a straight pride event . Every day is people-minding-their-own-business-regardless-of-their-sexual-orientation pride. Your black and white view in this regard doesn't really help your otherwise reasonable arguments.
    edited June 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    No, it is not. Just because a day doesn't exclusively highlight the fight for equal rights doesn't make it a straight pride event . Every day is people-minding-their-own-business-regardless-of-their-sexual-orientation pride. Your black and white view in this regard doesn't really help your otherwise reasonable arguments.

I was attempting to use a little levity. :D

Perhaps for you, a heterosexual, every day is "people-minding-their-own-business-regardless-of-their-sexual-orientation pride" day.

But, for a most members of the LGBT Community every day is a struggle for equality, either consciously or unconsciously.

Do you every have these sorts of days?

"Hide your sexuality from your boss or risk getting fired day"; - This includes not having pictures of your family on your desk.

"Be careful not to show outward signs of affection or risk getting killed day";

I'm talking casual hugs, pecks on the cheek, hand holding in appropriate manners in the same ways straight people do. I am not a fan of overly sexual PDA's by anybody, straight or TRIBBLE.

"Fight with the non-accepting family members of your partner so you can visit them in the hospital or funeral home day";

"I hope my child doesn't get murdered today because he/she wants to be themselves"

Some of us do. EVERY day. Not all of us experience this every day, mind you. But every LGBT person experiences some form of discrimination on a daily basis. Sometimes it's something small, sometimes it's literally life threatening, but it exists.

Before you say "Everybody experiences discrimination or fear every day" be sure and remind yourself that you have far more protections under the law than LGBT people do.

For example, we can be fired for being TRIBBLE in 29 states in the U.S. Not for poor performance. Simply for being TRIBBLE.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/your-money/protections-for-gays-in-workplace-are-piecemeal.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Can you be fired simply for being straight?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Funny how one persons 'Politics', is another's 'Life' ...

There.. fixed it for you.

My "lifestyle" is to try to make enough money to cover the cost of my rent, utilities, and get food to last til the end of the month... with a little cash left over for the fun things in life, like.. going to a movie ever now and then... playing cool games with *generally* cool people... taking care of my soon-to-be husband, and our two dogs.

Such a different "lifestyle" than other people live... I know... :rolleyes:

(this is not a dig at you daveyny... it's just that referring to my "life" as a lifestyle, even when making a point, I feel has to be addressed. There IS no TRIBBLE lifestyle, any more than there is a straight lifestyle..)

After almost fifty-five years of having a host of friends on both sides of the fence, so-to-speak...
    (and spending many an occasion climbing back and forth)

I can definitely say that there IS a TRIBBLE Lifestyle...

It includes all the things you've listed above and much more.

Everyone has Their Own Lifestyle...,
    Trying to condense what you believe into one all-encompassing description (or in your case, no description at all), is a disservice to each individuals particular way of looking at their world.

There's nothing wrong with having a 'title' for how one chooses to live...
    The problem lies in how 'others' use that 'title', to describe you.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    After almost fifty-five years of having a host of friends on both sides of the fence, so-to-speak...
    (and spending many an occasion climbing back and forth)

I can definitely say that there IS a TRIBBLE Lifestyle...

It includes all the things you've listed above and much more.

Everyone has Their Own Lifestyle...,
    Trying to condense what you believe into one all-encompassing description (or in your case, no description at all), is a disservice to each individuals particular way of looking at their world.

There's nothing wrong with having a 'title' for how one chooses to live...
    The problem lies in how 'others' use that 'title', to describe you.

;)

I agree with most of what you're saying. But personally I don't think there is a 'TRIBBLE lifestyle'. There are many, many, many different lifestyles that people live by (yay for diversity), but I don't think any of them are solely based on sexuality. I will agree that some TRIBBLE people like to 'live it large' an go to parades etc wearing next to nothing, but that in its self is a singular lifestyle, there are also TRIBBLE people like myself who have never attended a TRIBBLE pride event, never worn less than three layers of clothing in public, drink beer and burp theme tunes.... The lifestyle choices don't consist merely of sexuality, especially since sexuality is not a choice but lifestyles are. :)

