Install Arc
Options

Introducing Arc

Comments

• Options
    ydrisselleydrisselle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To me Arc and the current implementation means two things:

1. Neverwinter will not be available on Steam. That's sad.
    2. STO and CO will leave Steam. That's even more sad.

The Shift+Tab keybind for the Arc overlay right now is the same that is used by Steam overlay - I dread the day Arc will be mandatory... Maybe I'm just projecting the signs, but right now I'm not really optimistic.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically...PW version of steam.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Funny too because STO is on steam.

But like most things don't expect this platform to be optional for too long. I could see them rolling it out as a replacement for the STO launcher. And I'm sure they'll give us a pink mugato pet or something to convert over.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, but I already have STO on Steam, which has all of my other games too.

But how about integrating the forums with Core Connect? Really tired of clicking on a user's forum name and dead-ending to Core Connect, which offers no real functionality back to STO or the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No thanks, don't need another digital platform, already have Steam.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone anticipating severe log in problems when this goes live?
  • Options
    supergroverohpcsupergroverohpc Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see it be able to grab patchs when ARC is online, makes no sense to have ARC running login hours after a patch and then have the launcher patch.
  • Options
    lassdom2012lassdom2012 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks clean but with a BIG problem... ther is no SPANISH language!!!

How is this posible?

Check your brain and inteligence please, work in this issue ASAP!
  • Options
    kszasokszaso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tell me why it claims i dont have an internet connection, as i type this and update sto?
  • Options
    supergroverohpcsupergroverohpc Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kszaso wrote: »
    tell me why it claims i dont have an internet connection, as i type this and update sto?
    Are you allowing it through your firewall?
  • Options
    kszasokszaso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    firewalls not even uttering a peep, and it works just fine on my other computer
  • Options
    capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just what we need, another steam copycat. Nobody else has done it right like Steam. Why not just use Steam? The problem with your all your games in one place is that its only your games. So now we'll have a bloated junk app for every publisher. No thanks.

Now theres something else to take up system resources and to crash and not update right and generally be a big pain in the butt just like origin when everyone should just pull their heads out and just use Steam.

I get that you think its cool to have your own platform, but really, its only cool for you, not for everyone else.

My $0.02
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • Options
    jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It says "All current Arc users will soon be able to enjoy exclusive offers and giveaways"

That right there is enough for me to install!

I suppose I might try Blacklight again. I didn't like it at first because I wasn't used to aiming down sight shooting mechanics but I did recently install COD: Black Ops II. We'll see.
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I hate steam. I've never played a game that worked properly without at least 20 minutes of playing around with settings. Though many times their troubleshooting was no help and I had to go through the layers of hell that is their support center! :eek: I hope arc works better, but I'll probably not use it until I hear rave reviews honestly.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To add my voice to the masses to be passed on to PWE:

I really do not want this to be mandatory. Skim this thread and see the many opposed to this becoming mandatory. No. Negative. Nope. Nein. Dislike. Do not want. Forcing this upon me will force me to uninstall and leave the game for good. Others as you see will do the same. This is a poor decision. I like this game, please don't force me to leave. I am terrified that this will become mandatory. NO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll give it a try, I personally dont like Steam and Raptr, its paranoia, I don't really like programs keeping track of my games. an in program browser... phishing much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My response:
    News-I have RSS Readers and Twitter for news.
    Billing-I would rather use my browser.
    Browser-I have a Tablet for browsing while ingame.
    Support-Never needed support in any major way.
    Notifications-Twitter.
    Connect-Teamspeak.
    Coupons-A very cheap way to push this product onto your community.
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nikkipaden wrote: »
    I'll give it a try, I personally dont like Steam and Raptr, its paranoia, I don't really like programs keeping track of my games. An in program browser... phishing much?

Also, what is the point of opening Arc to launch the launcher? Seems overly complicated. The coloring is nice, but when I hit play, unless there is a new patch, it should launch the game directly or what's the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why do we need to download and set up more TRIBBLE we dont need to play this game? ya got bought out by PWE, so we HAD to make that account with PWE, alot of us dont play any of their games but we HAD to have that... I still, as i'm sure many others still, dont play pwe games save this one and now were going to HAVE to download this TRIBBLE to?
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    zorthoszorthos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As long as this remains optional I have no problem with it, but if it's forced on me I will simply stop playing and spending money on PWE games. This to me just sounds like an unnecessary resource hog which I have no interest in.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Question for you Bran. Are you saying that you honestly don't know that this will be forced on us or you can't say anything because you were told not to confirm? From what I've read on here like myself, people don't want this, don't care to have it and will be ticked to have it forced on us. Don't let "them" do this.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Due to the way the game has been running since LOR with all the disconnections and issues my answer is NO even if the game was working fine I would probably still say no i rarely use Steam and didnt sign up for Raptr so this is the same a waste of hard drive space
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good for those who play multiple PWE games.

But please, let us have the option to use the regular launcher or the new one. I rather keep using the STO launcher than messing around with middle men (which is why I don't use Steam).
  • Options
    shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    So how long until this becomes mandatory/the only way to launch STO?

A good question!
  • Options
    shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher :) If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I have a feeling it will be more like....WHEN this changes we'll let you know.
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stuff like this is fine, some people like it and find it very convenient, and that's great. However, some people don't like it, so please don't ever make a service like this mandatory for playing STO. Personally I hate it when I have to have some background process running in order to play a game. The performance hit from having Steam running is always noticeable on my computer.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    1 GB of hard space...

Thanks, but no thanks. Whatever perks you hinted at in the blog aren't enough to compensate for the comparatively large quantity of space it'd be taking up.
    Don't know where you get that it takes 1 gig of space. The ARC folder on my computer is ONLY 82 megs
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Arc brings together the best online gaming experiences from Perfect World Entertainment onto one easy-to-use platform.

Learn more about Arc here.

Ironically, I stumbled upon Arc a few weeks ago. :p
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Brandon please I'm begging you do NOT let them make this mandatory. Launch platforms like this take years to develop and even then the best developed ones are much easier to breach than a standard single game launcher.

Think of it as a hub for all of the PWE games. You can download, install and launch ALL of the PWE games from it. Let's say you launched "War of the Immortals, and then just got done playing that. You now want to launch STO. You don't have to close Arc and then sign in to the STO launcher. Arc will inject your login info into the Cryptic launcher, and tell the Cryptic launcher to patch the game. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Eh, I'll stick with Steam, thanks. I want to keep Perfect World junk off my computer as much as possible.

Not trying to be snarky, but why do you have STO installed if your don't want PWE junk installed? :p