Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    txn8vtxn8v Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am in there like swimwear!!
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -downloads some armored core artbooks to pass the time-

..at least I can catch up on my giant robot doodles...
  • Options
    seraphimghostseraphimghost Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dhowr wrote:
    This coming from a company that was TRIBBLE for 18 months and had no clue ...

For real?
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonderful you throw 2 limited offers as us when we can't even get in to the game, nice one. 10th round of patching underway and 2.5hrs trying.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually the internet was designed to survive a nuclear war in the 1950's
    A single modern nuke would blanket wipe almost all electronics on earth

this is why both the COBRA and Pentagon war rooms have hard wired telephones of the "WW1 field issue" style as back up
    and runners for when THOSE fail

(reference Cobra is not to the organisation that routinely kicks the behind of the Joes in the series of Really bad film/toy adverts and refers to the UK emergency command centre)

and of course the internet as it stands is a mess#
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am trying to patch and I keep getting some kind of error about a script and it won't actually patch. I was playing the game just fine this morning before the patch. What's the deal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont count your Gorn before they hatch.

You could say the same thing about Jem'Hadar. Just ask a Founder. That's one goof that really bit them in the aXX....
  • Options
    marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    txn8v wrote: »
    I am in there like swimwear!!

Like.. swimwear? Oh you're cheeky. I like it. ;)
  • Options
    adrokkalypseadrokkalypse Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Arrggghhhh! I want my TREK FIX!!!
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

this is why both the COBRA and Pentagon war rooms have hard wired telephones of the "WW1 field issue" style as back up
    and runners for when THOSE fail

(reference Cobra is not to the organisation that routinely kicks the behind of the Joes in the series of Really bad film/toy adverts and refers to the UK emergency command centre)

and of course the internet as it stands is a mess#

The Larry Hama Marvel GI Joe comic book series and his current GI Joe comic book series from IDW are amazing. As is Cobra.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ROFL. No.

"Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    katelynshepardkatelynshepard Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay it lives!
  • Options
    llunamariallunamaria Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ridicolous,incredible.....................another patch...........is a four........how many patch i wait today for play????
  • Options
    goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patching was really slow.. had to wait about 6-7min for patch... but no problem login in, maybe they fixed it. :)
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Elder Scrolls Online looks epic i carnt wait.

i hope they go pay to play cus f2p sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saroven wrote: »
    The Larry Hama Marvel GI Joe comic book series and his current GI Joe comic book series from IDW are amazing. As is Cobra.

Great. Like compliments like that are not going to go straight to the Cobra Commander's head! Even though I will admit I bought the movie GI Joe: the rise of cobra without having read any reviews or even saw the previews. I was very very pleasantly surprised at all of the action and pace of the movie. The plot might have been a bit stretched in places, but overall that movie wasn't bad at ALL.
  • Options
    looter#0963 looter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we at least get a manual patch link done up for times like this if yer insisting on having multiple games on same servers?
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Have Cryptic engineers leveled enough to be able to use the instafix miracle worker?

Apparently not. Maybe they just didn't take the trait?
  • Options
    faqtimefaqtime Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3kb/s wen i have fiber optic :mad: 50mbs up 50mbs down
    CASE WHEN n > 0 THEN 'positive' WHEN n < 0 THEN 'negative' ELSE 'zero' END
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Seriously? I did not know that.

A single solar flare mass ejection couldn't do it, unless it was large enough to fry all like on the planet.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    quentinstonequentinstone Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You may be giving us too much credit for our 'patience'.
    I am a lifetime subscriber, as are two of my friends, soon to add a third. That's four in all. I have a very hard time justifying the expense to others, who correctly point out that anytime a major addition is added to STO, the game has technical problems of some kind.
    Every.
    Single.
    Time.
    This is incredible frustrating, as you can imagine, and I think you nice folks could see fit to throw $10-$20 in zenny our way by way of apology.
    And would you PLEASE get each game on a separate server?

Thank you.
  • Options
    iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if Akamai lets Cryptic (yes, that typo with the 'a' was quite compelling...) pay extra for the transfer volumes their less-than-ideal (to say it in politically correct words) patch management causes. (See http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10797351&postcount=277 )

In a way, I hope so, and that it's not just a pittance. Add to that the damage incurred by customers and ingame sales lost and maybe even a disastrous launch of Neverwinter in the coming week. Maybe then a bean-counter would see that putting some more money into a proper patch management and development of the launcher would have saved them quite some in the long run.
  • Options
    seraphimghostseraphimghost Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm stunned. I really had no idea; wasn't playing at that time.
    And people still give them credit card number?
    Interesting, says more about people than the team at CS.
  • Options
    valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    patch 13 June, again a mess, can not connect Launcher patched and crash before.
    As you support or is on aloop and cant conect, or i reciebe pre made mail, that dont aswer me, i put here the problmes i found

1-I got an error, it pop an error to send, it take 600.000.000 KB, i just exit couse really it is huge than my disk ...
    never more can connect.
    2- game found is incorrect and pop up advice to repair and can take 30 min, i click ok.
    3- when ended the error patch it worked i am online. Tahks.

Game basis is complex, I can understand all work behind. I never played an MMO game before, that each patch they launch, got a bad malfunction worse than before the patch. I guess this is "mensis horribilis" for cryptic. hope you stop this.

Of my first month I payed, I just played may be one week without troubles, and most of them are caused to patches, and errors. Is really disappointing and you don't care.
    I don't want to pay more, for sure, maybe I desist even to play. With that patience you claim every patch and error patch take along vacancy, may be when you renew your crew it worth to come back , i like this game.
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a very hard time justifying the expense to others, who correctly point out that anytime a major addition is added to STO, the game has technical problems of some kind.

The worst part is that today's addition wasn't major at all! They allowed to talk through the forcefields and now no one can play.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saroven wrote: »

Damn straight ! :P
  • Options
    dhowrdhowr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes this game star trek online was TRIBBLE for 18 months before they realized it... this u can google yourself or verify from other long standing players. CBS should yank the rights to PWE until they get their act together.This is giving star trek a big black eye. Current management team needs to be replaced from top to bottom.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cha0s1428 wrote: »
    Apparently not. Maybe they just didn't take the trait?

Admittedly the "Grace Under Fire" trait would be useful.
    The cooldown on Miracle Worker is reset during hardware or software failings on or after a recent patch.

Perhaps they should consider a trait respec.
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    made it in but stupidly slow loading and not meny othere that made it in
This discussion has been closed.