I think that's what Daemonheld was meaning. You can't define an entire lifestyle, by one aspect of it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with most of what you're saying. But personally I don't think there is a 'TRIBBLE lifestyle'. There are many, many, many different lifestyles that people live by (yay for diversity), but I don't think any of them are solely based on sexuality. I will agree that some TRIBBLE people like to 'live it large' an go to parades etc wearing next to nothing, but that in its self is a singular lifestyle, there are also TRIBBLE people like myself who have never attended a TRIBBLE pride event, never worn less than three layers of clothing in public, drink beer and burp theme tunes.... The lifestyle choices don't consist merely of sexuality, especially since sexuality is not a choice but lifestyles are. :)

I think that's what Daemonheld was meaning. You can't define an entire lifestyle, by one aspect of it.

Bingo...

Or to put it more succinctly..

I have a life, not a life-style... :D
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pleased to announce that Star Army Fleet has just mailed some prizes to Stonewall Fleet that they can give out during the events. I've sent them a Sela action figure, a TOS Romulan Bird of Prey toy, and a D'Deridex Romulan Warbird toy (the latter two are the large ones from Playmates). They are in their original unopened boxes and should be in near-mint condition with some shelf wear to the boxes (the original tape has partially come off on the Warbird box but not a huge deal I think). I encourage everybody to come out and show support and love at this event and see if you can win them! It'll probably be better odds than a lockbox!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • gravity2705gravity2705 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow that is amazing :D
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you like dudes? thats cool, i dont care. If you like chicks? thats cool, i dont care. Whatever you do in your life to make you happy, I will support 100%. Just dont talk all this TRIBBLE about "equal" rights. You want "equal" rights? Then "equally" shut the hell up about what colour you are or who you like to have the sex with like the rest of us who just want to live our lives in peace and quite and dont give a frak about what others think. You are TRIBBLE? you are straight? you are black? you are white? Great, no one cares. Just live your life and shut up about it.

Thats how we become "equal"
    edited June 2013
    stararmy wrote: »
    I'm pleased to announce that Star Army Fleet has just mailed some prizes to Stonewall Fleet that they can give out during the events. I've sent them a Sela action figure, a TOS Romulan Bird of Prey toy, and a D'Deridex Romulan Warbird toy (the latter two are the large ones from Playmates). They are in their original unopened boxes and should be in near-mint condition with some shelf wear to the boxes (the original tape has partially come off on the Warbird box but not a huge deal I think). I encourage everybody to come out and show support and love at this event and see if you can win them! It'll probably be better odds than a lockbox!

Wow. That is indeed an awesome contribution! Thank you! They would look nice next to my Enterprise D :)
  • spodilbunnyspodilbunny Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    I feel the need to express something...This event or events is about UNITY..and PRIDE in who or what you are,,be it TRIBBLE,,black white of different ethnicities,,or nationalities,,and the ability to be friends with everyone and to have a fun time..This is not an event to where people are to fight or call other "different" people names to make oneself feel good by making other people feel miserable..When a person or persons do that then they are thinking with an immature mindset or they are just plain being facitious..We are all equal no matter who we are,,Please people,,think outside the box,,Do not be confined by any kind of bigotry or racism,,,If you do then you are only defeating the true nature of things and bringing strife to this world,,and so called real life has enough of it,,Please do not bring it to this game,,,We are one,,lets not act "normal" because no matter how you may look at things there is no such thing as "normal" anymore..Peace to all :)
  • nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stararmy wrote: »

Thanks Wes! We're very grateful for your donation and can't wait to see who wins them!!
  • chocolatetreechocolatetree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event is not exclusively about homosexuality and yet too many here have allowed their closeted bigotry to jump to that conclusion. It is an event to celebrate the DIVERSITY in our online Community. For the revolutionary depiction of racial and gender diversity in Star Trek. Sadly the majority of the posts made here have proved anything but. It?s truly baffling how ignorantly hateful some people are. Disguising passive aggressive homophobic comments with pseudo-intellectual trolling. ESD zone and test tribble chat have been hijacked with similar politically bigoted views in the recent months. So I was not shocked nor surprised to find it here. No one bats an eyelash at all the macho Hetrosexual men who play buxom female characters, but when a homosexual man writes a blog about "Celebrating Diversity in Star Trek"....... :eek:

I would like to make a personal thankyou to all the real Trekkies that have given this event their support and have understood its true meaning.

