test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stipends (5/9/13 Update and Information Regarding Extra Stipends Received)

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats the process if an LTS still not getting stipends? The Support page is virtually useless and there is no tech support. Are we mostly on our own on this issue?:mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is now June28th going on June 29th, nearing the end of the month of June and I have yet to receive my monthly stipend. I am hoping it will pop in by tomorrow, the 29th of June.

Something is off, I never had a missing stipend until now. :(
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is getting tiring now and the thread that these post keep getting thrown into is not IMO providing satisfactory answers.

What is the hold up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So i am not the only one not getting them?

Was normally get them the 23rd however notice i have not from when Legacy went live, was going to wait till after the first to say something
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure how long it has been going on but I think I'm pretty sure I haven't got mine this month. I've been saving up for the Scimitar since before the LoR beta even launched and I bought some.

I bought enough so with my next stipend that I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten would put me over 5k...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add me in as well, normally get mine around the 23rd, nothing for god knows how long now, we need some kind of system to track if we get them with dates etc (maybe under our accounts area)
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you opened a ticket? I can't be 100% sure, because I'm not certain how much I had to begin with, but I think I got mine.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I understand that we may have been paid in advance a month or two and as it's only 500 zen a month you may not notice it. However I would have noticed 1500 zen extra which I never got. It's now 3 months since I got my stipend. Have Cryptic cancelled this bonus to LifeTime Members?

Cryptic aren't paying anyone, it's a foul up with their system and they aren't doing anything about it, except blatently lying to people.

Prepare for this to be dusted under the carpet.
  • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I understand that we may have been paid in advance a month or two and as it's only 500 zen a month you may not notice it. However I would have noticed 1500 zen extra which I never got. It's now 3 months since I got my stipend. Have Cryptic cancelled this bonus to LifeTime Members?

Same. I got an e-mail back stating I *might* have been paid 1500 in April, I didnt. I calmly explained in a reply that had I of gotten this extra zen I wouldn't of bought more on top of that. I'm remaining patient though. Cryptic know its a problem and they'll fix it. I'll just spend it on lock box keys anyway :p
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TERMS OF SERVICE

20. Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PWE, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Website, your conduct, your violations of these Terms, any misuse of the Service, or your violation of the rights of any third party.

So basically this is PWE's way of saying we can sue you but you can't sue us. That would be true in a civil matter. The thing is they have taken our money and agreed to provide a service. They have not provided the service in question, this does not indemenify them from Criminal actions. That falls under Fraud and Theft of Services. Considering the amount of money paid for a lifetime service that becomes a Class III Felony under most states or countries laws.

What PWE is forgetting is they bought the exsisting contracts for lifers AS IS from Cryptic. That means they agreed to service the clients... meaning to pay the MONTHLY stipend not annually or semi-annually or quarterly.

Since according to PWE Zen points have no monetary value why are they withholding them?
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well i opened 2 tickets, got the same cookie cuter answer of there was a problem before bla bla bla, replied that even with the problem they had i still should have gotten this month stipend, that was a few weeks ago and i still havn't head nothing from them nor gotten the stipend.
    i'm starting to think they have no intention of giving any more stipends and they are just trying to wear people out and ignoring all problems about it.
    needless to say i am really pissed off.
  • wrexnormandywrexnormandy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I almost never visit the forums and just found out about this. I tried the support tab, but for what ever reason it isn't working right now. Isn't that just great. I know for sure I didn't get double in any month because I cashed in all my dilithium to get some stuff since my stipend wasn't showing up.

I live near cryptic. Anyone else want to take a field trip to get some in person account support?
    edited June 2013
    arnthebard wrote: »
    TERMS OF SERVICE

20. Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PWE, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Website, your conduct, your violations of these Terms, any misuse of the Service, or your violation of the rights of any third party.

So basically this is PWE's way of saying we can sue you but you can't sue us. That would be true in a civil matter. The thing is they have taken our money and agreed to provide a service. They have not provided the service in question, this does not indemenify them from Criminal actions. That falls under Fraud and Theft of Services. Considering the amount of money paid for a lifetime service that becomes a Class III Felony under most states or countries laws.

What PWE is forgetting is they bought the exsisting contracts for lifers AS IS from Cryptic. That means they agreed to service the clients... meaning to pay the MONTHLY stipend not annually or semi-annually or quarterly.

