test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whelp. Looks like this is as good an excuse as any to cycle-grind ISE and Vault Ensnared on some alts to build up a good supply of marks for their rep grinds.

Le sigh.
  • dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's great to see weekend events like this however I was wondering if epohh tagging/raising/turning in elders for marks would fall under this event since technically it is a New Romulus Ground Mission/New Romulus Ground Instance?

What about the Tau Dewa red alert issue?

We warp into the Red Alert and instantly are warped out.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried posting this:
    Why even slot them then if we're not getting a double bonus? why not remove them from the weekend all together? That way we're not missing out on possibly 12-32 hours of other events with the gaps it would cause?

Or just give us the double mark bonus, with all the grind from the rep and fleet system, double the mark bonus would help a lot of people in a big way WITHOUT leaving a 12-32 hour gap in events happening.

into the notice itself but it keep telling me to keep comments related to the post, or to write a post as if i didn't just do that.

Either way, as much as i like them doing the bonus marks all weekend, it seems a bit weird that they would still have the event in there since it wouldn't be adding to the bonus at all. That's potentially over a full days worth of time with no events that could be easily replaced with other events. If they're going to leave the event it, they might as well let us just have the bonus from that as well. There's way too much grinding happening, and this would help out a lot of people and especially small and or KDF fleets.

Can we either just get the extra boost from the events or just not schedule those events this weekend please?
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for this event!

Perhaps some fine weekend you might give an Expertise Points weekend? That would be most needed!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this does is take away the Mirror Universe Incursion for 3 days so we have even more problems getting the 45k+ expertise we need a day for the reputation system.

Bonus marks is already 3 hours twice a day, it hardly needed a weekend unless the intention was to take away our primary source of easy expertise.

TRIBBLE.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    All this does is take away the Mirror Universe Incursion for 3 days

How does this take away the MU event?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This can be good news for everyone. For this weekend we won't be held to just 1-3 hours to earn bonus marks. Very very useful for those of us who simply can not be on all the time as others do. They should make this a monthly activity. Now if only they'd include dilithium mining that would be really something, but that will be resolved soon with the addition of the Fleet Dilithium asset.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time for me to grind for nukara and omega maerks may be able to get the maco xII ship set
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Earn bonus Reputation and Fleet Marks during our special weekend event that runs from 10AM PDT on Thursday, June 13th until 10AM PDT on Monday, June 17th!

During this time, specific queued events and content will reward bonus Reputation and Fleet Marks."

I just finished The Conduit Elite and got no bonus marks. Got the standard 60 and 15. Checked my inventory and there was no marks box in case that was it. Maybe I am missing something ? Thanks for any help.
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its not working or they forgot to turn it on.

Ran two missions both listed in the "Bonus" category, yet we got the standard rewards, no bonus at all. Whole team also confirmed both times.
    edited June 2013
    "Earn bonus Reputation and Fleet Marks during our special weekend event that runs from 10AM PDT on Thursday, June 13th until 10AM PDT on Monday, June 17th!

During this time, specific queued events and content will reward bonus Reputation and Fleet Marks."

I just finished The Conduit Elite and got no bonus marks. Got the standard 60 and 15. Checked my inventory and there was no marks box in case that was it. Maybe I am missing something ? Thanks for any help.

Bonus marks don't usually apply to Optional Bonuses. You always get 15 for that.

Not sure about the 60 marks though. You should have recieved more than that.
    edited June 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Bonus marks don't usually apply to Optional Bonuses. You always get 15 for that.

Not sure about the 60 marks though. You should have recieved more than that.

Exactly, I know the 15 is for the optional, but you should at least get 75 for the mission completion when a bonus event is active.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this does is take away the Mirror Universe Incursion for 3 days so we have even more problems getting the 45k+ expertise we need a day for the reputation system.

Bonus marks is already 3 hours twice a day, it hardly needed a weekend unless the intention was to take away our primary source of easy expertise.

TRIBBLE.

Really? Seriously? Expertise is a problem for you? you get for everything you do. Even my new Rommy character already has more expertise point there he knows what to with, even the end game grinds don't come close to using it up. What he needs is marks, of all kinds, so this event is perfect for that.

hip63 :P
    edited June 2013
    Exactly, I know the 15 is for the optional, but you should at least get 75 for the mission completion when a bonus event is active.

Might just be a glitch. I've been doing space STFs and getting the bonuses. What time did you do these STFs? Straight after the maintainance ended?
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yea same here, just ran Tau Dewa daily and only got the normal 60 not 75 bonus.
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The event doesnt give the right amount of marks. For example the Romulan daily in Tau Dewu gives 60 in stead off 75. The Vault done perfectly and got 33 marks, normally over 50.
    edited June 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Might just be a glitch. I've been doing space STFs and getting the bonuses. What time did you do these STFs? Straight after the maintainance ended?

I did one at 1 pm PST well after the event supposedly started.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foorged wrote: »
    The event doesnt give the right amount of marks. For example the Romulan daily in Tau Dewu gives 60 in stead off 75. The Vault done perfectly and got 33 marks, normally over 50.

I turned in the Tau Dewu daily last night during the event and got 75 for it.

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, ran an Azure Rescue, 35 points, 24 marks.
    hip63 wrote: »
    I turned in the Tau Dewu daily last night during the event and got 75 for it.

The weekend long event wasn't running last night, though. The problem doesn't seem to be with the 2 hour event that runs every day.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just completed Azure Rescue with 25 points and got 24 NMs

[System] [NumericReceived] You received 24 Nukara Marks
    edited June 2013
    There is a BONUS mark weekend event that started at 10am PST this morning. Just like the 3 hour bonus mark event that occurs a couple of times a day. We are NOT talking about the bonus marks you get for completing the optionals during the missions. Get it straight.
  • squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did Vault Ensnared and got no bonus.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013

TRIBBLE.

What the heck are you spending Expertise on that you have such a shortage of it? I can't get rid of the stuff, I have almost 1 million on my Romulan that's not even a month old and I'm spending it on 6 reputation projects daily plus any time I can manage to get to a fleet project before anyone else, and I still earn it faster then I can spend it.
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not getting any bonuses. Someone forgot to flip the switch...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah just ran two fleet missions and got no bonus marks. Was fooled earlier because the in game bonus event was on so didn't think anything of it, but now that's finished this weekend long one doesn't seem to be working. Obviously somebody forgot to turn it on with the patch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just ran ISE and didn't get any sort of bonus either, is something not working right?
  • evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did a federation fleet event, got 46 marks, so no bonus applied there - it's normally over 50 during the event.
  • thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just doing Romulan Ground Missions - not getting any bonus marks either!
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got 110 running it during the normal event, so I know it's not applying the bonus now, I'm only getting 75
  • seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah so far the bonus event is not working
This discussion has been closed.