-> Freedom of speech should not act as a shield for those who encourage ignorance or incite hatred <-
    edited June 2013
    If you like dudes? thats cool, i dont care. If you like chicks? thats cool, i dont care. Whatever you do in your life to make you happy, I will support 100%. Just dont talk all this TRIBBLE about "equal" rights. You want "equal" rights? Then "equally" shut the hell up about what colour you are or who you like to have the sex with like the rest of us who just want to live our lives in peace and quite and dont give a frak about what others think. You are TRIBBLE? you are straight? you are black? you are white? Great, no one cares. Just live your life and shut up about it.

Thats how we become "equal"

Accept unless you live in one of the 29 states where you can legally be fired, for "liking dudes" .. or "liking chicks". You can also be evicted from your apartment or home. Where you can be told that you cannot see the "dude" or "chick" you "like" in the hospital, because you aren't blood related, or a LEGAL SPOUSE. Or hey, unless you live in one of the states that if you've been with the "dude" or "chick" that you like for say, the last 20+ years, and the object of your affection unfortunately dies... Without extensive legal paperwork (not a simple marriage certificate) the family of said OOF can come in and take anything and everything that belonged to the deceased. What if there are children involved? Well, you're sort of SOL (and I don't mean the solar system).

Is that "equal"? Or if YOU get married, do you have to worry about these things? I'll answer that for you with a resounding, "NO". Why? Because things are NOT equal.

You may not give a damn about what other people do behind closed doors, and I commend you for your forward thinking. Unfortunately, others seem to be way more interested in what I do behind bedroom doors, than even I am... and those people still hold sway over the legal inequality that people *here* are talking about, and *why* the Guest Blog was written in the first place.

Jolan'tru
    edited June 2013
    Accept unless you live in one of the 29 states where you can legally be fired, for "liking dudes" .. or "liking chicks". You can also be evicted from your apartment or home. Where you can be told that you cannot see the "dude" or "chick" you "like" in the hospital, because you aren't blood related, or a LEGAL SPOUSE. Or hey, unless you live in one of the states that if you've been with the "dude" or "chick" that you like for say, the last 20+ years, and the object of your affection unfortunately dies... Without extensive legal paperwork (not a simple marriage certificate) the family of said OOF can come in and take anything and everything that belonged to the deceased. What if there are children involved? Well, you're sort of SOL (and I don't mean the solar system).

Is that "equal"? Or if YOU get married, do you have to worry about these things? I'll answer that for you with a resounding, "NO". Why? Because things are NOT equal.

You may not give a damn about what other people do behind closed doors, and I commend you for your forward thinking. Unfortunately, others seem to be way more interested in what I do behind bedroom doors, than even I am... and those people still hold sway over the legal inequality that people *here* are talking about, and *why* the Guest Blog was written in the first place.

Jolan'tru

Thank you for building on my earlier points:
    I was attempting to use a little levity. :D

Perhaps for you, a heterosexual, every day is "people-minding-their-own-business-regardless-of-their-sexual-orientation pride" day.

But, for a most members of the LGBT Community every day is a struggle for equality, either consciously or unconsciously.

Do you every have these sorts of days?

"Hide your sexuality from your boss or risk getting fired day"; - This includes not having pictures of your family on your desk.

"Be careful not to show outward signs of affection or risk getting killed day";

I'm talking casual hugs, pecks on the cheek, hand holding in appropriate manners in the same ways straight people do. I am not a fan of overly sexual PDA's by anybody, straight or TRIBBLE.

"Fight with the non-accepting family members of your partner so you can visit them in the hospital or funeral home day";

"I hope my child doesn't get murdered today because he/she wants to be themselves"

Some of us do. EVERY day. Not all of us experience this every day, mind you. But every LGBT person experiences some form of discrimination on a daily basis. Sometimes it's something small, sometimes it's literally life threatening, but it exists.

Before you say "Everybody experiences discrimination or fear every day" be sure and remind yourself that you have far more protections under the law than LGBT people do.

For example, we can be fired for being TRIBBLE in 29 states in the U.S. Not for poor performance. Simply for being TRIBBLE.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/your-money/protections-for-gays-in-workplace-are-piecemeal.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Can you be fired simply for being straight?

