test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we have an official statement about WHY the servers keep going down? Hardware failure? software failure? power faillure? ISP failure? employees failure?
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is getting f****** ridiculous. For people paying for this service, I including, should be compensated for all these outages. It is not unheard of nor unexpected that a company do such a thing. PWE has really done nothing for the player base besides saying thanks for understanding BUT if you have read the forums you would know NONE of us are happy about this and we are NOT understanding nor should we be expected to. We are paying customers!
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick question... the neverwinter and startrek online servers aren't interlinked are they?

No there not interlinked they're the same
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the third server crash in a week, STO blazed trails hitherto never blazed before and a new online multiplayer game genre was born: MDORPG-majorly disconnected offline roleplaying game. And the world was never the same again....
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I think Starfleet Dental should be assigned to Cryptic's HQ on May 21-st, there are going to be many fires to put out when the servers explode at launch! :P

That'd be really funny if it weren't soooo true.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captaindjm15captaindjm15 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well cryptic needs more servers if this keeps happening and i know whats causing it the romulan faction >.> cause server cant handle it now over run by romulans! :mad:
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Common guys you have had more crashes in the past 2 months than the previous year and a half. Get a clue something you are doing is not going well. Either its the new season beta on tribble or the neverwinter beta its a crying shame that beta stuff has to cause problems with every other mmo game you guys have maybe its time to have seperate servers and the problems won't happen every week

Serious disappointed

I was a subscriber to turbine for 3 years and came over here for a change and like it but now i spend half my time online checking out other games because the servers keep crashing. I'd advise fixing them before i find somethin else i like and decide to give them my money instead
  • tsf00181tsf00181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Either Cryptic needs new servers, or their ISP sucks.

Either way this is ridiculous considering this is only the TEST weekend. Whats it going to be like when the Expansion goes live?

Either way, I'm tired of getting frustrated with a second rate MMO. I'm going to go play something else and maybe come back in a month or two.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    As of a few minutes ago the servers have gone down yet again

Just in time for supper lol :D Atleast it went down at a time I would get off anyways :D
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran says "Cheers". I take a shot. Bran says "Cheers", I take a shot ...

lol :D:D:D:D
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do they run this game on just one server without failover solution.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh boy, May 21st is going to be interesting. Cryptic you guys really need to buy a few more hamsters.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is flakes of Bran to tell us what is going on?

Forget it they are even not man enough to post on the webside that the Server went gaga again.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • rickpellrickpell Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    the damn thing crashes when someone looks at it funny now,

My bad. I was looking at it funny. I couldn't help it, with all noise and smoke coming out of it, how could I not look? :D
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just pull the plug already, it's plain you guys are in over your heads.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • captaindjm15captaindjm15 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsf00181 wrote: »
    Either Cryptic needs new servers, or their ISP sucks.

Either way this is ridiculous considering this is only the TEST weekend. Whats it going to be like when the Expansion goes live?

Either way, I'm tired of getting frustrated with a second rate MMO. I'm going to go play something else and maybe come back in a month or two.

its due to to many people logging in and using sto
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    petitions are against the rules but can we start a petition for server donations ...its all for a good cause :rolleyes:

They already have those. they're called $1.25 master keys on boxes with < 0.05% drop rate on GQ items.
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it was fun that hour of gameplay in the middle of downtimes. :) Let's go for another 100 pages. :)

Laughable? Naw. I think pathetic? would be a better. :(
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is crashing more times than a new version of a well known operating system (not naming names).
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actually a good sign for LoR, since it's popular enough to destabilize the shared resources that they're using.

I think you and I may be using different definitions of 'good sign'.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just get rid of alwaysfail neverwinter plz.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • oldspyguyoldspyguy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are we launching new content when we can't keep the existing content up & running?
  • greasemonkey981greasemonkey981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're switching providers from AOL to Compuserve

Maybe they'll update from 28.8Kbps modems while they're at it.:D
  • gullshadowgullshadow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this time I wasn't in the middle of a STF.
    U.S.S. Avenger (Battle Cruiser)
    NCC 97500

Fleet Admiral Theron VonShadow Commanding
  • mehomiemehomie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?do=process&searchuser=devtracker&exactname=1&starteronly=0&forumchoice[]=0&childforums=1&titleonly=0&showposts=1&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&replyless=0&replylimit=0&searchthreadid=0&saveprefs=0&quicksearch=0&searchtype=1&nocache=0&ajax=0&userid=0&imagestamp=&pp=&page= has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Learn more about this problem.

and right near end of anotehr mission i got out and i know my ship when its not responding right i know and servercrashed out....

redirect loop? 3rd party cookies ?

"Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects."

so ya know and in config files one may increase this number ....

yup now you know why your ui sucks so bad it was writen in java lolololol
  • gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C'mon guys that cant be serious. Yesterday it took me 5 hours to get the romi patch down, now the servers are crashed or whatever.
    Hello its weekend people wanna play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick question... the neverwinter and startrek online servers aren't interlinked are they?

It is pretty obvious that they share the same server network because if STO server goes down Neverwinter is down at the exact same time.

So obviously Perfect World is not really all that perfect because they cheaped out and put too much on one server network for it to work properly.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey PWE, brilliant marketing idea here: seeing how Neverwinter and Star Trek Online are on the same server and how amazing that works you should consider a merge. Call it... Never Online!
  • darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where are all the posts going?

Redundant posts/threads are merged with existing ones on the same topic.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tribble infestation? AGAIN? How ... ?
This discussion has been closed.