test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a free game. This isn't League of Legends, you don't deserve anything for a free game.
  • reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another epic fail for PW....what else is new?
  • wingcommander9wingcommander9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Multiple Steam restarts and two PC reboots and the launcher doesn't work at all.
  • wandererdg1wandererdg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably a typo somewhere
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    started downloading....downloaded again...then stopped...started again...stopped for good...got a "Fatal Error!"...and now can't update at all...

Normal procedure...:D

Edit: now wanted to verify All Files....couldn't connect to server...still getting a "connecting..." message
    That's kind of new...:P
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thetanine wrote: »
    Go to Options at the top o' ya launcher. Click Force Verify. Restart ya launcher. It will take few seconds for the files to run, but then presto you're in game.

If the launcher won't open at all because it cannot connect, you don't have access to the options to attempt this.

Most of us are having the error that just does a "trying to update the launcher please be patient" box but no actual launcher.
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our top engineers are on this and continue to investigate and work on a resolution. Thanks for your continued patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

http://cdn.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Hamster-helmet-l.jpg
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thursday is a bad day for cryptic mate,,,,,,,,,this happens, quit often....

You forgot a comma, fixed for you ! :D
  • cptalexanderpikecptalexanderpike Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woo! 29% I am so happy I could just **** in my hands and clap! ?_?
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have noticed the last few days something wrong with the Launcher. 'ENGAGE' no longer appears after the patch is over. I get into the game by clicking on 'PATCH' when it says 'Ready....' on the left window.

I have had problems with the Launcher in the past, and they sent me another launcher by email. This could be history repeating itself.
  • vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awwww Damn, made it up to 27% on the third try. Wonder if it will restart again.
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh god the top Engineers are on the case. Now it will never work. Issue simple. No investigation needed. Heres your problem.
    problem number :

1. Server used for STO houses Multiple games like Neverwinter & Champions online. So server goes down all games go down. loss in money.

2. Patching 2 games on same day on a shared server. Lag issues caused not smart idea. Reason. Every1 on the 2 games try to patch at same time. Causing severe lag.

3. Is maintainance ever done on servers other than when a new patch is added to game. I think not. More maintainance on servers please maybe then you won't have so many issues as the servers will work properly. maybe an hr a day Server maintance or an hour a week maintainance on them.

Overall. There are a few things you can do to increase playability. But it seems you'd rather skip all these things. I am currently doing a Customer Service Course in my job. I can safely say 9 out of 10 people playing this game are probably disatisfied with how it breaks down so much & leave or do not recommend it to their pals to play cause of this. Biggest company seller is word of mouth. Not internet, not written. It's Word of mouth. most people playing a PWE game's word of mouth is. They are good games if you can ever get onto to play them cause there is a shed load of maintainance & games break down RegualarlyKey Word here WORD OF MOUTH REFERAL'S. Not happening due to current issues from most players. Legacy of Romulus. Brought in new & old players. Now on Word of Mouth how many of them with current bugs will refer this game to a friend. Not many. get it togther PWE & sort this out.
  • qkenjiqkenji Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im stuck at 91% and then when its finished it starts all the way back to the beginning :mad:
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wait til that MASSIVE patch on Tribble comes over. We'll call that season 8 point half. Cryptic's headquarters will collapse from when the servers start to shake violently and then make explode in one giant white blinding spark.

(dear NSA, before you come arrest me, please take in consideration the context of the word explode in this post, k thx).
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayeitsjosh wrote: »
    really?? damn.. i was so looking forward into playing this game...
    is it even that worth it??

Mostly, yes. It's a good Sci-Fi game and Cryptic's F2P model is the most democratic I've seen.

As a free player you have access to all missions, classes and levels. Only top-tier ships are purchase-only. But since you can convert Dilithium (currency you earn in game) for Zen (currency you buy with $$), You can pretty much own it all without paying a single cent.
  • cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our top engineers are on this and continue to investigate and work on a resolution. Thanks for your continued patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well there's your problem. Engineers have needed a buff for a very long time. Use tacticals or science. They can get the job done much faster.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woo! 29% I am so happy I could just **** in my hands and clap! ?_?

ha ha i got in and it kicked me straight back out so i wouldn't be to happy just yet,,,,,,
  • kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    remember all elder scrolls is coming out soon from an actual software company!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably a typo somewhere

First, breathe sir. In through the nose, out through the mouth. It's not your end. There's a serious slowdown on the server's side for whatever reason. Again like I said earlier there was a huge storm last night. Sucker is bound to have caused problems on both coasts. Hoping they will post an update as to what's going on! ::whistles for Branflakes::
  • briscoe4012briscoe4012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still patching slow and Iv been stuck at 29.2% for about 30 min. I tried earlier and I was stuck at 81.4% for bout a hour. I have a friend with the same problem who has been froze at 3o% for bout an hour also. PLEASE FIX! :mad:
  • kneeliftkneelift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't patch can't update.

BAH! I am one sad kid.
  • seal71seal71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally managed to complete the patch after which took almost an hour and a half and now the game won't load, just keeps sitting on the cryptic screen then chucks me out.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well almost there, made it to 94.5% and it stayed there for a while now the server is not responding and restarting connection. Second time ever that I have had problems with the patching in the entire 3 years so not complaining.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    again patching restart at 80.7%... i smell a bottleneck ^^... divide that file :D... :(
  • e8lektrobrowniee8lektrobrownie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go figure. The patcher isn't working. And no word from Perfect World. Sounds like deja vu from every other time they "update". How about at least telling us what the **** you all are doing? Worst customer service (Second to EA of course)
  • anyamaraxiamaraanyamaraxiamara Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What is there to investigate... its been seen before. DONT do a big patch in one game (Neverwinter) and a patch in STO at the same time, fixed :rolleyes:

Is it really that taxing to designate different patch days for each game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Simi - Anyamara - Xiamara
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kbls wrote: »
    remember all elder scrolls is coming out soon from an actual software company!!!

Next spring is "soon"? :eek:
  • ironsticksironsticks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ha ha i got in and it kicked me straight back out so i wouldn't be to happy just yet,,,,,,

Same here, I almost fell off the chair!! Waited 1 hour, finished patching, got in and then... well nothing, got kicked out!!
  • dhowrdhowr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This coming from a company that was TRIBBLE for 18 months and had no clue ........ this management team from dan Stahl on down are a joke.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic, invest in decent new servers please. you get enough money out of us.
This discussion has been closed.