Sometimes it may seem pointless to continue to try and educate people who are seemingly brick walls. However, I truly do believe that some people are truly ignorant - as in "Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy"." that our push for equality isn't about sex.

You just never know when the message may take. Even in the thickest ice will eventually melt when exposed to the sunlight of truth.

As somebody said earlier, LGBT people, like Straight people, are just trying to live a "life" without oppression, not a "lifestyle".
    edited June 2013
    Sometimes it may seem pointless to continue to try and educate people who are seemingly brick walls. However, I truly do believe that some people are truly ignorant - as in "Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy"." that our push for equality isn't about sex.

You just never know when the message may take. Even in the thickest ice will eventually melt when exposed to the sunlight of truth.

As somebody said earlier, LGBT people, like Straight people, are just trying to live a "life" without oppression, not a "lifestyle".

That's exactly why I continue in discussions like this.. constantly. In the hopes that the person I'm talking/typing with (or those within earshot/eyeshot (?) ) Might make some sort of connection... Like a few recent politicians who were severely anti-TRIBBLE.. until a family member came out.... <sigh>

Jolan'tru
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Jolan'tru

I dont live in any state. If you want to play this game where we pick and choose where our causes are being oppressed for the benefit of our crusade, im not going to partake. All this leads into is "well women have it worse than gays in traditional islamic cultures" or "blacks have it worse than gays in certain parts of western society" etc etc.

I just dont understand why anyone needs to "celebrate" or take pride in something that you havnt achieved, you just are. I dont feel any pride in being straight or white or male. I dont feel any pride in my culture. None of these things were an achievement that I could take pleasure in, I was born into it. I just dont understand why anyone cares what anyone else does/is sexually, culturally, racially etc etc. Why does anyone of these "labels" matter?

Once again, I really dont care if this pride things happens or not, just as I dont care that the pride parade happens in RL. I just dont get the wanting equality by being unequal.

Saying all that, I do want to say that I do not know any TRIBBLE people. An ex girlfriends friend was a TRIBBLE but I only met her once. I am assuming that humanity is humanity whether you are TRIBBLE or not and that there are the same amount of nice/kind/decent TRIBBLE people as there are non TRIBBLE people and the same amount of awful/mean/terrible TRIBBLE people as non TRIBBLE people. I just dont understand why anyone would care that a man wants a man or woman wants a woman.

Hell, I want a Trill, what does that say about me? Not even the same species.
  • nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont live in any state. If you want to play this game where we pick and choose where our causes are being oppressed for the benefit of our crusade, im not going to partake. All this leads into is "well women have it worse than gays in traditional islamic cultures" or "blacks have it worse than gays in certain parts of western society" etc etc.

I just dont understand why anyone needs to "celebrate" or take pride in something that you havnt achieved, you just are. I dont feel any pride in being straight or white or male. I dont feel any pride in my culture. None of these things were an achievement that I could take pleasure in, I was born into it. I just dont understand why anyone cares what anyone else does/is sexually, culturally, racially etc etc. Why does anyone of these "labels" matter?

Once again, I really dont care if this pride things happens or not, just as I dont care that the pride parade happens in RL. I just dont get the wanting equality by being unequal.

Saying all that, I do want to say that I do not know any TRIBBLE people. An ex girlfriends friend was a TRIBBLE but I only met her once. I am assuming that humanity is humanity whether you are TRIBBLE or not and that there are the same amount of nice/kind/decent TRIBBLE people as there are non TRIBBLE people and the same amount of awful/mean/terrible TRIBBLE people as non TRIBBLE people. I just dont understand why anyone would care that a man wants a man or woman wants a woman.

Hell, I want a Trill, what does that say about me? Not even the same species.

He wasn't playing the oppression game. He was simply stating that there are many areas left in the United States, and throughout the world, were we don't receive the same treatment as someone else.

We're celebrating 40 years of social progress. We're celebrating the historic steps we have made since the Stonewall Riots. In that much time, we have fought back against tidal waves of oppression and are begging to experience true equality. Pride Parades are celebrations of the progress we have made and how proud of the community we are part of.