Since according to PWE Zen points have no monetary value why are they withholding them?

Okay can someone tell me why my launcher mysteriously doesn't work now? Is this retribution or some form of punishment? The timing is atrocious and very dark to suddenly have launcher problems when this subject is being brought to light.
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear Mr pwebranflakes I've just got out from the 3 days ban you gave me for posting private mail (the same automated mail all of you received after opening a ticket for your missing stipend).
    I do apollogize for that, I should have paid more attention to the forum rules.
    But yet the problem isn't solved, no official response from cryptic or pwe, and absolutly nothing on this subject from you!
    Now I know you are just an employee and if something doesn't work is not your fault... but... shouldn't you have posted something (new) on the forum about this? Something like "we're aware of the problem and we are working on it"...
    Just a suggestion... The ppl here complaining are obviusly your paying customer you should be more respectfull toward them (just post something here) unless your are trying to get rid of them...
    I would like to remind you that we're paying for something called "unlimited customer support" http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix (its the 3rd from the bottom).

English its not my language so maybe I got this wrong and unlimited customer support only means that I can receive an infinite number of automated mails if this is the case then I APOLLOGIZE again!

I do want my stipend even if i've already decided I'm not going to renew my subscription in september (I'm sure I'll be happier as a F2P and maybe I'll be more incline to try something else and spend my hard earned money there), i do regreet not having cancelled my subscription after the LOR fiasco, I still wanted to support the game even after all of those emergency patches, unscheduled mantenaince, scheduled emergency patches and regular patches... I still wanted to support the game even after all of my ingame mails (before june the first) disappeared.... But this its way to much.... its like taking money right of my wallet without giving an explanation.
    I do hope this message comply with the forum rules... and I do hope you will give an explanation to your customers.
    edited June 2013

This slippery slope has begun.... if they have no monetary value why can you BUY them in exchange for MONEY?

If in fact they have no value why does PWE care how many we have? This makes no sense since we are lifers to begin with. Wasn't $300.00 enough money to cough up for the right to the stipend?

As lifers we have seen our extras we paid for given away to F2P players. Where are the CONTINUING rewards that make players want to become Gold Members?

The worst is we have NO ADVOCATE to take our grievance to that will answer us this is why so many people leave the game. We feel like the strategy has been nerfed and this has been deliberately turned into Mommy's Credit Card/Run-N-Gun my money buys the biggest newest ship to blow you up in the game. Now I can't even get the Zen due to me to buy the keys to the lockboxes to participate in the madness this game has turned into.
  • url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally after about 10 days they answered me with a list showing 4 stipends applied the last 4 months. I know I didn't actually get all of them into the account but since I have no way to pull zen purchase/sell/buy history I can't prove it anyway. Support also completely failed to adress why my June stipend has not been paid even though with there own list it is now overdue by a week. Anyway, I won't spend another penny with PWE until I can see zen history on my account

I had put in a cut & paste of my answer but after seeing zix74itaelite's post above I was worried I'd get a 3 day ban for it. Crazy policy IMHO.
    edited June 2013
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crypticfrost
    This is a known issue where there's a delay between the player's system and the server, I can't explain the details, but it's being worked on.

OMG a Dev actually answering a forum post... we thought you all were extinct. WOW! We sure are glad to see someone give us some kind of news rather than the Obsidian Order of Silence. You are my new Favorite Dev...{Much Props}

"I told you there were lifeforms on the surface Captain" -Chief Science Officer-
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to look at our past stipend postings? I am thinking of something like a bank account statement. The online account info does not include the stipend information. I am not sure if I got my stipend doubled or not in the past.

It seems that now this is a problem we need to have it included somewhere, assuming that it is not something that I missed on my pwe account management pages.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to look at our past stipend postings? I am thinking of something like a bank account statement. The online account info does not include the stipend information. I am not sure if I got my stipend doubled or not in the past.

It seems that now this is a problem we need to have it included somewhere, assuming that it is not something that I missed on my pwe account management pages.

