test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Photonic Capacitor Bug: Not Triggering by all Sci Abilites.

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Photonic Capacitor (PC) is not working for all Science Abilities:

After launching Photonic Fleet (PF), when I trigger a Science Ability an easy-to-see PC flag shows up with a 10-sec countdown. If I trigger any ability when the flag is present, the Cooldown (CD) of PF is unaffected. When there is no flag, and a working BO power is triggered, PF's CD is reduced. This is as expected, based on the Trait description.

However, there are some Science Abilities that do not create the PC flag and likewise do not reduce PF's CD.

Bugged Science Powers:
Scattering Field III
Science Fleet II
Tachyon Beam I
Tractor Beam I
Tractor Beam Repulsors

Known Working Science Powers:
Energy Siphon II
Gravity Well III
Hazard Emitters II
Science Team
Sensor Scan III
Subnucleonic Beam III
Transfer Shield Strength II
Tykens Rift

[TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,703,635.

09/20/13 - Fix incoming:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12490971#post12490971

10/03/13 - Fixed on Holodeck:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=870051
(Tested/confirmed 10/04)

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While using another character I've confirmed that Transfer Shield Strength II does successfully trigger Photonic Capacitor.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, the sensor scan and subnucleonic beam does trigger the cooldown reduction on my VA sci character. But I can confirm that scattering field does not and the tractor beam repulsors do not trigger the cooldown reduction. Science team, hazzard emmiters, transfer shield, tykens rift, GW, ES all work as far as I know.
    edited June 2013
    ultijuice wrote: »
    Actually, the sensor scan and subnucleonic beam does trigger the cooldown...
    Confirmed. Thanks!

• bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tachyon Beam 1 does not trigger it.

Tractor Beam 1 does not trigger it.

Wonder how many more months until someone bothers to even look at this...
    edited August 2013
    Yup. Still broken.

:(

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    After reading this my conclusion is that overall, all sci skills need to be looked at. Seems they have plenty of bugs that have festered because of the glut of tac captains vs sci ones.
    edited September 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    After reading this my conclusion is that overall, all sci skills need to be looked at. Seems they have plenty of bugs that have festered because of the glut of tac captains vs sci ones.
    /signed +1.

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I can't say for sure if Science Fleet is supposed to trigger Photonic Capacitor or not.

Some Captain Powers do (Sensor Scan and Subnuc, for instance), some don't (Scattering Field), and there's no official list or Dev Feedback on it.

That being said, can't think of any reason why Tachyon Beam, Tractor Beam, or Repulsors don't work.

I have never gone through and tested every Science power, only the ones my Scis with this Trait have used and those reported in that thread.

With the exception of Science Fleet, all abilities you have listed act like extend shields or evasive maneuvers. They can be disrupted with Photonic Shockwave or by moving out of range/arc for some. Note that when any of those abilities are used, a number appears over the ability listing the duration remaining time. I can't remember the official name for this feature, but it's a separate type of ability. Things like Gravity Well, Emergency Power to Shields, or Attack Pattern Omega are "fire and forget" buffs, you click them and they activate. Whereas Extend Shields, Tachyon Beam, Tractor Beam, etc. will remain active and can be knocked out early with a well timed photonic shockwave. The photonic capacitor may be failing to register these abilities as science buffs, or it may be by design.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited September 2013
    With the exception of Science Fleet, all abilities you have listed act like extend shields or evasive maneuvers... The photonic capacitor may be failing to register these abilities as science buffs, or it may be by design.
    Interesting observation. Unless we get a Dev comment we'll never know for sure. :o

edited September 2013
    Hey! The Tribble Release notes today (here) show an incoming fix for this bug.

Yay!
    • Trait - Photonic Capacitor
      • This trait can now be triggered by the following additional Science abilities:
        • Scattering Field
        • Science Fleet
        • Tachyon Beam
        • Tractor Beam
        • Tractor Beam Repulsors
      • Any ability that has a Toggle duration (shown as a short duration countdown on your hotkey bar) will not activate Photonic Capacitor until this duration has completed.

• davkurasdavkuras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    edited October 2013
    10/03/13 - Fixed on Holodeck:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=870051
    (Tested/confirmed 10/04)

Thanks Cryptic!

:D

(Ok to close thread.)