I'm sorry you don't feel any pride in your culture. I have huge amounts of pride in TRIBBLE culture. It's one of the most rewarding amazing parts of my life. I can only assume that you've never experienced true oppression because of the "labels" you mention. As a TRIBBLE man, I can tell you, I have and I can proudly say I've over come it at many steps. Sadly, I still don't have equal rights to my peers.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Perhaps you should study history. These TRIBBLE pride events started with a few brave souls daring to appear and public and declare that they were TRIBBLE at a time when homosexual conduct was outlawed most everywhere just as Martin Luther King day celebrations started with blacks risking being beaten, mauled, and lynched as they marched for equal rights.

Most of the people in the US at these parades were not "born into" equality. They had to work for it and they still work for it, whether as activists or simply as voters.

And even if it were some perfect future where homosexuals were treated equally in society and under the law, there is nothing wrong with holding a celebration simply because it is tradition. I would not say to a Jew, "you were not personally enslaved in Egypt, so why do you celebrate Pesach Seder?" I would not say to an American, "you were never bullied by the King of England, so why do you celebrate the Fourth of July?"
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They took a choice and were attacked for it. Just the same that if you were attacked over something you did not choose, such as race and nationality, you would naturally develop a sense of pride and determination not to bow to ignorance and bigotry.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had no interest in participating in this thread originally. I really don't care what goes on on your starbase maps, in your fleet chat, or in groups of friends hanging out on Risa. Not my business really.

It did perturb me a bit to see the attacks on religion from the same community. I'm sure you feel you have your reasons. I can't speak for anyone but myself there, but I feel there is tolerance and love at the core of my beliefs even if I'm lumped into what you all might consider a monstrosity.

In my youth I grew up listening to a band called King's X, and I link one of their songs here because I think it sums things up best.

Regardless of your view on the subject, or any number of controversial topics, this is I believe the best advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3mUhGVCgo

yes, I know all about the lead singer and I love him none-the-less. I choose to take his advice in this song.
    edited June 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »

It did perturb me a bit to see the attacks on religion from the same community. I'm sure you feel you have your reasons. I can't speak for anyone but myself there, but I feel there is tolerance and love at the core of my beliefs even if I'm lumped into what you all might consider a monstrosity.

I am not an expert on all the world's religions, but, I was raised in Christianity and I know that Christ indeed preached tolerance and love. Unfortunately, the most vocal "christians" in America these days are so far removed from the actual teachings of Christ that it is a stretch to even call them Christians, in my opinion.

The so-called "Evangelicals" in America are a dangerous right-wing ideologically driven hate group disguised as a religion that wants to stop forward progress, of any kind, in the United States and the world in general. If you have any doubts that they are a hate group, please google pictures of any rally that they organize and read the signs they hold. They have commandeered Christianity, bastardized it to fit their own purposes, and use it as a battering ram to try and push their radical agenda.

In addition to opposing forward progress for the LGBT Community, they also want to regress the progress that women have made. They claim to want small government, yet they literally want to invade a woman's body. They claim that the Earth is 6000 years old, climate change is not real, and evolution is a "lie from the pits of Hell", despite the clear scientific evidence to the contrary.

I realize that these radicals do not make up the entirety of the Christian faith nor likely even the majority. But, they are the most vocal.

I respect your individual religious beliefs, and would never want to infringe upon them in any way, as long as they don't infringe on other people.

However, I will not tolerate the Bible being used, selectively, as a hammer to stop the world's progress, and I will use the power of my voice and vote to stop it at every opportunity.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm sorry, I don't call it ignorant, I call it by another word, SELFISH.

I'm not TRIBBLE, I'm straight, I just got married this weekend. I was able to celebrate a union with the one I love and want to spend the rest of my life with.

If I get sick, she is recognized as my family and will be let in to see me, If I die, she gets all my belongings, no one contests this and all the benefits that I've accrued in my life.

TRIBBLE people, don't have these luxuries, simply because some of us can't get over the sex it is implied they have, which in all honesty, is such a small part of the whole damned equation, in a real relationship.

I've NEVER been attacked, or killed simply because, I looked, or acted straight, or because I was attracted to someone. But this happens all the time, even in the U.S. I shudder to think what happens in other less evolved places on the planet.

