test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Accoutn Error in Launcher

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I tried to load up Star Trek Online today after not having played it in a really long time.

I bought the Digital Deluxe Pack on Steam, so used Steam to reinstall it. When it was done I pressed play and it brought up the launcher. There is says "account error, click here for more information".

Doing that it tell me the error is:
"This game requires a retail purchase to play. Please visit this page to get your copy!
If you've already purchased the game, please enter your retail key here. "

So I go to that and type in the code Steam says to use and it says it's already been activated and doesn't need to be activated again. A thing on the side of the screen says that if you're reinstalling you shouldn't have to re-enter your code.

So that's one problem, one that might be related is a friend sent me a invite for a 7 day trial thing and when I tried to accept that it said something like "You don't meet the requirements".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Star Trek is not free to play yet. You need an active (paid ) subscription to play.
    if you have a paid subscription and can not login then you need to contact billing either by a support ticket or used thier open chat.
    http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline#help
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PegasusMD wrote:
    Star Trek is not free to play yet. You need an active (paid ) subscription to play.
    if you have a paid subscription and can not login then you need to contact billing either by a support ticket or used thier open chat.
    http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline#help

Ah ok, I still figured it would patch up and let me further in than just stopping me on the launcher if that was the case.

Anyway, the trial pass thing I mentioned from my friend should work though right? And it isn't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    trial account will only work for people that never had a demo account or an active paid account.
    trial accounts are setup to get new people to try the game so will not work for people that have already tried the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a similar issue but I didn't get STO via Steam. I have the Collector's Edition. But my 10 day trial cards don't seem to work I still can't play.