Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marvelmite wrote: »
    ... like I said earlier there was a huge storm last night. Sucker is bound to have caused problems on both coasts. Hoping they will post an update as to what's going on! ::whistles for Branflakes::
    It isn't the storm damage. Unless a tornado physically flattened Cryptic's serverfarm or the town its in has been knocked back into the Stone Age, it ain't the weather. It isn't like the entire internet runs thru Chicago or wherever you are. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's like throwing a tribble in the system for heavens sakes.

Thats the whole idea. Make the Neverwinter kids go play Pokemon or some other dumb TRIBBLE. As long as they are not eating bandwidth we could be using.
  • Options
    cptalexanderpikecptalexanderpike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Splendifferous isn't it? They seem to be experts at breaking the game at just the right time to stop us in Europe playing the game

Yes, Quite. Being of the English persuasion myself, I can tell you I am rather miffed. Peeved, you might say. I can not abide by the fact that they update the game while we English gentlemen tend to be playing during the mid day.

Why do they not shift the maintainence over to Australians time?

We're always bearing the brunt.
  • Options
    miichael2013miichael2013 Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    Got the same issue , unable to establish conection blablabla , i reinstalled the game again.
    Thats the second time allready in a playtime of 76 hours , but still getting same error
  • Options
    ironsticksironsticks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm in after 1 hour and a half patching and being kicked out 2 times
  • Options
    grimreach1grimreach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Trollolololol.... Some one get some water quick the trolls are catching fire.........................:eek::D:P:P
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arrrrrrgh well since my last post where i stated that it had restarted the patch guess what it is non responsive the patch does not seem to be restarting
  • Options
    wielebny1234wielebny1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PRISM-checks that the Romulans are not a threat to America
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah i think the problem might be that there was a kinda of a bad storm last night and its interfering with both coasts.
    And because they were trying to patch NW and STO at the times...stupid!

But for me iv tried opening my launcher 5 times and cant update my launcher.
    At least most of you can open your launcher and start patch.
    Im jealous of those who are actually in game playing right now.

For those who say this game sucks can you stop plz? cuz it does not suck!
    And if Cryptic keeps reading posts like that, they wont appreciate are love for the game, and just give up on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    leader876leader876 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iam having the same problems
  • Options
    seal71seal71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance is complete, Captains! We'll see you in-game!

When? that's what I want to know.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wonder if we will hit 50 pages before they lock the thread. :cool:
  • Options
    blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its Xxxx Xxxx TRIBBLE Working Oh My God>.
  • Options
    lars1091lars1091 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had the same problem, but updating my drivers worked.
    It failed to connect one time, but now it it's patching (and faster too).
    For those who have NVidia, go here to patch your driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
  • Options
    marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the internet was designed to survive nuclear war...

The internet maybe. But not the servers and the land lines that run the internet! ::shrugs:: Yeah yeah, I know. We're all wishing we had the ability to transport and use subspace communications right about now. That way for sure no matter what.. we'd be receiving transmission.

hmm. Or in this case "transmission terminated at the source, captain."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Dont count your Gorn before they hatch.
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tooo meny post website lagging .... computer says no crash
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a white "1980" version
    and im not sure its doing anything anyway
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tooo meny post website lagging .... computer says no crash

... apparently your computer also told you that there was no cake. Did you believe that one too? I mean, Pie is a lie. But Cake.. that's just gotta be real.
  • Options
    vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sdkraust wrote: »
    It's a free game. This isn't League of Legends, you don't deserve anything for a free game.

There are lifetime subs, gold accounts, z-store purchases.

These guys aren't working for free. A good portion of players are paying in one way or another.
  • Options
    adrokkalypseadrokkalypse Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally at the patching stage... and nothing is happening. Yay! Star Trek OFFline is awesome...
  • Options
    reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the hamster figured it out:P
  • Options
    faqtimefaqtime Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is no manual patch system (back-up) do it yourself thing???
    CASE WHEN n > 0 THEN 'positive' WHEN n < 0 THEN 'negative' ELSE 'zero' END
  • Options
    blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    .1 mbs per second download for 140mbs... wow everyone must be hogging the band width..
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is been screwed up since the release of LOR Neverwinter had a huge bug that took someone pointing out in the forums before anything was done about it. This was the same bug that existed in STO when it was originally released in closed then Open Beta. They also seem to think all of their games can operate on one server regardless the number of players trying to log in at the same time and everything will be ok cause we (the players) won't mind suffering from massive lag. Here is a thought "Tell them you're pissed at their gross incompetence by boycotting them not just by saying so here in the forums". I personally believe they avoid coming to the forums at times like this so they don't have to see us ******** at them and based on the performance or lack of performance I should say the only thought that comes to mind is they either don't give a dam or they're to ignorant to figure out how to fix what is wrong. What ever the case is I say we give them something to think about by refusing to buy anything or purchase Zen till they get a clue and fix the game.
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... apparently your computer also told you that there was no cake. Did you believe that one too? I mean, Pie is a lie. But Cake.. that's just gotta be real.

I was talking to the cryptic website server and after the google translator that what it said giggles
  • Options
    adrokkalypseadrokkalypse Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But why, oh why, was it working perfectly well BEFORE the patch?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It isn't the storm damage. Unless a tornado physically flattened Cryptic's serverfarm or the town its in has been knocked back into the Stone Age, it ain't the weather. It isn't like the entire internet runs thru Chicago or wherever you are. :)

Well for some of us, it actually does run through Chicago. I'll admit tho last night we had tornado warnings and flood warnings and we aren't even anywhere NEAR an area that has activity like that. Ah but coupled with the fact that cryptic tried to patch Neverwinter nights at the same time apparently.. mmhmm. Mother nature and human ingenuity there.
  • Options
    cptalexanderpikecptalexanderpike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine patched, I'll let you know if it works,
This discussion has been closed.