I've never had people hate me because, I hold my girl's, now WIFE'S hand in public, or been called disgusting for showing the slightest bit of public affection.

Why selfish? Because if YOU can marry, if YOU can live your life as you and the majority see fit, why care? Right?

Until someone YOU love suffers with this. Until someone YOU love, can't marry their partner they've had a loving relationship with for decades, why invest ? Right?

Until someone YOU CARE FOR, dies and their loving partner, is thrown out of the home they built together and the life they built TOGETHER is carved up and given away without a second thought to them.

It happens all the time, but you know, as long as they live their lives quietly and keep their gayness out of my face, It's okay right ?

Well I'll tell you somethin, the world is getting smaller and smaller each day. All kinds of people rub up against one another, (not figuratively :rolleyes:) in some fashion or another and gleam all sorts of information about one's neighbors, co workers, friends ect., WITHOUT any advertising, or solicitation about one's lifestyle choices, WITHOUT people ever saying a single word about who they love, date, or fancy. But some TRIBBLE people are still hunted down, dragged out of the proverbial closets in workplaces, social groups and even families EVERYDAY.

I COULD TELL YOU STORIES about what goes on where I work. The gossip, about who is TRIBBLE and who's doing who, and watch out for that one, he's a homo. And I work with "adults", in a nice little American small town too.
    Some of the worst offenders? Lovely little gray haired women, I swear to you !
    Out of the mouths of people you would trust to leave your children with, it's unbelievable !
    Don't believe me? I give you one name, Paula Deen......... Look at that whole friggin mess. That's where such behavior takes you, takes us. TO RUIN.

SUCH HATE, SUCH VENOM and why? Did this person do them any wrong? The answer, most often, is NO. Granny just finds them "disgusting".
    And find what disgusting exactly? Are these people having sex at their workstations? Are they making out in the corridors?
    NO, they are having lunch together, being seen coming back from coffee breaks TOGETHER, HEAVENS !
    They have a lisp, they act "effeminate", they dress TO GOOD, they are wearing a PINK shirt, their hair is too neat, they smell too good ! THE SILLY RIDICULOUSNESS goes on and on. (And I hear it all, all the time too, and I bet most of you have as well)

It's hate, for hate's sake, plain and simple, (be honest). When you can hate one group for virtually no reason, (and hating on someone because you IMAGINE in your mind's eye, two men or two women getting it on, IS virtually NO REASON, unless they actually do it, for real on your kitchen table) you can do the same for ANY group you don't feel an affinity with, or simply don't APPROVE of. Is this evolved?
    Is this how humanity is going to keep treating each other? We'll never make it, if so. No Star Trek realized, for us. Imagine how we would treat ALIENS ? !

If my son, ends up being TRIBBLE, I DON'T CARE, so long as he can be happy. And I would want him to enjoy all the wonderful things in life I can enjoy as a straight man.

Until being TRIBBLE, REALLY no longer matters and they no longer suffer at the hands of others simply because of their pursuit of happiness, I say stand up, be counted and celebrate your diversity.

Let people know your numbers. I cheer you for your courage, and I would be PROUD to stand with you.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited June 2013

If my son, ends up being TRIBBLE, I DON'T CARE, so long as he can be happy. And I would want him to enjoy all the wonderful things in life I can enjoy as a straight man.

Until being TRIBBLE, REALLY no longer matters and they no longer suffer at the hands of others simply because of their pursuit of happiness, I say stand up, be counted and celebrate your diversity.

Let people know your numbers. I cheer you for your courage, and I would be PROUD to stand with you.

Hear, Hear! The support of our straight allies are as much of an integral part of forward progress as the courage displayed by the LGBT community.

Your son is a very lucky boy, regardless of what his orientation ends up being. Thank you for helping to make the world a better place!

Good luck in the contests next weekend! :)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice blog. Well.written and thought provoking.

Will we see other social, sexual, religiuos events to allow others to show thier pride in what social, sexual or religiuos viewpoint they hold since the precident has been set?

Im sure others would enjoy thier moments to show pride in thier lifestyles and choices.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice blog,

I just recently re-watched the TNG episode quoted in the blog actually, and I thought of how perfectly written out it was. Nice to see it used here.

Maybe Ill sneak in a few starbase defense missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol