Comments

• yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    1. Triple/Quad beam bank
    2. Aft weapon: Plasma vents
    3. Aft weapon: Turret fabricator
    4. Starfleet/Klingon experimental singularity warp core ship
    5. Re-usable batteries
    6. Klingon dagger and mek'leth
    7. Mass-driver cannon weapons (kinetic damage)
    8. Line of plasma torpedo launchers with the rapid-fire-style HY
    9. Line of photon, quantum, chroniton and transphasic torpedoes with the targetable-orb-of-doom-style HY
    10. Pickard's photonic tommygun

O6edYtb.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Klingon hairstyles from within the game itself (so no need to make new ones).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Picard's face animation when i use a gun :p
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    -more section 31 missions, where you have to make choices of sticking with federation values
    or support section 31 and betraying federation rules or values and have those decisions affect the mission ending
    and future missions, with everything that has been going on in the story line missions you would think
    Franklin Drake would have you doing all kinds of spy missions and intelligence gathering missions
    -New Section 31 starship
    Approved. While we already have missions with those kinds of choices (recent example: 'Revolution'), it'd be nice to see some cases where such choices do have persistent effects (I think SWTOR might be a good example of this). Sort of related would be the concept of 'secret orders' from the old TIE Fighter game.

Bonus idea: more missions and STFs with optional objectives based on career track and commendation rank ('Mine Enemy' is to my knowledge the only one with both).
    - drops in exploration missions where as you go through them you pick up pieces that improve your
    your ground weapons like a new sniper scope, some kind of new weapon part that improves the look
    and energy damage that would be upgradeable as well as drops that could create new valuable
    ship modules or drops that improve on your personal shields and armor .

- a desighn your own weapon NPC vendor where you could mix and match weapons parts to create your own
    unique ground weapons that look amazing and so you have a choice of different mods and damage types.
    It sounds like you want to apply the ship/console and kit/module logic to weapons, which would be eminently sensible. The Picatinny rail system and its analogues exist today for a reason; I can't see that reason being any less valid in the Trek universe; example mods that can be found or crafted include scopes (+CrtH when in fine-aim mode) and collimation arrays (+range). Note that this can segue into introducing a family of mated weapons that can be attached to longarms: a variety of grenade launchers as well as mini-PWAs ('Masterkey') and even micro-flamers!

A related idea would be having new crafting recipes unlocked either through progression in a rep track or from breaking down items. For example, once you hit T3 in New Romulus, you can start crafting nanite-disruptor weapons... or, you can buy one off the exchange and have your R&D crew break it down.

Yet another desired addition to crafting was raised in another thread; the author escapes me but if they read this they are welcome to speak up so I can credit them properly. Specifically: once you happen across a mod combination you like in a particular weapon line (example, [CrtD2][Snare] on a plasma torpedo), you can make it into a blueprint. What this does is remove that combination from the pool of possible crafting results in that line, but you can reproduce it at whim.

And yes, it'd be nice to be able to pick the weapon model independently of its damage type - for example, maybe you like the polaron procs, but can't stand the aesthetics.
    - more unique end of story prize for each story you play , like more ship traits , unique ship consoles,
    new weapon types for both ground and space, new boffs that fit into new story lines that have voice over parts,
    new kinds of unique ship armor, more unique character clothing as story prizes like was done with the Iconian
    outfit.
    Good idea. In fact, as long as we're here, I do wonder how hard it would be to revamp the ship tailor so that the visuals that come from certain sets 'live' there (much as the rep armor visuals now reside in the character tailor).
    - new missions added to New Ronulus to show the progress made since helping
    D'tan set up his new world and helping with construction ect...
    maybe add some new Diplomatic missions and maybe an expansion to the map to explore the Reman
    part of the map and begin a Reman story.
    Absolutely; this was a major missed opportunity for several reasons. One I point to often is the idea that 'Brotherhood of the Sword' could've been something like 'Undine Assault' in that a given run would pick one of three locales at random (Qo'noS, San Francisco, New Romulan capitol), each with its own roster of optional objectives.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Getting to shoot that worthless TRIBBLE Sela in the face already.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    For the love of trek, Phasers. Better, more variety of good, cannon looking phaser weapons.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nynik wrote: »
    Tricorders.

I want to see kits removed and their division powers re-bundled into various division based tricorders. The powers could be universal within each division and be slotted to the active tricorder according to the wishes of the player, like the new trait system.

Just like on TV and the big screen (and the recent Star Trek 2013 game), I want to whip out my tricorder and have it cast my abilities, unlock doors, interact with my environment.

We have those, we call them Kits. Just change the animation to a tricorder.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    -Picard's Tommy Gun as a reward from an event
    -L'Miren Boff
    -ENT weapons
    -nucleogenic lifeform from VOY: Equinox as pets
    -tiny Planet Killer (not the Undine one) non-combat pet
    -more hairstyles for Caitians and Ferasans (at least, M'Ress' one)
    -more interiors for lockbox ships
    -Warship Voyager from VOY: Living Witness.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    yakodym wrote: »
    5. Re-usable batteries

Kinda already exists in the form of the Red Matter Capacitor, at least for those who have it.
    7. Mass-driver cannon weapons (kinetic damage)

Ship mounted Mass Driver tech is seriously outdated by the 25th Century though. No species uses it, and there's really no need for it. Especially since Kinetic doesn't do so well against shields anyways. Its better for use against bare hull.
    8. Line of plasma torpedo launchers with the rapid-fire-style HY

Kinda already exists in the form of the Romulan Rep Hyper-Plasma Torp. With the right DOffs you can spit out a frickin' stream of the things, and by default it fires 3 per volley.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    ...also, I want this:

1386d19d7a_101906160_o2.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    latest?cb=20060106121931&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20050918213301&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20100518200043&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20080503231312&path-prefix=en

Enough Said

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
      how abot a costume tailor for weapon visuals, i happen to like the look of the mk 1 phaser rifle but when upgraded it changes the look of the weapon
    • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
      I dream of a ship with 8 consoles all with 5 skills available.
      Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      well it is not an item, but a change to the way of using an item

the possiblity to change the appearance of my ship out of the customization tool (forgotten the real name - the npc at the shipyard-). i have 2 builds for my faeht, beams and cannons, and it would be cool of having 1 skin for 1 build.

the appearance could be saved with the loadout of a ship.
      Post edited by sennahcherib on