test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glad the Anni ship looks decent

deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
Given that's a opinion based statement, but after seeing normal Kobali cruisers in game I was a bit worried on it's design.

Well I'll be a happy camper with it. :]
Not so much with the Q grind but oh well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Given that's a opinion based statement, but after seeing normal Kobali cruisers in game I was a bit worried on it's design.

Well I'll be a happy camper with it. :]
    Not so much with the Q grind but oh well.

This one is better looking:

Zombie ship

One's beauty is another's trash :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Zombie ship

Yea... you're right. Good thing I don't care what you think of the ship since what you think of it has no bearing on my decisions to get the ship whatsoever.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yea... you're right. Good thing I don't care what you think of the ship since what you think of it has no bearing on my decisions to get the ship whatsoever.

same here...glad I dont care what others think its beauty...your beauty is prob trash for me

Beauty is blind and in the eyes of the beholder :rolleyes:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unlike truth, beauty is indeed very subjective. I mean, I adore the Undine ships exterior and interior, which most people seem not to.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I feel a disconnect with it. It's nothing I actually want to have, if except for its ship trait. If this had been a C-Store purchase, I'd skip it. I didn't skip the Dyson hybrid either for the anniversary or the C-Store.

I do think it has a nice butt; as in, I like the general look of the area with the impulse engines.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is a good looking ship. I play this game because it is Star Trek, however, and while good looking, isn't Trek enough to make me want to fly it regularly. I almost sold my D'Kora when I got it because it wasn't Trek enough, and it is cannon.

Maybe, after flying it long enough to get the Trait the Kobali ship will grow on me though. It happened with the D'Kora, it is one of the few of my ships that I actually still fly on a regular basis.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a decent looking ship. Though it does look very generic sci-fi-y.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Zombie ship

That's not a "zombie ship".

This is a zombie ship!

Fortunately, as (I still maintain) the Kobali are in fact sapient viral colonies that infest and operate corpses, I don't need my former Kobali ship to be a "zombie" - just thoroughly disinfected before I take possession (if you'll pardon the word).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Hey! I know that zombie ship! That's in my state! Heck... that in my TOWN!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hey! I know that zombie ship! That's in my state! Heck... that in my TOWN!
    Yep, if I'd won the lottery on schedule, I was going to buy that hulk and rehab it as a houseboat with an onboard garage. Le sigh.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    same here...glad I dont care what others think its beauty...your beauty is prob trash for me

Beauty is blind and in the eyes of the beholder :rolleyes:

WTF is wrong with you?! My eyes, they BERN!

If beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder then why are you arguiing with the OP over what he considers beautiful?

:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it looks fantastic. But I don't fly outside my faction.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally, I think it looks decent, but not something I would ever truly desire - at least in part because the Kobali make no sense (even canon has junk in it).

I think they should have simply made its back story something with the Ferengi. It kind of looks like a Delta Flier/Ferengi hybrid.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I think it looks fantastic. But I don't fly outside my faction.
    Dats factionist! lol Arnt the Kobali technically part of the alliance (given thats not straight up federation) so in a way part of said faction...also its a joint ship built by the kobali with the help of feds...at least according to the teaser post.

Heck fly it for nothing else than to get the trait :3
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The trait's the only reason I give a damn about it. I don't fly non-Starfleet/KDF/Romulan ships on my toons as a matter of policy and the Kobali as a species are a bunch of sanctimonious self-deluding war criminals.

Soon as I get the trait, I'm dumping it in my dockyard and going back to my T5U Fleet Avenger, D'deridex, and Tor'Kaht, and saving my money for a T6 Command Galaxy.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is one sweet looking ship. Not sure I like the colour, or the bull horns, but other than that the design is sleek and very command looking.

With a Dyson Shield on, it would look pretty damn awesome.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a decent looking ship. Though it does look very generic sci-fi-y.

This.

I like the design of it but I have to agree there, dosen't really scream star trek to me. That thing kinda reminds me of mass effect, don't know why.

Also, what is the mentioned "kobali space set" that the warp core is part of?

Is it a mission reward like the dyson set or will we see another triple box with 3 times the same ship only with a different gimmick console?
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oddly enough, the Kobali ship kind of evokes a Kzinti design aesthetic in my head. I think it's an excellent design, minimalist and functional looking. Definitely something I can imagine the Enterprise encountering in one of the shows. The only thing the ship needs to lose are the stupid tail fins ontop.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This.

I like the design of it but I have to agree there, dosen't really scream star trek to me. That thing kinda reminds me of mass effect, don't know why.

Also, what is the mentioned "kobali space set" that the warp core is part of?

Is it a mission reward like the dyson set or will we see another triple box with 3 times the same ship only with a different gimmick console?

I think the warp nacelles and the impulse engines set it at least apart from "generic Sci-Fi" - since other Sci-Fi usually uses more standard "rocket engine" looks for their ships, and Star Trek always has this high-sci-fi vibe.

Though Mass Effect may be a franchise that does something similar.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Agree with the non star trek feel comments, heck to me it feels almost Halo-ish lol But honestly I find a lot of ships in game non strek trek feeling. Some people it bothers, Long as its useful and still looks decent I dont mind it. (Unlike the flying Rebox...that design pls fire the art designer omg...)