test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we have dogs as pets in the new lockbox?

lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
Since you're releasing a new lockbox, any chance it will come with dogs? I hate cats.
Post edited by lucho80 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe a beagle that vanishes into its surroundings when startled?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Since you're releasing a new lockbox, any chance it will come with dogs? I hate cats.

This was actually asked in the latest podcast from tribbles in Extasy (or however it is written). Dogs are more difficult than cats because of the different sizes and postures. It'll take time to implement dogs (if/when a decision is made to add them).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    This was actually asked in the latest podcast from tribbles in Extasy (or however it is written). Dogs are more difficult than cats because of the different sizes and postures. It'll take time to implement dogs (if/when a decision is made to add them).

Irony...

In my expirience, real life cats are more difficult than dog...

A dog:

You call it's name... only to realize it was already there.
    You open the can... Dogs there... Before, during and after.

A cat:

You call its name... And spend the next 30 mins looking for it... without success... 3 hours later, it appears.

You open can... Cats there... eats, and then it's like "You want to talk to me? a$$,... I'm outta here".
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

@ cats and cat lovers :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    there are allready dogs in the game, check the lobi store and exchange. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Odd...

Seems to me, if they just re-skinned the Alfa Companions, much like they did the Mugato/Feather Monkey/Abomitable Snowman, they'd have a very usable small-breed dog, maybe a Beagle, a nod to Archer's pup Porthos?
    Don't all non-combat pets fade into the background when startled (aka when combat starts)?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How's this sound.Next Mirror invasion event have a mirror Porthos attack dog as the reward.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We need beagles!

When 4 or more Beagles are present, script them so they start barking/howling at each other.

When a "Cat" be it Caitain or pet Cat is present.... then... that's it... game on... watch the beagles chase said cat.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    How's this sound.Next Mirror invasion event have a mirror Porthos attack dog as the reward.

No, i want a Beagle that follows me around not an attack pet that i cna only use in combat for a short ime.

Just a normal Beagle would be fine.

i have no ideas why dogs are more difficult than cats We already have pets in different sizes (Khellids) and colors (raptors) and we even have birds.

Why not just standard color but different races? A beagle that looks like Porthos, a German shepherd, a Jack-Russel Terrier...
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Irony...

A dog:

A cat:

You call its name... And spend the next 30 mins looking for it... without success... 3 hours later, it appears.

You open can... Cats there... eats, and then it's like "You want to talk to me? a$$,... I'm outta here".

It's not our fault that you don't know how to train your cat? :P Never had any problems with that.

Cats are quiet and the perfect pet for early morning and late night in addition you don't have to walk them.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still want a Beagle.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I still want a Beagle.

For the moment you will have to settle for this
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No. Cats have always liked boxes, and schrodinger proved that they will even dabble into the realms of particle physics in order to satiate these desires.

Dogs on the other hand do not like boxes, and it would be cruel to stuff them in there.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I want a Shih Tzu.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want a stationary goldfish bowl.

Maybe with a little castle at the bottom.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Irony...

A dog:

A cat:

His cat he called her, but she owned him not.

(J.r.r. Tolkien talking about shelob and sauron in the two towers)
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    id love a shar pei in-game. that would be the best!
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    His cat he called her, but she owned him not.

(J.r.r. Tolkien talking about shelob and sauron in the two towers)

More Tolkien on cats:
    ______

Cat

The fat cat on the mat
    may seem to dream
    of nice mice that suffice
    for him, or cream;
    but he free, maybe,
    walks in thought
    unbowed, proud, where loud
    roared and fought
    his kin, lean and slim,
    or deep in den
    in the East feasted on beasts
    and tender men.
    The giant lion with iron
    claw in paw,
    and huge ruthless tooth
    in gory jaw;
    the pard dark-starred,
    fleet upon feet,
    that oft soft from aloft
    leaps upon his meat
    where woods loom in gloom —
    far now they be,
    fierce and free,
    and tamed is he;
    but fat cat on the mat
    kept as a pet
    he does not forget.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I want a stationary goldfish bowl.

Maybe with a little castle at the bottom.
    I have a fish bowl in my ready room, it's taller than me. You are right, though: I would like to be able to change the decorations in it.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No dogs in the Vaadwaur Lock Box coming out tomorrow unfortunately.

But my pup would LOVE to make a cameo or do the motion capture if it is ever considered in the future.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2015

If they can make a Targ pet, they can make a bulldog.

Hell, one of the alien species in STar Trek is literally a dog with a horn on it. You literally have an in lore excuse to start making dog models!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hell, one of the alien species in STar Trek is literally a dog with a horn on it. You literally have an in lore excuse to start making dog models!

Erm... we already have them in game. With different colors, tails and horns. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    maybe a baby vaadwaur called cobra
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will have to get my kdf a tank toy... I just hope its got a firing animation...