test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek into Darkness..Did you notice... SPOILERS!! Enter if you dare

jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
Praxius was destroyed. "Interesting since it should not of done that until much later." But ty for throwing that in there for the fans. Looks like Qo'noS was going threw a nuclear winter because of it. Also Mud's ship reference, Section 31, Nurse Chappel. Marcus. Are great great! Khan!! That had to be a joke lol. He put that in there as a joke;) But damn that was a good movie!!

Looks like the KDF is going to ead next movie:)
Post edited by jtmarsh on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed that about praxus. I wondered if that was a mistake and they got the time wrong (thats hard to do if you know it exploded in the first place). or just a coincidence.

personally i assume they have been mining that place for centuries and it was just a random ticking time bomb that could explode at any given moment so every potential timeline is different. (maybe after nero's ship did a number on their fleet they upped production?)

they also mentioned they wanted qo'nos (spelt the original way of kronos) to feel like it was heavily industrialised to begin with. it usually has dark and dreary skies anyway.
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I am not upset with the early blow up. I take it as a gift. They threw something our way that only the trek people would get. Just like Mudd and section 31.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its cool. its just one of those things that will be endlessly debated. you know how trekkies like everything explained in great detail.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked how there were Enterprise Class and XCV 330 ship models.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved it. There were a few minor flaws but excellent overall.

Only real problem I have with it is the whole Khan's blood thing. Not necessarily what it can do or that it was a little obvious. The problem I have is that now they have 73 people in suspended animation with magic blood that can resurrect people. They can bring anyone back to life now. You'd think Starfleet would be draining these people as often as possible. There should be whole vats of the stuff stored on every Starship. Every person on an away team should have at least 1 hypo filled with the stuff. Poor damn red shirts need to unionize and go on strike till it happens.
    I just wonder where they got Cryo tube #73 from for the scene at the end?

Also the uniforms at the beginning really show how JJ is going to be doing the Star Wars movies, not to mention he got Lucasarts involved in making the film as well.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Also the uniforms at the beginning really show how JJ is going to be doing the Star Wars movies, not to mention he got Lucasarts involved in making the film as well.

You realize that Industrial Light and Magic have done the special effects for Star Trek since ST II: Wrath of Khan right?
    I loved it. There were a few minor flaws but excellent overall.

Only real problem I have with it is the whole Khan's blood thing. Not necessarily what it can do or that it was a little obvious. The problem I have is that now they have 73 people in suspended animation with magic blood that can resurrect people. They can bring anyone back to life now. You'd think Starfleet would be draining these people as often as possible. There should be whole vats of the stuff stored on every Starship. Every person on an away team should have at least 1 hypo filled with the stuff. Poor damn red shirts need to unionize and go on strike till it happens.

I wondered why they did not just use one of the others instead of having to recapture Khan.

I assumed because they did not just use another one of the people in the tubes that Khan's blood was the only one that worked. like he was the most advanced of all the augments (hence why he became the leader and could control the others).

also bit unethical to just keep whipping them out of stasis and taking blood, not to mention impractical, as it takes blood time to regenerate so that means leaving them out of statis for a while.
    edited May 2013
    also bit unethical to just keep whipping them out of stasis and taking blood, not to mention impractical, as it takes blood time to regenerate so that means leaving them out of statis for a while.

Some might say it's unethical to just let people die when you have something that can save their lives. :P

Anyway, that comment was mainly intended as a joke. But it doesn't change the fact that they now have a cure for death and can use it in any future movie. They'd be stupid to do it, but the possibility is still there.
    Some might say it's unethical to just let people die when you have something that can save their lives. :P

that sounds like a classic star trek conundrum.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, only real quibble I have is this. We've seen Earth Space Dock. We know there are ships in orbit/around Earth...

Where is the fleet and ESD when the Enterprise is falling? Should have ESD sent a ******n TUG at least? Were there NO other ships around AT ALL? ESD was on the OTHER SIDE of the planet, AGAIN?

Ya know at least a throw away line or two would have been nice. "We are falling, request assistance from Space Dock!" "They don't have anything available..."

At least acknowledge there *are* other assets, especially since we saw them earlier in the film.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    Praxius was destroyed. "Interesting since it should not of done that until much later." But ty for throwing that in there for the fans. Looks like Qo'noS was going threw a nuclear winter because of it.

I guessed it became the Borg testing facility for the Empire, the Klingons took apart the Nerarda in the deleted scenes in the last film, and the D-4's looked rather enhanced, so maybe Praxis blew up early due to experiments on Borg stuff, a nice parallel with Hobus.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOOT!!! loved the movie and yes I saw praxis too. LOTS of good stuff in the Movie, allways something to nit pik about, but overall...well done...:)

Can't wait for the next one...:P
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Khan's original cryo tube from the Botany Bay maybe?

I didn't realise Praxis had exploded. Will have to keep an eye out for that when I get the DVD. Also didn't realise that was Mudd's ship they used. That's a nice nod.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed it! I have to say that after watching Into Darkness I'm very much in favour of caps being added to the STO uniform options...although given the current primary universe 25th century fashion sense I wonder if they'd fit in.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    movie was well done. perhaps too many homages to classic trek as i could have done without spock screaming khan.

best part is the fact taht i won what ended up being a 1200 dollar bet. i knew it was khan after teh 10 minute imax preview in front of the hobbit last year but a couple of my inner circle said i was lying and went so far as to bet real life credits.

my vo'quv needed a new interior so, perfect timing.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that sounds like a classic star trek conundrum.

