test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• ironsticksironsticks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ha ha i got in and it kicked me straight back out so i wouldn't be to happy just yet,,,,,,
    llunamaria wrote: »
    Italy here..............is ridicolous,after 180mb(first patch),wait 20 min,restart patch 130mb(second patch)....wait 10 min and now???????? RESTART another patch???

E' snervante...

I finished patching, spent at least 10 mins to re-launch the launcher, pushed the engage button and... got kicked again.
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at least you are somehow patching... My launcher doesn't work well and do not start patching!!!!! :mad:

never a joy after a patch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • ozac123ozac123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same issue here... sigh waited and extra hour and a half after update hoping it would be working and launcher doesn't even open... tried to connect 5 times then ding , no go check internetconnection...
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patched my game earlier. Logged in when the Maintainence ended. Did an STF. Shortly after that finished, my game crashed (while I was hanging around on DS9 instead of fighting Spheres - go figure).

Upon relaunching the game, it requested to "verify" all files. It did so, started the game. Got to the "Cryptic" screen and the game became unresponsive. Crashed, again.

Now i'm at the launcher screen, logged in but waiting for the launcher while it is "Connecting..."
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay. WHOA! Everyone take a deep breath.

This may or may not be related but a huge storm went right through the US last night folks. Today's slowdowns and server bonkiness I half expected. Lines are down in places, flooding in others. The storm may be over but there's still stuff to clean up and pick up. Again, I cannot say that this is related. But maybe.. we could get Branflakes to comment? ::whistles:: I'm sure he's.. just.. over there.. ::points around the corner to the angry mob::
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are now 13 minutes away from Scotty-estimated time, great....:rolleyes:
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayeitsjosh wrote: »
    i guess i will just wait... ugh .. the struggle!!!
    is anybody playing right now??

If there is someone playing , they must have a ****ty time trying to find ppl to tag eppoh's with ... .

Sincerely :

- The Eppoh Liberation Front !

:P
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    I just found out, what those huge patches from Cryptic are...
    THOSE MUST BE THE PRISM FILES THE US GOVERNMENT HAS FROM ALL OF US... They needed a new storage, so they chose to infiltrate all our systems...

Lol, the server farm was too expensive to build for NSA so they outsourced it to Cryptic.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    Its dead Jim...
    Aye, dead like a decapitated zombie here... loader can't even get past the patch-check.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, you wont get any compensation other than knowing all the special events and promo's that are going on right now are expiring while your game isn't connected. Ya can't even buy those promo items anymore with a broken game as the online store no longer exists.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • neotanrimneotanrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was on and getting so much lag I exited and tried again hoping that would help. Big mistake on my part. I could have done something while I was on now I can't get on at all.
  • centurion47centurion47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    an in game patch got stuck, and when I closed and restarted the game, the launcher cant connect to the patch server (even though its up to date)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the same ****ing problem! "Unable to connect to patch server."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ha haa im in :D
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • asanthirasanthir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Me no like it! Me no like it! Make it go away!
    Bad Patch is bad!:(
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its 6:44 pm in london uk and i cant get the dam loader to work what joy :(

Splendifferous isn't it? They seem to be experts at breaking the game at just the right time to stop us in Europe playing the game
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Grats.

Good luck trying to get any Rep marks with no-one else online.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Trust Cryptic to **** up again think it time I took a break from this game for a while and look for something else to play. Because since LOR the bugs and issues are just ongoing and I can't see the game lastig unless there techies pull there fingers out of there asses and they do some work for a change.

Will check later but if issue still persists then I won't be logging on for a long while
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch server not functioning....
  • realmarajaderealmarajade Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

as far as i can say the patcher doesn't stuck _but_ :

Accoding to the informations my "Process Hacker" tool provides the patcher doesn't really stuck but only recieves about 20kb at ones every three to four seconds (my downspeed is at 3,8 mbyte/s normally with an 32 mbit/s connection). It has taken about 20 minutes to finish from ~85% to 100% with 519 packets and 4,91 mbyte.
    So the connection to the patchserver is there but _extremely_ slow. The patchserver is trace/pingable for me.

Edit: After finishing and reconnection the patcher restarts at 75% right now.

greetings
    @butt3rkeks
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013

::points phaser:: Ahem. It is not nice to inflame the mob. Now.. you were saying?
  • reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guess I will go play world of tanks Wargaming might be a Russian company but at least they don't mess up their game every other day.
  • acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they always manage to break more things than they fix... it would be nice if the stuck lobi crystal was fixed before the FE rerun ends.
  • ayeitsjoshayeitsjosh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i patched it twice and it did nothing... it still has a big blue link that says patch..
    and on the loading bar, all it says is connecting.... any comments as to why??
  • arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Service is still down for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wizzy1000wizzy1000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the worst game for downtime in my 25 years of playing games.
    I cant belive they are still putting both games on the same login server.
    How much money and players have they lost because of this fools idea ?.
    i stopped my gold sub now and wont spend anymore cash on this game till they make big inprovements the game is allways down.
    Oh to all you players who will troll this and say they doing a good job.
    NO THEY ARE NOT THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER FOR DOWNTIME.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope, I would like a lousy T-Shirt though.

You know something along the lines of "I survived the Legacy of Romulus and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

Maybe with the new logo on it.
  • thedodgehopperthedodgehopper Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I patched it all, but then when the game was loading it went into not responding mode and shut itself down. Now it tells me my internet is not working when I try to patch. Pretty sure my internet is working... I'm on this page, and I loaded a couple other games that seem to be working smoothly. Something is amiss!
  • gefjongefjon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The other thread says the Maintenance is completed, but I still can't connect to the patch server. It managed that once and patched the Launcher, but still would not login.

Since then, it still fails to connect to the patch server again.

Really annoying :mad:
  • blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep its still down.. The web page says its up.. but its down..
This discussion has been closed.