No because then we conspiracy theorists [a new doff] would have proof they are cheating us.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arnthebard wrote: »
    No because then we conspiracy theorists [a new doff] would have proof they are cheating us.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just dont recall getting any extra zen but yesterday was my stipend day and it didnt come in. Sent a ticket, but was hoping there was a page I could see all my zen contributions. I can track zen i buy, and zen i trade on exchange for, but not stipend zen.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is time to keep track of the stipends ourselves, shame they have no tracking history of Zen details. I recommend that on a monthly basis you type at what date you receive your stipend and open up a word document and form a record.

I prefer they just give all Lifer's a yearly stipend every January, total of 6K Zen a year, instead of the 500 every month. Just my 2cents.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    It really shouldn't be a surprise; after all they did take in-game assets from the paid players before F2P. I personally lost 1,091,337 dilithium to their so called 'conversion' and was giving a few free lock boxes and a BOFF in exchange for it.

I've been a lifer since before launch but it seems Cryptic and PWE have no loyalties to their customers. They care more about quick money schemes then delivering a true Star Trek Experience that they set out to do 3 years ago. I just hope CBS will hurry and pull the plug on the license before Cryptic/PWE completely destroy the Star Trek Franchise.
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didn't get mine either. I should have gotten it sometime in the last week. I didn't get one last month either. They claimed that some people got extra ones a couple months ago, but we have no way to verify this. Besides, they were supposed to have fixed that last month, so there's no good reason for us to not get them this month.

This is ridiculous. I don't know what they borked with the LOR release, but I don't appreciate it. I paid $300 for a lifetime sub that I could have spent on something else, and the 500 zen/month is one of the better perks of the subs, in my opinion. They never failed to give me my stipends prior to the LOR release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't remember when I got one last myself... normally I don't pay that close attention to it, but I recently noticed it seems odd when I had no zen left at the start of the month, then my total was from what I got for the dil->zen sale thing... and it's still at that even though this month is almost done (and I think it was at 0 for a month or so). But then I don't even know what date I'm supposed to get it either. I kind of wish it told you when your date was to expect it, so I could at least check to see.
  • linkjoylinkjoy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    errab wrote: »
    This is getting tiring now and the thread that these post keep getting thrown into is not IMO providing satisfactory answers.

What is the hold up?

Be careful, you might get banned by Brendan for complaining, (he has done that before.) It seems Cryptic is in the they don't give a TRIBBLE mode anymore. It seems NO ONE's tickets are getting resolved.

And if you put more then one ticket in they will say your are spamming and will threaten to ban your account. Not just your forum account
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here.. haven't started a ticket yet, didn't see an in game option that identified with that type of issue
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
    edited June 2013
    dear branflakes we are still waiting for a solution and an answer to our problem....
    to all of you out there, its possible to ask for a refund... http://www.bbb.org/

You should ask to PWE first, if they don't answer or the answer they give you its not satisfactory the you move to the next step..

just so you know who are you dealing with http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/cryptic-studios-in-los-gatos-ca-221613
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're pleased to report that the stipend delays we reported in this thread have now been resolved! All delayed stipends have been granted, and the stipend granting process is once again automatic.

While we worked on granting delayed stipends, some players may have received duplicate grants. Here are a few important notes regarding duplicate stipends:

• If you received one extra stipend in April, you will not be granted your May stipend. If you have already been granted your May stipend, then you will not receive your June stipend.
    • If you received two extra stipends in April, you will not be granted your May or June stipends. If you have already been granted your May stipend, then you will not receive your June or July stipends.
    • Some users may experience a delay of several days on the next stipend they receive after the skip.

Thanks again for your patience as our programmers worked on this resolution. With the above steps, all players who are eligible to receive stipends (Gold Members) will get the appropriate amount of promotional ZEN - you just might have gotten it a little earlier.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please file a billing ticket at http://support.perfectworld.com.

We'll see you in-game!

-The Cryptic Studios Team

I never received any duplicate stipend and yet have not received my June stipend. I would like this remedied, please. Thank you
    edited June 2013
    I never received any duplicate stipend and yet have not received my June stipend. I would like this remedied, please. Thank you

WELCOME to the club!
  • maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so I made a ticket and they told me I got double ZEN in April (they also wrote me, when I get ZEN and when I got my first ZEn) - one for April and another for May - and another zen in May which was for June. So now I am waiting till July when I get my ZEN for July (I hope so) and my problem should be solved
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
This discussion has been closed.