USS Enteprise enters orbit, Kirk, Mccoy, spock and a red shirt beams down, guess which one dies? :D.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Red Shirt was harmed in making this film.

Actually, a multitude of colors were harmed. I like how the trailers pretty much make Khan the bad guy even though he was just a tool being used by the real villian.
  • maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really enjoyed it. And I loved how Section 31 were the main villains in this.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    No Red Shirt was harmed in making this film.

Actually, a multitude of colors were harmed. I like how the trailers pretty much make Khan the bad guy even though he was just a tool being used by the real villian.

I loved the look Chekov gave when he was told to put on a redshirt.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    edited May 2013

I loved uniforms!! The small color swatch on the upper chest! Also did you notice the Green overall color ones?? What division was that? Ground?

STO if your reading I WANT THAT UNIFORM.
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Ok, only real quibble I have is this. We've seen Earth Space Dock. We know there are ships in orbit/around Earth...

Where is the fleet and ESD when the Enterprise is falling? Should have ESD sent a ******n TUG at least? Were there NO other ships around AT ALL? ESD was on the OTHER SIDE of the planet, AGAIN?

Ya know at least a throw away line or two would have been nice. "We are falling, request assistance from Space Dock!" "They don't have anything available..."

At least acknowledge there *are* other assets, especially since we saw them earlier in the film.

That's the same thing as last movie! One hero ship is all you get lol. Where the heck was Vulcan defence??? Where was earth's planetary defence? Lets see the earth was attacked on Enterprise, is has now been attacked twice in the last 2 movies. Where are the guns?? But before we attack JJ. Look at best of both worlds. Cube arrives and you see no guns popping from the planet.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I imagine that was ADM Marcus' doing, since he was the head of Starfleet, and probably set up the whole thing while the Vengeance was in transit.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »

I'll follow this up with the biggest nit I had to pick from the movie ...

No radiation suit for Kirk when he enters the irradiated area? Dubya Tee Eff? If you're going to go scene for scene with TWK, SPOCK PUT ON THE FREAKIN SUIT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    This movie gave the old Star Trek: Starfleet Command gamers and RPG gamers a Dreadnought. Was really the first official dreadnought in the tv/movie universe. Before you say Galaxy X. I agree but it was never called that. That dreadnought looked kinda like the Starfleet Command game.

Now lets nic pic on something. It was not a secret ship! All you had to do was look at the admirals models.
    edited May 2013
    Also was I the only one that hoped at the end we see a little refit at the end of the movie for the enterprise. NOW no fights!! This is the ship so leave that old debate on the floor. But I would have liked to see a little refit since it was so damaged and a year passed.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll follow this up with the biggest nit I had to pick from the movie ...

No radiation suit for Kirk when he enters the irradiated area? Dubya Tee Eff? If you're going to go scene for scene with TWK, SPOCK PUT ON THE FREAKIN SUIT!
    Yeah and Spock also, you know, repaired the ship. Kirk just kicked it.

It's like... I want to like JJTrek, but they keep doing stupid stuff like that...
  • begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fresh after watching movie. And I just want to puke scene after scene. ST 2009 was way better in terms of common sense about Star Trek. Here? This movie would be complete fiasco if wasnt name Star Trek.
    Secret base in Sol System, shuttle aproach it, no **** were given:confused: Didnt know that Klingon Home World didnt have any ships around it to protect it. Guess all where somewhere else. Hand Com of Scotty have range from Sol to Kronos?
    I can go on and on. Thanks God JJ is out and SW will now have to endure his ideas.
    I really want to rip my eyes after this movie.
    Positive sides? Typical american movie with big flashes no bang. Nice for eyes but your mind will scream
    edited May 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    Fresh after watching movie. And I just want to puke scene after scene. ST 2009 was way better in terms of common sense about Star Trek. Here? This movie would be complete fiasco if wasnt name Star Trek.
    Secret base in Sol System, shuttle aproach it, no **** were given:confused: Didnt know that Klingon Home World didnt have any ships around it to protect it. Guess all where somewhere else. Hand Com of Scotty have range from Sol to Kronos?
    I can go on and on. Thanks God JJ is out and SW will now have to endure his ideas.
    I really want to rip my eyes after this movie.
    Positive sides? Typical american movie with big flashes no bang. Nice for eyes but your mind will scream

Tell us how you really feel;)
  • enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the end of the film, when the camera pans across the hull of the Enterprise, I was highly expecting a letter "A" at the end of "NCC 1701".

The camera movement highly implied it would happen, to me at least, as you couldn't see it until it swang round. Oh well, thought it would have been the right time to introduce it.

Nice touch with the models on the desk, I loved that.

I highly enjoyed the film, many twists and turns. I expected the Villain of course (Comberbach), who didn't? XD But no way did I expect you know who was the captain of the U.S.S. Vengeance.