test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ATTN: All STO captains. We are sorry, but, ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!
    Ohhh and dont even THINK about playing. You have been trolled by Cryptic and PW.
    :D
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cha0s1428 wrote: »
    Well there's your problem. Engineers have needed a buff for a very long time. Use tacticals or science. They can get the job done much faster.

Have Cryptic engineers leveled enough to be able to use the instafix miracle worker?
  • kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    don't worry all once you get the patch on your comp the game just crashes in the loading screen.

and idk what craptic is trying to put on my comp but I will not be going to the site u keep trying to send me to.

but fyi if u want to open the game just open 100 instances and one is bound to work.

res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nateofborg6nateofborg6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same thing is happening to me.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    It's Word of mouth.

Yup. And those who returned got the warm reception of bugs galore and the server messing up like this.

I like to play STO, but I don't recommend it to anyone anymore, don't want to look like a total fool and they unfortunately mess up regularly. Sigh.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woohoo! Yeah I'm in!!!!!!!!! Yeeeehaaaaaaaaawww!
  • poiuylkjhg09876poiuylkjhg09876 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot connect, everything seems slow and indefintely hung. Crazy idea, maybe you need a new "team". I mean from what i can tell they certainly seem to suck, to be outdated in their skills, to be inept too often or overchallenged asked to perform beyond their abilities overconfident? All i know is the results they give and they seem a little lacking imo. (Yes i am also in IT and you couldn't pay me enought to come behind that "team" and clean what i know would be an endless mess of hardware and software snafu's
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I managed to successfully start my launch window on the first try, but the patch system froze before it even started patching. Now I can't even restart the launcher. Sometimes I just want to......never mind.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same now the patch server and error server is offline :mad:

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    launcher doesn't launch, well i quess is time to talk to my lawyers
  • viscosiaviscosia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here cant log in
  • iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't like saying this, but the patcher of one of the older online games published by a company starting with B and ending with -ard performed much better than this one.

So far I've recognized the following flaws or places that could need improvement:

1) Content management
    Really. 4GB patch with no announcement of a new content? Just what _is_ the patch about?

2) Patch servers
    Just ONE patch server or server farm with a common uplink for two games is simply not enough by today's standard and patch sizes. Without mirrors hooked up on different backbones. To top it off, setting the proxy flag redirects traffic to a single proxy - regardless if one sets EU or US.

3) Patch management
    When enabling on-demand patches, patch size may be reduced. So far so good. But it looks much like the patcher tries to download 'placeholder files' or just connects and receives a short info about a given file. Over and over again. And with the given latency it wouldn't be much faster than downloading the patch itself. This is also why the "received" counter exceeds the amount of patched data when on-demand is enabled.
    Well, Hash lists, anyone? Download just one list and let the launcher compare locally and decide which file needs updating.

4) Connection management
    Everyone connecting to one, maybe two servers? Oh please, that's so last century. Peer-to-peer is not just for pirated MP3s. Just think of this, BitTorred was actually designed for the purpose of deploying files to a group of systems.
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made it to 81% then I was informed "error 14: connection lost. trying to reconnect in x seconds"

Still waiting.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    should it not restart where it left off at 94.5???? I restarted at 82.3%
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting to reconnect.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes i see there are others with problems...

Unable to connect to launcher.
  • ayeitsjoshayeitsjosh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mostly, yes. It's a good Sci-Fi game and Cryptic's F2P model is the most democratic I've seen.

As a free player you have access to all missions, classes and levels. Only top-tier ships are purchase-only. But since you can convert Dilithium (currency you earn in game) for Zen (currency you buy with $$), You can pretty much own it all without paying a single cent.

i guess i will just wait... ugh .. the struggle!!!
    is anybody playing right now??
  • kevkla1269kevkla1269 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can u fix this before i get pissed of and deleated it. this game is fun but now i'm getting anoyed by this launcher being slow and not responding
  • cptalexanderpikecptalexanderpike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    F*ck it, I'm gonna go spend time with my family. AT LEAST THEY WORK! Stupid STO.... Does anyone actually know what the patches are? Because as far as I can tell in game, I can't see anything new. It's really disheartening when I've paid money to you guys and all you do is sit with your thumbs up your a*s, discussing where you should get the next 80 pizzas from, THAT MY MONEY PAID FOR! Do I ever get a slice? No, I just get handed a pointless patch on the same day as another pointless patch. You have three online games, HERES A TIP, get THREE SEPERATE SERVERS. I can imagine you're actually spending quite a bit on maintainence when you've got three games running from one server, that always seem to crash, why not just get seperate servers, that way the games will run alot smoother and not f*ck up all the time.

Anyone else getting sick of getting stuck inside rocks and plants? I'm not an ant, please fix it.

OH, AND I WANT SOME PIZZA ASWELL.
  • reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dhowr wrote: »
    This coming from a company that was TRIBBLE for 18 months and had no clue ........ this management team from dan Stahl on down are a joke.

Why does that not surprise me!:cool:
  • seal71seal71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on!!! now I can't even load the launcher
  • llunamariallunamaria Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Italy here..............is ridicolous,after 180mb(first patch),wait 20 min,restart patch 130mb(second patch)....wait 10 min and now???????? RESTART another patch???
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Launcher wont connect to patch server now, great its getting worse
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watches in disbelief as an enraged maniacal Dan Stahl crashes a real Miranda into the building where the Cryptic servers are housed.

Stahlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • draconian2013draconian2013 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And to quote that meme from a while back (with a slight tweak to fit the situation):

Boom Boom Boom goes the server!
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2hrs trying to patch...shall I just call it a day and try tomorrow?
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, I was thinking.. STO's got some issues, again, this morning.. oh, well... let's log into Champions.. dink around in there until they sort out STO..

Now the launcher can't connect to TRIBBLE.. and I can't even load up CO.

<sigh>

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

Umm.. it's definitely not on my side
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just found out, what those huge patches from Cryptic are...
    THOSE MUST BE THE PRISM FILES THE US GOVERNMENT HAS FROM ALL OF US... They needed a new storage, so they chose to infiltrate all our systems...
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its 6:44 pm in london uk and i cant get the dam loader to work what joy :(
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.