What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who says accordions aren't metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ

Nobody. I'm one of the biggest TURISAS fans you're ever likely to meet. The Violin is also totally METAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5e3SidgylI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • tinkywinkyofborgtinkywinkyofborg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about haikus?

The servers are down,
    What the frak is going on,
    It occurs too much.

I'm game!

Alas, my poor luck!
    My first time to play in months:
    and servers are down.

"Red Alert!," say I
    while manning the photon torps,
    targeting servers....
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    NO! th website is the LOWEST on the priorities, the launcher says SERVER DOWN. the launcher is always more accurate

And the Website can be seen by all not only the Players....
    Thats the more likely reason ....
    Afraid bout the shame???
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hydrodura wrote: »
    Me hungry cook

and to think i'm better in bed than in the kitchen.... just sayin
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • commandergravecommandergrave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little compensation for this would be appropiate... A disscount on some items or just plain zen giveaway ;D

anyways, I got kicked right when I finally got to do some infected with my fleet... that was a few hours ago, still can't play.
  • thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If PW are wondering why their income is dropping it is probably due to people like me who consider the game to be too unreliable to justify further investment in new gear. I was thinking about the Legacy Pack but not anymore. PW need to upgrade the network infrastructure or it will be total chaos come May 21st!!!!!

Also it would be nice for an official notice concerning what has failed and how long the repairs are going to take!
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher is up but the server light is still red.
  • valsharenvalsharen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a hilarious trek song to pass time with:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE&list=RD02Vh0l00Y1760
  • shawnypshawnyp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not being booted 6 times a day and an exchange console on the fleet starbase, are these things too much to ask for?
    :eek:
  • soullsdsoullsd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL well that answers one question. its a hit

do remins get tribble bonuses
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is quite obvious what has happened:

1. The servers are "working as intended".
    2. The network load problem is being addressed.
    translation:
    They are attempting to shed network load by having
    disgruntled customers log off and never log in again.
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    now they are allowing terrorists to use the forums and game as a way to communicate, must let someone know about this.

i really want to use a derogatory term i learn over seas but i wont all i will say is just translate the page
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note to PWE/Cryptic:

Hookers, liquor and drugs are not considered "investments" in network infrastructure. Time to invest your income appropriately in honest improvements for the sake of your business.

Anyone else see a new lockbox coming to pay for all of these server "improvements"?

I just got a mental image of the office looking all disheveled on a Saturday, food TRIBBLE and trash everywhere, with Tacofangs smoking that good and listening to Bob Marley, JamJamz face down with white powder all around his face and Borticus in the corner sweating with his arm tied off and a needle in it. And then giggling women in underwear come running out of Zinc's office and he's passed out nude on a couch with a bottle of Maker's in one hand.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • ddoherty1011ddoherty1011 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    You win, we can't have a haiku competition now :(

Lol I can

Servers are a myth,
    When it comes to our Star Trek,
    Just a stuck button.

Occasionally,
    However it is unstuck,
    That is server up.

But mostly down stuck,
    Meaning less playing for us,
    Why we kick a fuss?

Well TRIBBLE you cryptic,
    Fix your god damn button now!
    Or find that button,

Ow!
  • zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about haikus?

The servers are down,
    What the frak is going on,
    It occurs too much.

I'm more of a limerick sort of guy.

When it comes to Star Trek Online
    Outages cause players to whine
    The developers are pressed to mend
    Problems they can't comprehend
    Of worse things, this could be a sign.

~fin
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gee and i remember the good old days when StarFleet Battles tabletop gamming was all the rage and no servers were necessary... only smoke breaks LOL!!!
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    Brankflakes where art thou
    Why hast thou forsaken us
    on our darkest day
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and to think i'm better in bed than in the kitchen.... just sayin

really how you doing
  • avastanavastan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ..ance at this time.

LOL
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dinos2012 wrote: »
    maybe when you get a little older at least pass 12 years old you mite get it!! fruity nit.

me 13, nearly 14.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol love how they deny they 'arent linked' (aside from the fact we can even access the same chat/mail networks ingame)

Yet none of cryptics games can go down for any sort of unexpect incedent/planned maintenance without ALL of their other games going down as well:P

Heh, yeh sure : the server arent the same servers : its not like all the STO server date is sitting on the exact same drives in the exact server racks 'fighting each other' for space, but their still located in the same place and they are still run by the same people.

Been working in networking most of my adult life, this is NOT a technical issue : this is purely a economic issue : Crytpic/PWE are indeed just totally skimpinig $$$ on bandwith and hardware infrastructure ( and more importantly people to maintain it )
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khazimir wrote: »
    Actually, they didn't fail at City of Heroes. That was all NCSoft that was doing the work on that project. Cryptic might have had a hand in it but not all of it. In all actuality, City of Heroes / City of Villains was a HUGE success. I played it for the majority of its lifespan and miss it. Just sad that NCSoft couldn't find a way to buy out the rights to it. If they had, I would be playing CoH over STO right now.

Agreed. Rather be flying around on my fire controller than in sto.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeesh, flipped one page, nothing. do a refresh, 5 more pages!!!!!:D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon? Bacon?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vulcan

To make a "Vulcan" you will need to gather together the following ingredients;

? ounces gin
    ? ounces vodka
    ? ounces Southern Comfort
    ? ounces Malibu Rum
    ? fill grapefruit juice
    ? fill 7-Up

Start making the "Vulcan" by slowing pouring each ingredient, one at a time, into a chilled cocktail glass. When all of the ingredients have been added, insert your favorite fruit garnish and then serve.

Vulcan Mind Probe

To make a "Vulcan Mind Probe" you will need to gather together the following ingredients;

? fill Sambucca
    ? fill 151 rum

Proceed in making the "Vulcan Mind Probe" by slowly pouring each ingredient, one at a time, into a chilled glass. Then garnish the drink as desired and serve.

Beam Me Up Scottie

To make a "Beam Me Up Scottie" you will need to gather together the following ingredients;

1/3 fill Kahlua
    1/3 fill Cr?me de Banana
    1/3 fill Bailey's Irish Cream

Begin to make the "Beam Me Up Scottie" by taking out a chilled shot glass and then slowly pouring each ingredient, one by one, into the glass so that it has the appearance of layers. Once done, serve the drink.

Extra Terrestrial

To make an "Extra Terrestrial" you will need to gather together the following ingredients;

1/3 fill Midori
    1/3 fill Bailey's Irish Cream
    1/3 fill Stolichnaya vodka

To assemble the "Extra Terrestrial", slowly pour each ingredient, one at a time, into a chilled glass. Once done, garnish the drink with fruit and serve.

Blast Off Punch

To make the "Blast Off Punch" you will need to gather together the following ingredients;

? ounces light rum
    ? ounces dark rum
    ? ounces blue curacao
    ? ounce orgeat syrup
    1 ? ounces sweet and sour
    1 ? ounces orange juice

Begin making "Blast Off Punch" by placing all of the above ingredients into a shaker half filled with ice. Shake vigorously and then pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish the drink with fruit and serve.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose I shouldn't expect better from a company that brought us, and failed at, City of Heroes. Star Trek should have gone to the guys who do EVE Online.
    CCP? They wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. They like having control, and also prioritising player-base happiness over pure profit.

That said, I can remember when queueing up skills for a week just before big expansions landed was a good idea in the event of long-term server SNAFUs ;)
  • ddoherty1011ddoherty1011 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol I can

Servers are a myth,
    When it comes to our Star Trek,
    Just a stuck button.

Occasionally,
    However it is unstuck,
    That is server up.

But mostly down stuck,
    Meaning less playing for us,
    Why we kick a fuss?